What's new

What keeps the "whales" in?

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Honestly, most of the 'whales' I met, got the worship and adoration that they assumed would be their due in spades from the cult, when the outside world didn't always give it. They also alleviated their guilt, by believing that they must be 'big beings' in order to have wound up with so much money, so any asshole moves they pull to get richer and richer are justified because it is the 'greatest good' and the money they flow to the cult, and them going up the Bridge will more than make up for any evil shit they pull in the real world.

Materialistic bastards can feel that they actually are spiritual after all... :confused2:

Gib

Crusader
Honestly, most of the 'whales' I met, got the worship and adoration that they assumed would be their due in spades from the cult, when the outside world didn't always give it. They also alleviated their guilt, by believing that they must be 'big beings' in order to have wound up with so much money, so any asshole moves they pull to get richer and richer are justified because it is the 'greatest good' and the money they flow to the cult, and them going up the Bridge will more than make up for any evil shit they pull in the real world.

Materialistic bastards can feel that they actually are spiritual after all... :confused2:

sounds like any other religion. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Hubbard just used different words. LOL

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
belief of/over "wins"?
fear of blackmail?
fear of small people slapping them silly?
or D?

:pullhair:

I had a voice call one day, and thank me for doing what I could do, and said that he can never come forward because of what they have in their pc folders

I wonder how many of those there are? You never hear the silent, especially when their silence is essential for continued extraction of money from rubes.

Every thing they do is part of the overall elaborate hypnotic fraud that is $cientology, in hopes of furthering it.

Their Corporate Structure is a fraud. To conceal it is all run by the Asthmatic Dwarf.

Now there! Re BLM vs Bundy, all you Fed guys, THERE is a place for a joint-task-force-takedown.. you bullys can go out and use all your new toys,,, while the world cheers! Think of it for the promotional value alone! and some serious potential asset forfeiture. And restitution to their victims.

And it would raise domestic employment... all those legals to hire...

And that Criminal case brought in Brussels is for fraud as a criminal enterprise under the anti-moneylaundering statutes.

For Oathkeepers recruitment drive:

If you call yourself an American, and wish to or have taken an oath to protect the US Constitution from all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC the decision you should make is the one through the least bloodshed. Now, weigh the consequence of your decision.

Do the right thing.

Arnie Lerma - a founder of The Patriot Party of Virginia
Oldest sig: "I'd prefer to die speaking my mind than to live fearing to speake."

Last edited:

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron
I had a voice call one day, and thank me for doing what I could do, and said that he can never come forward because of what they have in their pc folders

I wonder how many of those there are? You never hear the silent, especially when their silence is essential for continued extraction of money from rubes.

Every thing they do is part of the overall elaborate hypnotic fraud that is $cientology, in hopes of furthering it.

Their Corporate Structure is a fraud. To conceal it is all run by the Asthmatic Dwarf.

Now there! Re BLM vs Bundy, all you Fed guys, THERE is a place for a joint-task-force-takedown.. you bullys can go out and use all your new toys,,, while the world cheers! Think of it for the promotional value alone! and some serious potential asset forfeiture. And restitution to their victims.

And it would raise domestic employment... all those legals to hire...

And that Criminal case brought in Brussels is for fraud as a criminal enterprise under the anti-moneylaundering statutes.

For Oathkeepers recruitment drive:

If you call yourself an American, and wish to or have taken an oath to protect the US Constitution from all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC the decision you should make is the one through the least bloodshed. Now, weigh the consequence of your decision.

Do the right thing.

Arnie Lerma - a founder of The Patriot Party of Virginia
Oldest sig: "I'd prefer to die speaking my mind than to live fearing to speake."

As much of that PC folder stuff is of a sexual nature, perhaps anyone who feels vulnerable should read Perv: The Sexual Deviant in All of Us

“You are a sexual deviant. A pervert, through and through.” We may not want to admit it, but as the award-winning columnist and psychologist Jesse Bering reveals in Perv, there is a spectrum of perversion along which we all sit. Whether it’s voyeurism, exhibitionism, or your run-of-the-mill foot fetish, we all possess a suite of sexual tastes as unique as our fingerprints—and as secret as the rest of the skeletons we’ve hidden in our closets.

http://www.amazon.com/Perv-The-Sexual-Deviant-All/dp/0374230897

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
They stay in to get beautiful trophies and their photo with Little David:
original.jpg

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
They stay in to get beautiful trophies and their photo with Little David:
original.jpg
PS This is true for Bob and Trish Duggan, for other whales it could be something else. Just look at how big it makes their children look to have their photo taken next to Little David. That alone is worth the few hundred million they have donated to the Scientology organized crime syndicate.

freethinker

Sponsor
Wow, Scientology is a justification for even the public to rip people off. They already have it fixed that it is good, The Greatest Good.

PC folder stuff.

Arrogance.

Ignorance - stupidity.

Fear of losing family.

Fear of financial loss/business loss.

Lack of access to information by censorship and self censorship.

Deep disconnection/lack of empathy -the ones who do see it but only get out when it happens to them.

Being brought up in a fucked up culture or family which makes Scientology seem like the superdrive on what "everybody" would naturally do.

KissMyStats

Patron with Honors
I agree DB. And I think bottom line they are treated with kid gloves, the love bombing is nice, and giving a few million is like a regular person spending chump change on drinks for their buddies on a Friday night. The attention is intoxicating and addictive I am sure. It causes blindness though, they can't see past the adoration of the cult.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I think it's simple; they're "winning" in their own estimation. As long as they win more than they lose (again, in their own estimation), they'll keep playing.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Fear of realising what utter plonkas they've been wasting their ill-gotten gains on something that doesn't actually do what it says it does. EGO EGO EGO. I saved scientology because I could, that makes all the under paying off staff, the over pricing of products and the brutal commercial tactics seem benign. Being a cash cow turns their black hats white. Shit it was bad enough for me to realise how much time I'd wasted, and money, but peanuts compared to the princes of whales.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
As much of that PC folder stuff is of a sexual nature, perhaps anyone who feels vulnerable should read Perv: The Sexual Deviant in All of Us

“You are a sexual deviant. A pervert, through and through.” We may not want to admit it, but as the award-winning columnist and psychologist Jesse Bering reveals in Perv, there is a spectrum of perversion along which we all sit. Whether it’s voyeurism, exhibitionism, or your run-of-the-mill foot fetish, we all possess a suite of sexual tastes as unique as our fingerprints—and as secret as the rest of the skeletons we’ve hidden in our closets.

http://www.amazon.com/Perv-The-Sexual-Deviant-All/dp/0374230897

And pedophilia tends to turn a person into a slave of the ones who know....

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
What keeps the whales in?

Guilt, fear and invested heavily with money and time and have to be right.

I believe they possibly get different treatment and the "love bombing" never stops as long as there is more money to be had. Think of the dog and pony show Tom Cruise got from David Miscavige - that one is going to sting if Cruise decides to take some responsibility and get his ethics in ruthlessly!:nervous:

I have seen "million dollar donors" being treated very badly because they did not have any more money to give. That was my win - seeing how people are treated once they have nothing more to give.

Of course, they were buying "admiration" with their donations!

A fool and their money soon part!

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
One more element: the mere thought that all that time and money and effort may have been wasted....is enough to seriously spin the "OT" who by that time has a slim grasp on sanity. The Severe Reality Adjustment could push them over the edge. This is why they are SO careful to avoid the internet or "entheta".

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
Being wealthy doesn't always mean having something in common enough to interact with Hollywood celebrities, but being a wealthy Scientologist can. A wealthy Scientologist can take courses at a Celebrity Center, and attend parties and events with other celebrities, and feel they are part of something bigger (Scientology -- saving the planet) that gives them their common ground. Not only that, they feel like they've become celebrities themselves, at least within the cult.

For example, let's say Mrs. Duggan is starstruck but finds that associating with other super rich people can be boring, and dreams of being in a group where their money would have this pretend significance of saving the planet, yet allow them to associate with some Hollywood stars, people she considers to be really "important."

Let's say you want to be in therapy and can afford the best shrink in the world. That isn't going to give you opportunities to meet stars.

Or, let's say Bob Duggan starts backing Tom Cruise's new movie(s) heavily, and then the Duggans may get to meet Cruise or hobnob with him more, but that would make them feel like buying in.

Also, being rich doesn't necessarily make you a celebrity and important, but people feel that belonging to the "Celebrity Center" can do that for them. Plus, spiritually, they feel like they may have gone from fucked up or confused rich people to mankind's greatest hope, big beings.

Smaller whales feel that it will help their businesses, and for some it may do that. They like the idea of feeling special and being "celebrities" too. This is a rather unique thing to Scientology, the Celebrity Center thing -- being confirmed a "celebrity" just by having enough money to attend the Celebrity Center.

As others have mentioned, whales may have businesses that are enmeshed with other Scientologists, and dependent on them.

About the associating with celebrities alone, one might question, well, why should that keep them in Scientology -- it gets them in but why should it keep them in?

Because they know if they leave, they will not be a celebrity anymore. Instead they would have to face the embarrassment that they were rich dupes who fell for a scam, and who had let their vanity be manipulated. That's too much for them to face.

This isn't to downplay the personal dirt that may be in their auditing folders though. That could be enormous. Just the stuff whale husbands and wives may not have even told each other but is in those folders is enough to keep some of the rich couples in, when one may feel like it was time to leave.

Another problem is that wealthy people sometimes live in a bubble created by their wealth, that the lower level clams may not have. People they come into contact with outside the cult will not tell them anything straight about Scientology, ever. I don't think its as much of a bubble as Hollywood actors are in, but it's still there.

For example, certainly there's got to be one top executive at Duggan's pharmaceutical company who knows that Scientology is a farce, but he's not going to mention that to Bob, or anyone at the firm, because it would mean risking his job.