What's new

trepidatious

TKN

I've spent some time transcribing this thread - it really should be around in a document for posterity. I've tried scribd, but apparently you need to enter a credit card to have a free trial, and I don't want to do that. So here's a mediafire version.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/5itq92e61lec8i3/cowboy_threads.pdf

Anyone with a scribd or other account - can you please mirror this? I'm not sure if this will stay up after I abandon that account. I can also email it to someone if you would like to PM me.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've spent some time transcribing this thread - it really should be around in a document for posterity. I've tried scribd, but apparently you need to enter a credit card to have a free trial, and I don't want to do that. So here's a mediafire version.

Anyone with a scribd or other account - can you please mirror this? I'm not sure if this will stay up after I abandon that account. I can also email it to someone if you would like to PM me.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::clap::clap::clap::yes::yes::yes:

Leland

Crusader

thanks I downloaded the PDF file.

TKN

Yay! Glad to see it worked! Please do post it up somewhere else, I don't know how long unused medifire accounts stay around and this thread was so very historical and meaningful and epic. This took about two days - I tried to work on how to keep questions together and had to look up some references or acronyms/abbreviations.

'Face, if I ever get around 6 months with nothing to do and hyperfocus, you're next! Unless you get a professional editor and turn your postings into a book, which actually would be so very awesome!

I sincerely hope this is okay with cowboy. I've got the original and am willing to make changes or footnotes if he would like anything clarified.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yay! Glad to see it worked! Please do post it up somewhere else, I don't know how long unused medifire accounts stay around and this thread was so very historical and meaningful and epic. This took about two days - I tried to work on how to keep questions together and had to look up some references or acronyms/abbreviations.

'Face, if I ever get around 6 months with nothing to do and hyperfocus, you're next! Unless you get a professional editor and turn your postings into a book, which actually would be so very awesome!

I sincerely hope this is okay with cowboy. I've got the original and am willing to make changes or footnotes if he would like anything clarified.

Oh my. :ohmy: Never thought about turning my stuff into a book.:melodramatic: Thanks a whole bunch. :) You're very kind but don't sweat it. :no: Cowboy's stuff, IMHO, is Gold Standard and Pure Essence of all of "It". :yes:

I'm surer than sure that this is A OK with Cowboy and much appreciated. I'll send Cowboy the Link and he'll let you know if he wants to futz with it. :coolwink:

Face:)

Free Being Me

Crusader

Oh my. :ohmy: Never thought about turning my stuff into a book.:melodramatic: Thanks a whole bunch. :) You're very kind but don't sweat it. :no: Cowboy's stuff, IMHO, is Gold Standard and Pure Essence of all of "It". :yes:

I'm surer than sure that this is A OK with Cowboy and much appreciated. I'll send Cowboy the Link and he'll let you know if he wants to futz with it. :coolwink:

:party::grouphug::cheers:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
:bump2: :thumbsup::clap:

IMHO, this Thread is the number one ESMB Thread that every Member and Lurker should, must read. :yes:

Cowboy's Posts are the Gold Standard for accurate, high value and brilliant first-hand insight into the real El Ron. :coolwink:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/friday-regraded-being-82/#comment-163206

Having trouble staying online here.
But this is the most detailed explanation of el con's death that I have ever seen

Excerpt;
nomnom says
February 3, 2017 at 7:18 pm

Here are excerpts from an email exchange with Sarge and a friend (posted with permission):

Recollections from Steve ‘Sarge’ Pfauth who helped take care of and was present when LRH died,

“I know that Gene Denk left during Xmas and New Years (Dec 1985-Jan 1986) to be with his wife in Lake Tahoe. He returned in early Jan.
Ray Mithoff, who was Senior C/S Int, was brought in by Pat about a week before LRH’s passing to run a death assist process on LRH. LRH had had a stroke and wanted to die.
Pat came back to the Creston ranch from Int a day before LRH left (died). Pat brought another last will for LRH to sign.
I went in the Bluebird motorhome as a witness to the signing. LRH was in his nightgown and was pacing up and down complaining that his head hurt and to please get this over with. He sat down and signed the will and I witnessed it along with I think Annie.
The next night Annie, Gene and I waited in the stables apartment drinking coffee and waiting to hear that he is gone. Pat and Ray were in the bluebird. About 3 or 4 am Pat came in and said ‘He is
........"

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Thanks. First time I've seen it. That will, though. [STRIKE]Two[/STRIKE] three things look wrong here:

LRH was in his nightgown and was pacing up and down complaining that his head hurt and to please get this over with. He sat down and signed the will and I witnessed it along with I think Annie.

He could get up but was very shakey and his hands were shaking when he signed the will.

He signed a will without reading it? Who wrote up the new will in the first place? Did Hubbard have any input as to what was in it? Was he in a fit mental state anyway?

From memory the signature on it looks like a typical Hubbard signature, not shaky at all.

Sarge (author of the above) is now (in)conveniently dead. Too many unanswered questions here.

EDIT: I looked online for an image of the will signatures, but couldn't find one. But a text version had four (supposed) witnesses: Sarge, Pat Broeker, Annie Broeker, Ray Mithoff. And Sarge didn't remember this? I would have thought such a momentous event as FORMALLY WITNESSING L. RON HUBBARD SIGNING HIS WILL JUST BEFORE HIS IMMINENT DEATH would be seared into his memory.

Paul

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, it was in there that Pat came back from INT the day before LRH was going to ( start the OT version of SuperPower ).

So I will leave this question for Pat.

Who did you meet and what transpired during that cycle at INT? Who were the lawyers who drafted that will? Who actually signed LRH on the will? Please respond to uhmmm maybe Leah Remini!

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Thanks. First time I've seen it. That will, though. [STRIKE]Two[/STRIKE] three things look wrong here:

LRH was in his nightgown and was pacing up and down complaining that his head hurt and to please get this over with. He sat down and signed the will and I witnessed it along with I think Annie.

He could get up but was very shakey and his hands were shaking when he signed the will.

He signed a will without reading it? Who wrote up the new will in the first place? Did Hubbard have any input as to what was in it? Was he in a fit mental state anyway?

From memory the signature on it looks like a typical Hubbard signature, not shaky at all.

Sarge (author of the above) is now (in)conveniently dead. Too many unanswered questions here.

EDIT: I looked online for an image of the will signatures, but couldn't find one. But a text version had four (supposed) witnesses: Sarge, Pat Broeker, Annie Broeker, Ray Mithoff. And Sarge didn't remember this? I would have thought such a momentous event as FORMALLY WITNESSING L. RON HUBBARD SIGNING HIS WILL JUST BEFORE HIS IMMINENT DEATH would be seared into his memory.

Paul

Didn't Jesse Prince say something about David Miscavige bragging to him that he could forge LRH's signature perfectly?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Didn't Jesse Prince say something about David Miscavige bragging to him that he could forge LRH's signature perfectly?

On which copy? Let's see now, who is probably still alive from that scene? Ray Mitoff, Pat Broker?

I think if they spoke out now thousands of ex scientologist would be very thankful, to say nothing of the number of existing scientologist who would have a much better chance of not wasting the rest of their life's in a prison of delusion, suffering and fear

The opportunity has never been so ripe or safe to do so.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Sounds familiar. But honestly, it's pretty easy to forge anyone's signature if you spend the time practising. Usually it's not worth the effort -- I mean, would you waste an hour or two practising forging someone's signature?

I don't think I've ever tried hard to do that, since there's really no non-criminal use for such an ability. But a few years ago I wanted to write "Best wishes for the future <name>" (or something similar) in Chinese characters inside a book, a gift to a Chinese woman. I wanted it to look natural, so spent literally about three hours practising the pen strokes so I could do it from memory rather than simply copying it badly.

Paul

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
S But a few years ago I wanted to write "Best wishes for the future <name>" (or something similar) in Chinese characters inside a book, a gift to a Chinese woman. I wanted it to look natural, so spent literally about three hours practising the pen strokes so I could do it from memory rather than simply copying it badly.

Paul

So there was 'romance' involved?
:biggrin:

#1Son

Re: Scientology Works!

Example of a Scientology "Win".

Person does Grade I and attains the ability to spot the source of problems and make them vanish.

SUCCESS STORY
Wow! This morning I became a Problems Release and already
this afternoon I had a huge theta win by applying my new ability
and blew a problem I had for the longest time. My eternal
gratitude to Ron. I know I will never have problems again.

It sounds great, right?

What if the person had a big brown spot on their lawn. And all their neighbors had lush green grass and no brown spot which really bothered them.

So, after Grade I they decided to test out their new abilities.

Then they tried to "spot the source of the problem" and noticed that their water sprinkler was not hitting the brown spot, so they moved it. And in a few weeks the brown spot "blew" and green grass started growing--a huge win!

This would be proof that Scientology Works, right?

I am still trying to figure out how all the wog neighbors had the Grade I ability attained without ever getting auditing.

Awesome. Simply awesome. I used to teach a lesson in Sunday school class (long after recovery from SCN) about a "dirt cookie". For grown ups we'd call it a "$4!t" cookie. The SCN cult phenomenon is that there is just enough truth to make you doubt the dirt you perceive as you get further in to it. You assume that if they share a truth you know is true then the odd off truth they tell you must also be true. But this is flawed. The parts of SCN that work are just modified psychology. Hubbard didn't hate psychology or psychiatry because someone wanted to commit him, it was because of the competition. Ha!

guanoloco

As-Wased
Re: Scientology Works!

Awesome. Simply awesome. I used to teach a lesson in Sunday school class (long after recovery from SCN) about a "dirt cookie". For grown ups we'd call it a "$4!t" cookie. The SCN cult phenomenon is that there is just enough truth to make you doubt the dirt you perceive as you get further in to it. You assume that if they share a truth you know is true then the odd off truth they tell you must also be true. But this is flawed. The parts of SCN that work are just modified psychology. Hubbard didn't hate psychology or psychiatry because someone wanted to commit him, it was because of the competition. Ha!

This is sooo true. The number one hook and caveat that kept me in long past the time of leaving was "Scientology Works".

One gets in, has a win or a ruin handled or sees something work and then it's true for them that the stuff works. And it does work. From there...it's not a massive leap of logic of "100% workability", "100% standard tech", "something can be done about it" and "the wrong thing to do is nothing".

That's the problem.

When one hits the wall that some of it works but lots of it doesn't it gets shrugged off as misapplication or unhatedness, etc., when actually it doesn't work.

There's that and although it's not exactly what was said it fits.

Then there's the "hide in plain sight" stuff that Ron did...and that's where he openly talks about ripping people off, making them slaves, controlling their minds, using Scientology destructively and when this is done it actually builds trust and lowers one's guard. After all, if Ron exposed these crooked methods of manipulation there's no way he would engage these practices, right? Ron's going to protect us!