What's new

“Our Goal Is To Make Marty’s Life A Living Hell”

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
In the latest episode of [STRIKE]Days of Our Lives[/STRIKE] Marty's Blog there is a link to an article about a non-sci Squirrel Buster videographer who supposedly wants the world to know that he is not a Scientologist and he now wants to help Marty.

http://www.caller.com/news/2011/aug/06/former-scientology-film-crew-member-describes-in/

One quote I did found interesting though:
Rathbun acknowledges he has brought this scrutiny upon himself, not only because he defected from the church, but because he once directed similar activities from within it, targeting former members. It is only fitting, he says, that the monster he helped create has turned on him.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

ClamSource

Patron with Honors
Rathbun acknowledges he has brought this scrutiny upon himself, not only because he defected from the church, but because he once directed similar activities from within it, targeting former members. It is only fitting, he says, that the monster he helped create has turned on him.

This is slightly misleading, as it suggests what is happening to Rathbun is the same as has been served out to other people. Rathbun's treatment to date has been pretty soft touch and at all times legal.

Wouldn't be the first to suggest that this fair gaming lite helps to rehabilitate Scientology's image, by making fair gaming appear kooky but legal, rather than the past's concerted sinister attacks to "hit people so hard that they drop their attacks" on Scientology.

Veda

Sponsor
Marty gets Keystone cops tech, others got Fair Game tech

In the latest episode of [STRIKE]Days of Our Lives[/STRIKE] Marty's Blog there is a link to an article about a non-sci Squirrel Buster videographer who supposedly wants the world to know that he is not a Scientologist and he now wants to help Marty.

http://www.caller.com/news/2011/aug/06/former-scientology-film-crew-member-describes-in/

One quote I did found interesting though:

Reading the short quote in the opening post, at first, it sounds as though Marty is being both wise and contrite. This would naturally invite admiration and sympathy, until it's recognized that the monster existed before Marty ever applauded his first LRH giant photo, or held his first pair of e-meter cans.

Marty, his shtick, after all, is "Miscavige did it," and there's no escaping the fact that he was Miscavige's right hand man, but one who eventually saw the light and, heroically, and with admirable wisdom and contrition, is returning Scientology to its pre-Miscavige goodness, before tech and policy were altered, and before the "good name of L. Ron Hubbard was besmirched."

Sorry, none for me thanx.:eyeroll:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Very nice article - shows how nuts McSavage has become about stopping Rathbun from fleecing His sheeples. Not that I think Marty is doing that - I do believe Marty doesn't do the Hard Sell of the "official" cult.

But it leaves me wondering just how much Slappy is monitoring this "campaign" of the Squirrel Busters.

And is He going to brag about it's stats at the upcoming IAS event? How many minutes of video footage exposing the evil squirrel empire of Rathbun have been shown on YouTube and this is what your donations buy - cut to Squirrel Busters Productions or Freedum clip?

:drama:

I'm cheering for Marty, not because I'm a Tehc lover (far from it) but because the guy seems to be slowly decompressing into a very decent person, a very hard ask for someone who has as much cult dirt on his hands as he does.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Good article, and BRAVO! to Bert Leahy for having the courage to stand up and do what's right.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Interesting to note that it took a wog roped into the Scientology charade less than a week to exercise his integrity, even when money was an important factor for him personally. 10 Internets to Bert Leahy!!

Out-Ethics

Patron Meritorious

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Why would CO$ hire someone outside the church to be a videographer?
I am sure they must be able to find someone willing to hold a camera for amends. It isn't like the raw footage wouldn't be doctored to death by the cult anyway.

Why would they risk using an outsider?

On the other hand, the same cult thought it was a great idea to air squirrel buster adverts, so perhaps I am crediting them with some common sense where none actually exists.

Note to CO$: Try to understand this, some people would rather have the words "I am a neo-nazi paedophile" tattooed across their forehead than be thought of as a Scientologist, or even remotely associated with Scientology or the Church of Scientology. Bert has no higher purpose of helping Marty, he just wants his name cleared from any Sci connection. If you hire wogs up the rate and get some non-disclosure docs signed first. Your power starts and ends with your staff and your public.​

How could they possibly think that the general population gives a flying f* about their super dangerous squirrels? How could they possibly think that the general population knows who Rathbun is?

Note to CO$: To 99.99% of the world population squirrels are cute furry mammals with bushy tails that live around trees and store nuts.
The only thing that the ads have done have made your religion and church look even more ridiculous than it really is. I have to hand it to you, I pretty much thought you had peaked at the upper level of stupidity a while back but you continue to soar upwards.​

What makes them think this documentary alibi is giving any credibility to the church?
I hereby nominate all the people involved in the Squirrelbuster drama for the Honorary Lifetime Award for services to Anonymous​

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
What is being done to Marty hardly qualifies as nice but it is certainly very pale when compared to what it is known they have done to many many others.

How come?

Zhongjianren

Patron with Honors
"Make Marty's Life a Living Hell"

Scientology Goons Exposed: "Make Marty's Life a Living Hell" (UPDATED)
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/08/scientology_goo_2.php

Scientology Goons Exposed: "Make Marty's Life a Living Hell" (UPDATED)

By Tony Ortega Sun., Aug. 7 2011 at 2:16 PM
Comments (115)
Categories: Scientology

After the jump: An ID of the man, "David Statter," who is behind the Squirrel Busters siege.

A stunning article was posted late last night by Corpus Christi Caller-Times reporter Mark Collette: one of the Squirrel Buster's freelancers is blowing the whistle on the Scientology goon squad's effort to harass former church official Marty Rathbun.

Previously, Collette had got the Squirrel Busters -- a group that surveils Rathbun's Ingleside on the Bay home for hours every day -- to say that it was doing so because the group is working on a "documentary" about the former church executive.

But Rathbun maintains that the group is just there to intimidate him, and has been sent by the church itself to punish him for breaking away and offering independent Scientology counseling services to other people leaving the organization.

And Rathbun says he should know: when he was an executive with the church, it was his job to do the intimidating of other former members.

And now, a freelance videographer is telling Collette that Rathbun is right.

Freelance videographer Bert Leahy told Collette that he was hired at $2,000 a week by a man named David Statter to join the Squirrel Busters, and was told outright that his job was less to create a film than to harass Rathbun to the breaking point:
"Dave flat-out said our goal is to make Marty's life a living hell," Leahy said. "That's a quote. He never said 'stalk,' but he said make Marty's life a living hell with every means possible of impeding his everyday living, and make it so miserable for him and his neighbors that his neighbors will want him to move."​
As Collette points out, however, Rathbun has found support among his neighbors, who have been offended by the methods of the Squirrel Busters, who film the neighborhood constantly and have showed up to video Rathbun at dinner in town.

The Ingleside on the Bay council was so concerned by the Scientology intimidation squad's actions, it passed an ordinance that would require any film crews to get special permission to work in the town, but later rescinded it.

Leahy, the videographer, worked on three shoots of Rathbun before becoming uncomfortable with the job. He was paid $900 for his work and later reached out to Rathbun to apologize.

Leahy says the Squirrel Busters told him they are "upset" with Rathbun because, they said, he charges "$2,000 to $5,000 an hour" for his independent Scientology auditing. (Scientology calls people "squirrels" who do this kind of counseling outside the official church. This is why they wear T-shirts with a photo of Rathbun's head on a squirrel's body, and refer to themselves as Squirrel Busters.)

Rathbun told Collette, however, that a "third to a fourth" of the people he counsels pay him nothing. Others do so on a voluntary basis. And Michael Fairman, the character actor we've written about before, told Collette that what he ended up donating was far less than what he used to pay Scientology:
Fairman, 77, stayed with the Rathbuns for four days after Thanksgiving in 2010. Like Wilson, he says Rathbun never asked him for money. He donated $1,000 anyway. "I'm used to paying $7,800 for 12½ hours of auditing," Fairman said.​
It's hard to believe that the Squirrel Busters are really motivated by whatever donations Rathbun is receiving from people he counsels. Collette's story seems to confirm instead what Rathbun has been saying all along: using techniques that he himself helped perfect while he was for many years a Scientology enforcer, Rathbun is being targeted for intimidation and harassment simply because he poses such a danger to the church and its leader, David Miscavige.

Author Janet Reitman has described Rathbun as a modern day Martin Luther, leading a growing breakaway movement from Miscavige's official church.

That's apparently such a concern to Scientology, it is reacting the way it has many, many times before: with goon squads and intimidation. Squirrel Buster John Allender, however, continues to insist to Collette that he was leading the group simply as "my documentary project," and that they had not been sent by the church.

But Leahy, the videographer, told Collette that from a hotel room, Statter was talking to people from Los Angeles. (LA is one of Scientology's two main hubs.)
"He had like a control station, like a war room," Leahy said. "Laptops, GPS's, paperwork. He's on the phone saying I need to order 55 more Squirrel Busters hats. He was constantly on the phone to people in Los Angeles."​
Perhaps our readers can think of something, but I can't remember a Scientology "fair game" operation that has been so thoroughly exposed and hung out to dry while it was happening. Will Scientology keep trying to drive Rathbun out of his Ingleside home, when the town and local media are so aware of what it's doing? The siege continues, at least for now.

UPDATE: Following up on a tip from "Scientia," in our comments section, I called Rathbun and asked him about the identity of "David Statter." In Collette's story, that's the name that Leahy says was used by the man who hired him and was coordinating the Squirrel Busters actions from a hotel "war room."

Rathbun says that Collette called the phone number for "Statter" that Leahy gave him. Leahy then received a voice mail from the man he knew as David Statter. He shared the voice mail with Rathbun.

"It's definitely Dave Lubow. And Bert has identified his picture, too," Rathbun says.
Lubow is a private investigator that Scientology has used for years for its intimidation campaigns, Rathbun says. Former church spokesman Mike Rinder made a similar claim recently in an interview that Mark Bunker conducted for his upcoming documentary, "Knowledge Report":

[video=youtube;l67gmnJScLA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l67gmnJScLA[/video]

Rinder explains in the video how he had direct contact with Lubow in the surveillance of Bob Minton. He said he had told Lubow: "Get the goods, find out everything about the guy, and figure out how he is going to be stopped from doing what he's doing."
Rathbun tells me that he had seen Lubow on occasion as the Squirrel Busters team was continuing its stake out of his house, but he didn't know the extent of Lubow's involvement.

"He's been here, in and out like a mosquito. What I didn't know is that he's been here continuously, coordinating things," he says.

With Lubow's involvement now seemingly confirmed, there's really little question at all (if there ever was a question) that the Squirrel Busters siege is an official church operation to intimidate Rathbun.

Zhongjianren

Patron with Honors
Re: "Make Marty's Life a Living Hell"

Former Scientology film crew member describes surveillance activities in Ingleside on the Bay
Former Scientology film crew member describes surveillance activities in Ingleside on the Bay

CORPUS CHRISTI — For a struggling videographer, the offer was too good to pass up: $2,000 a week to help document the activities of a former high-ranking member of the Church of Scientology.

Bert Leahy said the phone call came from David Statter, who said he was with Falcon Industries, doing a reality TV show about Ingleside on the Bay resident Mark "Marty" Rathbun.

Leahy agreed to meet to learn about the project. Leahy suggested Pier 99, near the Lexington Museum on the Bay. Halfway through the meal, Statter got a phone call.
"The caller says Marty's at the aquarium — not even 50 yards from where we were at," Leahy said.

"Do you have your gear?" Statter asked him.

Leahy chewed his shrimp. He thought the situation was weird. But $2,000 a week?
"I jumped in the Squirrel Buster van," Leahy said. "I haven't even met the guy 15 freaking minutes, he's driving my wife and daughter in his car and I'm sitting in the back of the Squirrel Buster van. I'm like what the (expletive) did I just do?"

Church Defector

Leahy spoke publicly for the first time since his brief stint in June with the Squirrel Busters, the group that has been following and filming Rathbun since April. Rathbun says the Squirrel Busters were sent by the Church of Scientology to harass him for speaking out about abuses in the church and for being one of the most vocal members of a growing group of independent Scientologists. Squirrel is the Scientology term for a heretic.

Leahy corroborates Rathbun's assertions, saying Squirrel Busters crew members told him their purpose was to make life miserable for Rathbun, turn neighbors against him, force him to relocate and goad him into violence so they could press charges against him.

Statter did not respond to requests for interviews at the phone number and email address Leahy provided.

Squirrel Busters producer John Allender did not respond to multiple messages seeking a response when the Caller-Times began covering their activities more than a month ago. When told more than a week ago that Leahy had spoken to the newspaper, Allender rejected a request for a telephone interview, saying he was too busy working on his production.

In responses to emailed questions, Allender said Leahy's statements that the crew was there to harass Rathbun are false.

Allender said the crew is following and filming Rathbun for a documentary because Rathbun is harming the other Scientology defectors who come to him for help.

Rathbun's visitors who were interviewed for this article said he had helped them readjust to life outside the church after their friends, associates and family members still within the church stopped associating with them, part of what critics say is a disconnection policy within the church.

The church says there is no such policy and that members who disconnect from friends and family do so of their own free will.

Allender said Rathbun has bullied his crews, not the other way around, though Oscar Rivera, chief deputy of the San Patricio County Sheriff's Office, has said the crews are harassing Rathbun.

Allender, in an email, described Rathbun as a master of distorting the truth to foster a "hate campaign against his former religion."

But the accounts of Leahy, visitors to the Rathbun home, the police and neighbors suggest Rathbun and his wife were living quietly in Ingleside on the Bay until the Squirrel Busters arrived in April.

Rathbun's criticisms of the church stop short of an outright attack on the whole religion. Rathbun said he adheres to Scientology's underlying philosophies and, through his blog, he maintains communication with other independent Scientologists who have broken away from the organized church.

The Church of Scientology denies a connection to the Squirrel Busters. Meanwhile, the church has placed an ad to hire a reporter based in South Texas for its news publishing arm, Freedom Magazine. The church says the magazine focuses on human rights and social betterment, but recent stories have been devoted to debunking statements made by former church members and the journalists who write about them.

In confrontations documented in multiple videos and police reports, the Squirrel Busters have interrupted Rathbun and his wife at restaurants, confronted him at his doorstep while wearing head-mounted cameras and filmed him from a paddleboat in the canal behind his house. They routinely film in front of his home.

Allender confronted Rathbun at a rental car stand at a Los Angeles airport in June in an incident that both parties recorded. Rathbun said he hadn't informed anyone about his travel plans.

When Rathbun went to Lake Livingston in East Texas for a reunion with independent Scientologists from around the world, the Squirrel Busters took out ads on area radio stations calling Rathbun a squirrel.

But the Squirrel Busters don't always get their man. When Leahy and the team arrived at the aquarium that day in early June, Leahy said, Rathbun was gone.

A Good Offer

Leahy, 46, said he is not a Scientologist and never has worked for the church or groups affiliated with the church. He set out as a freelance videographer in the early 1990s after taking some film courses at a Dallas-area college. He and his wife, a teacher, independently produced "I-35: Heartbreak and Healing on an American Highway," a documentary about the aftermath of high-profile tragedies in cities along Interstate 35.

Leahy said he has struggled with a recovery from back surgery and with chronic pain that through the years made it difficult for him to keep up his business. He has earned money shooting weddings and high school basketball games, but establishing a client base has been difficult. Statter's call, with the promise of good money and work he could add to his résumé, seemed like just what he needed.

After missing Rathbun at the aquarium, the crew received word later that evening that Rathbun was fishing with some friends, Leahy said. Four Squirrel Busters approached the private property sign near Rathbun's fishing spot.

"They were really good about not trespassing," Leahy said.

According to police reports, the Squirrel Busters have obtained plats of Rathbun's property so they can stand at the edge of his property line when they confront him at his home. One video shows a Squirrel Buster, clad in the group's trademark sky-blue shirt depicting Rathbun's head attached to a squirrel's body, holding a map or drawing and surveying the property line in front of Rathbun's home.

At the fishing spot, they peppered Rathbun with questions about whether he is certified to give audits and whether his e-meter is registered. Auditing is a form of counseling in Scientology, conducted by a trained counselor who gauges a person's emotional responses on an e-meter, a device that measures electrical activity through a person's skin.

"I have no idea what these people are talking about, but I'm just recording," Leahy said.

As Rathbun approached, crew members told Leahy to stand in his way, let Rathbun push him so the Squirrel Busters could press charges. Rathbun shuffled through the group.

"He barely touches one girl and she's like, 'Oh my God, you just pushed me,' " Leahy recalled. "Give her an Academy Award."

Allender denied the crew provoked Rathbun.

When Leahy returned to his hotel room, he started researching Scientology. He found previous video of the Squirrel Busters accosting Rathbun at his home.
Leahy was conflicted, but the money was so good.

"At $2,000 a week, I'm not going to complain as long as it's not illegal."

'War Room'

On Leahy's second day on the job, the day after the confrontation at the fishing spot, Leahy met Statter in Statter's hotel room, he said.
"He had like a control station, like a war room," Leahy said. "Laptops, GPS's, paperwork. He's on the phone saying I need to order 55 more Squirrel Busters hats. He was constantly on the phone to people in Los Angeles."

In the room, Leahy grew increasingly worried with what he saw. He wondered why he had been allowed into this inner circle. But he tried to stay calm and buddy up to the group. He asked Statter about the overall goal.

"Dave flat-out said our goal is to make Marty's life a living hell," Leahy said. "That's a quote. He never said 'stalk,' but he said make Marty's life a living hell with every means possible of impeding his everyday living, and make it so miserable for him and his neighbors that his neighbors will want him to move."

But many neighbors support the Rathbuns. Several have erected no trespassing signs at their homes that say the Squirrel Busters aren't welcome. And they angrily have told the City Council they don't like the group riding around in its golf cart and passing out anti-Rathbun pamphlets. Mayor Howard Gillespie said that although he has received complaints about the Squirrel Busters, he hasn't heard of anyone supporting them.

Leahy said he asked the Squirrel Busters what Rathbun would have to do to make the harassment stop.

"What it boiled down to is they're very upset with Marty because he's auditing people for a lot of money — $2,000 to $5,000 an hour to audit them," Leahy said.

Rathbun said he never talks money with former church members who come to him for auditing after they leave the organized church. He accepts donations if offered, but he estimates that for a third to a fourth of his auditing, he gets nothing. He declined to give an exact tally of his income, but said he would offer full financial disclosure if the Squirrel Busters would do the same.

Among his gripes with the church is that members are asked to give hundreds or thousands of dollars for auditing and study materials at each level of the bridge, a term for the path to spiritual advancement in Scientology. Multiple news organizations, including The New Yorker, the St. Petersburg Times and CNN, have documented the claims of former members that advancing to high levels of the bridge costs tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. The church says its requested donations for courses start at $50 and could never reach that much.

Laura Ann Wilson, 55, of Midland, is a church defector who says she first came to Rathbun in March, looking for help adjusting to life outside the church. She joined when she was 7.

She said Rathbun never spoke about money or implied that he expected anything in return for his help. She stayed in an apartment at the Rathbuns' home for five nights.

They fed her three times a day. She decided to donate to the Rathbuns because she knows they aren't working and that others who visit them, fresh out of the church and with few job prospects or social connections, don't have money to give. It's the same situation in which Rathbun found himself when he defected.

Wilson could afford to give because her husband, also a former church member, is now an oil field services worker.

"We gave him what we thought was generous, but it was a lot less than what we would have ever paid the church," she said. She wouldn't say exactly how much she gave for fear of offending others who could not afford to give.

Wilson again visited the Rathbuns in June, this time with her husband. They were returning from fishing with them when Leahy and the Squirrel Busters showed up.

Wilson confirmed Leahy's account of the incident. The Squirrel Busters confronted her and the Rathbuns three times in all during their June visit, Wilson said. Two of the encounters are on video.

Wilson said it once bothered her to see Scientologists doing what the Squirrel Busters are doing.

Not anymore.

"I've gone past the point of being shocked and the point of being angry, and now I'm honestly just trying to move forward, because I don't really want to let them soak up my life any more than they already have."

Heavy Cost

Leahy donned his Squirrel Buster T-shirt and left the hotel in the van, headed for Rathbun's home.

In the cul-de-sac outside the house, Leahy noted that Bart Parr, a videographer working for the Squirrel Busters, was receiving instructions from someone who observed the situation from somewhere else. Two Squirrel Busters posed in front of a camera, said they were doing a new episode and wanted to ask Rathbun some questions.

Rathbun called police and filmed the incident.

When Leahy had to give his identification to the police, he hit his breaking point.

"I told Dave I'm probably gonna go ahead and head back to Allen," his hometown near Dallas.

Leahy found Rathbun's video of the incident online. He grew frantic, worried his appearance in the film could ruin future business prospects. Later, friends from Corpus Christi would see the video and call Leahy, thinking he was a Scientologist.
Leahy asked Statter to pay him for the work he had done so far. He got $900 for the three shoots — at the aquarium, the fishing spot and Rathbun's cul-de-sac.

For the past month, Leahy has been patching things up with Rathbun, apologizing for his role in the Squirrel Busters, and trying to help Rathbun build a case against them. Authorities have said the Squirrel Busters haven't broken any laws. On the other hand, a theft case they tried to press against Rathbun, when he ripped away their microphone in a moment of frustration, was rejected by the county attorney.

Leahy said he went public because he wanted to clear his name and help Rathbun.

But the people who come to see him deserve no such treatment, he says.
This includes Michael Fairman, a television and film actor and former church member who said he reached OT-VII, one of the highest levels of spiritual advancement in the church.

Fairman, 77, stayed with the Rathbuns for four days after Thanksgiving in 2010. Like Wilson, he says Rathbun never asked him for money. He donated $1,000 anyway.
"I'm used to paying $7,800 for 12½ hours of auditing," Fairman said.

He said he wants people to know Rathbun is harmless. But that doesn't mean the visit to Ingleside on the Bay didn't cost Fairman. When he returned home, he said, church officials confronted him and told him they knew he had visited Rathbun. He'd be separated from the church. Most of his friends, also Scientologists, stopped talking to him.

Fairman said he wants people to know the Squirrel Busters don't represent all that is Scientology.

"There's a good part of Scientology that I think works," he said. "I've now looked into the history of (church founder L. Ron) Hubbard and found some interesting things about him. I'm looking to get the whole picture. For 23 years, I was just blind."

© 2011 Corpus Christi Caller Times. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Basic

Veda

Sponsor

Is this the third time that this story has been posted on ESMB?

Anyway...

Has Marty Rathbun ever acknowledged that what's being done to him is in accordance with LRH tech for dealing with "squirrels"? - with the difference that it's a very light handling, omitting the nastier parts of Hubbard's Fair Game tech, for some reason.

On handling "Squirrels" by L. Ron Hubbard, from 1959:

http://www.xenu.net/archive/go/man_just.htm

"Overt investigation of someone or something attacking us by an outside detective agency should be done more often and hang the expense. It's very effective. Often an investigation by a private detective has alone closed up an entheta source or a squirrel organization...

"Tell the detective, 'We don't care if they know you're investigating them for us. In fact, the louder the better'."

More instructions on handling "squirrels" from 1965:

"Any meeting held by them should be torn up. The names of persons attending should be collected and they should be labelled SP as they have left Scientology. These people are SP because they are seeking to avoid auditing [including Sec Checking in an Organization] and retain their withholds...

"Treatment - They are each fair game, can be sued or harassed...

"Harass these people in any possible way...

"Label publicly 'ideas which preach no auditing [Note: Auditing by squirrels doesn't count] are simply Suppressive Actions to deny people gains.'

"Tear up any meetings held and get the names of those attending and issue SP orders on them..."

http://www.suppressiveperson.org/hate/pubs/hco-exec-ltr-1965-09-27-3.html

Last edited:

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron

Making Marty's life hell is a theta, pro-survival activity, the greatest good on the greatest number of dynamics. Even you dilletantes should be able to see that. Marty is out to destroy mankind's only hope of getting out of the trap. If you really want to expand Scientology, you need to get with the ideal org program and upgrade your IAS status. See your local redge for details.

Pete

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron

"The church says there is no such policy and that members who disconnect from friends and family do so of their own free will."

:hysterical: Yeah right the cofs doesn't force their members to 'disconnect' :hysterical:

But if their members don't disconnect the cofs will be there to
:smack: 'em:
:bully:'em
and ultimately have them :banned: if they don't.

What a loving caring religion the cofs is.
:scnsucks::scnsucks::scnsucks:

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron

"The church says there is no such policy and that members who disconnect from friends and family do so of their own free will."

Really? Then what does this mean, by the Church of Scientology Flag Service
Organization Approved by International Justice Chief, which says:

"Her only terminal is the International Justice Chief
via The Continental Justice Chief"

If there's "no disconnection"..what is THAT? I have it in writing, and
N O N E of the 30 year "Friends" will talk to me, OR my husband
of 27 years (now re-married to someone still "in")

Love you ALL :cheers:

Tory/Magoo
PS: And for the Record: I have been out 11 years now, and not ONCE
has the "IJC" called me, answered a call, or any communication...so they
are FOS.

Veda

Sponsor

Handle or disconnect has been part of the "Scientology Philosophy" since 1951. It has been policy since 1965. It was never discontinued.

From OEC Course (Green) Volume 1 , HCO Division, 1974 edition. Underlining added.

HCOPL 23 December 1965, 'Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists'. Suppressive acts include:

"Public disavowal of Scientology... public statements against Scientology... continued membership in a divergent group; continued adherence to a Suppressive Person or group pronounced a Suppressive Person or group by HCO; failure to handle or disavow or disconnect from a person demonstrably guilty of Suppressive Acts; being at the hire of [employed by] anti-Scientology groups or persons..."