What's new

6 Years ago today I left Scientology

Nec_V20

Patron Meritorious
Tarbaby,

I started off as a fully developed and genetically certified asshole. I developed that talent by sticking up for and perhaps keeping Tonei alive beyond his time.

His time came and went recently.

Sit up sometime - like five years or so - on call night and day because when he is talking he is not dying.

Mewlings of being for or against an institution pales when a person you know is dying - if not outside then from the festering decay within.

tarbaby

Patron with Honors
Sit up sometime - like five years or so - on call night and day because when he is talking he is not dying.

For my terminal sister-in-law, I changed manual IV drip-bags (the kind with the little pincher on the tubing) into her heart every 4 hrs for a couple of weeks. If I let it go empty she was dead. And I was looking after their 5 kids, ages 2-14 at the same time. My older brother was in some hotel room shooting a mix of coke and herion.

That kinda thing can drain you. And BTW NEC, you do seem a bit frazzled ... now that I reflect.

Dennis

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
A person shouldn't be a loving person IN SPITE OF his religion (or ology or ism or cult).

So right there...one can see a problem.

Some of the meanest most self righteous and even occasionally vicious people I met were in CofS.

Nec_V20

Patron Meritorious
Tarbaby,

And BTW NEC, you do seem a bit frazzled ... now that I reflect.

You are ace on that one. Who do I have to go to?

One of us has to be the bottom line - even to the point of death. I'm not complaining, I just kept a promise to a friend.

Last edited:

Kerry

Patron with Honors
Ron's hat I demand that you find and use an appropriate avatar. Nec gets to decide whether it's a moral avatar or not. :petals:

Nec_V20

Patron Meritorious
Mick,

it is the first time that I have been criticised by someone who cannot even cut&paste properly. Also I find it somewhat strange that someone who would say:

Well, I'm certainly not joining in on this thread!

actually does join in on this thread - no matter how inadequately.

Is it a case of ron's hat or Ron shat?

Kerry

Patron with Honors
I thought it was funny too. About being the one on the bottom. So to speak. [I have no personal complaints about that po po position.]

I'd also like to apologize Nec and Terril for telling you off like that. :duh:

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
congrats!

Emma, we are out 1 1/2 years , and still find in each day so much beauty and joy in being free of the cult. We were in the Sea Org just long enough to realize we were in prison, and as soon as that sunk in, we left. When you have to go through a guard shack, and a gate, with permission slip signed by the Captain FSO, in order to go out with your own car, you know something is wrong with the picture. Enjoy your freedom! and think of all the money you are saving by not being a Scientologist! Mike

Nec_V20

Patron Meritorious
Mick,

"O Bottom, Thou art translated"

I think the defining movement on this issue belongs to Mark Foley who was such an avid reader, that he was always trying to get to the bottom of the Paige.

Or the "fabulous" Ted Haggard (if you want a biblical antecedent).

ron's hat

Patron with Honors
Ron's hat I demand that you find and use an appropriate avatar. Nec gets to decide whether it's a moral avatar or not. :petals:

Sorry Kerry I missed your post. Nec is an asshole but I don't mind him. MAybe he's got something against gringoes. Anyway...i doubt that I will become a welcome presence around here, but I appreciate your adisory.

Nec_V20

Patron Meritorious
Kerry,

to quote Ron Shat,

Nec is an asshole

Captain obvious much? Why else did you ask me to come back to OCMB after I had left as Apollo13?

Why else did you ask me to get involved in FACTnet (which I did as Sylvie's_Friend)?

As I said to you then, I have the teeth, and it would be a shame if you had to grow them. I used (and use) my talents so that you don't need to learn them.

It's not as if everybody who knows me personally doesn't know that I am an asshole, but what took Ron Shat so long to find out? Either I am slipping or he really is an idiot.

Kerry

Patron with Honors
Nec,

4i6rw47.jpg

Shameful or not, I've grown fangs and discovered my inner a**hole. If I could trust the IP addresses wouldn't show up again on FactNet, I'd go back over there and use them. Thankfully Miss Dorfl sent up a red flag on OCMB about that last week.

On the other hand, the CoS is doing a stellar job of shooting its own feet off all over the planet these days. It's quite wonderful to watch.

Example: here's some pure poetry:

Emma, we are out 1 1/2 years , and still find in each day so much beauty and joy in being free of the cult. We were in the Sea Org just long enough to realize we were in prison, and as soon as that sunk in, we left. When you have to go through a guard shack, and a gate, with permission slip signed by the Captain FSO, in order to go out with your own car, you know something is wrong with the picture. Enjoy your freedom! and think of all the money you are saving by not being a Scientologist! Mike

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
leaving Scientology

Thanks Kerry, I think that's the first time in my life someone called anything I wrote poetic. I kinda like that. I meant it, and I hope more people get out soon. Mike

marty

Patron with Honors
Mike,

Your sentiments on the Hacienda "security" are mine exactly. When I first went to the Hacienda as an OOT
it was an open environment. You could walk in any direction and alone if you chose and very quickly be very
far away from other scientologists. I often did this and enjoyed exploreing the surrounding area. There was a lot
of unclaimed bush and swamp in the area which was very peacefull.

Shortly after this we were all moved to a group of three hotels in a different direction to the Hacienda from the
base. It was some years later I returned to the Hacienda and was surprised at the large fence that now encircled
the whole area. This had a hedge growing through it to obscure easy view in or out. At the top was movement sensors
and cameras. The entrance was a large electric sliding gate with a guard house. Ostensibly it was to provide
security to the staff and to a degree I think this was the purpose but equally I think it had the purpose of
keeping staff in. I found it intimidating.

The hotels also had a security presence which included light beams across the front access way. Not very effective
as there were many blows on the program.

In my last 4months at Flag I was under 24 hr watch. This was done to the extent of having people sit up all night
outside your room. It is difficult to express the impact that can have on you except to say it was the most
degrading experience of my life that has left a permanent mark on me.

The only power the group has over you is the power you give it, once the group percieves you are no longer giving
that power its attempts at control become very desperate and extreme.

Ive always been a very easy going person but my experiences with security in the 4 years I was at Flag has left me
with a deep resentment of such people where ever I meet them now. In fact anybody who tries to run control on me no
matter how innocent is quickly rebuffed. I am not the easy going person I was 20 years ago prior to Scio and that
is something I would really like to resolve.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
The only power the group has over you is the power you give it, ....

I am not the easy going person I was 20 years ago prior to Scio and that
is something I would really like to resolve

Hi Marty

You said it!

It looks like the CofS is losing to me, if they now have to physically keep people in! In my day you could easily blow! Funnily my daughter was asking us this weekend if the CofS used force to keep people in and we said that generally it didn't. Looks like our data was out of date.

Seriously, if you feel you are not the easy-going person you were prior to Scn, then that is because you are still giving the group power over you.

Recovering from Scn is not easy, don't get me wrong, but actually your resolution is to stop giving the group power over you. Depending on your current attitude to the tech, you can either use it or some other method.

PM me if you want some non-scn tips for regaining your power. I have nothing to sell, but maybe I can help.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
It looks like the CofS is losing to me, if they now have to physically keep people in! In my day you could easily blow!

I wonder how many SO members actually pushed that point. After originating I wanted to route out, I spent about six weeks before trying the RPF, under 24 hour watch. It was an agreement thing, a game. Often I would hang around alone waiting for the watch-person to show up. My think was that if I wanted to leave right now, I would just walk out, openly. What would they do? Wrestle me to the ground and tie me up? Knock me unconscious? Kill me? I was only still there because I wanted to route out "properly".

I have read about a couple of high-profile people being held against their will. But if push comes to shove, and the SO member is determined to leave, is the :shark: hierarchy really going to give permission to physically restrain someone? I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but it would not be a decision to be taken lightly, it being a felony and all that annoying outside stuff.

Paul