OT IX FINALLY RELEASED!!!

THE WAIT IS OVER!
THE WAIT IS OVER!!
THE WAIT IS OVER!!!

tumblr_inline_oavvpyI4bb1qdo426_400.gif

:p

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
I didn''t read it but I was going to use exactly that as another example of what really annoys me - along with 'I could care less' when what they mean is 'I couldn't care less'.
I get bugged when someone uses the word decimate to mean totally destroyed when the word means, yes, literally, one in ten.

Jack

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I get bugged when someone uses the word decimate to mean totally destroyed when the word means, yes, literally, one in ten.

Jack
Yup, that's another one that annoys me to (see what I did there)? This subject deserves a thread of its own really. A lot of americans seem unable to pronounce the word 'nuclear' properly, while a lot of brits seem unable to pronounce 'controversy' correctly, which every american seems to get right, and as for diplodocus - don't get me started.

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon
Yup, that's another one that annoys me to (see what I did there)? This subject deserves a thread of its own really. A lot of americans seem unable to pronounce the word 'nuclear' properly, while a lot of brits seem unable to pronounce 'controversy' correctly, which every american seems to get right, and as for diplodocus - don't get me started.
You're so naughty> Now I have to look up a word.

RogerB

Crusader
Meh, yous Americans who think you have the right and worse, think yous are right, to screw with our beautifully, historically developed True Blue English . . .

I was discussing this point with a Kiwi friend in the Farmers Market recently . . .

Example: Americans have invented the word "acclimate" . . . this instead of using the perfectly correct English word "acclimatise" . . . hell, you dogs even want to MISspell it as "acclimatize" . . . Grrrrr!

I mean, let us get real: you Americans don't "sanitate," you "sanitise"/"sanitize" don't you???

And this is the tip of the iceberg of the destruction of a perfectly good language by the "Johnnie-come-late" New World.

:p:D
/

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I think we Americans view language as fluid and malleable rather than fixed, rigid and unchangeable.
After all, some bloke (as you'd say) came up with the words originally, not that I'd care enough to try and take each word back to it's basic basic in order to feel entitled to tweak it where I might see fit.
Perhaps this is because we ourselves are mostly of mixed rather than fixed, rigid ancestral lineage and have more dual language households than any other country.
This is why I found it odd that so many American Scientologists bought the written word is king homage they demonstrated and usually continue to as ex's with all the "If it isn't written it isn't true" hocus pocus at Hubbard's insistence.
After all, Hubbard certainly took his liberties in inventing or ripping off words when it suited him...
But it could be that because I once idolized the Wordler hiself that I began to do as he did and found myself more creative with the use of the English language, just a thought and maybe is the answer to your question - if it was.
Then the English became complicit with their American counterparts and altered the language of music from Beethoven & Tchaikovsky and Rock and Roll was born...

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
If Ron was so OT and could exteriorize with full perceptics at will, why was his MEST body an encumbrance to researching upper OT levels?
Late last night there some unusually high traffic in our telex room. This morning when I checked it out, I was delighted to find this:

Originally posted by L. Ron Hubbard

Greetings from Target II! Oh wait, let me start over--what's the date? LOL, did you miss me?

Hey, as many of you know, I've been out here in deep space doing extremely secretive and advanced research to save all your doomed DB asses! Just joking, seriously, you people down there are doing a fine job of Clearing the Planet and I have sent telepathic commendation reports to ALL of your ethics folders.

I have quite enjoyed reading ESMB recently, but I was a bit confused at first. I thought I was finally getting an earth internet signal (we usually can't get online out here because they're still using a dial-up connection). In any case, I was so excited, because I thought I had successfully located the online website of ESPN and was finally able to catch up on the sports scores from the past 32 years. Not!

Then I realized that it was a Scientology website and naturally I really blew a lot of BPC to re-connect with all my old dear friends still stuck on that pitiful slave planet. Please recall that I am the one that discovered the POWER FORMULA and told you all "DON'T DISCONNECT"; so, I am following policy and here I am, I promise I never disconnected from you after I shed (think "rose above") my impediment.

However, there is something kind of troubling me about your Scientology website. Has senior church management actually given you outstanding elite OTs issue authority to write about the COS, the Tech and yours truly, the Source, Founder & Commodore?! I probably need to catch up on the latest Teegeack slang, but sometimes I could swear that you people are making fun of me or the Bridge to Total Freedom, mankind's only hope, discovered by mankind's greatest friend. A few times my ruds went crashing out and I felt enturbulated when it seemed some some of you people were actually Joking & Degrading about Scientology and the priceless gift of spiritual freedom and eternity that I humbly tendered to all beings.

But, like I say, it's probably some new internet nomenclature that I will need to do some research on. Remember, even if I don't know what you people are talking about exactly, I am the one that discovered music and scientology and the internet, way back 14.3 quadrillion years ago.

And, so naturally, I knew that all this internet business was going to happen and it is no surprise to me that so many different websites have proliferated talking about Scientology! This is a huge win and makes planetary clearing a reality! I even noticed that there are entire feature length documentaries and weekly TV shows that are dedicated to interviewing Scientologists, like "GOING CLEAR" and Leah Remini's show! More huge 4th dynamic wins!

Hey, per policy, I always answer every question and one terrific question that always pops up is this one:

"If Ron was so OT and could exteriorize with full perceptics at will, why was his MEST body an encumbrance to researching upper OT levels?"

DR. HUBBARD ANSWERS: As everyone knows, I was the first to reach the state of full OT and thus I am "Total Cause Over Life". When I shed my meat-mest-body-encumbrance, it naturally died. Once it was dead, it had no effect whatsoever on me being "Total Cause Over Life"---because dead things are, technically speaking, not part of life, right? Duhhhhh! LOL. Did you people run out of clay or something down there?!

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Late last night there some unusually high traffic in our telex room. This morning when I checked it our, I was delighted to find this:

I'll first have to word clear all of this for fear that I'll go aneten as we're all fully at effect of the mu phenomena, you must certainly understand, give me a week to get back to you. Words are total cause and I'm total effect, as you know or at least should know by now.

JackStraw

Meh, yous Americans who think you have the right and worse, think yous are right, to screw with our beautifully, historically developed True Blue English . . .

I was discussing this point with a Kiwi friend in the Farmers Market recently . . .

Example: Americans have invented the word "acclimate" . . . this instead of using the perfectly correct English word "acclimatise" . . . hell, you dogs even want to MISspell it as "acclimatize" . . . Grrrrr!

I mean, let us get real: you Americans don't "sanitate," you "sanitise"/"sanitize" don't you???

And this is the tip of the iceberg of the destruction of a perfectly good language by the "Johnnie-come-late" New World.

:p:D
/
I've joked about this before and I'll do it again! :boxing:

I ain't taking no pronunciation advice from a people who can't pronounce their own language!!!:ignore:

When they replace "t"s with glo'al stops, replace "th"s with "v"s and/or "f"s, e.g. A'itude, bruvver, muvver, nuffing etc! :nope:

Sheesh. Aluminium? Really???!!??!?? Says who?! :guyfawkes:

Adding unnecessary "U"s to several words...I could go on...:morecoffee:

Jack

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Hey it's Oscar season, shouldn't Scientology have its own awards?

CCCC
(Creepy Cinematic Cult Conmen)
And the award for best filmed or videotaped lying goes to . . .
Ron, as the cult Commodore
Film Title: "I'm not lying--seriously, I'm Buddha"
Most beloved quote: "I never had a second wife"
Dave, as the cult Cob
Film Title: "Where's Shelly?"
Most beloved quote: "I never had a second dynamic"
Marty, as the cult Cannibal
Film Title: "The joy of disposing of everyone quietly without sorrow"
Most beloved quote: "I never had a second source of income"
Alanzo, as the cult Clown
Film Title: "Attacking cult victims because then maybe people will notice me"
Most beloved quote: "I never had a second thought"

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
I've joked about this before and I'll do it again! :boxing:

I ain't taking no pronunciation advice from a people who can't pronounce their own language!!!:ignore:

When they replace "t"s with glo'al stops, replace "th"s with "v"s and/or "f"s, e.g. A'itude, bruvver, muvver, nuffing etc! :nope:

Sheesh. Aluminium? Really???!!??!?? Says who?! :guyfawkes:

Adding unnecessary "U"s to several words...I could go on...:morecoffee:

Jack
Well, Jackie-Baby . . . I is Australian . . . the Muvver, Bruvver thing is really Cockney . . . though I will admit, according to that Famed BBC effort, "The Story of English" . . . Cockney is the root from which Oz sprung . . . neither are the famed "BBC Oxford English" . . . meh, who gives a shite . . . them Pommies are stuck up at the best of times.

Yes, I'll agree we do have a difference on the aluminium/aluminum thing . . . but you are proving the point I was elucidating . . . yous have screwed up perfectly good historical language and history! "Aluminium" is the perfectly good and original old and anciently revered Latin name for the mineral . . . It is as written in the good, right and proper Periodic Table of Elements.:p

One might, and I do refrain from, accusing that the bloody lazy and incompetent New Wold Americans knocked out the "ium" part to castrate the beautiful and poetic ring of the original word to turn it into an "um" . . . . um, as in umm, umm, umm, umm . . . you know, it's what dullards say when they have trouble being able to think and/or come up with what to say.

But, actually, to address the true and real reasons for the difference between American and English English, It goes back to the fact that at the time of the American Revolution, a third of the folks in America spoke German/Dutch . . . and when the Americans followed the (English) Dr. Samuel's example of creating a dictionary, the Americans decided to "simplify" spelling and pronunciation for the benefit of the non-English speaking communities when the first American efforts at creating their dictionary were undertaken . . .

So, as penance for my sinful life . . . I have had to learn American English and stop interfering with my computer's effort to impose wrongly spelled words on me . . . I have learned to honor versus honour the shit MS Word wants to give me.

:D:cool:

JackStraw

Well, Jackie-Baby . . . I is Australian . . . the Muvver, Bruvver thing is really Cockney . . . though I will admit, according to that Famed BBC effort, "The Story of English" . . . Cockney is the root from which Oz sprung . . . neither are the famed "BBC Oxford English" . . . meh, who gives a shite . . . them Pommies are stuck up at the best of times.

Yes, I'll agree we do have a difference on the aluminium/aluminum thing . . . but you are proving the point I was elucidating . . . yous have screwed up perfectly good historical language and history! "Aluminium" is the perfectly good and original old and anciently revered Latin name for the mineral . . . It is as written in the good, right and proper Periodic Table of Elements.:p

One might, and I do refrain from, accusing that the bloody lazy and incompetent New Wold Americans knocked out the "ium" part to castrate the beautiful and poetic ring of the original word to turn it into an "um" . . . . um, as in umm, umm, umm, umm . . . you know, it's what dullards say when they have trouble being able to think and/or come up with what to say.

But, actually, to address the true and real reasons for the difference between American and English English, It goes back to the fact that at the time of the American Revolution, a third of the folks in America spoke German/Dutch . . . and when the Americans followed the (English) Dr. Samuel's example of creating a dictionary, the Americans decided to "simplify" spelling and pronunciation for the benefit of the non-English speaking communities when the first American efforts at creating their dictionary were undertaken . . .

So, as penance for my sinful life . . . I have had to learn American English and stop interfering with my computer's effort to impose wrongly spelled words on me . . . I have learned to honor versus honour the shit MS Word wants to give me.

:D:cool:
And you are BOTH a gentleman and a scholar! My hat is off to you. And since I'm American, I'm right and you are wrong! :fencing:

{tongue firmly in cheek!:gathering::gathering: }

Jack