What's new

London “Ideal” Org – Still Failing After All These Years

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

London “Ideal” Org – Still Failing After All These Years

Twelve years after becoming “Ideal” and combining two orgs into one (London and CC London) London is STILL not SH Size. The building IS magnificent. And they have a separate Test Center on an enormously busy street (the former London Org premises). If you took all the times they have announced their “highest ever expansion”[.......]

Continue reading...

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
In the promo for joining staff for London Org, one of the Technical Staff positions is that of 'magistrate'. I've never heard of this before on a Scn Org Board. Anyone know what it is?

W.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
In the promo for joining staff for London Org, one of the Technical Staff positions is that of 'magistrate'. I've never heard of this before on a Scn Org Board. Anyone know what it is?

W.
They were training in ITO when I was there. From memory, it's an HCO post, including full Ethics Officer training and auditor training up through Level 2. I don't recall if it included the full Sec-Checker Course, but probably.

Paul

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
They were training in ITO when I was there. From memory, it's an HCO post, including full Ethics Officer training and auditor training up through Level 2. I don't recall if it included the full Sec-Checker Course, but probably.

Paul
Thanks Paul. Magistrate sounds like a post that would be tasked with sorting out disputes or something like that, For an organisation with a reputation for injustice on its members, it sure has a lot of fancy-sounding justice posts.

W.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I see Lorraine Bulger is ED of London Foundation. For 30+ years she's been a successful FSM at Saint Hill. Presumably now she spends her days in East Grinstead and her evenings in London. What a miserable existence.

And the guy holding up the OT I certificate is Emilio Calcioli. He's the youngest son of Lizzy Calcioli and grandson of David Gaiman. Since his family is still based in East Grinstead I assume he is too. So it looks like London Org is still relying on people from Saint Hill to keep it going which would suggest that there are very few raw public coming into Scientology in the UK.

Terril park

Sponsor
I see Lorraine Bulger is ED of London Foundation. For 30+ years she's been a successful FSM at Saint Hill. Presumably now she spends her days in East Grinstead and her evenings in London. What a miserable existence.

And the guy holding up the OT I certificate is Emilio Calcioli. He's the youngest son of Lizzy Calcioli and grandson of David Gaiman. Since his family is still based in East Grinstead I assume he is too. So it looks like London Org is still relying on people from Saint Hill to keep it going which would suggest that there are very few raw public coming into Scientology in the UK.
I was told by ex London staff member that they could only staff
London day by busing up people from St.Hill. Here is what I posted on Mike's blog yesterday. :-

"I was staff at London circa 1980. Then day had about 30 staff and foundation
60. A approx 3 years ago I went to see how many I could see. I counted people entering and leaving at the time of changeover from day to foundation. There was 30 and 29 people leaving or entering at that time. That would include
public on services also. I spoke to someone who had recently left staff and he
told me that the only way they could staff day org was bus people up from
st hill. During my time on staff I did FEBC at Flag. There was always 400 +
in the course room during the year I was there.
Its pretty clear to me there has been decline rather than expansion, and this aligns with all the reports of diminished activity in recent times."

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious

I thought he looked like a Calcioli. IF he's on staff at London, you'd have thought that he'd have learned something from the fact that his father was busted off the ED position of London Org a decade or so ago for not showing COB a sufficient level of sycophancy. Or whatever it was COB busted him for.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I thought he looked like a Calcioli. IF he's on staff at London, you'd have thought that he'd have learned something from the fact that his father was busted off the ED position of London Org a decade or so ago for not showing COB a sufficient level of sycophancy. Or whatever it was COB busted him for.
Yep and his brother Leandro is also a staff member there.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
I wonder how many die-hards are still in Scientology in/around St. Hill in the UK. Does anyone know? The Calciolis were one such family. Then there were the OTVIIIs like Lorraine Bulger, mentioned earlier in the thread, and Hanni and Micky Barram. And then there are the die-hard SO members. Anyone have any news on any of these die-hards leaving?

W.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
100 staff at London org I'm told, how many come from SH I don' know!
100 staff? I very much doubt that. My bet would be 15, including 8 who have been bullied into doing it from St Hill. Not that I have any inside information. Just, I don't think they can get that many people together. I don't think St. Hill has more than two or three hundred staff (and probably nowhere near that even). There's no way London has 100. You can persuade a handful of people to work for nothing for a few weeks, and keep promising them the wages will come next week, next week, next week. You can't get away with that with 100 people. So I call bullshit on that claim.

Whattodo

Patron with Honors
Maybe, just someone I know who works there mentioned that number. Said its a bit better than another org as its busier and a better buzz. I thought 100 was a low number for London considering this is supposed to be the fastest growing religion!! haha