What's new

Stanley Clarke turns out to be as deep into Scientology as we feared, all these years later

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Stanley Clarke turns out to be as deep into Scientology as we feared, all these years later

From time to time we’re asked if famous jazz bassist Stanley Clarke is still involved in Scientology (and the person asking is usually hoping we’ll say no). For a while there, we hadn’t seen Stanley showing much involvement in the organization, and so we weren’t sure what to say. But then, ten days [...]

From time to time we’re asked[.......]

Continue reading...

Leland

Crusader
I always wonder and am confused by guys like Stanley Clark. He has been in the Cult since what, the very early 1970's, yet never did "go up the bridge." (as far as I know...)

Here he is, 40 years later, talking about such Cult basic offerings, such as the "Student Hat."

What is the story with this?

Anyone know?

Leland

Crusader
Yes, there is quite the Cult Bubble in Los Angeles.

A Cult Celebrity (with money) could have most anything done in Los Angeles...from building a new house....to a $20 thousand dollar tiled bathroom remodel...to cabinetry work...to financial work to PR to most anything, I imagine all done by companies owned by public Cult Members...and staffed by public Cult Members.

I imagine a guy like Chick Corea....that back in the day..lived in a Gated Community in Los Feliz...wouldn't really have to associate with regular folks, if he didn't want to?