What's new

EXScn/EXSO in San Francisco Bay Area

yzernow2

Patron
When I left the SO and Scn many years ago I wanted to distance myself, so didn't make an effort to connect w/other EXs once I got settled. There was also no internet back then so it was also much harder to find people. But now I find myself wondering who is out there in the SF Bay Area?

Daisy

Patron with Honors
When I left the SO and Scn many years ago I wanted to distance myself, so didn't make an effort to connect w/other EXs once I got settled. There was also no internet back then so it was also much harder to find people. But now I find myself wondering who is out there in the SF Bay Area?

There are quite a few of us in the SF bay area. Some people are hesitant to use their real names. Maybe if you tell us what mission or org you started in as a start.

Maybe we know each other? My name is Martha and I started in Stevens Creek Mission back in 1975. In for 29 years and got out in May, 2004.

Hope you find some friends.

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
My name is Mac Stevens. I did most of my services at Stevens Creek Org in the 90's. I'm in Oregon, but go back & forth to the SF Bay Area.

:wave:

JackStraw

Dan LaPorte

Got in at Los Gatos, a year or so later went on staff at Palo Alto Mission. Trained on MCSC and Pro Word Clearer at SFO '78/79. Left staff after 5 yrs contract. A couple years later did a few years at Mtn Vw Mission. Then off for a few years 'til Cindy Feshbach opened the "new, New" Palo Alto Mission. Worked there for ten years or so and transitioned to Mtn Vw Org. Lasted there for a couple years and had had enough of it all. Left.

Best,

Jack
(I like my nick, I'm a DeadHead, after all. Longer than a scio.)

Dan LaPorte

Got in at Los Gatos, a year or so later went on staff at Palo Alto Mission. Trained on MCSC and Pro Word Clearer at SFO '78/79. Left staff after 5 yrs contract. A couple years later did a few years at Mtn Vw Mission. Then off for a few years 'til Cindy Feshbach opened the "new, New" Palo Alto Mission. Worked there for ten years or so and transitioned to Mtn Vw Org. Lasted there for a couple years and had had enough of it all. Left.

Best,

Jack

Dan,

Were you an auditor at the PA mission on ECR?

Is Robin still there?

What happened to the place, it shrunk and then moved to the hole in the wall, and there's never more than five cars there any day of the week.

Last edited:

JackStraw

If ECR = El Camino Real then yes. I was an auditor there.

I started as a sup. Have to have a sup to open a mission.

Because I signed on, Cindy was able to open. She being an auditor and a C/S. After a (fairly) short time we moved to bigger quarters, hired more staff and in 2000/2001 we won the mission B'day game.!:happydance: Cindy (and Joe) brought all of us to Flag for the BIG EVENT!

Then she opened the new SF mission (taking a couple key staff) BIG violation of "don't unmock a working installation". (I suspect DM pushing help to Jenna Elfman)

Anyway, since, SF has "expanded" twice to smaller quarters.

Most recently, Palo Alto Mission has also "expanded" to smaller quarters.

Regarding Robin, I, respectfully to her, acknowledge she has suffered (in the last couple years) the most grievous loss of both her younger son and her husband (Grant, the son and Rod, her husband) to cancer. :bigcry:

All these people, Robin, Grant, Rod, Cindy, Joe and all the rest I love completely. They are the best people you would ever want to know.

Of course, since I posted here, they all have been told I am a member/supporter of anonymous and therefore an evil enemy of Sci/and them etc. (all without a court, comm ev etc)
Jack

JackStraw

God, all of a sudden this hurts.

All these people are trying to do the very best they can to help their fellow man. As I tell this I feel so sad for them.

I'm over it, but these guys are all trying so hard to help so much and for so little for themselves...:bigcry:
It's sad.

Jack

God, all of a sudden this hurts.

All these people are trying to do the very best they can to help their fellow man. As I tell this I feel so sad for them.

I'm over it, but these guys are all trying so hard to help so much and for so little for themselves...:bigcry:
It's sad.

Jack

Everyone everywhere is always doing the best they can.

Regarding Robin, I, respectfully to her, acknowledge she has suffered (in the last couple years) the most grievous loss of both her younger son and her husband (Grant, the son and Rod, her husband) to cancer. :bigcry:

All these people, Robin, Grant, Rod, Cindy, Joe and all the rest I love completely. They are the best people you would ever want to know.

Of course, since I posted here, they all have been told I am a member/supporter of anonymous and therefore an evil enemy of Sci/and them etc. (all without a court, comm ev etc)
Jack
I would be psychotic crazy if any of my kids died. Is there anything a friend can do for her?

Dan LaPorte

Best,

Jack

Can you bring me up to date on mission holders / org EDs?

who had the
Los Gatos, Palo Alto, and MV places?

JackStraw

Can you bring me up to date on mission holders / org EDs?

who had the
Los Gatos, Palo Alto, and MV places?

Not sure about LG. Last I heard it was run by some SO peeps.

PA is all Cindy, all the time. (She was the only one who could have gotten me back on staff at that time. She I trusted to do Scn. as I thought it should be-and she DID!)

As to MV, that is Jan Silber nee Ratcheff, as ED. There is the org and the "Life Improvement Center" on Castro St.Div. 6 feeder to the org) that someone reported is open only (very) frequently.

Got to say, Jan is a lovely being, as well. No missions in MV, just the org.

Jack

thanks.

Who had those places when you started?

Was it Joey or Alan and Jerrye at Los Gatos?

Phil Spickler, Sarge, or ? at Palo Alto

Penny at MV?

Not sure about LG. Last I heard it was run by some SO peeps.

PA is all Cindy, all the time. (She was the only one who could have gotten me back on staff at that time. She I trusted to do Scn. as I thought it should be-and she DID!)

As to MV, that is Jan Silber nee Ratcheff, as ED. There is the org and the "Life Improvement Center" on Castro St.Div. 6 feeder to the org) that someone reported is open only (very) frequently.

Got to say, Jan is a lovely being, as well. No missions in MV, just the org.

Jack

Cindy, married to Joe and Jan married to Marc. Neither lives in poverty. Having money can sometimes buy sanity. And all of those people were nice people to begin with. I haven't heard, how is Blake's marriage doing?

JackStraw

It was Joey in LG when I started.

When I went to PA Sarge Gerbode was the (absent) MH.

Gerold French was acting MH/ED.

Marc Silber had the MV mission when I joined there.

Then it was Cindy in the new, new PA mission, and then Jan Silber at MV Org (after Marc/Penny-Jan/Jerry swapped spouses:omg:)

Jack

JackStraw

Cindy, married to Joe and Jan married to Marc. Neither lives in poverty. Having money can sometimes buy sanity. And all of those people were nice people to begin with. I haven't heard, how is Blake's marriage doing?

Sorry, no data about Blake.

Cindy used to joke that (when stats were not so good) that she could sit by the pool with a drink in her hand and pay someone to do the bridge and make more clears than we were likely to make at the rate we were going!!:dieslaughing:

Jack

It was Joey in LG when I started.

When I went to PA Sarge Gerbode was the (absent) MH.

Gerald French was acting MH/ED.

Marc Silber had the MV mission when I joined there.

Then it was Cindy in the new, new PA mission, and then Jan Silber at MV Org (after Marc/Penny-Jan/Jerry swapped spouses:omg:)

Jack

Sarge was at Flag getting auditing. Gerry and Sarge have been friends since boyhood.

Was Marc still called Boonie?

will you check your PMs?

Jack,

Do you remember Brian Shaffner from Mountain View? I think he was public.

He is an auditor and course sup at Alan Walter's center in St. Jo, TX.

Anonycat

Crusader
In the Bay Area, there are exes. ex-staff. "old guard", long time critics, Sea Org exes, and any/all might be protesting with Anonymous who are comprised of that and more.

Daisy

Patron with Honors

I started as a sup. Have to have a sup to open a mission.

Because I signed on, Cindy was able to open. She being an auditor and a C/S. After a (fairly) short time we moved to bigger quarters, hired more staff and in 2000/2001 we won the mission B'day game.!:happydance: Cindy (and Joe) brought all of us to Flag for the BIG EVENT!

Then she opened the new SF mission (taking a couple key staff) BIG violation of "don't unmock a working installation". (I suspect DM pushing help to Jenna Elfman)

Anyway, since, SF has "expanded" twice to smaller quarters.

Most recently, Palo Alto Mission has also "expanded" to smaller quarters.

Jack

That is terrible about Robin. I was aware of her son's passing but not of Rod.