What's new

HBO Prepping Bombshell Scientology Film From Oscar Winner

Leland

Crusader
Satellite isn't any better cost wise. They have other issues. And it doesn't give you internet.

I actually don't miss cable at all personally. I'm not a sports watcher, which is the one thing cable has that you can't get streaming. I way prefer Netflix to regular TV. What you want to watch when you want to watch it. And there's actually way more to choose from than cable.

it's just when something special comes up like this HBO show I remotely miss it.

You could always book a room in a Hotel for one night....and watch HBO....:)

Leland

Crusader
Showing of "Going Clear" starts at 9:30 PM TONIGHT

7 hours to go.

Perhaps a new thread should be started?

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I agree with that. Chan, Cardone, Flasch, Chen, Ethier, and a few others will try to fight over the scraps, but it will crumble and shred in their hands as they try to grasp it. Most cults don't survive the death of their founders, this one was a huge exception, based on the strength of the glue Laffy put in the trap.
Largely this is the reason, but they had some good luck as well. Hubbard's death was eclipsed by the Challenger disaster so the circumstances of his death and the execution of his will.

As I recall, Operation Snow White was also eclipsed by another big media event.
But Miscavige has been weakening that glue over the years by making himself part of the matrix without adding anything to its strength. Now, only those completely covered in glue have not escaped, and when he goes, the glue will turn to dust and the cult will shatter.
I hope so.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I agree, I'm just saying that even if Slappy decides this is the last straw, it will still be at least 2 - 3 more years of hard regging before he finally pulls the "Eject!" lever. We can hear the fat lady in the wings, but she has not even appeared on stage yet.
I've been following her twitter, I can't believe anyone can have so little self-respect and be so utterly insane.

Oh wait, that was just a metaphor. Carry on.

:whistling:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Hey with Stieg Larsson's untimely passing (and their search for the right author(s) to continue the saga) there might even be an opportunity to write a story treatment or synopsis where you could get "story by" credit.
Off topic, but . . . what the heck! Big news! *

Book Sequel to Stieg Larsson's Girl with the Dragon
Tattoo trilogy set for 35 countries 27 August

Publishers say That Which Does Not Kill, completed by David Lagercrantz
after his fellow Swede’s death, could rival global impact of Da Vinci Code

http://www.theguardian.com/books/20...irl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-trilogy-out-august

http://www.bustle.com/articles/6128...s-sequel-is-coming-and-holy-moly-this-book-is
images

* Doesn't warrant its own thread though.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
. . .
Based on Lawrence Wright's controversial book 'Going Clear,' the documentary from
Alex Gibney is likely to draw an aggressive response from the notoriously litigious church

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/hbo-prepping-bombshell-scientology-film-751497

:omg:
"We have probably 160 lawyers [looking at the film]," says HBO Documentary Films
president Sheila Nevins, who is bracing for protests as well. If the doc is finished
in time, it likely will be submitted to the Sundance Film Festival in January.

Sheila Nevins, the President of Documentary Films for HBO is leaving after 38 years and supervising the production of over 1200 documentaries:

The Grande Dame of Documentary Is Leaving Her Home at HBO
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/style/sheila-nevins-leaving-hbo-documentary-films.html

An excerpt from the article:
Alex Gibney, who made “Going Clear” with Ms. Nevins, says she was unafraid of the public pushback from the Church of Scientology, emailing him this verse:

“I love the heat

Especially when it is so cold

And especially when we are so right to scream

Foul play.”