What's new

Tale From Long Ago

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Talking about reincarnation, aside from "clams on the beach" claims in History of Man and Have You Lived Before This Life?, there were so many other scientific proofs of past-lives that Hubbard documents---in such scientific research as "HYMN OF ASIA" where Ron documented his own true identify as Buddha. I mean, like wow man, that is so heavy!

And let's not forget "MISSION INTO TIME", the book that chronicled Ron's ability to go wholetrack and find buried treasure.

Even though the book miserably ends without him finding buried treasure, Hubbard did in fact "go wholetrack and find buried treasure" by promoting his wholetrack sci-fantasy to credulous Scientologists who then "donated" their own treasure.

If anything, Hubbard's new-age hoax made a compelling case AGAINST reincarnation, by reason of the fact that he was a pathological liar who was defrauding the public out of billions of dollars.

I don't believe in Santa Claus or fairies but I don't believe that we have discovered all there is to know. I pretty sure even hard-core scientists don't think we know everything about everything. There are documented but unexplained phenomena still to be understood.

And, as we don't yet understand these things, it seems presumptuous to completely rule out "spiritual" causes before we know anything about these unexplained phenomena. However, it's really hard to look in that direction because the territory is inhabited by all sorts of nuts, kooks and crazies. A scientist can ruin their reputation just by admitting they've looked there.
I read somewhere on this board that past lives are hidden suggestion carried forward while undergoing auditing. Let’s put money on the table here. I started to get flashes of the past before any sort of auditing. I mentioned the pyramids of Egypt with alien builders at work during the communication course and that feeling wouldn’t go away.

I thought being out of your head - are you out of your mind? All I wanted was to communicate better then get the hell out to live life in my way and not someone else’s. One day in my bare room the melt down began. My head thumped as I lay down on the brass bed to either die or go insane. I could no longer take the hurt of being me.

I closed my eyes wanting to never reopen them … then rose up to see six black horses with bobbing black plumes pulling a varnished wooden hearse through open cobble streets beneath me. The fools! I cried. I’m not dead! Then I saw the dusty bedsprings underneath my bed. Whoa! Had I fallen out of bed and done me a terminal head injury? No, I was moving around outside my body! I moved up to see myself lying on the bed. Not happening my mind thought … a massive delusion caused by the coming of insanity. If this be the way I go into the state of oblivion, then so let it be.

I heard clicking outside and floated up to look out the window while my body stayed on the bed. I saw the landlord kneeling outside pruning bushes in stunning colors for I am somewhat colorblind. I jumped up inside my body and again saw the landlord kneeling outside and pruning bushes but not so glowing as before. A drug related experience some may say. I neither drank nor smoked and even hesitated to take an aspirin. After a lifetime of other involvements around the world that day is still the most real to me.

Did a sort of religious experience happen? I returned to a ‘normal’ frame of mind with more awareness than before. I experienced it without prompting or outside control, nobody there but me. Was this emerging of new consciousness, or delusions and feelings that fused together in my brain with no point of reference beyond themselves? It just happened like going to the head or taking a walk in the park. I had an empty but satisfying involvement where thinking about anything became unnecessary.

Scientology knew what had happened; or so they said. I had a need to communicate with others with the same experiences to adjust, but I was the only one in town. The roller coaster ride continued from there. I assumed the motivating state of flux would stay with me, sorry it didn’t, every journey to being must come to an end.

What is there to tell us about where life begins or ends? The happening resets our natural balance without having a predefined order. We put that order in place as we grow into the future. Living in the now is the flow of the moment. You are the answer to every question. Being you adds to life with more than the spoken word will ever tell.

During WWI over a million soldiers had out of body experiences during stress of battle and were recorded. The field doctors gave up documenting as those on both sides suffered no ill effects. Perhaps, like me, the men at war found when in the most danger then hope appears. I started that day wanting to end my life, but something else happened like never dreamed of in this lifetime – or another.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
<snip>
But to use the best quote on the subject, “When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”

1. Why did you use a quote from KJV/NKJV 1 Corinthians 13:11 as "the best quote on the subject"?

2. Why did you not say that this was a quote from 1 Corinthians 13:11?

Last edited:
1. Why did you use a quote from KJV/NKJV 1 Corinthians 13:11 as "the best quote on the subject"?

2. Why did you not say that this was a quote from 1 Corinthians 13:11?
Perhaps I should have qualified by saying it’s a personal choice that I think is the best. The Bible has gone through a long period of development in the honing and polishing of words since first written and that reflects in the flowing quality of the words, like that of Shakespeare, I could never personally hope to better.

Why didn’t I say what this was quoted from? Because you already know that! I did say it was borrowed. I couldn’t have told you the chapter and verse offhand and I had to look it up on the net, which I did, and chose that translation, apart from many others, mainly because it was at the top of the list.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
......... The Bible has gone through a long period of development in the honing and polishing of words since first written and that reflects in the flowing quality of the words, like that of Shakespeare, I could never personally hope to better..

LOL

The lure of the pseudoscientific vocabulary and promises of dianetics cannot but condemn thousands who are beginning to emerge from scientific illiteracy to a continuation of their susceptibility to word-magic and semantic hash.
S.I. HAYAKAWA 1951

LOL? Is that to say Christianity is a form of scientific illiteracy? LOL! I agree that dianetics has not gone through the wringer, nor ever will emerge as anything special. However, the rise and rise of the West was no lucky accident that some now argue for political purposes. I say prove it and in your own terms. The success of the West (and of America) was based on a religious system that allowed for scientific literacy to grow because they didn’t do enough about stopping it. The scientific discoveries were of benefit and so were the religious writings used for inspiration. What can else I say?

You cannot have it both ways. That some other hidden way of life led to where we are now?
That sort of thinking led to Scn, Some may say the changes Christianity allowed are in far too materialistic a way. Sure there were the inquisitions and wars and stuff, but most of it a hell of a long time ago. It didn’t stop the progress in the West from happening after many an Eastern Empire fell. The problem is of honesty, where truth will find a way of happening despite how the bullshit can happen all over again.

You guys are both saying the same thing. They only reason you’re arguing is because you are using different words…. S.I. HAYAKAWA