What's new

The Majesty of Calmness

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
My error. I thought I was posting something thoughtful and nice for people that are interested.

Nothing wrong with that Uncult. :no:

Under the board rules though it does say:

Link to long pieces of text where possible
Instead of copying and pasting long pieces of text, snip the bit you want and link to the rest. Experience shows that the longer your post is the less likely it will be read anyway. Of course if your post (your own words) is quite long because you are telling your personal story, that is different. Personal stories will be always be read no matter how long they are because people are interested

Also, your thread was inserted into a forum for "Scientology Discussion Topics" when it's really not one.

So, those two things can make something come across as spammy even had that not been ones intention.

Last edited:

Lone Star

Crusader

Also, your thread was inserted into a forum for "Scientology Discussion Topics" when it's really not one.

So, those two things can make something come across as spammy even had that not been ones intention.

I agree. Uncult, don't worry about those nattering nabobs of negativity who piled on you for your post. I know you meant well. You're new and just didn't know to post in the manner Type4 pointed out above.

And you nabobs....have a drink or something. LOL....

Uncult isn't trying to "sell" anything.

Uncult

Patron
If you're assigning homework, you should at least pay people. Also, this is not a place to push your wares.

I not pushing any wares. I posted a short book in the public domain about calmness with the audio book version also if reading isn't a first choice. No requirements, no pressure, no preaching, the sky isn't falling.

There are other threads started here in this section that aren't strictly about Scientology. Perhaps posting in full wasn't the best idea but I meant no harm.

I agree. Uncult, don't worry about those nattering nabobs of negativity who piled on you for your post. I know you meant well. You're new and just didn't know to post in the manner Type4 pointed out above.

And you nabobs....have a drink or something. LOL....

Uncult isn't trying to "sell" anything.

What are my crimes, right? Do something nice that has nothing to do with Scientology and people go to pieces. I'll go back to lurking quietly.

gbuck

oxymoron
I not pushing any wares. I posted a short book in the public domain about calmness with the audio book version also if reading isn't a first choice. No requirements, no pressure, no preaching, the sky isn't falling.

There are other threads started here in this section that aren't strictly about Scientology. Perhaps posting in full wasn't the best idea but I meant no harm.

What are my crimes, right? Do something nice that has nothing to do with Scientology and people go to pieces. I'll go back to lurking quietly.

it's very similar to scientology......enticing you in..........with promises of a better existence, with comforting wordage. Do you listen to it by the way?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

In the past some individuals HAVE intentionally spammed certain sub-forums here on ESMB and I apologize for misinterpreting your OP. I clearly do get that you meant no harm.

No need for you to go back into lurk mode though. This party is just getting started and your presence is definitely appreciated. :yes:

Uncult

Patron
it's very similar to scientology......enticing you in..........with promises of a better existence, with comforting wordage. Do you listen to it by the way?

I don't know where you're getting that impression from. I didn't read anything like that at all. I've never heard of William George Jordan until I found this public domain book site. I read his short book and although it's very dated, I found the concept of calm from his philosophical treatise on morality insightful and valuable especially in today's hectic world.

There are several books available there for free linked in the op. The philosophical section has some great authors. Plato, Kant, Socrates, Confucius, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Aristotle, to name a few. I'm not affiliated with the site and I thought for those who like to read or listen to audiobooks for free might find it interesting.

In the past some individuals HAVE intentionally spammed certain sub-forums here on ESMB and I apologize for misinterpreting your OP. I clearly do get that you meant no harm.

No need for you to go back into lurk mode though. This party is just getting started and your presence is definitely appreciated. :yes:

No, I'm not here to spam or cause trouble and thanks for your tolerance. Sayonara.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Don't you dare go back to lurking ... quietly!

You're here now and are already through your personal "wall of fire" (we all have to go through it and you did it in record time, I'm impressed).

Seriously, stay ... once you get over the initial shock of people saying what they really mean (lol) you'll love it here and will fit right in.

:)

PTS

Elliott
Thank you to the OP. That only took a few minutes to read and was quite enjoyable. If you can attain that state of calm without striving for it, well you are way ahead of me. :coolwink:

This has always served me well, particularly in my post-cult life. And it was on the radio once upon a time too. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;3bUTcy6w2Rw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bUTcy6w2Rw[/video]

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
From my experience in the cult I have an aversion to walls of words. Hubbard wrote so many words, he couldn't stop writing them, they put me off. It might do someone good to write down their ideas as they pour out of them, it doesn't help the poor people that try and read them. The inspiration to write is wonderful and though I respect someone having ideas I do not have the patience to try and sort those ideas in my own head. The writing is a mess of ideas not in any order and not fully formed. I like concise ideas, a bite sized nugget rather than a whole grilled T Rex.

In the West life is too frantic, we need to learn to be calm, enjoy stillness and quiet, try a little meditation maybe.

gbuck

oxymoron
I don't know where you're getting that impression from. I didn't read anything like that at all. I've never heard of William George Jordan until I found this public domain book site. I read his short book and although it's very dated, I found the concept of calm from his philosophical treatise on morality insightful and valuable especially in today's hectic world.

There are several books available there for free linked in the op. The philosophical section has some great authors. Plato, Kant, Socrates, Confucius, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Aristotle, to name a few. I'm not affiliated with the site and I thought for those who like to read or listen to audiobooks for free might find it interesting.

No, I'm not here to spam or cause trouble and thanks for your tolerance. Sayonara.

hi Uncult, I just came across your reply, sorry for not responding before. As the words in scientology got me into a right pickle I am wary of the little bastards. If I find myself dozing even a little bit when reading them I stop reading.

For me it's an observation of the hypnotic power that can be behind the words. If I'm feeling sleepy or trancy I stop, I leave them alone and move on. I am also wary about spiritual salesmen with promises and enticements.

I don't believe that you can look for calmness. It is not in a particular location to be searched out. Calmness isn't goal to be achieved.

The concept of calm is not calm. It's a nice idea. Ideas are not the condition of calmness. They are calming ideas [ for calming read hypnotic]

The idea of calm gets me....not calm. That's my response, don't trust the words :no: they are not always friends.

Uncult

Patron
hi Uncult, I just came across your reply, sorry for not responding before. As the words in scientology got me into a right pickle I am wary of the little bastards. If I find myself dozing even a little bit when reading them I stop reading.

For me it's an observation of the hypnotic power that can be behind the words. If I'm feeling sleepy or trancy I stop, I leave them alone and move on. I am also wary about spiritual salesmen with promises and enticements.

I don't believe that you can look for calmness. It is not in a particular location to be searched out. Calmness isn't goal to be achieved.

The concept of calm is not calm. It's a nice idea. Ideas are not the condition of calmness. They are calming ideas [ for calming read hypnotic]

The idea of calm gets me....not calm. That's my response, don't trust the words :no: they are not always friends.

Have you tried meditation or emotional grounding? Google is your friend. Both offer non-hypnotic methods for getting in touch with and alleviating agitation, anxiety and inner angst. Maybe you are still working your way out of Scientology? I understand if you see sinister ulterior motives behind everything. Cults have a way of destroying trust. The book I posted has nothing to do with cults, belief systems, religions, promises, and I am not selling anything. It is just a short book about the morality of calmness. A good read if you feel like it.

Uncult

Patron

Don't you dare go back to lurking ... quietly!

You're here now and are already through your personal "wall of fire" (we all have to go through it and you did it in record time, I'm impressed).

Seriously, stay ... once you get over the initial shock of people saying what they really mean (lol) you'll love it here and will fit right in.

:)

No thank you. After the rude snide shallow ignorant comments I have received here from the people who posted on this thread I see no point in being a member of this so called community.

7085f17bf02c7ccf6fcd03b6f0901f68.jpg