What's new

Received a Staff contract in the mail !

BAYCB

Patron with Honors
Received an unusual letter in the mail today from my local org. A piece of promo "auditor wanted" and a staff contract.... Nothing else was in the envelope. Very strange.

It's been over 30 years since I last saw a contract. Was looking it over and found these sections interesting:

I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT ALL CHURCH STAFF MEMBERS INCLUDING MYSELF,ARE MEMBERS OF A RELIGIOUS ORDER; THAT THEY SERVE PURSUANT TO THEIR RELIGIOUS OBLIGATIONS AND NOT IN CONTEMPLATION OF RECEIVING ANY COMPENSATION WHATSOEVER, AND IN DOING SO THAT THEY ARE FORSAKING ALL COMMERCIAL AND FINANCIAL MOTIVATION. PLEASE INITIAL ____

EACH CONSIDERS HIMSELF/HERSELF A VOLUNTEER TO CREATE A BETTER WORLD, AND UNDERSTANDS THAT HE/SHE IS NOT AN EMPLOYEE, I.E. IS NOT ENTITLED TO RECEIVE SECULAR BENEFITS SUCH AS A MINIMUM WAGE OR OVERTIME COMPENSATION. PLEASE INITlAL ____

So if you sign this doc you are basically saying you will work for the church for NOTHING.....and you are entitled to NOTHING.

And further down in the contract:

2. HOLIDAYS: Two (2) service weeks per year after one year's continuous active service, for Class V org staff and three (3) weeks per continuous active year for SeaOrg Members.

3. SICKLEAVE: 2 days non-accumulative in every full calendar month, upon presentation of a doctor's certificate.

In my 13 years of staff I received only one week of vacation. (unpaid of course) and never received any sick days.

And finally this section:

10. ASSOCIATION WITH INDIVIDUALS NOT IN GOOD STANDING. During my service as a staff member, I agree not to knowingly associate, in any way, with former parishioners of the Church or any other Scientology organization who are either no longer in good standing, or have been expelled or have been declared.

If the church has officially cancelled its disconnection policy, doesn't this statement show that they are lying?

An individual could be a son, daughter, wife, husband... there is no distinction made here.

Not only does the COS want public to donate money for bogus buildings and projects, they want their staff to work for free.

This is sad..... who in their right mind would sign a contract like this? hey... maybe there's an answer there.

Ron Minor

This is sad..... who in their right mind would sign a contract like this? hey... maybe there's an answer there.

That is very important component in the process, they do not want people who are capable of thinking rationally, they want people who are desperate and will allow themselves to be abused then ask for more ... it is a cult after all.

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
Received an unusual letter in the mail today from my local org. A piece of promo "auditor wanted" and a staff contract.... Nothing else was in the envelope. Very strange.

It's been over 30 years since I last saw a contract. Was looking it over and found these sections interesting:

I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT ALL CHURCH STAFF MEMBERS INCLUDING MYSELF,ARE MEMBERS OF A RELIGIOUS ORDER; THAT THEY SERVE PURSUANT TO THEIR RELIGIOUS OBLIGATIONS AND NOT IN CONTEMPLATION OF RECEIVING ANY COMPENSATION WHATSOEVER, AND IN DOING SO THAT THEY ARE FORSAKING ALL COMMERCIAL AND FINANCIAL MOTIVATION. PLEASE INITIAL ____

EACH CONSIDERS HIMSELF/HERSELF A VOLUNTEER TO CREATE A BETTER WORLD, AND UNDERSTANDS THAT HE/SHE IS NOT AN EMPLOYEE, I.E. IS NOT ENTITLED TO RECEIVE SECULAR BENEFITS SUCH AS A MINIMUM WAGE OR OVERTIME COMPENSATION. PLEASE INITlAL ____

So if you sign this doc you are basically saying you will work for the church for NOTHING.....and you are entitled to NOTHING.

And further down in the contract:

2. HOLIDAYS: Two (2) service weeks per year after one year's continuous active service, for Class V org staff and three (3) weeks per continuous active year for SeaOrg Members.

3. SICKLEAVE: 2 days non-accumulative in every full calendar month, upon presentation of a doctor's certificate.

In my 13 years of staff I received only one week of vacation. (unpaid of course) and never received any sick days.

And finally this section:

10. ASSOCIATION WITH INDIVIDUALS NOT IN GOOD STANDING. During my service as a staff member, I agree not to knowingly associate, in any way, with former parishioners of the Church or any other Scientology organization who are either no longer in good standing, or have been expelled or have been declared.

If the church has officially cancelled its disconnection policy, doesn't this statement show that they are lying?

An individual could be a son, daughter, wife, husband... there is no distinction made here.

Not only does the COS want public to donate money for bogus buildings and projects, they want their staff to work for free.

Ron Minor

At least they are being honest about the no pay policy.

You should send the "disconnect " section to the media. That absolutley shows that the policy is still in effect.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Get this to the press...seriously. What is going on? Honestly, it's like they are obsessed with footbulleting themselves to death at this point. Uh...I'll take it.:D

skydog

Patron Meritorious
It is too bad that the local orgs do not have access to the high priced legal advisors that are fighting suppression for the mother church. The contract is legally unenforceable.

BAYCB

Patron with Honors
Very odd and interesting that you got one in the mail.

Usually I just get the same old crappy promo's. It is pretty strange that they just sent a contract with no letter or reason why.

I do know they are desperate to start their Ideal Org soon. But I don't think this approach is going to work.

Ron Minor

OTBT

Patron Meritorious

Interesting. Can you scan and post this staff contract? It sounds like it might be a newish version.

byte301

Crusader
Sounds like they are trying to skirt the fair labor laws and lolsuits coming their way.

Don't think it'll work for em. I used to volunteer at the VA hospital. They never told me when I had to be there, and when I could take a vacation! hahaha It was all up to me as any volunteer job usually is, thus the word VOLUNTEER!

BAYCB

Patron with Honors
Interesting. Can you scan and post this staff contract? It sounds like it might be a newish version.

Here you go..... have to break this up into pages due to the size limit for uploads. Here is page 1 of 4

Ron Minor

Attachments

• Staff Contract pg1.pdf
    218.4 KB · Views: 33

BAYCB

Patron with Honors
great leak! please give the rest of the pages. I am tranferring them to WWP, hope you dont mind?

Don't mind.... I'm still learning my scanning software... here is 2 page of 4:

Attachments

• Staff Contract Page 2.pdf
    90.2 KB · Views: 22