What's new

Freedom day from SO

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
I have decided tonight to divulge my freedom day this year.
I don't know what will be the final post for that yet, I have been working on it in my head since I thought about it.

It changes, it has morphed in the past week, month, time since I found this board. I can say, ESMB has helped me grasp a hold of more freedom than I thought I had regained on my own.

I guess I needed to view things that happened to others to see how worthless I was to SCN, the Sea Org, and just how much more I am worth to myself, family, and others I know currently.

I don't intend to spill the details, just a few things that have crossed my mind lately. The day is near.

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron
This is a very apt day for this thread to have been brought back into current viewing. I'm glad I saw it as it reminded me of what a special day today is.

Today is the anniversary of a kind of freedom day for me. One year ago today I boarded a plane to come home from one of the most miserable experiences of my life, Flag training. After paying the excess baggage fees at Tampa, I had a grand total of $5.00 US to my name, an Aussie $20 note and 30 hours of travelling ahead of me, but I felt like the richest person in the world because I was FREE. :happydance: At that point I was still in but at least I wasn't trapped in that boot camp/prison type lifestyle any longer.

Cherished

This is a very apt day for this thread to have been brought back into current viewing. I'm glad I saw it as it reminded me of what a special day today is.

Today is the anniversary of a kind of freedom day for me. One year ago today I boarded a plane to come home from one of the most miserable experiences of my life, Flag training. After paying the excess baggage fees at Tampa, I had a grand total of $5.00 US to my name, an Aussie $20 note and 30 hours of travelling ahead of me, but I felt like the richest person in the world because I was FREE. :happydance: At that point I was still in but at least I wasn't trapped in that boot camp/prison type lifestyle any longer.

Wow. I celebrate your freedom today (and yours too, MEST!)

Outethicsofficer

Happy Freedom Day

Just like to say we celebrate this day too, it was around this time a year ago Liz and I made a decision to go and get our daughter out of the SO, one week later we made the road trip to Sydney and pushed the point home. Four days after that she was in the car with her mum on her way back to Canberra. Mission accomplished!

There were freedom milestones along the way, committing a decision to action and leaping forward regardless, the decision that come what may we'd get her out, the decision we'd burn our bridge, the decision to not engage in any of their 'handlings' and so on. So on the 12th February it will be one year precisely since we as a family gained a big chunk of freedom from that church/cult.

We have come such a long way since.

James

It's great to celebrate this freedom with such good company.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Just like to say we celebrate this day too, it was around this time a year ago Liz and I made a decision to go and get our daughter out of the SO, one week later we made the road trip to Sydney and pushed the point home. Four days after that she was in the car with her mum on her way back to Canberra. Mission accomplished!

There were freedom milestones along the way, committing a decision to action and leaping forward regardless, the decision that come what may we'd get her out, the decision we'd burn our bridge, the decision to not engage in any of their 'handlings' and so on. So on the 12th February it will be one year precisely since we as a family gained a big chunk of freedom from that church/cult.

James

Yay to you all! :happydance:

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
the decision we'd burn our bridge, the decision to not engage in any of their 'handlings' and so on. So on the 12th February it will be

I burned the bridge when they changed my path. They had no clue of what went through my mind that day!

Its amazing the growth that comes and is regained in the freedom from Scientology. In the past month I have gone through a fresh wave and that is nearly 20 years out.

I hope you and your family, as well as anyone else, celebrate, remember, and can discuss your freedom day forever. May God bless you and your family.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Today is the day I thank God for every year especially, among the other days of the year for my freedom from that cult.

February 7, 1991 was my day, the day I walked free out the doors of CLO EUS. I had my boxes piled up from the reception desk and in a straight line back through the entry way for anyone coming and going to see as I piled them into the van my friend brought to load my stuff and leave.

Nobody searched my boxes, nobody sec checked me. A few people questioned what was going on and I said, "I am leaving."

The first thing we did before leaving NYC was go to a restaurant, of all places one that cooked indian food.
I can't stand curry. I don't remember what I ordered but it was full of freedom seasoning and was the best meal I had had in 2.5 years.

I have been thinking over the past month or so since finding ESMB how my life would have been completely different if I had just blown like I was tempted so many times while in. I could have, I really should have. It would have granted me the same freedom from being chained to them. But, would not have led me to the life I have currently which I love and appreciate, and give complete recognition for the path that God showed me, and absolutely nothing that Scientology had to offer me.

To SCN, I was worthless, my post was required and they just used me to fill the spot. The person they replaced me with was routed out by me a few months earlier as a security threat because he had originated that he was only in SCN to discover what LRH had done so he could invent his own bridge. I don't know how the hell he got back in after he routed out, but on my freedom day he was on my post.

I spent most of my time there programming and networking their computer system. Had I blown, I would not have had that experience that I taught myself through reading manuals, and online help documentation. SCN did not teach me how to do it, I did it myself. They wanted me to do my post, but they all benefited from what I was really doing for them on the computer. (edited info) When I first brought up the idea of me programming their computer system, Carl Askew (CMO) wanted to know why I would want to do that since it wasn't my post. I told him I have programming experience and it would likely save lots of wasted time. He blew later, I did the programming despite their objections, and other than whatever happened after I left, I know I saved them countless upallnighter stat evolutions. (end of edit)

After I left I figured within a month the whole system would crash since nobody there could maintain all the programs I had written and had in place.

I used what I learned, by myself, after getting out to do computer consulting as a way to gain other jobs. Had I blown, I would have done something different, but would have been free likewise. It is hard for me to understand how different my life would have been had I not stayed and worked my plan. I remember just after finishing a program I said to myself, "it is done, please God can you help get me out of here." Very soon after that, maybe a week, God showed me the path when someone broke in and stole a VCR from the dining room. I have no idea who it was or how it happened, but I used that to free me from them.

That morning they woke me up to tell me the VCR had been stolen. It suddenly was a clear vision in my mind exactly how I could use this to get the hell out of there.

They removed me from post and put me on some disgusting MEST work in the boiler room. but the idiots left me on the same schedule hoping to put me back on post. They put me in confusion and expected me to do the formulas to get back there.

I had something else lined up for them though, FO13 which stated that anyone trying to put me back on post would acquire my condition. They tried to put me on the meter to figure out what I was doing, but at the beginning they asked if I had enough food and sleep. I told the auditor I hadn't eaten in days. That was the next step because they stopped the meter session right then and tried to get me to eat something. I refused, they sent me to bed. This went on for days. They thought I was starving. I look the part I was playing very well, I am 6' 7" and I only weigh 150 lbs.

Leaving me on my night schedule was utterly stupid, I went to the kitchen and ate any leftovers I found in the fridge. I also still had complete access to the computer systems, I had so many back door root access identities that they never knew about. I had programmed each of the login identities to scrub the logging history so they couldn't be traced after I used them. I also had a keystroke logging system built into all my programs so I could see what keys anyone typed. Mainly, I used that to fix errors and adjust things for the programs, but it also came in handy if I needed to see what they were doing about me from time to time.

After about 4 or 5 days, maybe a week they were getting worried because they really thought I was starving myself. They called a friend of mine to have him come get me and hold me up in a hotel for a month until I was well enough to return.

The night before he showed up to get me, Incomm called and they wanted me to process some telexes for the Comm chief so they would be on the desks in the morning. That was something they had me do all the time while the Comm chief was sleeping. Incomm didn't know I was off post and in confusion though and locally this time they had the door to the telex computers locked. I dragged a chair over, climbed over the cubicle wall and went to process the telexes. Oh wait, they also changed the passwords so I couldn't do that.

No big deal for me at that point. I won't tell the details of what I did to fix this stop, but I did, no big deal for me at that point, then I processed the telexes, placed them on the desks as Incomm wanted, and told the Incomm guy it was done. That was apparently a big no no on my part because the Comm chief and the CO grilled me to find out how I did what I did. I just acted starved and no intelligencia to convince them that I had no idea how I did it, just "made it go right."

They were yelling back and forth at each other that I could not have possibly done that and they had to find out how I did it. The CO said: "what is he, some 2 bit hacker? How did he do that, Incomm needs to know." (I can assure you, Mr. Henderson, I was way way way more than some 2 bit hacker, had anyone ever paid enough attention to what I can do with computers, too bad you all took it for granted, Your entire staff benefited from my "2 bit" hackery - I am so sure it didn't last much after I left, and oh, btw, if it was all still running, did anyone ever notice the trojans I implanted? I spent weeks testing them.)

The next day, February 7, was the day I walked free.

Thank you God! Thank you to my friend, and absolutely No Thank you to Scientology and the S.O.!

I am free, this is my day, may God show the path to freedom in whatever way to those still imprisoned by SCN and the S.O.

Really, I give my vote to just blowing right now and don't look back. But, if you got a plan going on, do it, make it happen and leave with the knowledge that YOU are in control of your freedom, not them.

May God bless all of the people who need it, and all those on ESMB! Thank you.

I have lots more to this story, but that is what came out of my fingers tonight.

Have a happy Freedom day no matter what day that is for you! I am and have been enjoying mine!

(as Paul Harvey might have added: "heh heh, and now you know the MEST of the story, however, there is quite a bit more, this was freedom day tale")

Last edited:

Miss Pert

Wonderful story ML, looking forward to more.

BTW, what type of snake is that on your av? He's beautiful.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Awesome post, Mest Lover!! :thumbsup:

I'd love to have you work on my team of computer analysts...it sounds like you have a knack with computer systems that I am always in need of. The way you hacked into the SO computers is a great story....something I did once in a job that actually got me a raise for finding a security hole.

Good luck to you and congrats on getting out of the SO.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Awesome post, Mest Lover!! :thumbsup:

I'd love to have you work on my team of computer analysts...it sounds like you have a knack with computer systems that I am always in need of. The way you hacked into the SO computers is a great story....something I did once in a job that actually got me a raise for finding a security hole.

Good luck to you and congrats on getting out of the SO.

I only hacked the 2 passwords for the telex computers to get the telexes to process. The comm chief changed those passwords so I wouldn't have access to that system. That was a different computer system than the Unix network they had that I was Sys admin on for them.

The telex computers were MS DOS based, with Hayes 2400 baud modems to get dialups from Incomm and the Orgs. The Unix computer was an 80mb hard drive system housed in a closet with 2 digiboards that allowed up to 16 terminals. I routed the wiring from the octopus cables into the massive 25 pair phone lines that ran next to the closet down into the utility room in the basement. I could jack into any phone line from the terminal jack there running to anywhere else in the building, I even wired up the reception desk phone to work as a terminal in the network.

While I was there, I taught myself, Unix shell script to get some basic menuing system on their computer, then I taught myself C so I could program the heavy duty stuff like the LRH birthday game program I wrote and the stat evolution program that read the Org stats that came into the telex computer and my program digested the info and made it readable to another program that Erik Knauerhase used to generate the graphs.

I wrote a lot of other stuff both in Unix shell and C depending on the needs of the program. I also wired the network terminals through their phone system so anywhere they wanted to put a terminal all I needed to do was find a pair of empty phone wires near the desk and set it up. All the terminals were Wyse 150, the phone system coincidentally was a Wyse 160 terminal, all they needed was 2 of the wires for a Login to the UNIX computer, though 3 was usable also, but that was a nice match to the tip and ring phone wires at the desks.

Too bad it probably utterly crashed after I left. I was wondering who would get busted off post when it all fell apart.

Their computer system kept me sane! I immersed myself into it to keep my brain working.

I also used to wire up all the phone systems at the NY ORG when they needed to do a boiler room.
They had a huge trunk of just open wiring outside of a window that I could jack into and drag into any room in the ORG. I had always known how to work phone wiring since I used to do installations for a company in the past. I also knew the NY codes to figure out what line was what a punch tool for the terminals, a handset that I built out of a phone CLO had thrown away and had a tone generator to trace the wiring out.

Last edited:

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
:lol: Great story Mest Lover! Oh the irony of a Security Chief just walking out with all his boxes unchecked..

Yes, if they had only looked my oh my what they would have found. tsk tsk on their part :omg:

:shithitfan::typing:

I made such a spectacle of all my boxes in the reception area and the look I had by then (that in itself is a major story), I am sure all they were thinking was get this piece of shit out of here fast before it gets around what is happening. Oh, and the complications of it being stat evolution day didn't help much I am sure.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Mest Lover: HAPPY FREEDOM DAY a week late...........

AWESOME escape story!!!!:woohoo:

A week after was Valentine's day. That day I reconnected with my teary eyed family who could not believe that I came home finally. It took a long time after that to help them understand some of what I went through. I am still explaining up to this past week.

Thank you for your comment.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Tearing down the curtain of fear!

Taking another step today!

I just shared ESMB with my facebook account!
I am not going to hide or setup separate crap to keep
me separate from SCN anymore! I am done with that!

here is what I posted along with that link:

I am coming out of my shell for the past 20 years. I am tired of hiding behind a huge curtain of group induced fear! This is my 3rd step towards my goal of complete freedom! Expect more soon. I was a Sea Organization Member 20 years ago. I was the Security Chief CLO EUS 1989-1991. I despise Scientology for what they did to my life and I despise it even more for what it has done to a vast multitude of others' lives and/or aborted lives. I will not hide anymore from OSA! If you wish to disconnect from me, I suggest you do so, you are not a friend of mine if you follow SCN Policy! If you need more information about Scientology and it's evil practices I suggest you read the message board attached to this post. It is done!