What's new

A disconnected father's message to his son taken by the Church of Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
A disconnected father's message to his son taken by the Church of Scientology.

From the South African Independent Scientology blog, Scientologists gettinb back in comm:

A father's message
https://backincomm.wordpress.com/2014/08/05/a-fathers-message/
001-60.jpg

I think only a parent can know the extent to which you can love your children.

It’s almost unavoidable. You watch them being born, bring them up, see them grow, and delight in their every achievement along the way. And you just want the very best for them. You crap on them for making the mistakes you made, or in an attempt to prevent those same mistakes. And you love them all the way.

My second-born son, Bruce, never got into Scientology in his earlier years, as he was not yet 2 years old when I left the Church the first time. The Joburg Org and the local Sea Org (called the FOLO at the time), pulled such a dirty on me and my family that I stayed away from 1988 to 2002.

I think he started his first services at Joburg org around 2004, doing Comm Course, Purif, BSM.

The Volunteer Ministers Cavalcade were manning up to go conquer Botswana for 6 months, and he was recruited for this project. He was working for my company at the time, but we gave him 6 months leave of absence, and off he went. We bought him all the necessities of African survival among Sea Org members (this was a Sea Org-run outfit), and wished him well.

Of course the 6 months stretched to 2 years or more, and I started to get really heavy on having him return to post in the company. In the usual way, the Sea Org staff put pressure on him to stay, the job was not done yet, they were going to go to another city, then another country…

I received a KR from him saying how out-ethics my wife and I were for not supporting this obviously “greatest good for the greatest number” effort, and trying to rip him off post etc. (Geez, who ripped who off post?) This was costing us money as while he was working Sea Org hours with Sea Org, he was not an SO member and was not on the payroll. Just a Volunteer Minister.

We made trips to Botswana to visit, sent packages, money and paid for his all his cellphone expenses. Of course, I was also roped into fixing the Mission’s computer equipment – for free.

When finally he returned, it took him a while to recover, and life went on. He was doing the TR’s and Objectives with a twin, then another twin – a girl he met while on course and finally married (more on that). He and his twin (girl-friend) Kerryn, just loved auditing, and as a Scientologist, it seemed like such a great thing – your child becoming an auditor. Moments to be proud of, but also with a little guilt. I asked myself “why didn’t I get him into the Church earlier?”

They were keen on co-auditing their way up the bridge. When asked if he would join the Sea Org, or would like to be crew aboard the Freewinds, his reply was an emphatic “NO WAYS”. Remember he already had a 2-year taste of that.

Enter the AO AF project.

Kerryn gets heavily recruited and decides to join the Sea Org. Seeing the 2D is about to come to a sticky end, and being keen on auditing anyway, he decides to go along and sign up with her. They are to go to Flag to become Class IX auditors, and return to man up the AO AF in the Kyalami Castle. After a quick resignation of his job, and abandoning of MEST and debt for others to sort out, off they go. The EPF goes well, his production record is great (2 years VM work helped here too), and he is ready to roll. Soon Kerryn graduates the EPF too, and together they are working with Robert Bokelmann, Sean Figueroa (who was bust off the mission for out-2d), and “Russell” on recruitment and all the activities that go along with getting someone arrived in the SO.

Now of course, there will be no hokey-pokey in the Sea Org without a marriage license.

Late one night (I think a little after midnight), Shelley received an irate phone call from Kerryn’s mother. Assisted by sufficient alcohol, she is Effing and Blinding about who the fuck do we think we are, and how dare YOUR Fucking Church do something like this and keep something like this from her, and…what the fuck is YOUR Church doing and fucking up families, and she was about to get in her car to come beat Shelley to a pulp..… Why didn’t we tell her Bruce and Kerryn had gotten married?

After a stunned silence (Shelley and I had to digest all this and try and work it out.) Right. Obviously they got married, and the mother doesn’t know about it. And neither do we. Which we try to explain to her, but she was off her rocker big-time. Score another PR Point, C of S!

We duly phoned Bruce, and it turned out to be true. Explanation given was it HAD TO BE DONE by such and such a time, and they could not berth together unless married, and so in the dead of night, they summoned up Ryan Hogarth to make it official. From the Church’s point of view, all is well. That’s a done. Send a CR and screw the devastation caused to families and relatives.

Unfortunately, Kerryn was doing so well on her post, handling Visas and applications and project prepares, etc. that she had difficulty in getting a replacement as efficient as she was. I started to get that uneasy feeling deep in the pit of my stomach. I’ve seen this shit before. The Church of Scientology is the one place in the world where you will be penalized for being really good at something. “You did a good job, therefore, we cannot honour our promise to you and you have to continue doing the job you were not recruited for in the first place.” So Bruce is ready to go, and Kerryn is not.

No problem. Theta is senior to MEST. Thetans are not related to each other. The greatest good for the greatest number. You’ve had plenty marriages on the Whole Track, what’s the rush?

So Bruce is sent to Flag (Dec 2010), and begins his training. Kerryn stays in Joburg on the recruit mission and due to join Bruce later on for which we supply a whole new set of luggage for her to take with.

Instead, she is kept on the admin post and embarks on a country recruitment trip with Robert Bokelmann. The years go by. The point came where they had been married for 2 years, and had been together for at most two weeks. This being a brand-new marriage, Kerryn was understandably upset. Bruce too, but he was putting up with way more problems at Flag than just a missing wife. During those 2 years Kerryn made one trip to Flag and they had an afternoon off together and were put in separate berthings despite being married.

The primary purpose of the Sea Org is to separate couples and families, so Kerryn being put on the AO AF training team was not to be, and she had to return to South Africa to continue the recruiting for AO AF.

Inevitably, the call came. That phone call that sets all kinds of mental gears in motion. THE BOMB.

The call came from Sonja Falas, asking Shelley if she has a phone number for Sharon (Bruce’s mother, and long-time off-lines ex Scientologist.) Shelley says no, dunno. End of call. But the gears are in motion, and, putting two and two together, she calls Sonja back and casually suggests she get the number from Kerryn. And then the fancy footwork begins – “No, we can’t get hold of Kerryn, as she is on LOA having a family get-together somewhere, so we’re trying to get her through her Mom”. (This is the other thing, of course. You have a CSW approved in writing, and are legitimately on leave, but they will call, and cancel that, and you gotta come back. Now.)

Shelley is clairvoyant, and knows immediately: Kerryn has blown. I am skeptical, and think she may just be on leave and unwilling to take calls from the SO. A call to Robert Bokelmann’s number gets no response.

Shelley goes into Facebook Police mode and checks the Facebook pages of Kerryn, and Bruce. Kerryn’s facebook page was gone. On a whim, she checks out Robert Bokelmann’s Facebook page, as he may be able to shed some light on it. The account has disappeared. GONE. Calls to his cell phone number don’t work either.

Okay, onto Peach’s Facebook page, maybe she can shed some light. Oh dear. All the pictures of Robert have been removed and the only ones remaining are of Peach and other people, no Robert. Again, Shelley is clairvoyant, and knows Oops! There has been some Out-2D here, resulting in Robert disappearing, and Peach expunging him from her life. At this point I see AO AF disappearing over a distant horizon… bye bye.

At a later stage, Shelley had it personally confirmed to her that Rob Bokelmann had no less than 3 known out-2d escapades while on his country recruit trips.

Eventually Shelley gets hold of Peach (who is in the UK handling some major medical problem) and Peach finally spills the beans. Kerryn has blown. Shelley then phones Sonja and tells her she knows the truth, falling just short of calling her a lying B**tch.

Soon enough I got a call from Bruce at Flag, looking for Kerryn who he had not been able to get hold of. The SO (f***cking bastards) had not even told him that his wife had been blown for more than a month, and it was left up to Shelley and I to tell him. Not the kind of news one wants to put on a long-distance comm line to my son. He begs us for help in locating her which we manage to do, but she wants nothing to do with ANYONE from the Church. No data coming from her at all. She basically had had enough, and wasn’t going back – no way, no how.

Around October 2013 I got a call from Bruce to ask if we can help and pay for him get a divorce long-distance (conservative estimate of R20,000.00). At this point I put my foot down and said no. If you’re man enough to marry her, be a man and come divorce her. See her face to face, do it locally at low cost, and finished. I cautioned him to advise the MAA not to declare her suppressive (they were going to do that because she blew the Sea Org, and refused to come and route out) as this would mean Bruce could not be in comm with her, at which point divorce would be nearly impossible. You can’t ask your wife to sign divorce papers if you’re not allowed to talk to her, can you?

Bruce then suggests he comes out to South Africa in December 2013 but is asking the family to pay R18,000 for a return ticket, and he’s not sure if he can get leave and if so, by when etc.

By this point things in South Africa were heating up with rumours of mass declares about to occur, interrogatories happening and my wife walking around with a target on her back after a two-year incessant witch hunt.

Anyway, GAT2 is released, and Bruce goes from Flag-Trained ClassIV permanent gold-sealed—— to zero in one foul swoop. All that Flag training he had done in the last 2 and a half years was total shit, and he now has to start again at the bottom. Man, are we going to open this AO with lightning speed………

With my wife’s head on the proverbial chopping block and the “Jobur 18? massacre having occurred courtesy of the arrival of the Storm Troopers, we had had enough. The next phone call with Bruce was listened in on by the MAA and at some point she took over the call in an effort to try “talk us down”. I queried the MAA about this issue of not being allowed cell phones in graduation and quickly realised from her response that the Church knew damn well what they were doing was totally off policy and they were in abject terror of being exposed.

That was the last time I spoke to my son.

I resigned from the church at my wife’s comm Ev (read Spanish Inquisition). I sent a letter to Bruce stating my grievances and quoted specific policies which Int. Management were blatantly violating. I pointed out a few flagrant violations of LRH policy and tech. Copy to the MAA and the local Comm-EV. This immediately put me “in bad standing” with the church and I never got a reply from Bruce.

And then Shelley and I were declared (by rumour of course, the Church has to date not informed us of this fact).

Today (4th August) is Bruce’s birthday. As a father, I want nothing more than to be able to wish him well and send him something. But this cannot be.

This occasion brings to mind a tone level which has been overlooked on the poison dwarf’s new tone scale. I will call it “SERENITY of OBEDIENCE”.

Bruce joined the SO to train up to class IX for the new AO AF (which will probably never open).

He got about half way there but then GAT2 happened, and he was back on the hamster wheel.

His marriage is ended, because the Church decrees his wife an SP. Her senior (Rob Bokelmann) after going out-2d, gets a promotion and is relocated to the USA with his wife Peach.

I know Bruce has disconnected from his suppressive father (who helped him on his journey in Scientology) and that he is so indoctrinated he will not look. He is not allowed to. Perhaps he is scared to lose his bridge and his eternal freedom.

So he obeys the church in a tone level of “SERENITY of OBEDIENCE” and pretends all is well.

When Bruce got into Scientology and proudly sent me the message about having achieved Class 4, I felt a great sense of pride. Sadly, I now regret having taken him anywhere near the Church. This however, does not make me love him any less.

Anyway, Happy Birthday, son.

We are here for you on the day you finally see what you are looking at.

All my Love,

Dad