What's new

Yvonne Gillham Jentzsch's life story

apple

Patron Meritorious
I paid for and attended a weekend seminar that Yvonne Gillham gave at Vancouver Org Academy ca 1976-7. Yvonne was charismatic, beautiful and an exceptionally good LRH PR. Everyone at the org seemed to gravitate toward her and shower her with love, admiration, respect, etc.

The first day was for newbs, some sort of introductory lecture. The second day she took us down our whole track as given by Hubbard's "Individual Track Map." (Dianetics and Scientology Technical Volume 1, 1976 ed., pp. 232-8.)

Yvonne required that attendees take Vitamin B1 before attending Day Two of the seminar, which no doubt acted like a hypnotic suggestion. Her "R-factor" was that these precautions were needed because she would be talking about these factual, but very restimulative, events in our distant past. She expressed Tone 40 certainty that Hubbard had plotted our literal ancient past with these track maps. I remember her talking about The Piltdown Man, Arslycus, The Grim Weeper, and many of Hubbard's standard implants from History of Man.

Oy. Now I just feel sorry for her and for the people who are still apparently hypnotized by her.

I do not recall that event. Either my memory is failing me or I was not there. How many people attended that event?

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
I do not recall that event. Either my memory is failing me or I was not there. How many people attended that event?

I'm overrun on "Recall an apple" and don't know how to test your memory. :wink2:

The academy (Main and 33rd) was full during both days.

apple

Patron Meritorious
I'm overrun on "Recall an apple" and don't know how to test your memory. :wink2:

The academy (Main and 33rd) was full during both days.
:eyeroll: didnt mean to use the word recall in a Scientology way but I get it. I guess I wasnt there when the event happened.

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
:eyeroll: didnt mean to use the word recall in a Scientology way but I get it. I guess I wasnt there when the event happened.

(Please excuse my lame techie joke.)

Yvonne's seminar was actually quite significant for me, even later on as I continued my "upper" level auditing and training. I'd remember those ridiculous track maps and the built-in implication that the "memories" dredged up in auditing could be similarly plotted, using the same standard maps.

In truth, the maps led to years of quandaries, mental fog and psychic bondage.

Gib

Crusader
(Please excuse my lame techie joke.)

Yvonne's seminar was actually quite significant for me, even later on as I continued my "upper" level auditing and training. I'd remember those ridiculous track maps and the built-in implication that the "memories" dredged up in auditing could be similarly plotted, using the same standard maps.

In truth, the maps led to years of quandaries, mental fog and psychic bondage

and the biggest quandary of all...............

in Dianetics one could be cleared in but at most a few hundred hours.

hellavahoax.

I paid for and attended a weekend seminar that Yvonne Gillham gave at Vancouver Org Academy ca 1976-7. Yvonne was charismatic, beautiful and an exceptionally good LRH PR. Everyone at the org seemed to gravitate toward her and shower her with love, admiration, respect, etc.

The first day was for newbs, some sort of introductory lecture. The second day she took us down our whole track as given by Hubbard's "Individual Track Map." (Dianetics and Scientology Technical Volume 1, 1976 ed., pp. 232-8.)

Yvonne required that attendees take Vitamin B1 before attending Day Two of the seminar, which no doubt acted like a hypnotic suggestion. Her "R-factor" was that these precautions were needed because she would be talking about these factual, but very restimulative, events in our distant past. She expressed Tone 40 certainty that Hubbard had plotted our literal ancient past with these track maps. I remember her talking about The Piltdown Man, Arslycus, The Grim Weeper, and many of Hubbard's standard implants from History of Man.

Oy. Now I just feel sorry for her and for the people who are still apparently hypnotized by her.

Charisma can be a dangerous thing. It's like a drug IMO.
EDIT. I guess charisma itself is neither good nor bad and there were charismatic people in scientology who had good intentions but were "in the bubble". But charisma is so feel-good, that when a critical eye is needed, it will most likely be censored or self censored.

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
Charisma can be a dangerous thing. It's like a drug IMO.
EDIT. I guess charisma itself is neither good nor bad and there were charismatic people in scientology who had good intentions but were "in the bubble". But charisma is so feel-good, that when a critical eye is needed, it will most likely be censored or self censored.

I agree with you, DB, regarding charisma itself being neutral. Hubbard required mocked-up charisma, particularly in outward-facing Scientologists such as OSA PRs and top execs, which I think does affect those critical skills, as you mentioned. Hubbard used the word in a Flag Order title, FO 3349 “Sea Org Publicity and Promotion Charisma” 1 July 1973. I don't have this FO, however. Maybe someone can post it.

I found this site interesting, and will include the author's warning:

The Character of Charisma said:
The dark side
Charisma may not be a good thing. Just being good at mobilizing your followers says nothing about your goals. "Hitler is a good example of the dark side" of charisma, says Jerry Wofford. "If a person's values are destructive, insane, then the more charismatic the leader, the worse off you are."

Retrieved from http://whyfiles.org/205charisma/index.html

I don't know whether Yvonne was naturally charismatic. Certainly Hubbard used her for his very dark purposes.

Dr. Martha Stout said:
And charm—though the link may seem counterintuitive—is a primary characteristic of sociopathy. The intense charm of people who have no conscience, a kind of inexplicable charisma, has been observed and commented on by countless victims, and by researchers who attempt to catalog the diagnostic signs of sociopathy. It is a potent characteristic. Most of the victims I have known in my work have reported that their initial involvement with a sociopathic person, and their continued association even though she or he caused them pain, was a direct result of how charming she or he could be. Countless times, I have watched people shake their heads and make statements such as, "He was the most charming person I ever met," or "I felt like I'd known her forever," or "He had an energy about him that other people just don't have."

I liken sociopathic charm to the animal charisma of other mammals who are predators. We watch the large cats, for example, and are fascinated with their movements, their independence, and their, power. But the direct gaze of a leopard, should one happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, is inescapable and tetanizing; and the fascinating charm of the predator is often the last thing the prey ever experiences. (I speak of noble leopards, but I have heard abused and enraged victims use metaphors that were decidedly reptilian.)

Enhancing the animal charisma of sociopaths, there is our own mild affinity for danger. Conventional wisdom has it that dangerous people are attractive, and when we are drawn to sociopaths, we tend to prove out this cliche. Sociopaths are dangerous in many ways. One of the most conspicuous is their preference for risky situations and choices, and their ability to convince others to take risks along with them.

Stout, M. (2005). The sociopath next door : the ruthless versus the rest of us. New York: Broadway Books.

Dr. Robert Hare said:
Psychopaths often come across as arrogant, shameless braggarts—self-assured, opinionated, domineering, and cocky. They love to have power and control over others and seem unable to believe that other people have valid opinions different from theirs. They appear charismatic or "electrifying" to some people. Psychopaths are seldom embarrassed about their legal, financial, or personal problems. Rather, they see them as temporary setbacks, the results of bad luck, unfaithful friends, or an unfair and incompetent system.

[…]

As I discussed earlier, although psychopaths may talk a lot they are not necessarily skilled wordsmiths. It is primarily the "show," not eloquent use of language, that attracts our attention and cons us. Good looks, a touch of charisma, a flood of words, contrived distractions, a knack for knowing which buttons to press—all these can go a long way toward obscuring the fact that the psychopathic presentation is nothing more than a "line."

Hare, R. D., Ph.D. (1993). Without Conscience. New York, NY: Guilford Press.

I just added a new picture to Yvonne's bio - http://scientolipedia.org/info/Yvonne_Gillham_Jentzsch. The picture shows Peter and Yvonne as they left on their honeymoon to the Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast of Queensland.

Little by little new material is filtering in. I hope one day to get a video with Yvonne in it.

Thanks;

Howard DIckman

While you're over there at that linked site, browse a bit............read success stories....

“On a technical note, I am awed by the majestic generous genius of LRH. “If I’m not auditing, I’m reading or listening to tapes everyday and getting case gain in that way. “My CS and supervisor, Randy, seeing me through this, independently is monumental as a being, in doing this for another. His grasp and guidance of the tech is superior, effortless, graceful and compassionate.

“This has been a team effort, a long and winding road, not for the meek, that’s for sure.

“I would encourage all to summon up the courage and................."

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
Yesterday one of Yvonne's close friends passed away. His name is Pat Gualtieri. Mike Rinder posted this message from Janis Gillham-Grady - http://www.mikerindersblog.org/in-memoriam-patrick-gualtieri/

During my research for Yvonne's bio, Pat and I exchanged several e-mails. In one he told an anecdote about something special that Yvonne did just for him. I wasn't able to incorporate his story into Yvonne's bio. But, today, I felt that his very personal experience with Yvonne would best fit in Yvonne's "Remembrance" page here - http://scientolipedia.org/info/Remembrances_of_Yvonne#Personal_Rememberances

I placed his remembrance at the very top of the stories.

Pat had invited me to visit him if I was ever in NYC. I am so sorry that I never had the chance to meet this wonderful man in person. He has done so much for our U.S. veterans.

RIP Pat.

Howard Dickman

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
Due to reasons that will remain private, my co-author to Yvonne Gillham Jentzsch's bio has, until now, chosen to remain anonymous.

I am pleased that I am now able to acknowledge the person who actually co-authored Yvonne's bio.

It is my esteemed pleasure to announce that Janis Gillham Grady was my co-author for Yvonne's bio. Without her help the bio would not even be half as good as it is now.

I added Janis' name to Yvonne's bio here - http://scientolipedia.org/info/Yvonne_Gillham_Jentzsch

Thank you Janis for letting me into your family and for helping get the truth out about your mum.

Howard Dickman

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Due to reasons that will remain private, my co-author to Yvonne Gillham Jentzsch's bio has, until now, chosen to remain anonymous.

I am pleased that I am now able to acknowledge the person who actually co-authored Yvonne's bio.

It is my esteemed pleasure to announce that Janis Gillham Grady was my co-author for Yvonne's bio. Without her help the bio would not even be half as good as it is now.

I added Janis' name to Yvonne's bio here - http://scientolipedia.org/info/Yvonne_Gillham_Jentzsch

Thank you Janis for letting me into your family and for helping get the truth out about your mum.

Howard Dickman

Howard and Janis,

Your collaborative Bio was a well deserved, long overdue loving tribute and a fascinating read. :clap::clap::clap:

From someone that personally knew and off and on interacted with Yvonne from the mid '60's until her passing, I can't thank you...especially Janis...enough for taking the time, care and effort to lay down these essential tiles to the mosaic of Scn History. :yes::thumbsup:

If I was allowed only three words to describe Yvonne they would be: Grace...Heart...Love and, if I was allowed three more words they would be: Style...Fortitude...Compassion. :heartflower:

Face:)

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Someone whom I'd trust with my life told me that the main reason Yvonne came to Hollywood to set up CC was to get away from the incessant being hit on by lrh.

Yvonne had had enough of his unwanted advances.

I knew her but would have never asked her asked her about that.

Fits. Sounds like he molested his oldest daughter, Dianne.

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
Some new information has come up about Yvonne which I have been trying to find corroborating evidence of before adding to her bio. This is what I have been given -

"She was in dress whites and brought a giant photo of the Apollo and Carson interviewed her about its humanitarian issue. [FONT=arial, helvetica]Around 1967 or 1968."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica]This is referring to the Johnny Carson show.

If anyone can help me locate that segment I would really appreciate it.

Thanks;

Howard Dickman
[/FONT]

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Some new information has come up about Yvonne which I have been trying to find corroborating evidence of before adding to her bio. This is what I have been given -

"She was in dress whites and brought a giant photo of the Apollo and Carson interviewed her about its humanitarian issue. [FONT=arial, helvetica]Around 1967 or 1968."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica]This is referring to the Johnny Carson show.

If anyone can help me locate that segment I would really appreciate it.

Thanks;

Howard Dickman
[/FONT]

Have you tried to contact the producer of Johnnnnnny's shows of that era?

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yesterday one of Yvonne's close friends passed away. His name is Pat Gualtieri. Mike Rinder posted this message from Janis Gillham-Grady - http://www.mikerindersblog.org/in-memoriam-patrick-gualtieri/

During my research for Yvonne's bio, Pat and I exchanged several e-mails. In one he told an anecdote about something special that Yvonne did just for him. I wasn't able to incorporate his story into Yvonne's bio. But, today, I felt that his very personal experience with Yvonne would best fit in Yvonne's "Remembrance" page here - http://scientolipedia.org/info/Remembrances_of_Yvonne#Personal_Rememberances

I placed his remembrance at the very top of the stories.

Pat had invited me to visit him if I was ever in NYC. I am so sorry that I never had the chance to meet this wonderful man in person. He has done so much for our U.S. veterans.

RIP Pat.

Howard Dickman

DAMN!!! How did I miss this Post!?

My Heart is heavy and sad.

Pat Gualtieri was one of the VERY FINEST human beings I knew in Scn, the SO and have ever known.

Some of my fondest memories of the SO were shared with and made by Pat. One of the fondest memories of my life was the night I was the dinner guest at his parents home in Brooklyn. The homemade Italian food was intoxicating, the repartee around the table between Pat, his Parents, brother Joe and family and Grandmother (who well understood but spoke very little English and kept filling my plate whenever it reached half-full) was better than anything ever portrayed in Films and the Graciousness, unaffectedly Warm and accepting Ambiance of this 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation Italian immigrant family was Magical and "Essence of Life"...The 2 Cannolis I ate for dessert were--to this day--the best I've ever tasted.

Pat was truly "One in a Million".

May The Grace Of This Universe Be With You Pat...Always In All Ways.

Pat had a beautiful natural Italian Tenor voice.

For you, my friend...

Face:):bigcry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20l6rQ5tNmA

Last edited:

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Posted today on wwp:

[FONT=&amp]Janis Gillham-Grady
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]New
I don't know where some of this information is coming from so I will correct it. I am Yvonne's youngest daughter. While being a slave for LRH I had no idea my mother was dying. I was told she had not been feeling well and went to Flag for auditing. I was NOT with her when she passed as my brother and I were kept in the dark. My sister being stationed in LA at the time, received an anonymous phone call that Yvonne was not well and that no one was going to tell her. She went to see her, found her alone in a room delirious and immediately called for an ambulance. She was with her when she passed as was Heber her husband at the time that neglected her well being and my father (Peter Gillham) who had been divorced from her for nearly 8 years - he had returned from Australia and heard she was ill and immediately went to Clearwater to try and help but it was too late.

Janis Gillham-Grady, Today at 4:46 PM

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/commander-yvonne-jentzsch.107033/#post-2609194

[/FONT]

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Posted today on wwp:

[FONT=&amp]Janis Gillham-Grady
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]New
I don't know where some of this information is coming from so I will correct it. I am Yvonne's youngest daughter. While being a slave for LRH I had no idea my mother was dying. I was told she had not been feeling well and went to Flag for auditing. I was NOT with her when she passed as my brother and I were kept in the dark. My sister being stationed in LA at the time, received an anonymous phone call that Yvonne was not well and that no one was going to tell her. She went to see her, found her alone in a room delirious and immediately called for an ambulance. She was with her when she passed as was Heber her husband at the time that neglected her well being and my father (Peter Gillham) who had been divorced from her for nearly 8 years - he had returned from Australia and heard she was ill and immediately went to Clearwater to try and help but it was too late.

Janis Gillham-Grady, Today at 4:46 PM

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/commander-yvonne-jentzsch.107033/#post-2609194

[/FONT]

I am so sorry for you Janis. To lose you mother and to lose her in this way is so just compounded tragedy. :bigcry::rose::bighug:

" She was with her when she passed as was Heber her husband at the time that neglected her well being ...."

If I understand this correctly we have again Heber connected/involved in activity resulting in death of his own family. Not only Yvonne, who I met only for a few seconds back in 1974 but also Alexander, Heber and Karen's Son.

My heart is heavy and tears roll as I look at this and the man, the very very cruel man, L Con Hubbard and his role through his false promises and outright lies, in precipitating death. :ohmy: