What's new

A new member from Hungary

Thalkirst

Patron with Honors
Welcome, everyone.

I just joined the forum - I was a lurker up to this day.

A short intro: I was in the Sea Org for about 10 years, mostly in the Hungarian unit called OTL Hungary. I started a blog (it is in Hungarian language) recently to expose the Church and Scientology - the link is in my sig.

It contains a lot of data already on the Church, abuses, structure, local news etc.

As to my story: I am a bit afraid to share this, maybe one day I will share the juicy details.

I had my share of the "standard" abuses.

Any questions about Scientology in Hungary, don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Thalkirst.

Please feel free to post as much or as little as you are comfortable with.

You are with friends here :grouphug:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Welcome, everyone.

A short intro: I was in the Sea Org for about 10 years, mostly in the Hungarian unit called OTL Hungary. I started a blog (it is in Hungarian language) recently to expose the Church and Scientology - the link is in my sig.

It contains a lot of data already on the Church, abuses, structure, local news etc.

As to my story: I am a bit afraid to share this, maybe one day I will share the juicy details.

Welcome aboard.

There will always be questions about the actual state of E-Euro Scn, but, mostly about the 'minister visa' scam.

Take your time though.

Zinj

Thalkirst

Patron with Honors
You mean abusing R-1 and R-2 religious worker visas? :)

FSO recruiters in Hungary had a complete hat pack on how to handle US embassies on this matter.

OSA had all the details on each and every interview the applicants got and they had all the phone numbers and names of all officials.

Also, OSA FLB has some kind of a line to the US Dept of State in case something went wrong here locally.

They drilled the recruits on what to say and kept sending people back again and again to get them out to FSO. Some of them could not even speak English properly.

But around 1996 fortunately some losers who were recruited have completely pissed off the official who handled the visa, so for about 1 year it was pretty hard to get an R1 visa.

It got "handled" by OSA later though.

Zinjifar

FSO recruiters in Hungary had a complete hat pack on how to handle US embassies on this matter.

OSA had all the details on each and every interview the applicants got and they had all the phone numbers and names of all officials.

Also, OSA FLB has some kind of a line to the US Dept of State in case something went wrong here locally.

They drilled the recruits on what to say and kept sending people back again and again to get them out to FSO. Some of them could not even speak English properly.

But around 1996 fortunately some losers who were recruited have completely pissed off the official who handled the visa, so for about 1 year it was pretty hard to get an R1 visa.

That's pretty much exactly what I mean, but, as one of the new members of the far flung ESMB family, we're interested in everything you have to say :)

Zinj

Wisened One

Crusader
Welcome, Thalkirst. I would like to read your site in English, sometime:)

I knew and worked with a nice ex-SO's Hungarian couple. They told me fascinating stories of being in the SO, and of Hungary and their food, etc. They even brought me one of their Hungarian desserts, once. It was like spaghetti noodles (not pasta, something sweet) with some plum sauce over it or something like that. It was pretty good:)

Look forward to reading more of your stories!

Michelle

Thalkirst

Patron with Honors
Well, thanks.

My site in English - well, this is something I have thought about, and you will definitely see some of the content posted here.

Here is the first piece of info.

I attach the picture of the current CO OSA Hungary.

Lovely guy, eh?

He keeps referring to himself as the Chief Minister in the press.

But I think he resembles more like a Chief Inquisitor...

And his appearance is a perfect match to his (nonexistent) manners...

Attachments

• lajos.jpg
    lajos.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 205

Zinjifar

Speaking of Chief Inquisitors;
I think this was the first Scn-related graphic I did back around '95

torqron.jpg

Zinj

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
When I was in LA at Big Blue I knew a lady from Hungry. She was the nicest lady ever and they talked her in to joining ASHO as well. I was kind of sad to see that.

Barb

Welcome, everyone.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Speaking of Chief Inquisitors;
I think this was the first Scn-related graphic I did back around '95

torqron.jpg

Zinj

Where'd you get that picture of Hubbard's face, Zinj? I don't recall seeing it before, and I have seen LOTS of pix of the man.

Paul

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome Thalkirst! I read your other thread too, what a story you have!

There is a poster on OCMB and Enturbulation.Org called "AnonMomAnon" who lives in Clearwater (Flag) and is very concerned for children from Hungary and other European countries. She is working with Amnesty International to try to help families from your area. The critic Shawn Lonsdale (who died recently) took video and pictures of children from your area. I am sure she would love to hear from you...are you registered on those boards yet?

I have been very concerned about Visa abuses by scientology for some years.

I have a lot of information to back up what you are saying here. There was a lot of abuse and inside deals with Embassies, people were drilled on getting B-6 (Visitor) Visas good for 6 months, and if they couldn't extend or marry a US citizen they had to go back, then apply for H-3 (Training) visas, then apply for extension under R-1 (religious) visa. There were many other scams I heard about, though I was not directly on that line. We were told we had to do things this way because there were "SP"s in the Immigration service or Embassies who hated scientology.

Here is a letter I wrote to the authorities for someone who went through all that:

http://www.groupsrv.com/religion/about90264.html

I look forward to hearing more from you, and I hope we can help.

Ladybird

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thalkirst, here is a post to you from AnonMomAnon. Please PM me or reply if there is anything you need!

i'm not a member of exscn.

can you PM or post over on exscn to thalkirst that he needs to send this information by email to [email protected] which is the southern division of amnesty international. they cover the southern division, which is clearwater. HOWEVER, they looked over what we sent them and they have forwarded everything to their national headquarters in nyc.
the email for that is [email protected]

thalkirst CAN remain anonymous...he does not have to include his name. AI is aware of the anonymous group, but they are also used to getting things from people that have to remain anonymous.

i would also suggest that thalkirst contact amnesty international for hungary.

INCLUDE IN EVERY EMAIL THAT THIS IS IN REFERENCE TO THE INFORMATION THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN SENT TO THE SOUTHERN DIVISION ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY/FLAG/CLEARWATER/RELIGIOUS WORKER VISAS/ABUSES. MAKE SURE THAT THEY PUT THAT INFO AT THE TOP: THAT THIS IS SOMETHING THAT AI IS ALREADY LOOKING INTO AND HAS ALREADY BEEN PASSED ON TO NYC AND THIS IS INFORMATION THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDED!

if anyone else in here has ANY information that you know of and are willing to send it on? you CAN remain anonymous.

they are not sure if they can help us or not. they believe us---we had a LOT of good insider info and many of us DID put our names to our statements. they want to help us, but are not sure how they will be able to yet.

the information is at the nyc office right now.

the acting director at AI southern div. will call me as soon as she hears anything back. (i did a follow-up call with her last week and found out that info.)

please forward that info to thalkirst, ladybird? hugs to you, ladybird!! <3

ty ty ty

Zinjifar

I'm interested in what the underlying portrait is. Looks familiar.

Mark A. Baker

Tell you the truth, both Paul and Mark, I'm not sure.

I think the original is Tomás de Torquemada, but, I'm not sure. I used it because neither the cross nor the hand full of cash needed to be altered :)

The Ron pic was just something that was on the web at the time; so, very early.

Zinj

pomfritz

Patron with Honors
Glad to have you here and see there is a critic site in Hungarian. That has got to be one of the hardest languages to learn or speak. it just does not have any familiarity to any other language.

I met many Hungarians at both PAC and Flag. For the most part, very cheerful, funny, open.

One woman I knew at PAC (Esther) left her husband and joined the SO with her daughter. And now she was constantly being handled by Ethics for the sit with her husband, well no shit. Just another example of recruiting any warm body and damn everything else.

One thing that got a lot of play at some events was the mayor of some city in Hungary was a clam and was implementing admin tech throughout the city. Now that I'm out I'm less inclined to swallow that BS whole. Do you know anything about this, perhaps the "rest of the story?" Hungary was supposed to be the first Clear country.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The Ron pic was just something that was on the web at the time; so, very early.
Zinj

Thanks. I had never Googled "L. Ron Hubbard" images before. I don't see that particular one, but there are some interesting ones there now.

Paul

Thalkirst

Patron with Honors
One thing that got a lot of play at some events was the mayor of some city in Hungary was a clam and was implementing admin tech throughout the city. Now that I'm out I'm less inclined to swallow that BS whole. Do you know anything about this, perhaps the "rest of the story?" Hungary was supposed to be the first Clear country.

You mean Gusztáv Rádóczi and the City of Gyömrő? He was and still is a Scientologist. Well, he did such a fabulous job that he was not reelected (when he was elected in 1998, he won with 30,12% of the votes, and in 2002, he got 6,60% of the votes), and he is not involved in politics anymore. From what I've heard, he became a WISE consultant, then failed at it, and then became a private teacher.

I could speak volumes on the "Hungary will be the first Clear country"... It was a kind of mantra to reassure ourselves that despite what stats and reality say, we are well on our way to clear our community.

Don't buy any of that.

Hungary has cca 1200 active Scientologists. No major OLs or anyone like that is involved in Scientology.

The whole Budapest org Saint Hill size thing was one of the most disgusting stat pushes I have ever witnessed.

The chief perpetrator was an Int missionaire call Fred Harris (I think he was a CMOI staff member). He was a PR master though and basically got the entire show together for the finish photo.

One week after the trophy was awarded (and Mr. Harris has left), stat crashed back to the former level, and out of the 20 auditors who were posted (some of them by the most "off-policiest" way you can think of), only a few remained after a while.

We have our ideal org project, the building is bought and the money is there for the renos, but the space planning is bugged with "Int Landlord" (=COB) - well, since March 2006.

Since then the local OT Committee gets projects (like putting the CF in order, completing the Library project), as new invented prerequisites..

I just can't understand how all these people can't see through the B/S....

pomfritz

Patron with Honors
Thank you for that.

Good to know stat pushes and BS PR are not isolated to our corner of the globe.