What's new

Intro

Elli Fordyce

Hi Guys:

I was hard-core from end of '66 (in Miami) to early '80 (in NY). I spent time on staff at Miami Org (early on), helped with groundwork in P.R. for an eventual center, CCLA (a year); for training and auditing in addition to those was at "Geltman's" in NY, a bit at a L.V. center and at one in Houston. I got quite a bit of auditing at Flag in the late '70s and did OT II-IIIx at AOLA. In between there were the Super Lit, 3 Dianetics courses, HQS, a Class 0 completion, Tech TRs at Flag and did some admin training. I lived, breathed, ate and slept Scn. for 14 years. During the "schism" around '79-'80 it was easy to see what was going on and I was happy to later find a group publishing a newsletter for those who had left. A SO friend I'd known hangin' at CCLA in '69 and met again in NY after he'd left a healthy stretch in the RPF w/ nothing but the clothes on his back, taking a bus south so he wouldn't be caught and dragged back to Flag, helped me by answering my questions from his own experience as I started to question more. Reading "LRH: Messiah or Madman?" and "The Barefaced Messiah," and comparing notes with him, was really helpful. But it ain't easy. We were so brainwashed and the stuff is used so incidiously and invisibly with so much right mixed in (can you spell "alloyed"?). Since 1981 I've dabbled and squirreled to my heart's content and have used what I'd learned and experienced to cherry pick and mix with some of the really great stuff out there. For example, I just started working with a wonderful intuitive healer who reads energy and helps you release it on a very profound and subtle level. She also listens and duplicates as well as any trained auditor I've known. Perfect combination. And the prices is right.

I sing jazz with a very wise former staffer from NYO and we have great discussions. He's really good at indicating truth and authenticity in a simple and direct way.

I never wanted to throw out the baby with the bathwater while I've met and found some wonderful teachers and teachings with a great deal of integrity or which provided me with further tools for using what I know and helping self and others.

Probably the "squirrelyest" thing I've done (being solo trained), was, without a meter, running ARCx on myself, or "remotely" on others. So quick, easy and works gangbusters!!! Tee-hee.

I'd love to hear from anyone from the "old days" who remembers me as fellow-student, -staffer, a jazz vocalist, letter reg -- whatever. It would be fun to compare notes.

Best,

Elli
[email protected]
follow me on http://www.twitter.com/ellifordyce

Hi Guys:

I just started working with a wonderful intuitive healer who reads energy and helps you release it on a very profound and subtle level. She also listens and duplicates as well as any trained auditor I've known. Perfect combination. And the prices is right.

Welcome

I wondering what type of technique does she use, or is it something she came up on her own?

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome aboard. Hope you are happy here. And tell your story when you are ready. We love stories.

Mystic

Crusader
Welcome to The Board, Elli. I was a 35-year implantee: staff, training, oaftee and all that discordant non-jazz.

Yes, there are some wonderful healers in the world who can do more in a 15-minute mumbo jumbo than an entire AOLA or FLB for 6 years.

Terril park

Sponsor
Hi Guys:

I was hard-core from end of '66 (in Miami) to early '80 (in NY). I spent time on staff at Miami Org (early on), helped with groundwork in P.R. for an eventual center, CCLA (a year); for training and auditing in addition to those was at "Geltman's" in NY, a bit at a L.V. center and at one in Houston. I got quite a bit of auditing at Flag in the late '70s and did OT II-IIIx at AOLA. In between there were the Super Lit, 3 Dianetics courses, HQS, a Class 0 completion, Tech TRs at Flag and did some admin training. I lived, breathed, ate and slept Scn. for 14 years. During the "schism" around '79-'80 it was easy to see what was going on and I was happy to later find a group publishing a newsletter for those who had left. A SO friend I'd known hangin' at CCLA in '69 and met again in NY after he'd left a healthy stretch in the RPF w/ nothing but the clothes on his back, taking a bus south so he wouldn't be caught and dragged back to Flag, helped me by answering my questions from his own experience as I started to question more. Reading "LRH: Messiah or Madman?" and "The Barefaced Messiah," and comparing notes with him, was really helpful. But it ain't easy. We were so brainwashed and the stuff is used so incidiously and invisibly with so much right mixed in (can you spell "alloyed"?). Since 1981 I've dabbled and squirreled to my heart's content and have used what I'd learned and experienced to cherry pick and mix with some of the really great stuff out there. For example, I just started working with a wonderful intuitive healer who reads energy and helps you release it on a very profound and subtle level. She also listens and duplicates as well as any trained auditor I've known. Perfect combination. And the prices is right.

I sing jazz with a very wise former staffer from NYO and we have great discussions. He's really good at indicating truth and authenticity in a simple and direct way.

I never wanted to throw out the baby with the bathwater while I've met and found some wonderful teachers and teachings with a great deal of integrity or which provided me with further tools for using what I know and helping self and others.

Probably the "squirrelyest" thing I've done (being solo trained), was, without a meter, running ARCx on myself, or "remotely" on others. So quick, easy and works gangbusters!!! Tee-hee.

I'd love to hear from anyone from the "old days" who remembers me as fellow-student, -staffer, a jazz vocalist, letter reg -- whatever. It would be fun to compare notes.

Best,

Elli
[email protected]

You connected to Beth Fordyce?

Wisened One

Crusader
Hey and :welcome2: to ESMB!

I was at West Palm Beach Mission Fdn Staff Member from about 1990-1991, then Full, Fulltime Staff at Miami Org from 1992-1995. We (hubby and I were both Miami Staff in Div 6 together) blew in 1995, then we *left* scn for good in 2004.

Glad to see others here who've been there, too! :thumbsup:

Michelle

lkwdblds

Crusader
Hi Guys:

Best,

Elli
[email protected]

Elli Fordyce: Your name is very familiar to me but I can't place the face. I was CCLA public from Oct 1970 to Oct 1971 and Sea Org Staff there from Oct 1971 to Oct 1973, went to the Apollo from Oct '73 to Dec '73 and left the Sea Org from there. I was CCLA public again in '74 and 75 and AOLA public in 75 to 77 for processing and trained at ASHO weekends from 1976 to 1983. I wrote my whole story called "The Old Days - Aboard the Apollo - 1973" I wrote about my experience at the Apollo first back in March of this year and then added a long prequel about my experience at CCLA, which is kind of still being added to.

You were very well known around the Org and your name is so familiar but I do not think we were ever friends. There is a good chance I was on course with you. As far as Jazz musicians, I remember well the auditor Don Baaska and his 2D, Vallie Scavelli, playing jazz often at the Centre. I also ran into them playing various places around L.A. including a big Hotel in Long Beach right next to the Queen Mary. Did you know them well? As for Letter Reg, I remember someone named Shareen Stewart doing that post for a long time. I listed all my favorite CCLA staff members on my website. One guy, my favorite Registrar, was Hector Carmona. I was told he attended Judy Many's book signing only about a week ago, so he is still around. Did you ever go down to the ships, the Excalibur and the Bolivar?

Please do a reply email to me or send me a private message if you like and I will divulge my name, though it was not a household word type of name there at the time. It would be fun to compare notes with you!
Lkwdblds aka Lakey

FreeTheta

Patron
We were so brainwashed and the stuff is used so incidiously and invisibly with so much right mixed in (can you spell "alloyed"?).

Welcome, Elli.

I found your allusion to the subtle mixture of truth and lies, which Scientologists have been consistently fed and your designation for it as (“alloyed”) most perceptive and (for me, at least) spot-on.

I suppose that when we each finally realized that we had been lied to on so many levels, for many of us the full and epic scale of the real betrayal at the hands of CoS became breathtakingly clear.

CoS might note that those supposedly dealing in “truth”, dispense lies at their own, ultimate peril.

Hope to hear more from you soon!

xenusdad

Patron with Honors
yay!

a squirrel and an sp, not bad, not bad at all...

i'm just an sp cos i couldn't be arsed sqirrelling a lying no-good conmans so called tech...

but... and yes i agree there is some workable stuff out there if you need it...

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome

Welcome to the board! I also left in 1980 not because of the 'schism'. I left after being in the SO for 6 months and seeing how 'real' OTs worked. Not so good.

Glad you are here. :)