What's new

30 Years In and Finally Free -- Well Almost

jojo

Patron
I am so grateful for the warm welcome I have received here.

I made my decision in 2001 and have never been back but I have also never verbalized any of my feelings.

I did, however, complain incessantly about my disagreements with the church while I was still active. I have never been afraid of being written up or arc-breaking others. I did what I pleased and nobody bugged me because I would preface my statements with 'I am not afraid to say what is on my mind whether you agree with me or not." I have never been someone who just quoted LRH or looked for policy before saying anything. I didn't feel I needed policy to speak my mind. But I did know (and still do) people who were so afraid to say what they were thinking.

So perhaps people were not terribly surprised that I disappeared. I was considered a fringe Scientologist by many staffers even though I was in for over 30 years but mainly on my own terms.

I have other stories to tell and will get around to them in time.

Nothing as hideous as the story of your mother being ripped off that way Dean. That is absolutely horrifying.

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am so grateful for the warm welcome I have received here.

I made my decision in 2001 and have never been back but I have also never verbalized any of my feelings.

I did, however, complain incessantly about my disagreements with the church while I was still active. I have never been afraid of being written up or arc-breaking others. I did what I pleased and nobody bugged me because I would preface my statements with 'I am not afraid to say what is on my mind whether you agree with me or not." I have never been someone who just quoted LRH or looked for policy before saying anything. I didn't feel I needed policy to speak my mind. But I did know (and still do) people who were so afraid to say what they were thinking.

So perhaps people were not terribly surprised that I disappeared. I was considered a fringe Scientologist by many staffers even though I was in for over 30 years but mainly on my own terms.

I have other stories to tell and will get around to them in time.

Nothing as hideous as the story of your mother being ripped off that way Dean. That is absolutely horrifying.

Jojo, speaking of ARC Xs, you might be interested in reading this thread initiated by Bill Franks.

(You should know how unwillingly I even wrote 'ARC X" given my strong views about not using scientology language!)

Good on you for complaining while you were in. I did too, a lot, and look where it got me -- OUT. Personal integrity is much more important than Hubbard "policy".

PD

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Jojo, speaking of ARC Xs, you might be interested in reading this thread initiated by Bill Franks.

(You should know how unwillingly I even wrote 'ARC X" given my strong views about not using scientology language!)

Good on you for complaining while you were in. I did too, a lot, and look where it got me -- OUT. Personal integrity is much more important than Hubbard "policy".

PD

Just put scio words in quotes like you did with "policy" - it's a sign it's jargon or being used with a special scio meaning and not normal english. :biggrin:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welocme, jojo (and daughter) :welcome:. I am so sorry for your loss, and for the hounding by scn/co$. Thank you for telling your story. :bravo: :rose:

FoTi

Crusader
Welcome and thank you for your story, JoJo. Reading your OP makes me double glad that I left CoS never to return.

On the issue of why do people stay so long in Sci? I think it's mainly from having experienced some wins or gains from auditing along with the misleading lies one is fed from the CoS that we thought and were even convinced were true.....unknown false data or false assertions in relation to the subject of Scientology and how it can help one spiritually in the long run.

I have spent a lot of time reading around this forum as advised by another here and some of the stories are quite awe inspiring. I was only in four years and can't imagine being in for as long as you and coming out a strong and independent person still able to function as you do! When I left I was a wreck in every sense of the word and thought I would never be normal again. My wife was a young widow and I know how hard that was for her without the added problems of scientology knocking on her door. You should be so proud of yourself for coming out whole again.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Glad to hear you're out. i hope you're much happier now. That's not a hard accomplishment considering the way people are treated inside Scientology.