What's new

30+ Years in Scientology

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome Sue

Well, I'm not sure why, but today I feel like posting my name. There are ongoing family issues as I come from a multi generational scio family, and I felt it would be easier on them if I didn't go public, so I didn't. I was also told to stop posting last year on threat of disconnection, which I refused to do so the threat was carried out. This is my story and I refuse to be told what I can and can't communicate about.

I am Sue Thompson, and for anyone who was at Saint Hill from 68-77 I was known as Sue James or Henderson there.

:happydance:

Very well done, it feels great doesn't it?

To finally shrug off the last vestiges of fear associated with the church is not a minor step. We, all of us, whether posting in our own name or not have paid a heavy price to be here. I count the price in terms of loved ones not being able to speak to us and friends who must sever their lines. The demand the church puts on those still in to disconnect is heavy, in spite of their public announcement, they do disconnect family and friends.

Keep pitching Sue, it is my contention that the more of us who come out and stand up as a group and say who we are regardless of the actions the church may or may not take is most definitely what is needed right now!:yes:

When or if any action is taken against you, post it, get it out there. I will be doing exactly that! That is a guarantee:coolwink: :coolwink: :coolwink:

So go ahead if feels right to do it; you will know when it feels right, post in your own name!:happydance: :happydance:

OEO

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Thankyou all so much for your support. I can't answer individually as it would take a page or so, I just wanted to say it means so much to me. I figured that if my story was going to be sitting here, it was time to put a real name to it, and people who may have known me back then will also know the truth of it, and that may help somehow.

The hidden crimes, the silence, the distress, the devastation of familes must come to an end. There are 4 generations of my family affected and as far as I am concerned the best thing I can do is put some truth out there, some explanations from my viewpoint and hope that in the future it helps repair some of the damage the "tech" has done. I also contributed to that damage by putting family way down the priority list for many years, and it has a consequence.

I think it also important to note that the things we are hearing about now are not new. It has always been so in scientology, it is not just 'current management'.

Thanks to those here who have helped me personally too, as it is so very hard to do it alone, and I couldn't have come to my current new life without you.:heartflower:

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello Sue Thompson!

You certainly have a way of living up to your nic'....

It makes me happy to know you are free to shine, free to give expression to all the gifts that lie within

Be Bold, Be Beautiful, Be You....:rose:

Thankyou all so much for your support. I can't answer individually as it would take a page or so, I just wanted to say it means so much to me. I figured that if my story was going to be sitting here, it was time to put a real name to it, and people who may have known me back then will also know the truth of it, and that may help somehow.

The hidden crimes, the silence, the distress, the devastation of familes must come to an end. There are 4 generations of my family affected and as far as I am concerned the best thing I can do is put some truth out there, some explanations from my viewpoint and hope that in the future it helps repair some of the damage the "tech" has done. I also contributed to that damage by putting family way down the priority list for many years, and it has a consequence.

I think it also important to note that the things we are hearing about now are not new. It has always been so in scientology, it is not just 'current management'.

Thanks to those here who have helped me personally too, as it is so very hard to do it alone, and I couldn't have come to my current new life without you.:heartflower:

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron

Thanks to those here who have helped me personally too, as it is so very hard to do it alone, and I couldn't have come to my current new life without you.

Thank you for all your support. You have always extended a helping hand out to me,been there when I thought I couldn't continue.Four generations of my family have been severely affected by Scientology too.

The truth of it is, mention Scientology, put Scientology into the equasion and instantly alarm bells start ringing in my head, even now. Such was the devastation caused by L. Ron Hubbard and his Scientology.

You are right, it isn't just the current management, it has alwys been the same and it cannot continue, it has to be stopped, before any more families are torn apart forcibly by Scientologys technology and Ethics.

It is very hard to do all alone,but we are not alone anymore.

You really are Free to Shine, keep on shining into the sunset of your life.

For you:

GrandFather.
Look at our brokenness.

We know that in all Creation
Only the human family
Has strayed from the Sacred Way.

We know that we are the ones
Who are divided
And we are the ones
Who must come back together
To walk the sacred way

GrandFather,
Sacred One,
Teach us love, compassion,honor
That we may heal the earth
And heal each other.

Ojibway Prayer.

Love,
Sharone

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Love you, Sue.

I think you may be right about this doing more good than harm for the family.

Can we still call you Free To Shine? You obviously are! :flowers:

Wisened One

Crusader
For you:

GrandFather.
Look at our brokenness.

We know that in all Creation
Only the human family
Has strayed from the Sacred Way.

We know that we are the ones
Who are divided
And we are the ones
Who must come back together
To walk the sacred way

GrandFather,
Sacred One,
Teach us love, compassion,honor
That we may heal the earth
And heal each other.

Ojibway Prayer.

Love,
Sharone

Beautiful poem/prayer, Sharone! :cloud9:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Love you, Sue.

I think you may be right about this doing more good than harm for the family.

Can we still call you Free To Shine? You obviously are! :flowers:

I hope you are right Panda. I think you understand what I have done. :)

There just comes a time when rusty old doors need to be opened. You know, those ones that hide spaces full of dust and spiders that seem easy to ignore? Yet it's very existence takes a whole heap of energy to keep it closed and out of sight and until the sunlight gets in, it's an invisible lead weight around your feet.

Yes, Free to Shine still fits fine.

Thankyou again GT, WO, RUF, Tiger Lily, Kathy, Lionheart, Ladybird, ITYIWT, Telepathetic, Opter, DB, DOF, OEO, Tamasin, KV and Panda. What a wonderful group of people!

(And Tamasin, your story affected me more than any other, as in 1968 my family were headed for the ship. If we hadn't been redirected to Saint Hill, your story could easily have been mine... :kiss: )

Sue

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Sue, I think I have an idea of the journey you have been on and continue to travel.

I believe I understand why you've done what you've done.

Although the battle isn't over, you ARE free.

:rose:

Biggest of hugs Sue, that is awesome what you have done. I admire your courage - you have shone light into the dark corners.
You are right - by hiding - even though it makes sense and may be needed - feels like one is giving Scn power.
You are awesome !

Hugs Dorothy

Doom

Lurking.
Truly the toughest lady(sept my wife), you have earned your right to be Free and to shine, Wow what a story that would have broken most people, So thats why you have earned the right to be free to shine.

A truly moving story:thumbsup:

Last edited:

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
<snip>
<endsnip>

I think this is why it is so important for us old-timers to continue to post on ESMB.

So often I read newly-left people blaming DM and expressing that Hubbard ran some sort of Golden Age for Scn.

There never was a Golden Age, when scientologists were treated decently by scientology.

When we left, in '82, we tried to believe that Ron didn't know what was really going on. It took a while to work out that Ron was the CAUSE for what was going on.

After I left, I met a bunch of exes in the Theosophical Society and they had seen how Ron treated people like Cryil Vosper and Reg Sharpe, before my time in the CofS, this was a contribution to me recognising Ron as Source! :yes: I realised the abuse had gone on before my time as well.

FTS and Tamasin, we need people like you to post regulalry to help newbies spot the truth about Scn and about Ron.

Achi

Patron
I think this is why it is so important for us old-timers to continue to post on ESMB.

So often I read newly-left people blaming DM and expressing that Hubbard ran some sort of Golden Age for Scn.

There never was a Golden Age, when scientologists were treated decently by scientology.

When we left, in '82, we tried to believe that Ron didn't know what was really going on. It took a while to work out that Ron was the CAUSE for what was going on.

After I left, I met a bunch of exes in the Theosophical Society and they had seen how Ron treated people like Cryil Vosper and Reg Sharpe, before my time in the CofS, this was a contribution to me recognising Ron as Source! :yes: I realised the abuse had gone on before my time as well.

FTS and Tamasin, we need people like you to post regulalry to help newbies spot the truth about Scn and about Ron.

Ditto this, late sixties, into late seventies, I saw many atrocious things, and heard of more.