What's new

Independent Scientologist Mark Shreffler promotes use of COS Admin abd Ethics Tech

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Independent Scientologist Mark Shreffler promotes continued use of Scientology Admin and Ethics tech, as well as conspiracy theories.

While perhaps not surprising given the fact he is a founding member of Milestone Two, Independent Scientologist Mark Shreffler promotes the continued use of Scientology Admin and Ethics Tech. Perhaps marginally more surprising, he also promotes conspiracy theories.

From the South African Independent Scientology blog, Scientologists getting back in comm:

Group Engram
https://backincomm.wordpress.com/2014/03/10/group-engram/
Excerpts:
By Mark Shreffler

I am engulfed by responses from my recent post on this blog titled “War and Revolution.” I intended my simple offering would provide for many a stable datum that would allow them to move through whatever difficulties they are having and then re-engage with their lives.

My suggestion that we continue with our enhancement includes not just auditing and training to resolve Case, but the ethics and admin tech as well. Without these one cannot correctly evaluate what has happened and thus remove its harmful effect.

No one argues the fact that our group suffered an engram, and no one (in our group) disagrees with the fact that this needs to be resolved. Resolving this trauma is what LRH addresses in Notes on the Lectures when he says the following:
It is my view that continuing to put attention on current events in the church distracts us from the task of actually blowing the basic engram, and adds locks on to the chain. Of course there has been a chain of engrams as many of us can attest, but the Basic-Basic holding them in place needs be resolved.
I would be very interested, for example, to know what ACTUALLY transpired in the storied meeting with DM and the IRS that resulted in his “War is Over!” declaration back in the 80’s. From a huge stage well-framed in characteristics of fanfare that became his hallmark, he fanned through all the documents that suggested our liberation from IRS intervention. This talk, and the parade of adoring attorneys collecting their accolades and praising “their leader,” established DM as “The Savior of Scientology.”

In truth, that “victory” marked the time when all church MAAs became IRS enforcers to ensure everyone was paying their individual taxes “to keep our religious status” as a church. You would be sec-checked if you didn’t file.

In fact, the war WAS over, but the hidden information in that incident was that the church lost that war and DM sided with the enemy, long entrenched. All manner of PR was then utilized to cover this fact. People supporting DM both inside and outside of the church turned their attention to maintaining the illusion of victory to an innocent and enthusiastic congregation. This continues to this day.

Was this “War is Over” event the Basic engram on this chain? I believe for our congregation it was a significant moment, but I would suggest that the earlier event announcing LRH’s departure was both emotionally traumatic and puzzling as it left us wondering, “What now?” The arbitraries laid in at that time were certainly impactful, and I’m sure there is more to know about that event and what led to it.

LRH told us for years about those who were intent on taking over the church: The IRS and the CIA to name two. Of course these agencies answer to their own masters, who LRH also mentioned, but in my gut they were the actual “renovators” of this house. My opinion. Do any of you have evidence of this?

DM did not pull this off without a lot of help. The tech and policy arbitraries count in the thousands from the bottom of the bridge to the top. All the basics were altered. How could this massive amount of work be done by a failed case with no tech or admin training to speak of and therefore no senior grasp on exactly which fundamentals would destroy the effectiveness of our technologies? Outpoints abound.
DM was allowed by these “renovators” to rise as the “front man” to attract the ire of the storm. He was well suited to the task as he is quite charismatic, blinded by his own avarice and a sociopath. Because he is not himself trained in Scientology he is the perfect “Lee Harvey Oswald” of the renovation, with the obvious difference that Oswald did not shoot Kennedy, where DM pulled the trigger on many for years – and yet remains free to operate.
It’s an old story. Who believes that the President of the United States is chosen “by the people” and does not answer to higher authorities? Even the Pope (the Catholic version) is on somebody’s leash.
The ONLY objective they have is to see to it that the real OT levels are not delivered. Yes, they KNOW Scientology works and that these levels and the other training in Scientology technologies would prove their undoing. As long as everyone remains stirred up, they are winning. Their creed is “Don’t let them get the OT Levels. Don’t let them train on Standard Scientology”
EDITED TO ADD:

Conceptually related thread: Recruiting for the religious order of the Church of Scientology, The Sea Organization
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...he-Church-of-Scientology-The-Sea-Organization

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Independent Scientologist Mark Shreffler promotes use of COS Admin abd Ethics Tec

Why is the conspiracy theory part surprising? Someone who has turned off critical thinking for so long as to remain in the cult, and then remain an independent $cientologist after realizing the cult is full of shit, has an impairment, induced or native, in critical thinking capacity.

That is fertile ground for conspiracy theories.

One hopes that the critical thinking faculties will return with time, but the longer one remains an Independent, the less likely that becomes.

Terril park

Sponsor
Re: Independent Scientologist Mark Shreffler promotes use of COS Admin abd Ethics Tec

Why is the conspiracy theory part surprising? Someone who has turned off critical thinking for so long as to remain in the cult, and then remain an independent $cientologist after realizing the cult is full of shit, has an impairment, induced or native, in critical thinking capacity.

One hopes that the critical thinking faculties will return with time, but the longer one remains an Independent, the less likely that becomes.

Conspiracy theories are widely believed. However Hubbard was "source" for many. Psyches,
wholetrack psyches, 4th invader force, 5th invader force. I expect there were 3 earlier invader
forces. Marcabians, implanters, wholetrack implanters, between lives implanters, communists,
international bankers [correct item], and then there are SPs. Probably not a complete list.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

Or it can similarly impair one's critical thinking especially the ability to connect the dots and deduce where and by whom they are being lied to now when they've been conditioned to overlook a bazillion red flags and blindly stay in with nary a thought nor the ability to further extrapolate that a fat pot of lies would tend to indicate that the source cannot be trusted to ever come clean with you. It works both ways. Once you become accustomed to that handsome ostrich hat and those nifty horse blinkers... it's hard to take them off.

kate8024

-deleted-

-deleted-

Last edited:

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron

To some extent I think that belief in conspiracy theories doesn't always stem from so much a _lack_ of critical reasoning but rather an imbalance between critical reasoning and pattern matching. I speculate that to some extent altered states of consciousness, such as many of the ones found in Scientology, can increase one's ability to pattern-match in complex systems but doesn't increase their ability to critically evaluate the extra information. I think this could be an explanation for why some otherwise rational people can believe in these types of theories - they can think critically about things just like anyone else, but their pattern-matching circuitry is overdeveloped and overloading their critical reasoning circuits with complex patterns that it doesn't really know how to handle.

"Pattern Recognition"...that rings a bell! Nice read, too! :yes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattern_Recognition_(novel)

kate8024

-deleted-

-deleted-

Last edited:

uniquemand

Unbeliever

IMO, organizational technology is a bit of a joke. I like an organization board, I like the concept of "hat" training, given that it is really effective methods to get something done that needs to be done for the business to work, etc. I also like the "Admin Scale". That being said, the rest of it seems like a lot of bells and whistles that are unnecessary and Byzantine, mostly to create the culture of Scientology. If the organization has a useful purpose and people want its products or services, all that is needed is a little planning and execution. Most of Scientology policy seems to exist to STOP people from executing and delivering services (never mind their value).

jea-su

Patron

To some extent I think that belief in conspiracy theories doesn't always stem from so much a _lack_ of critical reasoning but rather an imbalance between critical reasoning and pattern matching. I speculate that to some extent altered states of consciousness, such as many of the ones found in Scientology, can increase one's ability to pattern-match in complex systems but doesn't increase their ability to critically evaluate the extra information. I think this could be an explanation for why some otherwise rational people can believe in these types of theories - they can think critically about things just like anyone else, but their pattern-matching circuitry is overdeveloped and overloading their critical reasoning circuits with complex patterns that it doesn't really know how to handle.
You are a fantastic writer. I doubt you believe what you write. But look at these videos, pose, digest it and than ask to yourself does it apply to me? Does it apply to US? EU? Russia? Bull sh...it is just a conspiracy theory. Income Tax, war, and ….. those are just conspiracy theories. Are they. Please wake up that is the reason why Scientology and Scientologist are being utterly separated from each other and we are discussing about the non workability of the Tech, DM, LRH, Mayo and whoever. The test is simple. Are those man and woman blathering in this blog helping you to be more confident, stable and improve conditions in your life? If they don't why? [QUOTE/] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0IM7Hobd_k [/QUOTE]

kate8024

-deleted-

-deleted-

Last edited:

kate8024

-deleted-

-deleted-

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

So does this apply to your incessant curiosity about getting involved in an organization that was all about solving the effects of supposed inter-galactic conspiracies? Actually, I'm glad for your post as it just hit me that this is a reason for some over the top bitterness of some ex's towards "conspiracy theorists". Some are still fighting with their prior selves over ever having gotten into Scientology in the first place. "Oh, if only I hadn't believed such a nut job conspiracy theorist..." But some conspiracy awareness's are quite sane and built upon real science so be careful of the box you build around yourself with your choice of words. You'd have to actually research which "conspiracies theories" are well founded and in many cases believed by knowledgeable parties vs. the ones generated and believed by outlandish dim witted kooks like you often case find in cults and politics. I wonder if any "conspiracy theorists" took a stand against Hitler and were ridiculed so much they lost their livelihoods if not lives over it in the early 1940's? Same has happened here since 911.
SCIENTOLOGY INCARCERATES WITH WORDS.

Last edited:

kate8024

-deleted-

-deleted-

Last edited:

jea-su

Patron

I'm not quite certain what you are getting at with most of your post, to be honest.
I am looking what is being reported in this forum. I am comparing it with my own experience and wins within Scientology. The only conclusion I came up with is that very few of you have really grasped what Scientology is all about. It seams that basic like ARC, Understanding, Self Determinism, Think for Yourself , Data Analysis, Ethics conditions, Postulate, Games etc. are not applied but Scientology is a scam. It seams that all the bad things that are happening around us are coincidental and not created. Bad things ? Those are only conspiracy theories :thumbsup:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

Certainly not all conspiracy theories fit into the same box. I'm only implying that some people develop their ability to detect patterns out of proportion with their ability to critically analyze those patterns. I fully believe some things labeled as conspiracy theories to be perfectly reasonable theories. Some not so much.

All depends on what you mean by "ability". Have you considered that in many cases it is not at all their lack of "ability" to critcally analyze those patterns but that they lack the necessary data as it's being witheld? This is the anatomy of a lie we're really discussing. You might lie to me or I you and we'd both know it was a lie on many levels but being that we can't be everywhere at once and witness everything in the first hand, we still wont know what WAS true, only what was untrue. With conspiracies we are merely dealing with a multitude of liars so it becomes all the more impossible in many cases to ever really know what was true, only what was not.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

While there is some truth in what you say, the inability to think critically can cause an individual to fail to see actual conspiracies.

It works both ways.

One who is impaired (for whatever reason) can see conspiracies that aren't there or fail to see conspiracies that are.

Veda

Sponsor

I am looking what is being reported in this forum. I am comparing it with my own experience and wins within Scientology.

-snip-

Suggestion:

Go to the New Members Introduction section - toward the top of the MB - and start a thread introducing yourself, and describing your experiences and wins within Scientology. :)

kate8024

-deleted-

-deleted-

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

Looks interesting, I'll check it out - thanks!

Actually the more I've read about pattern recognition the more reminded I am of Hubbard's descriptions of the "reactive mind". Or is this my pattern recognition kicking in? I don't know if likening one's mind to a computer model proved to be workable in Scientology as one doesn't think in binary digits or his A=A=A either. Then we found out that we'd been mocking up our own reactive minds all along (since reading Dianetics apparently).