What's new

One of my finest hours in the S.laves O.rg

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
The hook

I posted this under another thread in the LRH catagory, but I thought it might be of interest to some here. It's a real fond memory for me that I'm still proud of:

I remember one of my finest hours when I was in the S.laves O.rg when I pointed out a huge contradiction in logic;

I was told that I couldn't have libs (liberty; a day off) because my stats where down (statistic; number of exams given.) This entailed putting someone on the E-meter for a few seconds and observing the needle in your peripheral vision while looking at the person. The thing was, I had been posted as 'The Examiner' right out of the EPF (Estate Project Force; basically S.O. boot camp). Well, I think I expedited for a few days, or something, but the point is, I had very little tech training and virtually no auditing.

I was told that I'm responsible for my stat, however I couldn't solicit anyone for an exam even if I had a reason. As a matter of fact I wasn't to speak to anyone coming around for an exam, except to thank them, and tell them their needle was floating.

I was told by my senior I should just 'make it go right' and help get the org's stats up. I pointed out that If I was already so 'OT' that I could make something like that happen from sitting in a closet without talking, with very little training or auditing, why the fuck would I need Scientology in the first place?

She responded with some lame thought-stopping concept like 'stop nattering' or, 'no case on post'. Yeah, right.

The truth was; they just applied this narrow-minded stupid policy to everyone, whether it made since or not, because Laffy 'the Lips' Hubbard could never be wrong about anything!

I knew it was bullshit then, I just hung around because I thought they had some powerful secret info about how to operate outside your body. Turns out they don't. Less than the crudest of occult traditions out there.

The same hook kept me around ... that is, thinking that they were able to get someone to the point of being able to operate exterior, as in the old OT6, also known on the bridge chart of the early seventies as OTE or Operating Thetan Exterior. There were a number of OT6 and OT7 people on staff at the San Francisco org back then that I admired and respected and couldn't picture these people doing a false attestation nor could I imagine that they would be deluded to the point of believing they had the eepee of the old OT6 and OT7 without being able to prove it to even themselves nor was I familiar with the "you have a hidden standard" bullshit, as in, I believed that the bridge would deliver the stated eepees, after all, all those folks attesting ...

Anyways, I hung around for the carrot of oatee from 74 thru 81, from 76 onward at a mission in Groton CT. It's a powerful carrot. It is amazing what bullshit people will put up with to get at that carrot and how many contradictions and how much doublethink you will endure when you are intent on that carrot.

Pete

T

TheSneakster

It would help my understanding of where this fits in with the overall scene, if you would please give the time period and location where this occurred. Of course, I don't expect you to break personal security, if that is important.

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous.

This would have to have been sometime in 1980 at ASHO day at big blue in Hollywood.

Well now, at that time, I was working in Hubbard E-Meter Manufacturing in Publications Org US which was, at that time, a "section" in the ASHO Day Dissemination Division.

I've very probably had exams from you. :thumbsup:

I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Rmack,

Are you still getting phone calls?

I'm not sure, as some of them had the same area code as some other telemarketers, and we don't answer. They haven't left any new messages, however.

I gave the last couple a pretty hard time, as I reported in previous posts, so maybe I finally got put on the no-call list.

And, per your earlier question about going from Bent's Riverside Mission to the S.laves O.rg, it would be pretty hard to piece it together from my other posts, so in a nutshell;

I left the mission before my five years was up (I'm not going to say 'blow' they can blow me.).

I had a friend when I lived in Redondo Beach in the late seventies that started having some really weird mental problems. Still being a believer, I took him down to the local mission to see if they could help him out. What then ensued was pretty bizarre.

Someone at the Redondo mission told me that they weren't able to handle him, as he had had government drugs and hypnosis performed on him.

Say what? I thought.

They told me that he told them that he worked on secret electronics projects when he was in the Air Force, and they had drugged and hypnotized him to keep silent about it, and the only people who might be able to help him were in L.A..

I wound up taking him to Big Blue, and I'm not sure what happened to him. He probably got blew off as he didn't have much money, but they thought I was a great candidate for the Sea Org. I was sucked in by the usual promises of all my needs taken care of; room, board, small allowance, medical, dental, and my whole bridge awarded!

Since it didn't look like I would ever come up with the kind of bucks the whole bridge cost being a carpenter, I thought this would be the way to go! They of course reneged on just about everything, unless you counted being packed into a small room with seven other guys, and being fed beans and rice 'room and board'.

As a side note; no matter what science fiction fantasy bubble the clams live in, in the real world both sides of a contract have to fulfill their agreements, or the contract is null and void. So, if any of them ever suggest that your 'billion year contract' is still valid, tell them to kiss your ass.

And don't let them tell you that the stuff they reneged on wasn't in writing, so it doesn't count because in the real world verbal agreements are entirely legally binding, especially with so many witnesses to the verbal agreements.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Well now, at that time, I was working in Hubbard E-Meter Manufacturing in Publications Org US which was, at that time, a "section" in the ASHO Day Dissemination Division.

I've very probably had exams from you. :thumbsup:

I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

Probably. John Lennon look alike with shoulder length hair, full beard, and round, wire frame glasses?

Every now and then I see pictures of people that look vaguely familiar when I browse ex-Scio sites, and you are one of them!

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
The same hook kept me around ... that is, thinking that they were able to get someone to the point of being able to operate exterior, as in the old OT6, also known on the bridge chart of the early seventies as OTE or Operating Thetan Exterior. There were a number of OT6 and OT7 people on staff at the San Francisco org back then that I admired and respected and couldn't picture these people doing a false attestation nor could I imagine that they would be deluded to the point of believing they had the eepee of the old OT6 and OT7 without being able to prove it to even themselves nor was I familiar with the "you have a hidden standard" bullshit, as in, I believed that the bridge would deliver the stated eepees, after all, all those folks attesting ...

Anyways, I hung around for the carrot of oatee from 74 thru 81, from 76 onward at a mission in Groton CT. It's a powerful carrot. It is amazing what bullshit people will put up with to get at that carrot and how many contradictions and how much doublethink you will endure when you are intent on that carrot.

Pete

Indeed, my friend, indeed.

Last edited:

Lee_from_phx

Patron with Honors
The whole business about everything somehow being your responsibility is just the cult's way of making someone feel guilty for things that they have no control over. It's standard oppressive mind control bullshit. Other cults do the same exact thing.