What's new

Ask Kate your questions here...

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

I think that Bridge and Golden Era do really great work.

-snip-

Have you ever visited Golden Era Studios in the Riverside, California desert?

I was out there last, picketing with some others, in the summer of 1985. I hear they've done a lot of property enhancement since then.

You really should visit to see their facilities. I'm sure they'd be glad to show you around - you being a budding religious scholar, and a Scientology Inc. correspondence course student, and all.

I've seen Golden Era personnel at work on a number of occasions. In the 1990s, they were doing some filming in an area near where I work. There must have been at least thirty of them, plus a lawyer that they take wherever they go. They have no problem Fair Gaming by way of lying, lying to police, etc. I've witnessed that. Very nasty, but they love "religious scholars" who say Scientology is a religion.

Here's a fellow who made the mistake of traveling to Golden Era Studios, and picketing, while alone. He was convicted of "interfering with a religion," for picketing outside Scientology's heavily armed, razor-wire enclosed, base outside Hemet, California: Golden Era Studios. He was sent to jail.

kh-hero.jpg

kate8024

-deleted-
So what exactly is Scientology to you that you can pick and choose what you want to do in no particular order?

How is that a religion?

How is that a Science?

How is that any kind of methodology to accomplish something?

It sounds more like the construct of a cook book or an excercise routine to work on various parts of the body.

Your taking something that is supposed to have form and structure and turning it into a game with your own rules.

What other philosophies and religions do you stir into the stew?

Are you creating a new and improved Cult?

Its a religion because I also pick and choose what practices I do when in other religions. If I want to say a prayer to Shiva one day and Allah the next that doesn't make it not religious.

It's a science in that I don't believe the viewpoint on the material (ie it being done in a particular order) to be correct so I'm forced to evaluate many parts of it to find what seems to be interesting stuff. When I find something I like , I'l do it again. When I find something I don't, I don't. What i'm trying to accomplish is just to sort out what I like doing for myself when and this method works perfectly fine for accomplishing that.

The other religions I practice to some extent are Gnosticism, Hinduism, Zen, Daoism, Mormonism, Islam, Shamanism, nebulous Neo-Paganism, and some others less frequently.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
People on ESMB really like to get their teeth into Scios (or quasi-scios), don't they? This thread is really hot!

Paul

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
From Kate:

" I think that Bridge and Golden Era do really great work."

Yeah, me too. What "great work" might that be? Great? I can't help myself:

:roflmao:
All those beautiful promo vids and commercials? It's like a passive or subliminal suggestion to go see something Golden Era has done to see for yourself what this really great work is. All the while just trying to get you to put your foot in door. Or go look at Bridge in hopes you buy a book. :confused2:

kate8024

-deleted-
Honestly, this just sounds to me like you are trying to convince either Scions on the fence or never-ins that the church isn't so bad and people should give it a try.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything other than what I'm saying are my experiences are, in fact, my experiences. Would you prefer that I lie about my experiences or do you prefer that I not talk about them? I don't care if people who are in Scientology leave or stay, I don't care if people who are not in decide to join or decide to protest. Those things are not my battles.

freethinker

Sponsor
So you're into Religious and Science fashion.

You're just kinda doing it because it feels good but then you dump it when it no longer produces the high.

Good Luck with that, you might wind up curled up in a ball on the floor in the fetal position.

Its a religion because I also pick and choose what practices I do when in other religions. If I want to say a prayer to Shiva one day and Allah the next that doesn't make it not religious.

It's a science in that I don't believe the viewpoint on the material (ie it being done in a particular order) to be correct so I'm forced to evaluate many parts of it to find what seems to be interesting stuff. When I find something I like , I'l do it again. When I find something I don't, I don't. What i'm trying to accomplish is just to sort out what I like doing for myself when and this method works perfectly fine for accomplishing that.

The other religions I practice to some extent are Gnosticism, Hinduism, Zen, Daoism, Mormonism, Islam, Shamanism, nebulous Neo-Paganism, and some others less frequently.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
What a horrendously amazing distortion of reality. Your gullibility (or spin) knows no bounds.

Gad, I recognize the make-no-sense pseudo-intellectual ramblings of Kate here as the person posting on Tony's blog every once in a great while, about things like Carl Sagan, in spirit, being supportive of Dr. Hubtard's research. Really off-the-wall stuff.

There is no apparent logic to her writing. I'd hesitate to call it reasoning. It's random, disconnected B.S. -- she's either mad or toying with people to distract.

Did Paul of Paul's robot write this Kate program? Anyway, please reprogram her "affect change" to "effect change." There's a small problem with her grammar loop.:coolwink:

kate8024

-deleted-
Have you ever visited Golden Era Studios in the Riverside, California desert?
Here's a fellow who made the mistake of traveling to Golden Era Studios, and picketing, while alone. He was convicted of "interfering with a religion," for picketing outside Scientology's heavily armed, razor-wire enclosed, base outside Hemet, California: Golden Era Studios. He was sent to jail.

You are talking about something different entirely. I'm saying that I find the materials produced by those two divisions to be high quality. I'm not saying anything at all about the ridiculous management and legal practices that are part of the Church of Scientology.

kate8024

-deleted-
Gad, I recognize the make-no-sense pseudo-intellectual ramblings of Kate here as the person posting on Tony's blog every once in a great while, about things like Carl Sagan, in spirit, being supportive of Dr. Hubtard's research. Really off-the-wall stuff.

There is no apparent logic to her writing. I'd hesitate to call it reasoning. It's random, disconnected B.S. -- she's either mad or toying with people to distract.

Did Paul of Paul's robot write this Kate program? Anyway, please reprogram her "affect change" to "effect change." There's a small problem with her grammar loop.:coolwink:

Nope not me. I never post on Tony's blog, haven't read any Carl Sagan since I was 16 and couldn't say much about him at all, I would never call LRH "Dr.", and don't believed he did much at all in the way of "research".

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

I said I believe you are a Scientologist. Could you please elaborate on the reactions you have received when discussing the Nation of Islam, the killing of Lisa Mc Pherson, the harassment and intimidation of former Scientologists who have spoken out, the impisonment of Scientology staff, the abandonment of elderly Scientologists, the routine break-up of families, and bankruptcies. You say those things concern you, but your response seems... well, glib. How do you rationalize being in the Church? I'd really like to know, Kate. Also, please tell me the reaction you get from Scientologists if and when you mention that David Miscavige beats his staff.

Kate...you there?

kate8024

-deleted-
All those beautiful promo vids and commercials? It's like a passive or subliminal suggestion to go see something Golden Era has done to see for yourself what this really great work is. All the while just trying to get you to put your foot in door. Or go look at Bridge in hopes you buy a book. :confused2:

Nope its being honest about the fact that I like some things related to the CofS and not others. If you follow Tony Ortega's blog you'd be familiar with the videos I'm talking about already so you wouldn't need to see something they've done. I could care less if you buy Scientology books - and in fact in that other thread where I mentioned where to find the certain topics you requested in Scientology books I linked to where you can get them on Amazon for $0.01 rather than linking to the Bridge website. I don't recommend _anyone_ step foot inside an org; if someone does its their choice and its at their own risk.

MissWog

I like the work done on things like the Scientology commercials and the various quote videos, I like the actual physical books and lectures. I find the new artwork designs to be beautiful, I love the paper and printing quality in the hardcover books, I like the design of the CD cases, and so on. The sound and video restoration work is in some cases amazing. The people who actually make these materials I think do an excellent job.
I totally called this! :clap:
It's a commercial for the commercials..it's a invitation to porous the book isle.
Im sorry Kate I can't help myself and you really don't have to answer this bc I'm not asking you a question..just making an observation.

freethinker

Sponsor
But it is actually policy to make books good and heavy and respectful so people will buy them at $50 a whack and up so, inadvertantly, you're into the management policies and applying them 100% standardly.

You are talking about something different entirely. I'm saying that I find the materials produced by those two divisions to be high quality. I'm not saying anything at all about the ridiculous management and legal practices that are part of the Church of Scientology.

Veda

Sponsor

It's not "management"; it's philosophy. "Fair Gaming SPs" is a philosophy that is woven throughout the applied philosophy of Scientology.

Anyway, would you mind posting some of your favorite Golden Era Studio produced videos?

[video=youtube;kMj9FnwPQpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMj9FnwPQpk[/video]

MissWog

I totally called this! :clap:
It's a commercial for the commercials..it's a invitation to porous the book isle.
Im sorry Kate I can't help myself and you really don't have to answer this bc I'm not asking you a question..just making an observation.
And oh yeah! Never mind that they are slaves doing this great work with a few paid actors ( not actual members are ever used!) fuck the human rights issue..the colors and graphics are sooooo pretty!

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I like the work done on things like the Scientology commercials and the various quote videos, I like the actual physical books and lectures. I find the new artwork designs to be beautiful, I love the paper and printing quality in the hardcover books, I like the design of the CD cases, and so on. The sound and video restoration work is in some cases amazing. The people who actually make these materials I think do an excellent job.
Scientology has always been good at creating a slick image. After all, Scientology is nothing but image.

But you do realize that's all there is, don't you? It's undisputed that there are no "Releases", no "Clears" and no "OTs", no "Engrams", no "Reactive Mind". It's all just pretty window dressing with nothing inside.

How long do you sit and admire the window dressing before you realize it is your time you are wasting? Or is that all you were looking for?

kate8024

-deleted-

I said I believe you are a Scientologist. Could you please elaborate on the reactions you have received when discussing the Nation of Islam, the killing of Lisa Mc Pherson, the harassment and intimidation of former Scientologists who have spoken out, the impisonment of Scientology staff, the abandonment of elderly Scientologists, the routine break-up of families, and bankruptcies. You say those things concern you, but your response seems... well, glib. How do you rationalize being in the Church? I'd really like to know, Kate. Also, please tell me the reaction you get from Scientologists if and when you mention that David Miscavige beats his staff.

Are you implying that I directly discuss these particular issues with Scientology staff? I don't believe that bringing those topics up to regular staff members in a direct way would have a positive effect - usually things like that result in staff members digging in their heels and pushing themselves even more into the organization. I recommend reading http://www.xenu.net/archive/infopack/16.htm

olska

Yes I've read KSW - it's literally all over the place in Scientology material. Mrs. Pattycake is described in an HCOPL that might be studied by staff members but I have little to no interest in. As I've read through all the red volumes its quite likely I've read that HCOPL at some point and forgot about it, but in general I only focus on the things that are important to what I'm doing.

I think KSW is really dumb and dogmatic. I very much dislike dogmatism.

FYI the "red volumes" contain the HCOBs (tech bulletins), not the HCOPLs (policy letters). Unless GAT changed all that? :coolwink:

kate8024

-deleted-
It's not "management," it's philosophy. "Fair Gaming SPs" is a philosophy that is woven throughout the applied philosophy of Scientology.

Anyway, would you mind posting some of your favorite Golden Era Studio produced videos?

Tony Ortega has been working through them on his site. I actually like the Boots in Space one a lot, that's one he has posted already. I also like the Knowledge commercial which I assume was done by Golden Era as well as the Fundamentals of Thought DVD which is in a similar style.

Regarding the Knowledge commercial I also loved how there was a marketing agency that measured consumer response over the course of the commercial and it got quite high until the very end when they tell you its about Scientology, I found that to be hilarious.