What's new

Thetan as an Energy Source? Or Not?

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
I never expect anyone to believe my past experiences such as exteriorization because I wouldn't believe either had I not experienced them...
Spot on, Dagwood.

I've voiced similar thoughts here about exteriorization. I believe every word you said because I've also experienced the phenomena.

It's simply not real to those who haven't experienced it.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Spot on, Dagwood.

I've voiced similar thoughts here about exteriorization. I believe every word you said because I've also experienced the phenomena.

It's simply not real to those who haven't experienced it.
I've experienced it through acid (and again a few times but to a much lesser extent by just 'taking myself back there') but I can't understand the big deal some people make about it.

For me it was just something that happened while tripping and it was cool, I absolutely enjoyed it ... but I had no urge to do it over and over again and would never try and convince another person that it had happened at all because it doesn't matter enough.

For me it was a fascinating experience, a bit like visiting a foreign and exciting country but there are many other things to experience too and I didnt want to become fixated on that one thing, especially once I had escaped the most insane foreign country cult that I know of which is fully based on such things and had to resort to making up silly stories to keep the money rolling in.

;)

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I've experienced it through acid (and again a few times but to a much lesser extent by just 'taking myself back there') but I can't understand the big deal some people make about it.

<snip>

;)

Because this supposedly proves that one is a spiritual being and makes them feel relieved from disturbing thoughts about death. (I think that is the #1 root-cause reason.)

I would rather follow on-going neuroscience research on the topic of OBEs.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
You old beatniks are freaks

I now get why some of you made bold statements you were never hypnotised in$cn...Nop..

You were on acid, mesc, lsd, and it took you decades to realize where you landed.

Amirite????

:p

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
You old beatniks are freaks

I now get why some of you made bold statements you were never hypnotised in$cn...Nop..

You were on acid, mesc, lsd, and it took you decades to realize where you landed.

Amirite????

:p
Not me. I've never taken an illegal drug in my entire life, even though I was a teenager in the 1960s. I've also never been hypnotised but I have had an out-of-body experience. That happened long before scientology and before I'd even heard of such things.

That experience only started to make sense to me years later when I got into scientology and I learned I was a "thetan" and not a body. Up until then I thought I was just a body so when I found myself outside of my body I assumed I must have died. That was a helluva shock and definitely not a pleasant experience. But despite spending 15+ years in scientology and hundreds of hours of auditing I never experienced it again.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I do wonder about these 'OOB's. No one it seems ever reports being 'stably exterior with full perception' for any great length of time, it seems to be just a fleeting occurrence (and not a particularly pleasant one by some accounts I've read) and then the person goes back into his/her body.

Also, a lot of these so-called 'near death experiences' seem to happen while a person is undergoing some kind of medical procedure. You don't suppose the drugs and anaesthetics a person has been given has anything to do with it?

Reactions: Gib

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
No one it seems ever reports being 'stably exterior with full perception' for any great length of time, it seems to be just a fleeting occurrence (and not a particularly pleasant one by some accounts I've read
In my case when I was out with full perceptions I kept getting captured by the same female spirit that had the ability to hog tie me and drag me back to my body and slam me back into it. And she wasn't wearing angel wings either, but I remembered the episodes from those moments onward. These turned what had been pleasant experiences of intense freedom into those of shocked overwhelm. But when I ponder that there are now close to 8 billion humans on this planet alone it occurs to me that many are not planted in the flesh voluntarily and that there exists quite a psychic infrastructure that forces our incarnations. There's none of that "just go down to the local hospital and pick up a body" horse shit. And I'd never heard of Scientology or Dianetics at these times in the late 50's. It's just a shining that souls planted in flesh have like as in the movie.

Last edited:

strativarius

In my case when I was out with full perceptions I kept getting captured by the same female spirit that had the ability to hog tie me and drag me back to my body and slam me back into it. And she wasn't wearing angel wings either, but I remembered the episodes from those moments onward. These turned what had been pleasant experiences of intense freedom into those of shocked overwhelm. But when I ponder that there are now close to 8 billion humans on this planet alone it occurs to me that many are not planted in the flesh voluntarily and that there exists quite a psychic infrastructure that forces our incarnations. There's none of that "just go down to the local hospital and pick up a body" horse shit.
You know what DG, I've admired your poetry in the past and what you've just written would make great science-fiction. Ever thought of turning your hand to writing a novel?

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
You know what DG, I've admired your poetry in the past and what you've just written would make great science-fiction. Ever thought of turning your hand to writing a novel?
Thanks Strati, I have considered that since a creative writing professor in college brought the same thought to my mind. I just never had the sustained focus or follow through to do it. Perhaps had I hung out with a crowd of writer wanna be's I would have learned the ropes and made the right connections but that never happened.
You are a master wordsmith in your own right as all would agree.

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think Hubbard knew anything about being exterior. I have read many books about "Astral Travel" whereby the writer claims to be able to leave the body using well-known techniques and I haven't read anything so naive as Hubbard's "being exterior with full perception". It seems to me this was just another area where he had a liitle bit of information and used it to pretend to be an expert.

strativarius

<snip>
You are a master wordsmith in your own right as all would agree.
Hmm, well, thanks for the compliment DG, kind of you to say so, but I'm not sure all would agree. There are probably a few university-educated folks here who can see right through what I write and spot the howlers. Anyway, you know what W C Fields said about baffling 'em with bullshit. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
I don't think Hubbard knew anything about being exterior. I have read many books about "Astral Travel" whereby the writer claims to be able to leave the body using well-known techniques and I haven't read anything so naive as Hubbard's "being exterior with full perception". It seems to me this was just another area where he had a liitle bit of information and used it to pretend to be an expert.
I think what you wrote is true. It reminds me of Hana Whitfield story she posted on JP Capitalists blog:

http://www.reasoned.life/2018/02/hana-whitfield-interview-hubbard-really-sincere-helping-people/

excerpt:

"While visiting the Island of Madeira in the 70’s, Hubbard went for a walk in the mountains above the port of Funchal. A few of us accompanied him. From the hillside, we could see the Apollo, a white sliver along the dock in the glittering blue water. He stood tall, his shoulders back, chest out, head up, legs a bit apart – a favorite stance when he was being the “Commodore, “Teacher” and “Dispenser of Wisdom.” He gestured around with one arm and asked us what we saw. I think we all knew some enormous gem of wisdom was coming our way but were too timid to volunteer anything that would show how stupid we were, how limited in vision and of course, in confront. We told him what we saw – trees, plants, the path on which we stood, a stony wall alongside a road, and the unlimited sea and sky. A knowing smile appeared on Hubbard’s face, a kind of “See? I knew you wouldn’t know.” He waved his arm around again.

“What you don’t realize is that you’re seeing everything around you including yourselves through the lens of the reactive mind. It dictates everything you see. Even after your auditing wins thus far, it is still in control. When you reach OT and you can see without the bank … well! It’s a whole different story.”

He chuckled …

Hubbard had not said “When you see the world without the reactive bank like I can …” but we all got the message.

Hubbard was no God; he was as human as we all were. He had good moments and bad. And allergies, accidents, and cravings for tobacco. And he put on weight when he ate too much. And yes, he lied."

That Hubbard was a story teller and rhetoric master, a sophist. If one understands true old rhetoric, why one can see it.

If one understands the 3 means of persuasion and the 5 cannons.

I still think this is one of the easiest sites to learn about it if one cares to.

https://www.artofmanliness.com/arti...ic-101-the-five-canons-of-rhetoric-invention/

"The Five Canons of Rhetoric are:

inventio (invention): The process of developing and refining your arguments.

dispositio (arrangement): The process of arranging and organizing your arguments for maximum impact.

elocutio (style): The process of determining how you present your arguments using figures of speech and other rhetorical techniques.

memoria (memory): The process of learning and memorizing your speech so you can deliver it without the use of notes. Memory-work not only consisted of memorizing the words of a specific speech, but also storing up famous quotes, literary references, and other facts that could be used in impromptu speeches.

actio (delivery): The process of practicing how you deliver your speech using gestures, pronunciation, and tone of voice.

IMHO, that is Hubbard's hypnosis.

RogerB

Crusader
:):p . . . Nice write-ups of your experiences, Guys.

What if, like what if, you could or were able to put those experiences, powers and awareness under your knowing control?

It is the fact that many of your elite athletes do operate in that manner with varying degrees of "exterior with perception" . . . some even operate with degrees of perception of the immediate future such that they "know" where to go, what to do to beat the opposition.

I won my biggest championships when in that kind of condition.

To be honest, among the elite athlete tribe, it is rather a matter of, "of course!"

They often refer to it as "being in the Zone," or of "being ON!"

I remember reading a long article of an interview with Roger Federer in the New York Times, Sunday Magazine. Federer spoke of these abilities/faculties . . . and also he spoke of routinely "envisioning" . . . as in creating the hologram or holographic structure of play that is the outcome of his winning shots.

Other articles I've read relating to elite athlete performance all deal with the ability they have of perceptions beyond the norm and of even control of the physical universe, time, space and form.

It really is something!

I am in touch with a number of guys involved in exercising these abilities and of even exercising and upgrading them such that they have the desired abilities more fully under their knowing control.

Michael Rinaldi of the remote viewing course I posted on earlier in this thread is just one such guy.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Dag, written in your piece above is actually some of the answer being looked for . . . you write that you are aware of having exteriorized and with degrees of perception, if flawed and streaky . . . but then you started to think weird things about it!

Inval and thinking negative thoughts about such things does actually alter and or turn them off!!!!

Alan Walter addressed this scenario to clean up and recover such awareness and capacities. He and I brought about what we refer to as the "Thoughts are Things R/D" . . . one can use it to lift off the dopey think we have all encumbered ourselves with.
My peripheral memory of what initiated an exteriorization was a gentle awakening in my bed when I was very young. I had a puzzling view down the back of my body rather than the front as I would see through my eyes. So I just wandered out into the view that I was perceiving. "How did I turn around in my head and find this back door out" was the pervading wonderment.
I have looked at some of the YouTube clips from people describing how they get out of their bodies but haven't seen anything useful.
But my experience above left me wondering whether I could get out by turning around in my head and facing the opposite direction, finding that I can only spin to my left but not to my right at all. The spins seem to precede getting out as one unwinds from ones perch as does the intense feeling of falling when in a twilight state where one finds oneself spontaneously free if only for an instant at which point one pulls oneself back in as a conditioned response. My theta body seems to be jammed up around some spindle that its been wound upon by the "friendly angels" whom I have attempted to flee and avoid on many occasions that have come to memory. To the extent that in out of body experiences I tended to scan the humans around me while noticing that they didn't notice me, but there stood out one or two who did and I was inevitably captured by them after giving them a frantic run for the money. Catching renegade souls seems to be their purpose in being while people glorify them as angels, I see them as prison guards.
Sounds like gibberish doesn't it? Yes, but not if you experienced it and find that it explains so much.
If you're ever looking for disembodied souls look no further than old movie theaters and stores as those who died but didn't cross over will tend to go where they most enjoyed being when they were alive, I assume they don't know they have passed away. I've inadvertently sat in their laps at movies and had my voice change to haughty and haunting with a wicked laugh. I scared the shit out of my Scientology friend by channeling one at the movies and he just freaked out, jumped up and sprinted out of the packed theater. We were in the front row and they must like the best seats, no wonder I avoid those rows now. He was my roommate and had smoked some Thai stick but we never spoke of the incident after that as I sensed he was deeply disturbed by it and I thought it was best left alone.
That's part of the crazy backstory to life on earth that I was tricked into believing LRH had the answers and solutions to. He lied lots!