What's new

Mike Rinder – A Scientology “Nobody”

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

I happened across this old card the other day. I didn’t know I had it. It was in my wallet the day I walked out of L. Ron Hubbard’s old office in Fitzroy St., London. It was my final day in scientology. I had been sent to London to deal with the BBC Panorama program […]

Continue reading...

Gib

Crusader
There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

I happened across this old card the other day. I didn’t know I had it. It was in my wallet the day I walked out of L. Ron Hubbard’s old office in Fitzroy St., London. It was my final day in scientology. I had been sent to London to deal with the BBC Panorama program […]

Continue reading...
I think that is a great post by Mike Rinder.

This paragraph:

"The hope of the future is a powerful glue that sticks you to scientology. So much is promised, and the inculcated idea that it is in your power to make it happen keeps a LOT of people in the bubble. The planet will be cleared. We will go St Hill size and get up the bridge. You will have superpowers if you take your next step. We are making a better world. We have the solutions to drugs, immorality, crime and education. Life at the Int Base will go back to normal. Though there is no evidence any of these things, or many other promises, have ever come close to being true, yet the people caught in the prison of belief so badly WANT them to be true they will ignore all evidence to the contrary. They believe the future is going to be different from the past."

I think he is spot on, it also applies to other things in life. Hope and faith are powerful. We hope our marriage works, we hope our new found discovery of electricity works, we hope for a lot in life in business decisions.

Hope comes to it's faith when science and engineering and real world meet, does it work or not.

Mike's post reminds me of Hubbard's rhetorical speech known as "The Hope of Man".

Of course, everybody knows who has been involved in dianetics and scientology that Hubbard said dianetics and scientology works, repeatly.

And here we are are with no clears, no OT's, no coming back, not even the LRH.

Gib

Crusader
I think that is a great post by Mike Rinder.

This paragraph:

"The hope of the future is a powerful glue that sticks you to scientology. So much is promised, and the inculcated idea that it is in your power to make it happen keeps a LOT of people in the bubble. The planet will be cleared. We will go St Hill size and get up the bridge. You will have superpowers if you take your next step. We are making a better world. We have the solutions to drugs, immorality, crime and education. Life at the Int Base will go back to normal. Though there is no evidence any of these things, or many other promises, have ever come close to being true, yet the people caught in the prison of belief so badly WANT them to be true they will ignore all evidence to the contrary. They believe the future is going to be different from the past."

I think he is spot on, it also applies to other things in life. Hope and faith are powerful. We hope our marriage works, we hope our new found discovery of electricity works, we hope for a lot in life in business decisions.

Hope comes to it's faith when science and engineering and real world meet, does it work or not.

Mike's post reminds me of Hubbard's rhetorical speech known as "The Hope of Man".

Of course, everybody knows who has been involved in dianetics and scientology that Hubbard said dianetics and scientology works, repeatly.

And here we are are with no clears, no OT's, no coming back, not even the LRH.
here's another rhetorical speech by Hubbard, RJ37:

http://suppressiveperson.org/1983/03/13/lrh-ed-rons-journal-37/

Here Hubbard says we, scientology, have only the tech.

LOL because I fell for hubbard's rhetoric. And now I can LOL.