What's new

Twenty Years Ago Today: Scientology vs. the Internet- 12/24/2014

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Former scientologist Deirdre Saoirse Moen has written an very informative historical article along with a fact which may also help straighten out some misinformation regarding when the story of Xenu first appeared on the internet. It's short, sweet and to the point! :thumbsup:

Twenty Years Ago Today: Scientology vs. the Internet
December 24, 2014 by Deirdre

Twenty years ago today, the battle of Scientology vs. the Internet leveled up with the anonymous posting of secret Scientology scriptures to the newsgroup alt.religion.scientology.
http://deirdre.net/twenty-years-ago-today-scientology-vs-the-internet/

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Kaufman is on Lermanet.com http://www.lermanet.com/persecution/kaufman.html and has been for 20 years.
So is Leiby’s article from the CW Sun http://www.lermanet.com/leiby.htm

The first postings of the OT levels 1-8 including OTIII were anonymous at the time, by an ex member Joe Harrington. On his death bed he admitted “I am scamizdat!” < the name of the anon poster. He also admitted being the one that mailed me the Fishman document. Which I was raided and sued for in Aug 1995 – ending up on over 200 websites including CMU, and the National University in China.

Federal Judge Brinkema RTC vs Lerma:
"The dispute in this case surrounds Lerma's acquisition and publication on the Internet of texts that the Church of Scientology considers sacred and protects heavily from unauthorized disclosure. Founded by L. Ron Hubbard, the Scientology religion attempts to explain the origin of negative spiritual forces in the world and advances techniques for improving one's own spiritual well-being. Scientologists believe that most human problems can be traced to lingering spirits of an extraterrestrial people massacred by their ruler, Xenu, over 75 million years ago. These spirits attach themselves by "clusters" to individuals in the contemporary world, causing spiritual harm and negatively influencing the lives of their hosts "

…. "The Court earlier dismissed the trade secrets count as to all defendants and the copyright infringement count as to the Washington Post and its reporters. RTC voluntarily dismissed its claims against Digital Gateway systems, Therefore, the only issue remaining in the case is RTC's: .. (3) copyright infringement claim against defendant Lerma"

Towards the end of RTC vs Lerma, $cientology dropped ALL CLAIMS for the materials I posted, and instead moved for a summary judgement, based on a .LOG file of me reading Dennis Erlich's posts on ARS, which were NOTs and NEDS he was sued for posting.

Regards

Arnie Lerma
Lermanet.com Exposing the CON since 1993

Added:
www.lermanet.com/exit/joeharrington.htm (See last line of that page contains admission)

It was the first time that Xenu was confirmed as the real deal in a Federal Court, previous to this they would say it was a forgery...

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
And if this historical posting is dated December 24th, perhaps it would have been more informative to be dated the next day, December 25th, Christmas Day...
with the Washington Post article...

And December 1995 WIRED magazine had great cover story summarizing what went on - this was the center page spread:

This article has a few of the multitude of media hits about Xenu propagating at that time

NY Newsday

Gib

Crusader
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Kaufman is on Lermanet.com http://www.lermanet.com/persecution/kaufman.html and has been for 20 years.
So is Leiby’s article from the CW Sun http://www.lermanet.com/leiby.htm

The first postings of the OT levels 1-8 including OTIII were anonymous at the time, by an ex member Joe Harrington. On his death bed he admitted “I am scamizdat!” < the name of the anon poster. He also admitted being the one that mailed me the Fishman document. Which I was raided and sued for in Aug 1995 – ending up on over 200 websites including CMU, and the National University in China.

Federal Judge Brinkema RTC vs Lerma:
"The dispute in this case surrounds Lerma's acquisition and publication on the Internet of texts that the Church of Scientology considers sacred and protects heavily from unauthorized disclosure. Founded by L. Ron Hubbard, the Scientology religion attempts to explain the origin of negative spiritual forces in the world and advances techniques for improving one's own spiritual well-being. Scientologists believe that most human problems can be traced to lingering spirits of an extraterrestrial people massacred by their ruler, Xenu, over 75 million years ago. These spirits attach themselves by "clusters" to individuals in the contemporary world, causing spiritual harm and negatively influencing the lives of their hosts "

…. "The Court earlier dismissed the trade secrets count as to all defendants and the copyright infringement count as to the Washington Post and its reporters. RTC voluntarily dismissed its claims against Digital Gateway systems, Therefore, the only issue remaining in the case is RTC's: .. (3) copyright infringement claim against defendant Lerma"

Towards the end of RTC vs Lerma, $cientology dropped ALL CLAIMS for the materials I posted, and instead moved for a summary judgement, based on a .LOG file of me reading Dennis Erlich's posts on ARS, which were NOTs and NEDS he was sued for posting.

Regards

Arnie Lerma
Lermanet.com Exposing the CON since 1993

Added:
www.lermanet.com/exit/joeharrington.htm (See last line of that page contains admission)

It was the first time that Xenu was confirmed as the real deal in a Federal Court, previous to this they would say it was a forgery...

Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason:

http://www.ushistory.org/paine/reason/singlehtml.htm

"Having thus shown the irreconcilable inconsistencies between the real word of God existing in the universe, and that which is called the Word of God, as shown to us in a printed book that any man might make, I proceed to speak of the three principal means that have been employed in all ages, and perhaps in all countries, to impose upon mankind.

Those three means are Mystery, Miracle, and Prophecy. The two first are incompatible with true religion, and the third ought always to be suspected.

snip.........

. Mystery is the antagonist of truth. It is a fog of human invention, that obscures truth, and represents it in distortion. Truth never envelops itself in mystery, and the mystery in which it is at any time enveloped is the work of its antagonist, and never of itself."

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes, thank you, YOU get it!
it was awareness of this factor that made the risk worthwhile to endure.

$cientologists minds are trapped in "perhaps the NEXT secret level will provide what I desire"
And not knowing the secret, the mind will invent something wild enough for the $cientologist to mentally justify whatever they have to endure to find out.

Joe and I discussed this and I had no clue he was the one who posted it anonymously or that he was the one who mailed me the document in hardcopy.
And Joe knew that first article was coming out Christmas day...
I recall him thinking out loud when he lived with me, before moving to Sweden with Brigitta, while sitting on a bench at a park on a hilltop
overlooking the DC skyline, he said "I feel badly that I may have caused you so much trouble" I asked him Huh? what are you referring to, and he changed the
subject.

Secrets are the mortar
binding lies like bricks together
into prisons for the mind.

Arnie Lerma
I'd prefer to die speaking my mind than live fearing to speake

Thread: OSA Ops against Arnie Lerma & Lermanet.com

Gib

Crusader
Yes, thank you, YOU get it!
it was awareness of this factor that made the risk worthwhile to endure.

$cientologists minds are trapped in "perhaps the NEXT secret level will provide what I desire"
And not knowing the secret, the mind will invent something wild enough for the $cientologist to mentally justify whatever they have to endure to find out.

Joe and I discussed this and I had no clue he was the one who posted it anonymously or that he was the one who mailed me the document in hardcopy.
And Joe knew that first article was coming out Christmas day...
I recall him thinking out loud when he lived with me, before moving to Sweden with Brigitta, while sitting on a bench at a park on a hilltop
overlooking the DC skyline, he said "I feel badly that I may have caused you so much trouble" I asked him Huh? what are you referring to, and he changed the
subject.

Secrets are the mortar
binding lies like bricks together
into prisons for the mind.

Arnie Lerma
I'd prefer to die speaking my mind than live fearing to speake

Thread: OSA Ops against Arnie Lerma & Lermanet.com

yep.

While hubbard told of the Mystery Sandwich in the marketing & PR Series, to get more marks in, he was doing the exact same thing to us, the most prominent being RJ67 and the great wall of fire mystery.

For Arnie, Thank You for so much! :thumbsup: So much good work over the years. :happydance:

Thank-you-coffee-filter-flower.jpg