What's new

A DECLARE..SHATTERED CHILDREN..DISCONNECTION

Illegal Alien

Patron with Honors
Many months ago when I got out of Scientology I sent an e-mail to my daughter roughly saying the following:

I told her that I am no longer in Scientology and that the reasons for that are my own (her mother is in a very strong Scientology family). I warned her and said that one day Scientology would ask her to choose between me and Scientology.

I said the decision is yours and whatever decision you make will not change how I feel about you, I will always be your Dad and love you more than anything in this world and am always here for you.

Well, I just got off the phone with my 13 year old daughter who was in tears as Scientology was forcing her to never speak to me again due to the fact that I have been out spoken about my negative experiences in Scientology.

This is what happened.

We have been planning a trip for my two kids from my previous marriage to come out to Australia for a visit. I have sent the air ticket money and visa documents and they were supposed to arrive in early July. They have been excited about seeing Australia and we have spoken about all the things we are going to do.

A few days ago I got an e-mail from my daughter saying she needs to speak to me urgently, so I called and was met with one of the most - in fact the most - difficult things I have been through in my life.

She sounded really down on the phone and I will try to cover as accurately as I can what transpired.

She said she has heard that I am attacking Scientology and she asked if that was true. I asked her who had told her and she said her mother, she said I had been declared a suppressive person by the Church. I told her that I am out spoken about my experiences in Scientology and it’s all based on my experiences and that I am telling the truth. She responded by saying that I am attacking Scientology and that she cannot further her studies in Scientology if I continue to speak out and would be forced to sever all contact with me as per Scientology policy.

I asked my daughter to put her Mom on the phone.

My ex-wife said that two weeks while they were at Scientology in Clearwater, Florida, she was shown my Suppressive Person Declare. This Suppressive person Declare in Scientology terms basically means that Scientology labels you in writing that you are the lowest of the low, a criminal and against the wellbeing of all around you, and they show this to people who know you so that they disconnect from you. The result is nobody and I mean nobody who is in Scientology is allowed to have contact with you at all.

I told her that I have not seen such a declare on me and my ex insisted she was shown this document. I said “well then why have I not seen it?”.

She told me it was not being given to me for media reasons.

I got straight to the point with my ex asking her what that meant for the trip that was being planned. She said she is not sending my kids over anymore as she does not trust me due to me being declared a Suppressive Person.

A heated conversation followed at which point I asked for my daughter to be put back on the phone.

My daughter is now in tears on the phone telling me that I should “Do it for her”

What she means is that I get back into good standing with Scientology. That “if I love her I would handle this with the Church”.

At this moment my heart is being ripped out of my chest.

She is insisting that if I do not she will have to “disconnect” from me otherwise she will not be able to continue in Scientology.

I reminded her about the warning I had sent her months ago.

I told her this is not me wanting to break our bond nor is it you, take a look what your heart says, this is somebody else - the Church - saying we cannot be together. I am not forcing this situation on you and vice versa, Scientology is forcing this on us.

I told her everything that I have spoken out about is from my experience, they are things within the Church that need to change. I told her I do not expect her to understand yet and for that will not get into all the reasons.

I used an example saying: If you are at school and you see a teacher abusing a child and nothing gets done about it and you go to the principal and tell him and he denies it and then the abuse continues. So you then go to the School inspectors to report what you have witnessed and as a result you get expelled from the school as an out of control student.

This is what is happening, I told her I cannot sit and watch Scientology spokes people talk on the TV and know they are lying and do nothing about it.

With tears on her side of the phone and me fighting back my tears she insisted I return and I replied I will not return to Scientology however I respect your decision to continue studying scientology and will not get in the way of that and never have.

I have never told her anything bad about Scientology only that I was out.

I did this specifically as I knew Scientology would pull out their heavy hand and rip another family to pieces.

Well boy was I wrong. They still went ahead, getting a 13 year old girl overwhelmed by tears to call her father and say she will not speak to him again until he is in good standing with Scientology. It’s beyond reason that this could even be asked of anyone let alone a 13 year old girl.

Now my 10 year old son does not get a say in this either. He becomes a victim and maybe not fully capable of understanding what is happening but regardless of how he feels he is forced to lose his father and is helpless to the heavy hand of Scientology.

This conversation went back and forth over an hour and it ended with my daughter well and truly in tears telling me not to contact her until I was in good standing with Scientology.

My heart was literally lying on the floor, shattered, I was deflated and slumped down on the couch.

Do you want to know why we protest, do you want to know why people speak out and risk so much to get the truth of Scientology out there?

Well this story is why we protest, we protest because a “Religious” group has policies and uses them to rip thousands of families in two all in the name of “Religious Freedom”.

You show me another group in this world that forces people to break up the most precious and basic unity there is in this world, the family.

We protest because of the ABUSE and we will not rest until it ends……

FoTi

Crusader
Many months ago when I got out of Scientology I sent an e-mail to my daughter roughly saying the following:

I told her that I am no longer in Scientology and that the reasons for that are my own (her mother is in a very strong Scientology family). I warned her and said that one day Scientology would ask her to choose between me and Scientology.

I said the decision is yours and whatever decision you make will not change how I feel about you, I will always be your Dad and love you more than anything in this world and am always here for you.

Well, I just got off the phone with my 13 year old daughter who was in tears as Scientology was forcing her to never speak to me again due to the fact that I have been out spoken about my negative experiences in Scientology.

This is what happened.

We have been planning a trip for my two kids from my previous marriage to come out to Australia for a visit. I have sent the air ticket money and visa documents and they were supposed to arrive in early July. They have been excited about seeing Australia and we have spoken about all the things we are going to do.

A few days ago I got an e-mail from my daughter saying she needs to speak to me urgently, so I called and was met with one of the most - in fact the most - difficult things I have been through in my life.

She sounded really down on the phone and I will try to cover as accurately as I can what transpired.

She said she has heard that I am attacking Scientology and she asked if that was true. I asked her who had told her and she said her mother, she said I had been declared a suppressive person by the Church. I told her that I am out spoken about my experiences in Scientology and it’s all based on my experiences and that I am telling the truth. She responded by saying that I am attacking Scientology and that she cannot further her studies in Scientology if I continue to speak out and would be forced to sever all contact with me as per Scientology policy.

My ex-wife said that two weeks while they were at Scientology in Clearwater, Florida, she was shown my Suppressive Person Declare. This Suppressive person Declare in Scientology terms basically means that Scientology labels you in writing that you are the lowest of the low, a criminal and against the wellbeing of all around you, and they show this to people who know you so that they disconnect from you. The result is nobody and I mean nobody who is in Scientology is allowed to have contact with you at all.

I told her that I have not seen such a declare on me and my ex insisted she was shown this document. I said “well then why have I not seen it?”.

I got straight to the point with my ex asking her what that meant for the trip that was being planned. She said she is not sending my kids over anymore as she does not trust me due to me being declared a Suppressive Person.

A heated conversation followed at which point I asked for my daughter to be put back on the phone.

My daughter is now in tears on the phone telling me that I should “Do it for her”

What she means is that I get back into good standing with Scientology. That “if I love her I would handle this with the Church”.

She is insisting that if I do not she will have to “disconnect” from me otherwise she will not be able to continue in Scientology.

I told her this is not me wanting to break our bond nor is it you, take a look what your heart says, this is somebody else - the Church - saying we cannot be together. I am not forcing this situation on you and vice versa, Scientology is forcing this on us.

I told her everything that I have spoken out about is from my experience, they are things within the Church that need to change. I told her I do not expect her to understand yet and for that will not get into all the reasons.

I used an example saying: If you are at school and you see a teacher abusing a child and nothing gets done about it and you go to the principal and tell him and he denies it and then the abuse continues. So you then go to the School inspectors to report what you have witnessed and as a result you get expelled from the school as an out of control student.

This is what is happening, I told her I cannot sit and watch Scientology spokes people talk on the TV and know they are lying and do nothing about it.

With tears on her side of the phone and me fighting back my tears she insisted I return and I replied I will not return to Scientology however I respect your decision to continue studying scientology and will not get in the way of that and never have.

I did this specifically as I knew Scientology would pull out their heavy hand and rip another family to pieces.

Well boy was I wrong. They still went ahead, getting a 13 year old girl overwhelmed by tears to call her father and say she will not speak to him again until he is in good standing with Scientology. It’s beyond reason that this could even be asked of anyone let alone a 13 year old girl.

Now my 10 year old son does not get a say in this either. He becomes a victim and maybe not fully capable of understanding what is happening but regardless of how he feels he is forced to lose his father and is helpless to the heavy hand of Scientology.

This conversation went back and forth over an hour and it ended with my daughter well and truly in tears telling me not to contact her until I was in good standing with Scientology.

My heart was literally lying on the floor, shattered, I was deflated and slumped down on the couch.

Do you want to know why we protest, do you want to know why people speak out and risk so much to get the truth of Scientology out there?

Well this story is why we protest, we protest because a “Religious” group has policies and uses them to rip thousands of families in two all in the name of “Religious Freedom”.

You show me another group in this world that forces people to break up the most precious and basic unity there is in this world, the family.

This is so sad. :bigcry: I hope you send this in to Senator Xenophon. Did you by any chance record the conversation with your daughter for Senator Xenophon or others to listen to?

Miss Penguin

Patron with Honors
My heart goes out to you and your kids. I hope you have legal recourse, parental rights, law enforcement on your side etc.

Tearing apart families is unforgivable.

greebly

Patron with Honors
:bigcry:
I don't know the full story leading upto this situation and normally I think a while after first reactions.

But this is sickening.

From a father of two:(

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Holy shit man that is just plain saddening and maddening at the same time, my heart goes out to you Alien, and am tearing up looking at a picture of my own daughter trying to imagine how I'd feel in the same position (I unfortunately can)..... :(
Dirty rotten fuckers for continuing their blatant abuse of family, having the gall to vehemently keep denying it, for even existing at all, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
This Is Why.

Off to the woodshed to beat the crap out of some wood, have a stiff drink and :angry::grouch::angry:
To you OP~ :hug: I hope it works out and daughter comes to realize what is being done to people, I can only hope, for you, for everyone.

Cult and its policies are truly evil and misguided, of this I've had no doubt and my resolve builds with each story like this to see it crash and burn.

RAGE!!!

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
IL, I feel for you. This is a horrible situation for you and your children. I'm sorry you and your children are having to go thru this.

Even if you left quietly and never said a word, I'm sure this would all be happening since you stopped being a good little sheep.

I would check out any legal resources. If you were granted custody or visitation rights in your divorce decree, the CofS cannot change that. It's a legal matter not a church matter.

Wisened One

Crusader

This is what happened.

:omg:THIS IS WHY!!! :bigcry: :angry: :storm:

Thank you, IA :console: for sharing this heartbreaking story and example of WHAT NEEDS TO STOP! NOW!!!!

Div6

Crusader
Write to IJC and DEMAND a copy of your declare. Go to all the media that aired the lies of the CoS that says 'disconnection does not exist' and tell them your story. Disconnection is alive and well.

Breathe.

Decompress.

Share your story.

We are here for you....

Wisened One

Crusader
Write to IJC and DEMAND a copy of your declare.

Go to all the media that aired the lies of the CoS that says 'disconnection does not exist' and tell them your story. Disconnection is alive and well.

Breathe.

Decompress.

Share your story.

We are here for you....

What Div 6 said!! :yes:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
IA, I'm so sorry you are going through this. This is the most horrific thing. As others suggested I would get a consultation with a lawyer and find out what your options are.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Write to IJC and DEMAND a copy of your declare. Go to all the media that aired the lies of the CoS that says 'disconnection does not exist' and tell them your story. Disconnection is alive and well.

Breathe.

Decompress.

Share your story.

We are here for you....

:blowkiss:

Now that things have gone this far and when you feel ready, you may as well do exactly as Div 6 suggests ... you have absolutely nothing to lose (but hopefully much to gain ... eventually).

Turn it into yet another footbullet for the cofs ... the bastards.

:bighug:

Illegal Alien

Patron with Honors

Breathe.

Decompress.

Share your story.

We are here for you....

Lets put it this way.

This has been written in a manner that makes it easy for those not very familiar with scio terms to understand, and there is a reason I did this.
This story has been and is being shared.

Thanks for the kind words.

HI IA,

My heart goes out to you like everyones does. Lossing your children to this cult must be basically the hardest thing to go through.:bigcry: However you have a support network around you and the ability to get the story out there and make the church act. Children of this age should never be seperated from either of the parents for the reason of religious choice. :banghead::banghead:

Do you mind if i share this story with a few groups on Facebook and other online media that i have access to?:write:

Allan

Illegal Alien

Patron with Honors
HI IA,

My heart goes out to you like everyones does. Lossing your children to this cult must be basically the hardest thing to go through.:bigcry: However you have a support network around you and the ability to get the story out there and make the church act. Children of this age should never be seperated from either of the parents for the reason of religious choice. :banghead::banghead:

Do you mind if i share this story with a few groups on Facebook and other online media that i have access to?:write:

Allan

It's all yours, feel free to use it.
Thanks

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
IA, this is heart breaking. I, too, wish you had been able to record the conversation and tears with your daughter who has, so obviously, been brainwashed. And shame on her mother.

I don't know how many declared parents got lawyers and courts to enforce their visitation rights rather than remain victims of the "church." I think, more often than not, that the declared party doesn't wish to "stop" their ex or kids from the bridge if that is what they want (as they usually are not, in fact, SPs) and, so, back off.

I get that you are in Australia and your kids are elsewhere so I don't know how easy it would be for you to get a lawyer and stand up for your parental rights which are the law of the land. Scn. is not above that; they just think they are. And they need to be stood up to in this very manner....with the law. It is the fact that they get away with it that makes them keep doing it.

Imagine if all the declared parents got lawyers and stood up for their parental rights including shared custody and did not let the church get away with this?

I am so sorry this has happened to you. It is heart-wrenching and makes me very angry.

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sad...

So sad, the continuing damage even after we run for our lives and sanity.

My hopes and prayers that your children recieve the chance to be your children again. :yes:

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi IA,
This is such an indictment on the church, what a horrible thing for your daughter to be put through.I am sorry this has happened to your family.
James