What's new

Dianetics Anniversary Shrine Event downgraded to street fair!!!

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Posted on Mike Rinder's Blog

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/may-9-event-downgraded-street-fair/

Subject: 64th Dianetics Anniversary! And its on LRH Way!!!

We are holding the 64th Dianetics Anniversary on Saturday May 17th at 7pm. And it is going to be on LRH Way!!!!

Make sure you spread the word to all your comm lines, there will be a BBQ party starting at 7pm with Dianetics cars and
motorcyles on LRH Way and you can get Dianetics Decals for your ride too! (only at the event). Activities for kids include
a Dianetics Volcano climbing wall!

And of course miracle stories and International News on the Dianetics movement all over the globe along with our annual
awards presentations for the top Dianetics booksellers and auditors from all levels of the Bridge!

This is big.... :yes:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

I hope I don't offend anyone, I don't mean to....

But a big part of this I will bet is because they can't stand working with the Union, and Shrine is Union. It was HELL to set up the event with them. You know RPF are there 24 hours a day trying to set up. They can build everything and have it ready but THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED ON STAGE, Union people ONLY. So RPF would put everything on the edge of stage in hopes that the Union crew would speed up. What ya know? They sloowwwweeeedddd down. And took longer 1 hour breaks, and ciggy breaks more often. Used to drive the Sea Org staff nuts.

Plus it is likely much cheaper to close LRH way for a day or two, have the RPF work round one, two, five clocks and get 'er done and undone afterwards. CHEAPO labor!!!! (cheapo = free)

Anonycat

Crusader
5th Invader Force!

INFLATABLE%20LASER%20TAG.jpg

pl554150-24_persons_self_controlled_ufo_amusement_parks_rides_equipment_with_12_5m_turning_diameter.jpg

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

But a big part of this I will bet is because they can't stand working with the Union, and Shrine is Union. It was HELL to set up the event with them. You know RPF are there 24 hours a day trying to set up. They can build everything and have it ready but THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED ON STAGE, Union people ONLY. So RPF would put everything on the edge of stage in hopes that the Union crew would speed up. What ya know? They sloowwwweeeedddd down. And took longer 1 hour breaks, and ciggy breaks more often. Used to drive the Sea Org staff nuts.

Plus it is likely much cheaper to close LRH way for a day or two, have the RPF work round one, two, five clocks and get 'er done and undone afterwards. CHEAPO labor!!!! (cheapo = free)

But the cult cares so much about appearances. I can understand that union venues are a real pain in the ass (actually I know that to be a fact, professionally speaking). But does the cult ever deal with that in a rational way, or do superior officers just stand there and scream "MAKE IT GO RIGHT!!!" at the poor RPF'ers?

Also, there are other venues. I can imagine with 2.5 billion adherents it should be easy to fill any one of the major stadiums in the LA area.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Yeah, but I seriously doubt the union rules had anything to do with the change. The cult has been holding events at the Shrine for over a decade, and it's not true that cult members can't work on the stage.

I.A.T.S.E. Local 33 (who's contracted with the Shrine) requires union labor (stagehands & technicians) to be in charge of the set-up activities on stage. Those working under them can be cult members.

http://www.ia33.org/?zone=/unionactive/view_article.cfm&homeID=370429

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Yeah, but I seriously doubt the union rules had anything to do with the change. The cult has been holding events at the Shrine for over a decade, and it's not true that cult members can't work on the stage.

I.A.T.S.E. Local 33 (who's contracted with the Shrine) requires union labor (stagehands & technicians) to be in charge of the set-up activities on stage. Those working under them can be cult members.

http://www.ia33.org/?zone=/unionactive/view_article.cfm&homeID=370429

Thanks Smurf! When I was on the RPF we were not allowed on stage. That was 98 to 01 or so.

OMG I remember them saying "Local 33" and I had no idea what they meant. They came up with all kinds of names to call them behind their backs. RPF and Sea Org members despised the Union Local 33!! LOL.

Adam7986

Declared SP

Much like the angry OSA trolls that pop up now and then (all the time), I remember I used to get upset at how slow regular people worked when I was in the Sea Org. Now I am one of those regular people and it's FUCKIN AWESOME not having to work 17 hours a day running around like the stupid ass rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.

Early pics of the menu and rides

1197395511_20a7868ec3_z1.jpg

arroz+com+feijao.jpg

bermuda_triangle_-_alien_encounter_b1.jpg

spectacular-rides-alien-invasion-big.jpg

Lamb

Patron with Honors
I bet that they just cannot fill Shriners anymore:no: and need a smaller, cheaper spot to give the illusion that they have millions of members...

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I know they won't let me climb the volcano, but maybe they'll let me climb Jason True. :biggrin:

drool-smiley-emoticon.gif

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Well, actually, I think this is a smart move, regardless of why they're doing it.

It was really an incredibly stupid waste of time and money to hold these events in places like the Shrine, Bonaventure Hotel and the LA Ampitheater.

As Mike Silverman once said to me: "We're supposed to be driving people into the ORGS, not spending tens of thousands of dollars to drive them into a hotel."

He was right.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
For the kids to climb the volcanoes
Do they make them wear an ''ice cube'' costume ????

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
For the kids to climb the volcanoes
Do they make them wear an ''ice cube'' costume ????

Seriously, took me a sec to spill mah cocktail :hysterical: I was already wonderin' if they made them alcohol-glycol drinks first :p

Climbing volcanoes? Good-frikken-chocolate-dipped-monkey-brainz-Aunt Jemima-Batman! WTF??? When you consider how adamant cult is about the whole OTIII thingy, and how its 'allegorical' (blah-blah) this kinda blows my mind, who the hell thought this was a cute thing for kids to do (probably all 3-4 of them, poor little things), iya, this deserves a spot in the 100 Stupid Moments thread, not because its particularly stupid, just bloody twisted.
I hope ta hell that the local Anons, Indies, locals, and ex's, take the time out to picket this event en-masse, cameras rolling, insightful and lutzy signage, ol' Rick blasting from the g-blasters etc. etc..

Imma sitting here just chuckling and shakin' mah noggin :biggrin:

Lordy.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Seriously, took me a sec to spill mah cocktail :hysterical: I was already wonderin' if they made them alcohol-glycol drinks first :p

Climbing volcanoes? Good-frikken-chocolate-dipped-monkey-brainz-Aunt Jemima-Batman! WTF??? When you consider how adamant cult is about the whole OTIII thingy, and how its 'allegorical' (blah-blah) this kinda blows my mind, who the hell thought this was a cute thing for kids to do (probably all 3-4 of them, poor little things), iya, this deserves a spot in the 100 Stupid Moments thread, not because its particularly stupid, just bloody twisted.
I hope ta hell that the local Anons, Indies, locals, and ex's, take the time out to picket this event en-masse, cameras rolling, insightful and lutzy signage, ol' Rick blasting from the g-blasters etc. etc..

Lordy.

I had exactly the same reaction when I saw the volcano climbing was gonna be a thing. I had to Word Clear Poe's Law of Singularity after I stopped laughing.

Anonycat

Crusader

It depends on the individual contract, as far as what non-union and union employees may and may not do. It is within the workers' right to ask at an event to go over the contract for the event, line by line. The union has a person there whose job it is to oversee the activities of their local union workers, and to administer the call backs and sign-in & out paperwork too. If you ever work an event, and the local union is bagging on the cult workers, there are people at the event to talk to about any problems. Everyone has to live by the rules. That's a union meme right there. "We live by the rules". That means the RPFers must abide by the contract, too. I'm sure no one explains anything to them except for the things they must grunt.

Yes, free labor is much more cost effective than hiring $40+ an hour union workers.

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Lordy.

:lol:

Here's a script:

Required materials :

One wear a DC8 pilot costume

Airplane-autopilot.jpg

plastic ice cubes

716bq9vmylL._SL1500_.jpg

an inflatable airplane sort of DC8)

costume_avion_airbulle.jpg

And create TOTALLY FROM SCRATCH AND MAGINATION a funny Sci-fi show to perform for parents and kids

OSA : Hey ??? what are you doing here ???
EXE : I have been retained for amusement purposes
OSA : Lool like an sp.... What company is it ????
EXE : I am from ''Dynamic infinty 8thDynamic entertainements'' and have been appointed to prrform a show for children here!
OSA : Okay I see
EXE : Sir, I've been confirmed, the volcano would be already installed on site ?????
OSA : Hummm Dynamic Infinity 8th dynamic'' ???? Let's see .. Yeah looks fine.
yeah sure the volcano has been set up right there- come on!
EXE : One thing Sir - Would you have a staff member available when I need help to capture my plastic ice cubes after the show
(I'll throw them into the Vocano )
OSA : Sure, no problem sir just let me know !​

I now the ice cubes are not dropped into the volcanoes - but that's my creative approach I am entitled
We can make fiction form true stories ;)
:blush:

Last edited: