What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weagook

Patron
Since there's no thread on Boston I thought I'd start one.
Being a newbie I'm not sure if cross-posting (so I don't repeat myself) is o.k. so let me know if there's a better way.

There's news of Boston I've posted in this other thread as well as some embedded text from OCMB's Org Patrol section.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=132950&postcount=44

Cheers!

I wish I was as brave as you to share this story. It's so familiar! Thank you, I'm truly inspired to maybe someday soon get my own story off my chest!

girlbassplayer1

I just tripped over this site, not sure how...anyhow, reading thru the posts and names brought back many memories: I was at the Boston Org when Alex Sibersky/Kerry Gleeson/David Light etal arrived. Memory is hazy but I believe I was there summer 1968 thru 1973? Contemporary with many of the early folks' names I've seen mentioned: Siltons, Garrison, Gambino, Cieslinski, etc.
Anyone remember Roger Gustafson, Dana Hopkins, Holly ?? (long hair, came from Sea Org) Pamela ?? blond hair, ran printing press, Scott Brown, Harriet Kiriajes, Joe Giusti, Michelle ?? long dark hair, ethics officer, I was dissem sec for maybe a year: Amy Lewis.

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
Hi girlbassplayer! :welcome2:

I was never in, so just a word of advice.

Feel free to ask the same question in the "reconnect with old friends" forum: http://www.forum.exscn.net/forumdisplay.php?79-New-Member-Introductions

and/or to say a little more about yourself in the "new member introduction" forum: http://www.forum.exscn.net/forumdisplay.php?79-New-Member-Introductions

If there are any people posting itt who may know you, I'm sure they'll post here or send you a private message. I think however you have to post a little more to be able to use private messages. :unsure:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I just tripped over this site, not sure how...anyhow, reading thru the posts and names brought back many memories: I was at the Boston Org when Alex Sibersky/Kerry Gleeson/David Light etal arrived. Memory is hazy but I believe I was there summer 1968 thru 1973? Contemporary with many of the early folks' names I've seen mentioned: Siltons, Garrison, Gambino, Cieslinski, etc.
Anyone remember Roger Gustafson, Dana Hopkins, Holly ?? (long hair, came from Sea Org) Pamela ?? blond hair, ran printing press, Scott Brown, Harriet Kiriajes, Joe Giusti, Michelle ?? long dark hair, ethics officer, I was dissem sec for maybe a year: Amy Lewis.

Hi Amy,

:welcome2:

I was there in Boston but you were before my time. (I didn't arrive until around 1078-79). I was on Foundation staff for 7 years.

I worked with Rich Gambino who was in the Bookstore when I was there, and Joan Gambino was also there as the CO for some years.

Chris Garrison was still around (and probably still is today). Pete Cieslinski was public when I was there.

Michelle Savelo (her married name) recruited me for staff. I wonder if that's the same one who was there when you were. :unsure:

I heard stories from when Alex Sibersky/Kerry Gleeson/David Light were there. I'm glad I missed that. :biggrin:

girlbassplayer1

Yes, I've seen the word "terrorized" used here in connection with Sibersky etal, and that was totally true. Sibersky especially got pretty physical with people: no hitting but lots of pushing, shoving, slamming against the wall, screaming, etc. The best thing about that time period was being introduced to Chinese movies.
Sounds like it got better later, but by then I was long gone. Seeing some of these names of people I knew brings back memories, a lot of good folks and I hope those who hung in there found that somehow it was worth it. As for me.........nope.

I had some fun and goofy times though.........anyone remember making and selling plastic flowers on the street in front of the org? Looking back at that project I really scratch my head! Hw to be a hippie and a Scientologist at the same time. :-} I don't remember if that was pre Sibersky etal or not.

And some wild regging projects......I'll leave the names out but going to a beautiful horse farm in Virginia, a town in Missouri (with a stop at Jesse James' alleged home), several lovely homes in upstate New York, down to Florida,etc.

And no I'm no longer in the Boston area, I'm in Wyoming, although I still have family in Boston so I get back there on occasion.

Last edited:

girlbassplayer1

Hmmm, you didn't miss much! :no:

Did you know Nancy Many back at time? (I think she was around back at that time).

She writes a bit about her experiences at Boston Org in her book.
http://www.amazon.com/My-Billion-Ye...6250&sr=8-1&keywords=my+billion+year+contract

Hmmm now that name doesn't sound familiar at all, but I've run into some others on this thread
that jog memories such as Phil Frizella...he had a VW camper van which was very cool at the time...at least I thought so.....that "how to be a hippie and a scientologist" thing in 69-70 don'tcha know.
I think Michele Savelo is correct btw. I was briefly married (church, not 'legal' to Rich Gambino btw)
I'll check out Nancy's book.

A name I haven't seen mentioned at all on this thread is Mischka...?? Can't remember her last name....she was married to Bill....?? Arrived as part of the command team, sort of, but they were both much nicer people. (Not Bill Franks)

David C Gibbons

Ex-Scientology Peon
Re: Boston BOOMS

(SNIP) There's a methodone clinic one block away and a homeless shelter about 5 blocks away and I'm not sure who they are catering to in the new building. It's close to the highway, so that's a plus.

Most valid religions might actually be in that neighborhood to HELP the suffering people there...

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Hmmm now that name doesn't sound familiar at all, but I've run into some others on this thread
that jog memories such as Phil Frizella...he had a VW camper van which was very cool at the time...at least I thought so.....that "how to be a hippie and a scientologist" thing in 69-70 don'tcha know.
I think Michele Savelo is correct btw. I was briefly married (church, not 'legal' to Rich Gambino btw)
I'll check out Nancy's book.

A name I haven't seen mentioned at all on this thread is Mischka...?? Can't remember her last name....she was married to Bill....?? Arrived as part of the command team, sort of, but they were both much nicer people. (Not Bill Franks)

I believe Nancy came in in '71 and by the time you arrived she may have been doing stuff for the Guardians Office or moved to Clearwater.

I remember Phil Frizella well but not Mischka?

There's a couple posts here about Rich G. (he joined staff again several years ago in DC)

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?7231-Boston&p=429753&highlight=gambino#post429753

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...hington-DC-org&p=405484&viewfull=1#post405484

girlbassplayer1

I believe Nancy came in in '71 and by the time you arrived she may have been doing stuff for the Guardians Office or moved to Clearwater.

I remember Phil Frizella well but not Mischka?

There's a couple posts here about Rich G. (he joined staff again several years ago in DC)

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?7231-Boston&p=429753&highlight=gambino#post429753

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...hington-DC-org&p=405484&viewfull=1#post405484

It was Mischka and Bill O'Connor

HASbeen

Patron
Sad news, ex-Bostonians. I was rambling around on the web today and found this:

Goshen, NH: David F. Scimemi, 62, of Brook Road, died from a heart attack at the New London Hospital, Monday, May 28, 2012.

RIP Dave.

Hope you're jammin' with the best in the big house in the sky (or wherever it is these days).

Another one gone......

Operating Wog

Patron with Honors

Goshen, NH: David F. Scimemi, 62, of Brook Road, died from a heart attack at the New London Hospital, Monday, May 28, 2012.

RIP Dave.

Hope you're jammin' with the best in the big house in the sky (or wherever it is these days).

Another one gone......

Awww.... damnit. Too much bad news like this these days. I met Dave after he was off staff. But got to know him very well. I'd often call him under the pretense of trying to "recover" him. But we'd talk for hours about random stuff. He'd often be drinking and more than once fell asleep on the phone. Great guy. Interesting, messed up life. RIP Dave.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

I remember Dana Hopkins and Holly JUDD.

arnie lerma

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron

RIP Dave.

Another one gone......

Sad news but thanks for posting.

Dave told me this story: In his heyday as an auditor, he'd been getting into a lot of out-2D trouble. While relating the story, he looked at me sideways. He had this habit of leaving his eyes half open and looking smug, the epitome of self-satisfaction, but not proud. Likeable. An loved holding an audience while telling a story. The problem was he was an incredibly productive auditor so the org couldn't justify taking him off post. One day he took advantage of a high profile, semi-celeb pc who became extremely upset and everyone in the org found out about it. The GO stepped in and told Dave that if he planned to have a 2D with anyone he'd need to CSW the Deputy Guardian. Dave smiled as he told me this and looked off with his inimitable insousiance, dragged his cigarette, "the next day, the DG had 16 CSW's in his in-basket!"

Dave was short and fat but was smarter than just about everyone. You'd loan him money that you knew was never coming back because he had so much charm, well, it was worth it. He enjoyed so much of life and could focus on something preposterous and make it happen. We were in NYC once and he saw this itty-bitty TV when it was an extremely rare thing. He had no money but that little TV was in his hands a few days later. He held the record for most WDAH's in a week--pushing for 100 hour weeks.

He is the only person I knew who was an incredible pianist and a mechanic and an auditor. His secret seemed to be "Just don't Q and A."

He had great stories from a full life. (Ask BL about the time they picked up a starter motor from the guys who were butchering a skunk on their kitchen table.)

I'm looking forward to meeting him again.

:thumbsup:

RIP Dave.

Another one gone......

I located and had a conversation with David a year or so ago.
(Thank you Mr Google)
He had a rough time I think.
Wasn't in, wasn't really out though.
He and I were good friends, for a few years.
Though of course completely dropped out of touch for decades.
Sad to hear the news.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I've had some good luck recently getting in touch with some of the folks I used to know at Boston. I don't want to name names, because some of them are still "in good standing" with the Church, but it seems more and more people are realizing that they were not alone in their perception of problems with the Church. I'm very glad they're back in touch with me, and will be even happier when the morgues close for good.

uniquemand

Unbeliever

It's of interest that I don't know any of those names. Are you aware that the Boston Org was ostensibly "Saint Hill Size" in the mid-70's? Then, there was a collapse (about which I know next to nothing), and most of the senior exec strata either were declared or demoted. I would bet that you'll find more Bostonians here from post 78 than from prior for that reason. The execs have been pretty "stable" (if you can use that word) since then, and most of them are still Scientologists, even if they've gone elsewhere. I arrived on the scene in the late '80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.