What's new

Leah Remini - Dancing With The Stars TV Show 2013

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Leah Remini will be participating in the show, Dancing With The Stars, beginning on Monday, September 16, 2013, at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on ABC. The show runs for 10 weeks, to be shown every Monday night (2 hours) and is expected to conclude on November 18, 2013.

Here's the complete list of competing teams:

Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi/Sasha FarberChristina Milian/Mark Ballas

Valerie Harper/Tristan MacManus

Elizabeth Berkley Lauren/Val Chmerkovskiy

Leah Remini/Tony Dovolani

Amber Riley/Derek Hough

Bil Nye/Tyne Stecklein

Brant Daugherty/Peta Murgatroyd

Jack Osbourne/Cheryl Burke

Bill Engvall/Emma Slater

Keyshawn Johnson/Sharna Burgess

Corbin Bleu/Karina Smirnoff

Link to USA Today article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2013/09/04/dancing-with-the-stars-abc-new-season/2760241/

:cheerleader:

JB

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Is there footage of her dancing ?

There will be clips after September 16th, but you can watch this 'til then...

[video=youtube;PNs6cJ23Sm4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNs6cJ23Sm4&feature=c4-overview&list=UULRnZXI-IrATneSzNr57PZw[/video]

JB

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
https://twitter.com/TeamLEONY

attachment.php

View attachment 6010

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Jennifer Lopez is expected to attend the first night of Dancing With The Stars to support her friend, Leah Remini.

Link to the AccessHollywood story, by Erin O'Sullivan: http://www.accesshollywood.com/leah...dancing-with-the-stars-premiere_article_84248

"Leah Remini: Jennifer Lopez To Attend DWTS Premiere"

Excerpt:

The “Dancing with the Stars” ballroom will be graced with extra sparkle and fierceness during Monday’s premiere.

According to Leah Remini (who is competing on the show with pro partner Tony Dovolani), her longtime good friend Jennifer Lopez will be in the audience for support!

“She is [coming],” Leah told Access Hollywood’s Shaun Robinson at her rehearsal alongside Tony on Friday, when asked if J.Lo would be attending any shows.

JB

Last edited:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Leah Remini - Dancing With The Stars - How To Vote

Here's a link to ABC-TV's program, Dancing With The Stars, which explains how the voting process works: http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/vote-faq

To vote from your phone, here's the number: 1-800-VOTE-411 #TeamLeony

Excerpts from the FAQs page:

How does the show work this season?

Things are a little different for Fall 2013. During the live show every Monday night, the stars will dance their hearts out. Then, fans like you vote for your favorite dancers.
The following week, the stars will perform again, and the judges will give each couple a score based on several factors, including technical execution. Those scores will be added to your votes from the previous week, and the couple with the lowest combined score from judges and viewer votes will be eliminated from the competition toward the end of that week’s episode. So for example, your votes after Week 2 will be combined with the judges’ scores from Week 3 to determine who goes home at the end of Week 3.

So how do I vote?
We have three convenient ways for you to keep your favorite stars dancing. You can vote by phone or do it online, either at ABC.com or on Facebook at http://apps.facebook.com/votedwts. And you have to be 13 years old…sorry, tweens!

When exactly can I vote?
Phone voting begins during the show on Mondays, and is open until 60 minutes after the conclusion of that show in your local time zone.
Online voting at both ABC.com and Facebook opens each Monday when the show begins on the East Coast at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT) and stays open until 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT) the next day. During the season’s final week on Monday, November 25, online voting will open when the show begins on the East Coast at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT) and will stay open until 11 a.m. ET (8 a.m. PT) on Tuesday, November 26.

What if I want to vote online? Anything in particular I need to do first?
To vote at ABC.com, a username and a valid email address are a must. We've hopefully made the process pretty easy for you. In fact, if you already have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can sign in with one of those accounts, connect it to an ABC account and you're ready to go.
If you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can simply sign up for an ABC account at ABC.com.

The Internet browser on user computers must allow cookies, have Javascript enabled and have the latest version of Flash installed in order to vote. If cookies and Javascript are disabled and Flash is not installed, users will be unable to access the online ballot.

To vote via Facebook, go here: http://apps.facebook.com/votedwts. You will need to have pop-up blockers turned off for Facebook and authorize the Dancing with the Stars voting app.

Multiple members of my household would like to vote. Can they?
Sure -- the more the merrier! Just make sure to log out after you finish voting, then have your other household members log in with their Facebook, Twitter or ABC.com accounts. It's perfectly fine to vote on the same computer.

JB

Last edited:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
"Leah Remini After Scientology: 'Fans Rooting For Me'" - from USA Today, link here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2013/09/15/leah-remini-scientology/2815645/

Excerpts:

Leah Remini believes that fans are supporting her following her recent split from the Church of Scientology.
As she heads onto Dancing With the Stars on Monday night, the King of Queens star says she's feeling the love.

"I think people are rooting for me, they are so supportive. People have been nothing but loving," Remini tells USA TODAY.

"Considering what I have been through this year, I figured that I am really at a vulnerable place in my life," says Remini. "But I want to come from a place of strength. And it scares me do this. I want to go into it having fun. I want people to be inspired."

Right now she is inspired to take on the rigors of the ballroom dance show.
"I think when people come out of something, and go into something new, it's so invigorating," says Remini. "And the amount of love and support you get for doing something, that might inspire other people during a difficult time."

My bold ^^^^.

Imagine a scio celebrity (or their agent/management team) reading Ms. Remini's words above, especially the bolded quotes.

Ask, "Where's Shelly?" ----> Pay $300k for interrogations/sec-checks.

Leave Co$? ----> Dance, get paid $$, retain your fan base, give/receive love and support.

JB.

Purple Rain

Crusader
"Leah Remini After Scientology: 'Fans Rooting For Me'" - from USA Today, link here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2013/09/15/leah-remini-scientology/2815645/

Excerpts:

My bold ^^^^.

Imagine a scio celebrity (or their agent/management team) reading Ms. Remini's words above, especially the bolded quotes.

Ask, "Where's Shelly?" ----> Pay $300k for interrogations/sec-checks.

Leave Co$? ----> Dance, get paid $$, retain your fan base, give/receive love and support.

JB.

I am definitely going for her, but I'm going to be really torn with some of the other contestants - like Rhoda from Mary Tyler Moore with her brain cancer. I hope I remember to watch, because I really do want Leah to do well and keep feeling the love. How did Kirsty go when she was on there, do you know?

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
I am definitely going for her, but I'm going to be really torn with some of the other contestants - like Rhoda from Mary Tyler Moore with her brain cancer. I hope I remember to watch, because I really do want Leah to do well and keep feeling the love. How did Kirsty go when she was on there, do you know?

Hi, PurpleRain :)

I've never seen the show*, but Smurf posted somewhere here at ESMB that KA was on the show twice -- the 1st time she did 'meh'; 2nd time quite well. EDIT: Here's the link: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...With-the-Stars&p=843178&viewfull=1#post843178)

JB

*But will tune-in tomorrow night & vote/watch each Monday thereafter. :happydance:

Last edited:

In February 2011, Alley was announced as a contestant on Dancing with the Stars. She was partnered with Maksim Chmerkovskiy. Their first dance, a cha-cha-cha, earned them the second-highest score, 23 points of a possible 30. On May 2011, Alley and Chmerkovskiy performed their final dance, also a cha-cha-cha, which earned them a perfect score of 30 out of 30. Alley finished the competition in second place, behind NFL Super Bowl champion Hines Ward. She also took part in the 15th season of Dancing with the Stars for a second chance to win the mirrorball trophy[10] again with Maksim Chmerkovskiy. They were the seventh couple eliminated from the competition.

There are a whole bunch of them on you tube:
[video=youtube;QQhimRJKPYQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQhimRJKPYQ[/video]

Leah could pull in some serious money if she stays in a while:

Payment[edit source]

On the April 18, 2006 episode of the Howard Stern Radio Show, Stern's wife Beth said that she was guaranteed to earn $125,000 for just appearing on DWTS (in season 3) and could earn up to more than double the original sum, depending on how long she lasted on the program.[9][10]

But as this season's 16-year-old front-runner Zendaya Coleman's contract reveals, for some stars it may be all about the paycheck. It turns out that in just a few weeks of hoofing it onstage, a DWTS contestant can rake in a fair amount of cash.

Back in 2012, it was reported that the professional dancers on the show pull in around $10,000 per week. That's a fair amount of moola, and it's probably a low guess when you consider the veteran pros have surely scored more lucrative contracts by now.

Still, it's nothing compared to what the "stars" can bring home if they manage to avoid elimination. According to Zendaya Coleman's DWTS contract -- which is reportedly standardized among all contestants -- she started with a $125,000 payment for joining the show and being on the first two episodes, then she gets paid as follows:

Weeks 3 & 4: $10,000 per week ($20K total)
Weeks 5 & 6: $20,000 per week ($40K total)
Weeks 7 & 8: $30,000 per week ($60K total)
Weeks 9 & 10: $50,000 per week ($100K total)

If a contestant can make it to the very end, that's a grand total of $345,000 they'll earn.

Now, it's true these aren't exactly standout salaries in the world of reality television (The Hills' Lauren Conrad made a jaw-dropping $125,000 per episode back in 2009), but for a cast that mostly consists of washed-up has-beens, it's not bad. I mean, no offense to Andy Dick, but where else is he going to make that kind of cash these days?

Personally, I think it's time the show creators go ahead and call this series what it is: Dancing With the Who? (Or Dancing With the Where Are They Nows?, I'm not picky). But hey, at least the folks who join the cast each year are getting a decent shot at padding their retirement accounts.

Are you at all surprised by the Dancing With the Stars salaries?

Oh damn! Alley did very well then. I feel like a nervous mother waiting for my kid to step up for a piano recital.
A lot of it depends on the star's fan base that votes for them, there have been better dancers that have been knocked out by a large call in vote for a popular star, like Kirstie. There is the star's ability to dance, and what they put into it, if they show up unprepared, have two left feet etc. which can alienate their fan base.

So, it is a bit more than just a popularity contest.

Mimsey

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
There are a whole bunch of them on you tube:
[video=youtube;QQhimRJKPYQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQhimRJKPYQ[/video]

Thanks, Mimsey. :)

I thought she did a very nice job, too.

Hearing the song in KA's video above made me wonder which song Leah Remini will select for the premiere tomorrow night. (Since she's 43, she might get a groove on w/Kenny Loggins' "I'm Alright".)

Do the contestants/participants choose the dance music themselves or is that a producer's choice?

JB, at 8 tomorrow night -----> :tvhappy:
JB, at 7 tomorrow night -----> sending blast email to friends/family/colleagues to tune-in :yes:

Purple Rain

Crusader
Thanks, Mimsey. :)

I thought she did a very nice job, too.

Hearing the song in KA's video above made me wonder which song Leah Remini will select for the premiere tomorrow night. (Since she's 43, she might get a groove on w/Kenny Loggins' "I'm Alright".)

Do the contestants/participants choose the dance music themselves or is that a producer's choice?

JB, at 8 tomorrow night -----> :tvhappy:
JB, at 7 tomorrow night -----> sending blast email to friends/family/colleagues to tune-in :yes:

Was that Kelly Preston at 3:39? (Such a supportive friend for all of two seconds as long as you don't go asking questions and making an annoying brouhaha about some cult leader's missing wife).