What's new

Hi, I'm Reuben Hart. I was in the Smirch of Sinusology from 1970 to 1983.

Clarence Rockaway

Patron with Honors
I was mostly at CCLA where I was out of place. I didn't smoke, I didn't play the guitar, and I didn't say the three mantras 20 times a day...i.e. Far Out! Outta Sight! and Right On! I was Ethics Officer Yeoman to Margaret George which was sometimes interesting. My only win at CCLA was having the women's toilet as my cleaning station. I got 10 dollars a week sometimes, and was asked to give half of that to send Yvonne Gilham and Heave A Wrench to Tahiti for their honeymoon. I attended their wedding. I was sent to the DPF aboard the Excalibur and the Bolivar. I was there when Henry Mancini filmed aboard the Excalibur. Now I can get off my overt. It was I who spilled (unintentionaly) the can of white paint all over the blue deck. But I wasn't the enturbulated droid who put the can on top of the forward hatch, just where someone coming up the ladder was bound to open it. Was I? After I left the cult I went to Santa Barbara and hung around David Mayo's group. Then I went to Vancouver and did TV work for Elsie Griffin's mission. After that I took over PR in Denver with Mike Goldstein. Later Miami. That's about it. R.H.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Reuben

I see you got in just a little before myself and we have been to many of the same places. I have not been to the excalibur nor Santa Barbara, but I too assisted in dumping a pail of paint into the bow of a ship but it was of the Boilvar I believe.

How was it down on 6th? avenue?

Clarence Rockaway

Patron with Honors
Welcome. :) Hope to hear more of your story.
Okay. Forgot to mention that when Yvonne Golem Jentzsch wanted to get me out of the house she made me Amanda Ambrose's communicator. Amanda was way ahead of her time. She used to con people into loaning her money that she never intended to pay back, (God help Frank Graves of the Pan American Bank) and then lie like a rug. I recently found out that she died. That was my second win in Scn. This was even before Little Big Chief Missing Cabbage invented Lie TRs, if he did. Reuben Hart

Clarence Rockaway

Patron with Honors
Welcome Reuben

I see you got in just a little before myself and we have been to many of the same places. I have not been to the excalibur nor Santa Barbara, but I too assisted in dumping a pail of paint into the bow of a ship but it was of the Boilvar I believe.

How was it down on 6th? avenue?
Hi yourself. Do you have a name or email? Reuben

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Welcome Reuben! Your posts have made me LOL several times. I'm sure they've made others cringe.

Welcome aboard!

purple haze

Patron with Honors
Hi Reuben,
So nice to hear from you! I've only heard great things about you from Gary and I look forward to your sense of humor! Aloha, Candy:coolwink:

lkwdblds

Crusader
Hi Reuben - This is your long lost Brother! It is nice to see you "come out" on this forum!! I don't know if you even know that I left the "Smerch". I routed out on a medical leave in 2002 and never went back.

I tell my entire story on a thread here called "The Old Days - Aboard the Apollo 1973". The first 20 pages (out of 1216 pages so far) of this thread concerns me and my personal story. You are mentioned several times in the CC section between pages 5 and 13. I have a top ten section mentioning the best people in many categories.

I name you as the best stand up comedian and also mention you as a linguist, particularly your mastery of Yiddish and Yiddish jokes. I relate stories of Jewish joke telling with you, me and Dan Linker at New York George's restaurant.

Some highligts I mention are the occasion, on the eve of Yvonne's marriage to Heber, when Yvonne thought things were too tame and made the suggestion, "Let's ring up Iris (Reaves) and ask her to come over and sing some "Pussy on the Rooftop". You started laughing so hard that you almost wet your pants and had to excuse yourself from the room. (Of course, Yvonne was serious and not trying in the least to be funny.)

There were two other very funny lines that you uttered when you were being emcee for CC shows. One time you mentioned that there were two huge celebrities who were Scientologists but wanted their identities kept secret. Who were they? Raymond MASSey and Taluhla BANKhead. This one brought down the house!!

The other occasion was when you were Emceeing for the singer Jimmy Spheeris and you introduced him as OT3 and Class 4. You then introduced a couple of other entertainers, maybe Paul Shapiro, Grade V and Class 4 or Sharon Gregg OT I and Class II or somesuch. You then signed off calling yourself Reuben Hart, PTS 3. That one brought down the house, I remember Richard Forbes rolling in the aisles with laughter!!

Speaking of Sharon Gregg, we both loved her rendition of "Son of a Preacher Man". Also, you turned me on to the hit song of that day, "Daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County" down by the Green River in Paradise Cove.

Welcome to this thread! Hopefully, you and I will be able to iron out our differences and reconnect.
Love, your Brother "lkwdblds" aka "Lakey" aka Gary Hart

P.S. - Purple Haze who posted above is Candy Swanson, CC's first Celebrity auditor.

Clarence Rockaway

Patron with Honors
Hi Reuben,
So nice to hear from you! I've only heard great things about you from Gary and I look forward to your sense of humor! Aloha, Candy:coolwink:
Hi Candy. You may not recall, but we often passed in the hall (I don't know of which building), maybe Celebate Centre or Asshole. I knew you were Richard Forbes' auditor. He was nuts about you. And I loved Richard. Is there any greater condemnation of OT III than his dying from it? Carolyn Michel is a friend of mine too, and she's mentioned you a good deal. Thanks for the comm.