What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
Your the perfect combination-"ESMB/and a FCDC dilletante".
Congratulations-what wonderful credentials.

Plodding my way up the bridge to total status. :p

We were confident and cocky for sure, but that's because we had Mystic leading the way. He is still the only auditor I had that ever LISTENED TO ME!

The Anabaptist Jacques

Completely agree. He did my Method 1 to floating TA. :yes:

Lynn

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey I've got a great story. Who here remembers when most of us (the staff) went together to go see the "The Exorcist?" back in 1973? (I think that was when it was.)

The Anabaptist Jacques

I found the location, in Georgetown. I remember being at the top of these stairs. Do you TAJ?

Georgetown02.jpg

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
I'd think it's a rare 'old-timer' Scn who hasn't been 'declared' somwhere along the line. The lucky ones *stay* declared :)

Zinj

Perhaps one could declare that a declare is sort of like the Declaration
of Independence for the declaree!

Can't help it, but if I keep saying "declare, declare, declare" over and
over again, it starts taking on something of a "French air" to it, like
some sort of thing you'd see in a Paris bake shop. I get mouth watering
visions of some kind of yummy confection... a nice gooey chocolate declare!

So, as far as a scientology declare goes...perhaps we can visualize
it something like the gooey ole Tar Baby in the Jeff Chandler stories;
the sort of thing Brer' Rabbit got stuck in. The scientology orgs are
just full of Tar Babies. Just sitting there waiting to get you all fouled
up if stick your fist in one or even if you accidently brush up against one.
Blasted things are worse than wet paint! At least paint dries after a while...
Tar Babies stay gooey and sticky forever! If you hang around orgs
for any length of time, your bound to have one sticking to you.

Maybe that's why some people stay stuck in scientology...its that
damned tar! Better to stick with Chocolate Declares...the stuff
eventually melts so it can't hold on to you forever. Its digestible
too.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Perhaps one could declare that a declare is sort of like the Declaration
of Independence for the declaree!

Can't help it, but if I keep saying "declare, declare, declare" over and
over again, it starts taking on something of a "French air" to it, like
some sort of thing you'd see in a Paris bake shop. I get mouth watering
visions of some kind of yummy confection... a nice gooey chocolate declare!

So, as far as a scientology declare goes...perhaps we can visualize
it something like the gooey ole Tar Baby in the Jeff Chandler stories;
the sort of thing Brer' Rabbit got stuck in. The scientology orgs are
just full of Tar Babies. Just sitting there waiting to get you all fouled
up if stick your fist in one or even if you accidently brush up against one.
Blasted things are worse than wet paint! At least paint dries after a while...
Tar Babies stay gooey and sticky forever! If you hang around orgs
for any length of time, your bound to have one sticking to you.

Maybe that's why some people stay stuck in scientology...its that
damned tar! Better to stick with Chocolate Declares...the stuff
eventually melts so it can't hold on to you forever. Its digestible
too.

Can I have some of what you're drinking?

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
Can I have some of what you're drinking?

You don't need to drink anything, no thirst quenching quaff, no nectar
of the Gods. Just sit back, relax and enjoy a nice chocolate declare!
It will truly suppress that nagging hunger in the tummy, that empty
feeling, that need for spiritual awakening.

A scientology declare might cost, what...maybe $500,000?
The best Chocolate Declare will set you back maybe $5.00!

I found the location, in Georgetown. I remember being at the top of these stairs. Do you TAJ?

Georgetown02.jpg

Yeah, I've been up and down those steps several times. I used to work in Georgetown alot. Those steps are right near the Exon station just passed Key Bridge. The house at the top of the steps is not the one they used in the movie. The guy had so many people come looking through the windows of his house that he built a big fence in the front.
Deitz and I were thinking of going back to the theater on another night in our minister's garb and stand up at the appropriate time and yell "The power of Christ commands you!" He also had the idea of tossing green oatmeal into the audience when the girl starts to barf on screen.
I walked back to the org with Andrea Lettersse because she was real upset.
Great movie!

The Anabaptist Jacques

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Supposedly the novel's author, William Peter Blatty, was a psychological warfare officer in the military. There is a web site that debunks many aspects of the so-called true stories that the book was based on. The Mount Rainier kid is a good example of urban legend on steroids.

It is still a creepy read which you may want to avoid if in the middle of any major case actions :)

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
FCDC member ca 1972-74

Hi All,
Just found this site (by way of a search for Joan Tourtelot). I was an org guy for a short time...ran Tech Serv as I recall for awhile. Best thing that ever
happened to me was bouncing a $700 check to the org. Lorraine Scheffler had a cow over it and I then vanished. (Had to tell them that "David Barber
died" to make them stop trying to find me.) Anyhoo, I remember John and Maddy Ruane, Jeff Deitz, Lynn Fountain, the Coopers, Greg Wilhere, the Wisners, Gordon Bell, Gyme DeAngelo and Joan. For sure would remember more if reminded. I have had a fantastic life since then and owe none of it to Scn...all to my own hard work and perserverance. When I left I was also nervous as hell that the military would discover my association and revoke my Top Secret White House Access clearance. Luckily the connection was never made, but back then it would have meant my job.

Would love to hear from any who knew me!!
Dave

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Another DB!

Welcome Dave,

Lynn Fountain Campbell posts here and Gordon Bell posts as "Mystic" - I'm sure there are many others too! :yes:

You'r HOME, dude! :happydance: :thumbsup:

EP

I remember you well. If I recall correctly you played the cello and was from Salt Lake City. We did all think you had died. Nice move!
I think Joan Tourtelot is still in Scientology.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
You are correct...I still play cello. I was a member of the US Marine Band for 22 years and then a network admin for a defense contractor. I went to school in SLC where I was introduced to Scn...not from there, however. Grew up in Arlington among other places. I live in central VA now and play for fun. Mostly chamber music with the occasional orch gig. Been playing cello for 46 years now and love it more than ever. Have a fine instrument now that is a joy to play.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good stuff!

You are correct...I still play cello. I was a member of the US Marine Band for 22 years and then a network admin for a defense contractor. I went to school in SLC where I was introduced to Scn...not from there, however. Grew up in Arlington among other places. I live in central VA now and play for fun. Mostly chamber music with the occasional orch gig. Been playing cello for 46 years now and love it more than ever. Have a fine instrument now that is a joy to play.

Hi Dave,

I lived in Hampton for a while and from there got hooked up with FCDC even though it was a bit of a drive. WPRT (Wrong Place Right Time) lives somewhere in central Va, just FYI - she contributes a lot to the board and has posted a lot of her story here.

When you mentioned the joy of playing a fine cello, I just wanted to say that I understand exactly what you mean! When an adolescent, I played the violin (the "Devil's Instrument!) for a few years, starting off with a decent "practice fiddle". Then an uncle who had played with the Hollywood Bowl loaned me an instrument that was French made and a facsimile of one of the famous Strads...WOW! the beauty damn near played itself...he acquired it in Nantes when a soldier in the 1st World War. I returned it about the time I was off to college and had quit playing. I still miss it. :yes: :bigcry: Odd, huh?

Warm regards,

EP

uncle sam

Silver Meritorious Patron
I probably know you!

Hi All,
Just found this site (by way of a search for Joan Tourtelot). I was an org guy for a short time...ran Tech Serv as I recall for awhile. Best thing that ever
happened to me was bouncing a $700 check to the org. Lorraine Scheffler had a cow over it and I then vanished. (Had to tell them that "David Barber
died" to make them stop trying to find me.) Anyhoo, I remember John and Maddy Ruane, Jeff Deitz, Lynn Fountain, the Coopers, Greg Wilhere, the Wisners, Gordon Bell, Gyme DeAngelo and Joan. For sure would remember more if reminded. I have had a fantastic life since then and owe none of it to Scn...all to my own hard work and perserverance. When I left I was also nervous as hell that the military would discover my association and revoke my Top Secret White House Access clearance. Luckily the connection was never made, but back then it would have meant my job.

Would love to hear from any who knew me!!
Dave

Hello-Dave-I was there-more or less when you were there. Everyone you mention was there during my tenure so you must of been there too. Go back-when time is available and read this thread from the beginning and you'll figure out who everyone is- if you have an interest. Have a good time.

I am taking the liberty to post a quote from a different thread. It was posted by Uncle Sam. I feel that it is appropiate for this thread because even though we talk on this thread about the good ole' days and our experiences, let us not forget that we were unknowlingly contributing to the creation of a monster that continues to destroy lives.
Here's the post:

Gee- Michael Wisner is a new OT 8 --i remember when he was Booby Wisner and a "wog"-my how time flies when you are crossing the bridge. One thing to know about him is his son Gregor Wisner [google-Gregor] died by suicide/drugs. And Herb Zerden [google this muther fucker] was Gregor's' step dad. Gregor had the mis fortune of having 2 of the biggest dickheads on this planet as "dads"! But-Michael is being honored for being such a big theatan at lrh's birthday party. Wow!! I wonder what Gregor would think about his famous Dad??? I know what I think and it ain't pretty!!!!!

And for the chorus still singing the praises of Scientology remember Gregor Wisner and all the other unknown and unseen victims in your song.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Status
Not open for further replies.