What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.
One character we forgot who was on staff was Bird (William Burdwood). Crazy, but a nice guy.
there was a public lady, I think her name was Marge Pierce. She had a beehive hairdoo. But hers was more like Connie Francis'.

The Anabaptist Jacques

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
One character we forgot who was on staff was Bird (William Burdwood). Crazy, but a nice guy.
there was a public lady, I think her name was Marge Pierce. She had a beehive hairdoo. But hers was more like Connie Francis'.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Oh.."we" didn't forget him. He worked for me briefly in the early 80's. I had to fire him one day when he came swinging a baseball bat at me and caused quite a bit of damage to the wall when I ducked.

Birdwood got married to Greg Wilhere's sister I think, Kathy Wilhere. Remember that?

Uncle Sam would probably have a better take on what happened to Bill. I sort of remember something about him running around naked in Central Park (NY) shouting repent the end is near, Bill not Uncle Sam. Although it could have been Uncle Sam. The memory fades...........

Yeah, he was married to Kathy. The last I heard of Bird was that he was driving a cab in New York. Other than the time he showed up on my doorstep once in the late 1980s. I have no idea how he found me. I didn't even know where I was living!

The Anabaptist Jacques

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, he was married to Kathy. The last I heard of Bird was that he was driving a cab in New York. Other than the time he showed up on my doorstep once in the late 1980s. I have no idea how he found me. I didn't even know where I was living!

The Anabaptist Jacques

He showed up on a lot of doorsteps. Deming did a little of that too.

The last I heard of Deming was that he was selling his paintings in Baltimore.
I wonder how many others ended up like that. there were times ,I must confess, when I wasn't far from it myself. I just didn't know where anybody lived.
But its alright, now, in fact its a gas.

The Anabaptist Jacques

uncle sam

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hey Jacques???

The Anabaptist Jacques
Marge Pierce sued the Crap out of the COS-she is/was mentally challenged-there are pages of her deposition floating around the net- she named me and that's how I found out. She alluded that I was a fabian "boyfriend"=but Deitz actually "hooked up with her"-poor Jeffery. Hey Jacques-did you do the BLSC? And who was your favorite fcdc moneymaker[reg] or salesperson?

I do remember the BLS course held after hours. I was there.
My favorite reg in Div II was Dickie Romejko. In Div VI Rich Arnold.

I think I got the Marge Pierce wrong. Marge Piece was the blond that was a reg for a short time, although I thought she had a different last name. I was thinking of the Marge with the Connie Francis look who lived in the high rise apartment building on T Street. Leslie Shields lived in that building too. But this Margery was never on staff. this was in early 1972. I think the Marge that sued was the one that was in Div II. But I could be wrong.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Long Gone

Patron with Honors
Mallory Pasco is down in Clearater. I think he owns a school. Barbara Lamb is still on staff I think. Her husband David isn't on staff. Don't know Mickey Rourke, nor did I know the Austins. I was there earlier then those names.

I think the fun died when we moved to the building on S street. Before that everything and everybody were in close contact. When we got to the new building it was relatively so spread out people didn't see too much of each other, except at all hands.

Who remembers studying Big League Sales after hours at the old org on 19th Street?

By the way, Richard Alexander was the name of the other crazy guy that use to talk real loud and I think he sometimes claimed he was L. Ron Hubbard. Knowing what I know now, he just may have been Ron.

The Anabaptist Jacques

I believe Dave Lamb is in the No. Virginia area. Auto repair. No idea on MaryAnn.

Richard Alexander was the one who would stand outside the front door with his cigar yapping away. Anyone remember his buddy - the one carrying the Spotlight (John Birch) paper around? They'd double-team on some nights. And frankly, it was more fun watching them them than doing the all-hands letter-writing.

Anyone remember Alan Blake? He was in the area through the 80's, early 90's maybe, but no sign of him since then.

I arrived after the move to S street but the buildings on 19th were still open - mostly used for auditing but were a good place to escape to on particularly stressful days/nights.

I remember Alan Blake, although I didn't know him well. One legend has it that he went to someone's house to give them an assist when they were recovering from a heart attack. Alan went to the wrong house. But he came in and gave the person an assist. He didn't know he had the wrong house (He was wearing his minister garb.) When he returned to the org the Dof P asked where he was. That's when he realized he went to the wrong house. The pc's wife gave him cookies and tea after he had given the assist. Neither he nor they knew there was a mistake.
So the legend goes.

I don't remember Richard Alexander's frined. But I bet it was a site to see. At the old org Jeff Kronin usually got stuck having to reg him.

The Anabaptist Jacques

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
I remember Alan Blake, although I didn't know him well. One legend has it that he went to someone's house to give them an assist when they were recovering from a heart attack. Alan went to the wrong house. But he came in and gave the person an assist. He didn't know he had the wrong house (He was wearing his minister garb.) When he returned to the org the Dof P asked where he was. That's when he realized he went to the wrong house. The pc's wife gave him cookies and tea after he had given the assist. Neither he nor they knew there was a mistake.
So the legend goes.

I don't remember Richard Alexander's frined. But I bet it was a site to see. At the old org Jeff Kronin usually got stuck having to reg him.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Jeff probably loved it. You could feed him (Jeff) a plate of shit and he would have asked you to pass the salt, but I loved him none the less.

Wonder what he would say 'bout me?

What was the name of the guy whose eyes would go back and forth about 100 times a minute? This was on S Street. I think his first name was Tony, but I'm not sure. But it wasn't Tony Settons.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Long Gone

Patron with Honors
What was the name of the guy whose eyes would go back and forth about 100 times a minute? This was on S Street. I think his first name was Tony, but I'm not sure. But it wasn't Tony Settons.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Wow. Thats MIP I'd not encountered since the 70's. I totally got a picture of the guy but I dont recall his name. His name may have been Tony. Did he work in Div 4 as the folder admin/runner? Thats what I'm recalling, but its pretty hazy.

I'm having such a good time with this. I remember one time Iwas being audited by Bird. He had snot all over his moustache. He kept asking me "do you have your attention on something?" I told him about the snot. So he took his fingers, wiped it off his moustache, and wipe his fingers off on my side of the meter shield. You gotta love it!

The Anabaptist Jacques

Long Gone

Patron with Honors
I'm having such a good time with this. I remember one time Iwas being audited by Bird. He had snot all over his moustache. He kept asking me "do you have your attention on something?" I told him about the snot. So he took his fingers, wiped it off his moustache, and wipe his fingers off on my side of the meter shield. You gotta love it!

The Anabaptist Jacques

:hysterical: at least that way HE did not have look at it and have HIS attention on it!

Does anyone remember when Jeff Deitz locked Cindy Topel in the Div VI office during a reg cycle? She was screaming for help. You could hear her from the sidewalk. That's when the Div VI office was in the front of 1812.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Does anybody remember the massive snowball fight? There were guys up on the balcony at the top floor of 1812 bombarding everybody and about 20 other guys throwing snowballs up at them. It had to be in early 1973.

The Anabptist Jacques

Status
Not open for further replies.