What's new

A nonchalant life

ttamaad

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hello Everyone,

My name is Bill Gray and I have been around the traps for a good many years. Those that may remember me may do so as
Billy Gray Professor of Scientology. I was on Staff Sydney Day with a few of you here and spent time at Flag on the Professional TR's pilot where a few of us recieved a pass for life on our TRs from LRH. I also completed my Pro Supervisors internship there at Flag.
I was the Senior Supervisor during the Cont TTC days (now that was a blast)
Along the way I collected a few ethics handlings, a Kha Khan, and some great friends

I left Staff days after Genny (my partner at the time) (Hi Genny) gave birth to our Son back in '83. At that time we had been on Sydney day staff for about 5 or so years. Genny and I parted company a few years back and I now live in Australia.

I have been reading along with a nonchalant interest. Although I had no beef with Scn, a phone call from my father (who is on Staff ASHO ANZO) changed all that. As a result of that phone call I have decided to take action. I have written him an open letter at http://nzkiwi.biz Feel free to read it. I am sure the powers that be will pass it on.

It would seem that Scn has been around me my whole life. My folks took over the mission in Christchurch NZ from Pat and Harry Bloomberg. David Bloomberg and I spent great times climbing around the Southern Alps of NZ and so Scn was apart of my life from an early age. I did the HAS course when I was 14, went to the first Scn conference held in LA when I was 17 (Genny was doing dental training and the dental board wouldn't let her go to a cult conference, haha)

Of course a great number of years have passed since then. As I had friends both inside and outside of Scn, I had no need to create any disharmony and I was following along my own path, happy in my own progress.

It was interesting when my old man rang me as, here was a guy who was prepared to blow any family relationship (however dysfunctional) with the express desire to prove he was right. He was willing to bring Scn into disrepute to prove himself right and all of his family wrong. He was firing off bullets in all directions. Here was someone calling himself a Scn without any regard for applying the tech in his own case, but demanding that everyone else apply it. For me personally, this action spoke volume's and my past nonchalant attitude seemed so immature for todays world.

But why would any person in Scn want to get me stirred up? In most ways I was a white hat for Scn, I had been in, left and beared no particular grudge and spoke highly of my time there. But I have been stirred up....

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Hello Everyone,

My name is Bill Gray and I have been around the traps for a good many years. Those that may remember me may do so as
Billy Gray Professor of Scientology.
(snip)
But why would any person in Scn want to get me stirred up? In most ways I was a white hat for Scn, I had been in, left and beared no particular grudge and spoke highly of my time there. But I have been stirred up....

Yes, Billy, some of us remember you well. I always think fondly of your old man too, he's a good guy despite scn.
Why would they stir you up? It's what they do, they're on a succumb, they innately know that they need to take themselves out so even their "pro-survival" actions just add up to more succumb.
In a nutshell, they're making enemies a hell of a lot faster than they're making scn'ists and all I have to say about that is, "OK. Continue."

ttamaad

In a nutshell, they're making enemies a hell of a lot faster than they're making scn'ists and all I have to say about that is, "OK. Continue."

Interesting times we live in. I have never seen anybody get smashed around and when its finished, walk away with a smile. (unless its a sadistic smile, of course) You are not going to make a happy planet by pissing people off!!!

Carmel

Crusader
Hey Billy!

Glad you have said who you are, and are truly "out". The more who are "known", and seen on this side of the fence, the better it is in regard to helping others recognise the truth! Many don't have the luxury, privilege or circumstances to come out - your OP here is a real good thing. :thumbsup:

Go ANZO Go!!!
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - oi oi oi!!!

ttamaad

Glad you have said who you are, and are truly "out".

Hey Carmel,

Oh, I see, I'm out now :D !!!! only joking, I'll let fly with a bit more as time goes by. Especially around the time I came back over.

Hey we might even be able to get all the trouble makers back together... you know, the ones that LRH referred to as the people he would most want to have on his side because they wouldn't shirk away from a fight

Carmel

Crusader
Hey Billy!

Hey Carmel,

Oh, I see, I'm out now :D !!!! only joking, I'll let fly with a bit more as time goes by. Especially around the time I came back over.

Hey we might even be able to get all the trouble makers back together... you know, the ones that LRH referred to as the people he would most want to have on his side because they wouldn't shirk away from a fight
Yeah well, we haven't got all of them back together yet :giggle:, but we've certainly got a shitload already, that our friends at OSA don't even know about yet! Good times ahead for all me thinks! (good times for "us"...anyway) :coolwink: :happydance:

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome to ESMB!
I'd say making your old man apply Scientology is not only a correct action but totally just.
I'm sorry, I don't remember you but I do remember Bloomburg. :confused2:

I'm a bit surprised to hear you say good things about your time in the Sea Org. Or was that a sarcastic comment?

ttamaad

I'm a bit surprised to hear you say good things about your time in the Sea Org. Or was that a sarcastic comment?

No I wasn't in the Sea Org (they are still waiting for me appear) I was on Sydney Day Staff. Although, at the time, we were probably doing more hours than the SO guys as we had to try and earn a crust as well.

Being on staff was good for the most part. When the end came though, there was nothing that would have kept me in (my ex might disagree with me here :) ) She had just had our son and the ethics officer arrived at our doorstep demanding that she report to post the next morning even though she had a further 2 weeks off (all oked up the lines). The banging on the door woke up our son and my mother-in-law who had come over to help. They all were heading over to NZ for a break and I was heading over a week later for one week (also oked up the lines) Finally the ethics officer left after he could make no headway. About 2am he returned and woke everyone up again and demanded that she turn up for post. I can tell you there was a great deal of upset at all this. The only way the ethics officer would leave was when I agreed to call the Mission that was ordering her back to post so at 2.30am the ethics officer and I went for a stroll down to the nearest phone box. (mobile phones weren't apart of everyones anatomy back then)

What happened next was simply extra ordinary. I talked to the mission 2nd i/c, Sue Bloomberg (as she was then) Now Sue and I had known each other since we were both kids. Although it was her talking this wasn't her as I knew her. I had to either agree to get my wife back on post in the morning or I was, of that moment, declared. I told her that my wife, baby and her mother were getting on a plane the next morning without a doubt. I was promptly told I was a suppressive person and that the declared would be drawn up immediately. I was to report to FOLO ANZO (as it was called at the time) in mest clothes ready for work. I told her that I would be turning up on post in the morning and if she had any problems with that to take it up with my seniors.

After the rest of my family got off to the plane, I turned up to post (on time, by the way) As I was the Supervisor, and I had the What is a Course Policy I managed to keep the dogs at bay. It was so funny despite the stress. They weren't prepared to make a scene in front of the public. So I supervised the course room for a whole week... I was upstat that week so I am holding onto the idea that I, a suppressive person managed to get the stats up in a class 4 org. hehe.

That weekend I left for my weeks holiday

It was over in NZ that the discussion came up around going back. It was decided I would go back, clean up our flat and bring everything home to NZ. We had had enough. So thats what I did,

When news broke that I was in back in town and packing up, Two staff members were there to meet me at the airport. We had a conversation and then my flight was called. They were under orders to stop me getting on the plane. I told them that there was no way I was going to be returning with them and gave them the choice. They took the second option which was to let me take my flight.

Last edited:

ttamaad

Hey Bill did you ever have any thing to do with the Auckland Org while in NZ?

Yeah but only very early on in the piece. I know a few good people there, and a couple of ratbags (my brother is there, Nigel Gray) He is the person I talked about in my open letter http://nzkiwi.biz

I approached Scn to handle him about his behaviour and despite them telling me it was being handled, he has only once broached the subject with my mother and has never made up the damage (a brief conversation is not making up the damage nor is writing an occasional letter)

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Welcome Bill!

You know I think that is the first time I have seen someone turn it around the other way. Very interesting! Instead of playing 'good roads' and being lectured on how one should beg scio for forgiveness, you tell him straight.
Well done. :thumbsup:

ttamaad

Welcome Bill!

You know I think that is the first time I have seen someone turn it around the other way. Very interesting! Instead of playing 'good roads' and being lectured on how one should beg scio for forgiveness, you tell him straight.
Well done. :thumbsup:

Well time will tell if he will apply the tech he so vehemently requires me to apply or abide with... I am abiding with it by asking him to apply it :coolwink:

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious
Hello Bill,
you know you are driving into troubles with OSA a) for writing a letter that creates bad PR for the cult and b) for writing on this forum.

What surprised me is that in your letter you ask your dad to apply conditions and to not talk to others family members but you. It is the way the cult treat people: "You can't talk with anybody except the Justice Chieff until you did A-E steps!"

I would just have said something like "Dear Dad, we don't want to have arguments with you, you are not welcome if you try to force your reality on us. Please talk to us again when you can show respect for our lives, we still love you." or the like.

But by treating him exactly with his own 'tech', maybe that's the correct thing to do. Lets see ... :)

Meanwhile, I happy you are here! :happydance:

MarkWI

ttamaad

Hello Bill,
you know you are driving into troubles with OSA a) for writing a letter that creates bad PR for the cult and b) for writing on this forum.
MarkWI

Hey, you know what? OSA may have targets on me but in the end, the fact is that people are treated badly and the "tech" isn't applied. I haven't got any beef with OSA or Scn in general but I do have an issue with one rule for some and another rule for others.

I have given my old man a means to apply the tech he wishes to abide with. Lets have a open and free discussion but I aren't going to back down when someone threatens a noose around my neck. Afterall, if the tech was correctly applied, I am an SP, Scn has failed on all accounts. I can accept being an SP to the current "draft" of what is called Scn as that is nothing like what I believe in.

Its time to toughen up, people!

For a dream is only worth living if you are prepared to live it despite everything.

Black PR has two results and I am prepared to accept the backfire. Can Scn accept that the tech must be applied to themselves as well as any rogue has-been? Time will tell

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey, you know what? OSA may have targets on me but in the end, the fact is that people are treated badly and the "tech" isn't applied. I haven't got any beef with OSA or Scn in general but I do have an issue with one rule for some and another rule for others.

I have given my old man a means to apply the tech he wishes to abide with. Lets have a open and free discussion but I aren't going to back down when someone threatens a noose around my neck. Afterall, if the tech was correctly applied, I am an SP, Scn has failed on all accounts. I can accept being an SP to the current "draft" of what is called Scn as that is nothing like what I believe in.

Its time to toughen up, people!

For a dream is only worth living if you are prepared to live it despite everything.

Black PR has two results and I am prepared to accept the backfire. Can Scn accept that the tech must be applied to themselves as well as any rogue has-been? Time will tell

Maybe something's not quite right with the tech. If so you're both playing a game you don't see.