What's new

OT 8 parents declared Suppressive Persons for refusing to disconnect from son

kate8024

-deleted-
"Piety" has NOTHING to do with Scientology.

Yes I do agree that the traditional definitions of piety have little to nothing to do with Scientology, I was merely using the same wording as the person I was replying to. In that context, in my opinion, 'piety' is probably better read as 'dedication to the teachings and/or organization'.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I can say this about that: while I accepted the premise it was a religion based on it's concept of the thetan, co - existence as theta, the theta universe, the axioms and factors, but it was more of a "modern" religion or even a space themed / whole track religion than traditional, in the sense of prayer, worship etc. god fearing religion. To me it was about spirituality and was more pragmatic - or so I believed.

Like Gadfly, I would cringe when they would hold sunday services, or blather off and on about praying - knowing full well that was a load of PR BS for the wogs and outsiders they were trying to impress.

I didn't mind Hub's music tapes, "Make it go right, that is the way.." etc. but at events or graduations, when some "artists" would start singing shit like "oh Ron, Savior of mankind" and " Let's clear the planet for the old man" all that sticky slimy proto religious music, oh my god - I was embarrassed to be in the room, I felt it was reaching a new low level of crassness, found only at the bottom of the Marina Trench.

Sorry, if I reminded you of something that makes listening to fingernails scratching on black boards seem sublime.

I dunno. That whole OSA fueled waving the religious flag was so false. Why couldn't we be left alone to believe what we wanted without all this crap? It never made sense to me.

ANSWER: Because we were not actually Scientologists, students, truth seekers, group members or even customers. We were marks. Our purpose in being there was to be manipulated and exploited by cult leader(s) for whatever purpose best served their interests.

If that answer is not correct, what is anyone then doing here on ESMB reading this post?

guanoloco

As-Wased
Well, I got in 1986. I wasn't raised as a religious person, so when I started I read dianetics and thought it was science.

When scientology was introduced to me a few months later, why I had a bit of a button on the religion aspect of it. I just couldn't understand this. But what ultimately handled my button on the religion of scientology was indeed hubbard's lectures and books which I read the complete library back in 1986-89.

And what handled me (convinced me), was hubbard saying in the books and lectures that the psych's, governments, school system, SP's and being PTS,

were corrupting my thinking

and only scientology & hubbard could set me straight, or "clear" me.

So, of course, I realized & agreed it was a business and just hiding under being a religion, so that scientology could clear the planet and introduce scientology to planet. I agreed to this. I thought I was part of some wonderful operation, I thought I was the elite of the planet because I found scientology.

And I never did my due diligence. You know, I was hard sold to do the next step after I completed a step. There was no time to really think it thru or compare to other systems or ologies. I was sold.

Gib, you are speaking with my tongue...or...you ARE my tongue! That means I'm either one of your BTs or you're one of mine!

Isn't that theta?

Ha! Good new travels fast lol

I'm Nick Lister - the catalyst for this particular case of bullshit disconnection.

No the income source did not dry up. They declared wealthy friends of mine as well as my parents who aren't bad off. I'm also not on welfare.

How did this get up here so quick? This only happened last week. I'm impressed. You guys are on top of your game :)

I fully support all harassment and spreading of truth any of you engage in with the Church and spreading what really goes on. Growing up in a cult has it's down sides, believe it or not. But most of you seem like you've still got your powers of reasoning intact, so go on and use them to the fullest, you little rebels, you.

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors

I'm Nick Lister - the catalyst for this particular case of bullshit disconnection. I fully support all harassment and spreading of truth any of you engage in with the Church and spreading what really goes on. Growing up in a cult has it's down sides, believe it or not. But most of you seem like you've still got your powers of reasoning intact, so go on and use them to the fullest, you little rebels, you.

Hi Nick. Welcome to ESMB, all the latest and greatest dirt and fun in the ex-Scilon community right at your fingertips.

I am sure I'm not the only one here who is curious about what your parents are going to do now. If it would blow anything big strategically or PR-wise then you don't have to say anything, of course, and we'll wait for the surprise. But if there is anything you can tell us, inquiring minds want to know. I can't wait for their story to go into the mainstream media.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

I'm Nick Lister - the catalyst for this particular case of bullshit disconnection.

No the income source did not dry up. They declared wealthy friends of mine as well as my parents who aren't bad off. I'm also not on welfare.

How did this get up here so quick? This only happened last week. I'm impressed. You guys are on top of your game :)

I fully support all harassment and spreading of truth any of you engage in with the Church and spreading what really goes on. Growing up in a cult has it's down sides, believe it or not. But most of you seem like you've still got your powers of reasoning intact, so go on and use them to the fullest, you little rebels, you.

:goodjob:

Nick, welcome to ESMB ... your parents may not realise it (yet) but you just did them a huge favour, I'm really proud of you!

:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
:lol: I see that my puny effort at limiting the derail of this thread about scientology Disconnection was simply wasted pixels! Have at it, my friends! :hysterical:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
ITYIWT re the WTF? I was referring solely to the back and forth about scientology as a religion. I thought that was a derail of the subject at hand.; Disconnection.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
ITYIWT re the WTF? I was referring solely to the back and forth about scientology as a religion. I thought that was a derail of the subject at hand.; Disconnection.

:confused2:

Sorry? I didn't say anything ... you're imagining things now Pandy, you wanna get that looked at, it's far more worrying than a little derail.

:giggle:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Lol, I got a notification that you'd clicked WTF? on that post. C'mon admit it, you did that, I saw it with my own inner eye! :biggrin:

Sigh ... there's nothing quite as sad as watching someone you're fond of declining ... but it comes to us all Pandy, so try not to worry.

Oh alright then! I might have clicked WTF, then unclicked it to amuse myself ... I'm very easily amused.

:unsure:

I'm imagining you (Degraded Being) swanning around Hong Kong! Or maybe thats really happening ...

:biggrin:

Swanning around with billions of work-and-money-is-happiness freaks, diligently, sensibly and politely dealing with lifes details, and such an exquisitely balanced little component of control freakism thrown in, backgrounded by unspoken fear of the spontaneous, in this heat and on tiny streets........well, its not easy, but actually, it could be just what i need, so from now on it will be swanning. I have the feeling it will put me in a bad light with the sensible demeanour here. They want GUCCI and PRADA and all that crap screaming from every high rise and Elite customers and Prestige customers special banking foyers. All the snobby shit, but musn't "swan". That would grate on the conformist nerves and rattle the collective harmony. I have found many here are like
scientologists There is policy and it must be followed. Is this commie influence or has it always been this way?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Swanning around with billions of work-and-money-is-happiness freaks, diligently, sensibly and politely dealing with lifes details, and such an exquisitely balanced little component of control freakism thrown in, backgrounded by unspoken fear of the spontaneous, in this heat and on tiny streets........well, its not easy, but actually, it could be just what i need, so from now on it will be swanning. I have the feeling it will put me in a bad light with the sensible demeanour here. They want GUCCI and PRADA and all that crap screaming from every high rise and Elite customers and Prestige customers special banking foyers. All the snobby shit, but musn't "swan". That would grate on the conformist nerves and rattle the collective harmony. I have found many here are like
scientologists There is policy and it must be followed. Is this commie influence or has it always been this way?

It's just the human characteristic of reveling in routines & rituals to keep the chaos of life's unknowns in a tolerable range. Asians just have a better attention span & ability to focus--so they really get into whatever it is that they are doing! LOL.

lost

Patron with Honors
It's just the human characteristic of reveling in routines & rituals to keep the chaos of life's unknowns in a tolerable range. Asians just have a better attention span & ability to focus--so they really get into whatever it is that they are doing! LOL.
Oh, very true. And some of the asian students i have taught (korean moreso than chinese) combine it with high zen states...focussing on absolutely nothing.....but i will derail no longer...............

A.K. Myers

Patron with Honors
Well described!

In the past few years, when a good, tech-fearing Scientologist became the victim of the tech they worshipped, they would suddenly make celebrated, guest appearance on Marty Rathbun's website. They'd get the full celebrity treatment with headlines, a photo op and a pulpit to sermonize and cleanse their soul in the form of a public Doubt Formula. That little ritualistic "Indie rite of passage" seemed to be working so well. But now Marty seems to have retired from the business of being an evangelical leader, preaching wall-of-fire and brimstone in order to save souls and slay others with the rapture of reborn-Scientology.

So, there is no more red carpet and bright lights to celebrate cult members who don't like when Hubbard's policies are applied to themselves? This brings up a very curious question:

WHERE DO SCIENTOLOGISTS GO NOW
WHEN THEY WANT TO LEAVE THE COS
AND BLAME SOMEONE FOR ALL THE
CRIMES & HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES
THAT THEY HAVE BEEN COMMITTING
OR SUPPORTING FOR DECADES?

Lately they have been posting their public "doubt formulae"
over on Mike Rinder's blog.

:coolwink:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

The Commies make it worse, but patriarchal Chinese society has always been that way. Remember foot binding? Talk about a batshit insane policy that must be followed, or your daughter will never get married.

Seriously?

What the blue fuck?

My wife's great grandmonther, whom I met about a year before she died, was one of the oldest people in Taiwan, over 100. Her feet hurt her her whole life because she was a couple of months into the process in October of 1895. When the Japanese ended resistance on the island from the Ching, they outlawed that shit in a heartbeat, so she was saved the deformed feet, but the binding had messed her up a little bit.

ncapers

KhaKahn
TIME TO GET THE COURTS INVOLVED. Family courts readily look down on this kind of breaking apart of families. Wonder how many people have had to disconnect from their families and done damage within, say, the last 20 years?