What's new

Recent deaths from the inside

skydog

Patron Meritorious
According to The Auditor issue 356, the following people have passed away:

Mary Benepe Rezzonico, died June 12, 2011. New OT VIII, Class VI auditor;
David Gerd Bieringer, died April 21, 2011, age 23;
Edward Dunbar McKenzie, died June 11, 2011, age 61 from BC, Canada;
Robert Meinsma, died March 17, 2011, from Alamada, CA.

RIP

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thank you for sharing. If anyone who is out will now know.

As for David Gerd Bieringer, he died at age 23, what did he die of? Too young to die.

anon2019

Patron with Honors
Thank you for sharing. If anyone who is out will now know.

As for David Gerd Bieringer, he died at age 23, what did he die of? Too young to die.

Car accident
GLENDALE CITY COUNCIL MAY 24, 2011

Mayor Friedman shared information about the Annual ICSC Convention
she attended yesterday with other colleagues in Las Vegas; and
requested that the meeting be adjourned in memoriam of 23 year old
David Gerd Bieringer, who passed away from injuries suffered as a
passenger in a car accident.
City Clerk Ardy Kassakhian mentioned that he had been a judge for
the Senior projects held annually at Clark High School.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
"Tis a fact, I see more scios croaking younger than my friends who have never been near it.

What would worry me IF I was on staff is what are they going to do for me as I get older, have increasing health issues, and can no longer hold a post.

Does that sound like the usual " offload" ?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

RIP

Oh, no, I just saw this.

I'm sad.

Bob Meinsma reached out to me several years ago. He was obviously questioning his involvement in CofS and wanted to discuss it. He poked fun at the OT levels, just a bit. We had a nice conversation. Later,when I tried to recontact him, I found that he'd blocked me. I assumed it was a disconnection. But I never forgot him and I always wondered how he was doing.

Oh, no, I just saw this.

I'm sad.

Bob Meinsma reached out to me several years ago. He was obviously questioning his involvement in CofS and wanted to discuss it. He poked fun at the OT levels, just a bit. We had a nice conversation. Later,when I tried to recontact him, I found that he'd blocked me. I assumed it was a disconnection. But I never forgot him and I always wondered how he was doing.

I don't know the guy. Mary Rezonico was a really sweet woman.

I am sorry for these lost souls, especially when they are Bay Area people, close to my stomping ground.

Evidently, Bob died on his 61st birthday. Looks like he was OTVII.

My great grandfather died on the tennis courts in Pacific Grove, CA at 96 (playing tennis). I plan to follow in his footsteps in another 60 or 70 years, myself. Perhaps, polo, instead of tennis.

Have you seen Tony Bennett? He had a birthday, over the week end. Age is how you feel. One can be old age at 12 or young at 90. It is a matter of attitude.

michele

RIP

I knew Bob really well. He disconnected from me when I left Scien and I never heard from him again. He was a dear friend and I thought about him often through the years. Not sure what prompted me to google him this summer, but I did and learned that he had died. Does anyone know how he died? He was a lot of fun. If there's any truth to the after life theory I sure hope we meet again and have more laughs.

OldTimingMan

Patron with Honors
Was Mary Benepe Rezzonico Bob Rezzonico's wife?

Bob Rezzonico was the Mission ED at the Oakland Calif. Mission in the early 70s.. this until the Sea Org moved in.

I think Bob got declared around that time.

michele

I believe Bob Rezzonico was Mary Rez's husband - she was from the Bay Area originally. We knew her at the SFGO pretty well - I liked her.

Does anyone know how Bob Meinsma died? Was he still married to Janet Meinsma at the time?

Other SF people I would be interested in knowing about - Mike Berman (used to be a CS with the Day Org at SFO), Bob Waldman (we called him Waldo) or Steve Schaefer?

smartone

My Own Boss
"Tis a fact, I see more scios croaking younger than my friends who have never been near it.

What would worry me IF I was on staff is what are they going to do for me as I get older, have increasing health issues, and can no longer hold a post.

Does that sound like the usual " offload" ?

Stress is the cause. Imagine how stressed staffers must be. Poor well-meaning buggers.

wazn

Patron with Honors
I believe Bob Rezzonico was Mary Rez's husband - she was from the Bay Area originally. We knew her at the SFGO pretty well - I liked her.

Does anyone know how Bob Meinsma died? Was he still married to Janet Meinsma at the time?

Other SF people I would be interested in knowing about - Mike Berman (used to be a CS with the Day Org at SFO), Bob Waldman (we called him Waldo) or Steve Schaefer?

Mike Berman is apparently living in Thailand, but is still friends with a lot of current scientologists. He has a FB page.

Waldo - no word.

Steve has a FB page too. Still a scientologist but doesn't appear to be staff.

Rez was a sweetie. Sad.

Bill Titus passed recently too.

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious

I heard, but not confirmed, that Bob had a brain tumor.
He and Janet got divorced a while back and he moved to Arizona. I'm not sure if he moved back. He and Janet had a daughter, Sasha, now Sasha Dorman.
Janet left staff and had a clothing store called First Chop in SF.

Steve Schafer = http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=754408668

No idea about Waldo.

I figure you knew some of the Fdn old timers - Houy, Tolan, Stratton, Refvem, McCracken,etc.

Did Bob Waldman have Mediterranean coloring and long long hair?

How about Jim Vanneir?

Rick Melrose and wife are still in. I see them every so often.

Photo of Jim Vannier (I think) at http://www.myspace.com/stevedodgecds/photos/4055275#{%22ImageId%22%3A4055275}
and
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Vibratos-Ltd/169197026475527?sk=info
I guess Jim's no longer with us.

Wasn't Waldo SFOD staff for a while?

I remember meeting Jim Vannier and Jim Jenkins , the first time, in their little cubicle like room. They were Div 6 at SFO. both had power (the grade) and you could tell. They were very alive and friendly and intelligent. About 1969.

I think Bob Waldman was a Class 4 at SFO day.

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
I remember meeting Jim Vannier and Jim Jenkins , the first time, in their little cubicle like room. They were Div 6 at SFO. both had power (the grade) and you could tell. They were very alive and friendly and intelligent. About 1969.

I think Bob Waldman was a Class 4 at SFO day.

If I remember right, Waldo was good friends with the Qual Sec, Astrid Cordova who later moved to LA.