A New Golden Age for Clearwater?

Discussion in 'Mike Rinders Blog' started by RSS Feed, Jun 22, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

A New Golden Age for Clearwater?

Our friend Mark Bunker is in the news again. But this time it isn’t about what scientology is doing to Fair Game him. Some of you may have seen the announcement that Wise Beard Man intends to run for a seat on the Clearwater City Commission. It was reported in the Tampa Bay Times yesterday. […]

Continue reading...

2. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Yet...

I hope he wins by a landslide

3. Teanntás

Teanntás Silver Meritorious Patron

It will be a great opportunity to lay out the history of Scientology in Clearwater - any of their usual tactics against Mark will have a great potential to backfire.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  4. CaliMule

CaliMule Work Hard and Bray

I think Bunker can make a very good commissioner, and this in turn can revitalize Clearwater's ability to deal with Scientology as rational adults. (As they should have started doing decades ago and persisted in doing all along.)

Rational adults realize you sometimes might choose to swat a young child's bottom because they attempting to reason with them doesn't work well enough, and a young child is capable of conduct which must be stopped or curbed. There is never justification for knocking the child's teeth out however. Clearwater previously took the "justified in knocking their teeth out!!!" attitude towards Scientology and it cost them. The nonscientology citizens became demoralized when the obvious and logical judicial response to juvenile pugnacity by Clearwater occurred.

Seriously, just contemplate what proportionality and justice really consist of, and you don't get into stupid nonsense like Clearwater persisted in doing for years until an adult - in the form of a judge - took proportionate steps to curb Clearwater's misconduct. From a rational adult sort of frame of mind it is very feasible to properly govern Scientology in Clearwater and convince them they must act like they are within Western Civilization, not some conquering force that can do as it pleases.

I think Bunker would be excellent in promoting this sort of thing. He seems to be an excellent example of an emotionally composed, rational adult.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  5. Okay, let's start our list of predictions for "dirty tricks" that CO$ will play against Mark Bunker's campaign:
    1. Dozens of pizzas will be delivered to his campaign headquarters. (Didn't LRH himself suggest this?)
    2. Scientology will guess the passcode to Bunker's answering machine at his campaign HQ (or his personal cell phone) and change the friendly greeting to an obnoxious one.
    3. His car will mysteriously have lots of flat tires.
    4. He will face a "noisy investigation" by PIs.
    5. His trash will be searched.
    Does anyone want to make any more predictions? Post them !

6. CaliMule

CaliMule Work Hard and Bray

If the phony pizza order trick is played, it hands Mr. Wise Beard a GOLDEN opportunity to look like good candidate material, provided, of course, he responds to it like an emotionally composed and rational adult. Those are the people we want in office, right?

I too have had the the phony pizza call stunt pulled on me, and it was obviously by an immature person. I know this because the pranker followed up with a call to the house which gave away her location and purpose of the phony pizza call prank. High school and sometimes college age brats are the type to pull this, and this fact can be used advantageously.

Almost everyone knows this is a "punk" stunt, done by youths, even without my special evidence proving this when it happened to me.

Mr. Bunker can explain to Pizza Dude that payment is only owed by the actual person making the contract. (True.) That was not him, but some prank caller, then, who owes for the pizza. (True.) This means Pizza Dude is out-of-pocket on a bad prank - but Mr. Bunker wants to help a wronged citizen. Can Mr. Pizza Dude describe the voice of the cruel prank caller? Male or female, young or old, accent or not? After Pizza Dude explains these facts, pay him something for the pizzas (maybe) as good PR and tell Pizza Dude to be more careful about collecting information from people ordering pizza. (Which he dang well should have in the first place!!!)

If it turns out a MATURE voiced person did the prank, (is OSA stupid enough to enroll youngsters in a dirty tricks "caper"?) Mr. Bunker can then plead with the public for assistance:

"Pizza Dude, an innocent member of the public, was wronged by a prank caller. Usually this stupid prank is pulled by unruly youths, but in this case a MATURE caller placed the phony order. Can anyone help out by suggesting what MATURE person in Clearwater might wish to pull such a prank on me, that unfortunately leaves Pizza Dude out-of-pocket rather than harm me at all?"

Pizza Dude will get "crowd sourced" assistance in the form of patrons who want to help him out by being his patrons. Wisebeard Man will look like the rational adult he deserves to be perceived as. (And knowledegable enough about law to handle the pizza call prank properly.)

And guess who loses in this scenario????

Of course he can blow it too:
    - Use the pejorative word "cult" a lot, the same way people once used words like "kike" or "wetback" or "honky" and such. This is a good way to show you get personal gratification from spouting off like a bigot.
    - He can spout off about a "dangerous cult" when nothing more than a common juvenile prank was involved, no real danger, making himself look foolish.
    - He can mutter about "mafia" like tactics when no corpses, no hospitalized people with severe bodily injury, no to-the-face menacing threats, or any other mafia like stuff happened at all. That's a very popular act of stupidity for Scientology critics - to complain of "mafia" conduct that does not even vaguely in any way resemble mafia conduct.

He can blow it, by following the usual dumbkopf critic playbook, or win nicely by acting like a rational and emotionally composed adult.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  7. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

While I only met Mark IRL very briefly, from watching many hours of video with Mark interacting with Scientologists, advising Anonymous, interacting with the Clearwater Police, and other video, I get a very strong impression that he is one of the most rational, emotionally composed adults of anyone I know, or at least comes across that way.

Hmmm, I disagree with your putting the word "cult" into the same category as the others.

The terms "kike", "wetback", and "honky" are ethnic or racial slurs, intended to be derogatory. Whereas the term "cult" CAN be used in that manner but it a perfectly accurate descriptive adjective for the Co$.

Clearly the CoS IS a dangerous cult, but I'm sure Mark won't characterize an incident like this with the pizzas as 'dangerous'.

Actually the CoS is very much guilty of mafia-like tactics.

It just so happens they've used such tactics against a former Mayor of Clearwater, Gabe Cazares.

They've used them against others in Clearwater as well. But not my story to tell.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  8. Type4_PTS

I won't predict anything specifically, but will just predict that yes, the Co$ will apply their Fair Game "scriptures" in an attempt to impede Mark's chances of being elected.

And I also predict that they will be exposed for doing such, and it will be covered by a local TV channel in the Clearwater/Tampa Bay area.

9. (6) Is Mark Bunker covered by the Lisa McPherson restraining order or consent decree or whatever it was?
    (7) Negative websites will be created (didn't CO$ do this for Rinder, Rathbun etc a few years back?)
    (8) Squirrel Busters with cameras and goofy hats, just like Marty Rathbun!
    (9) Camera Tech -- didn't a dog belonging to the owner of The Lucky Anchor bar sniff out a camera in the grass? There have been so many incidents now, they all run together in my memory.

10. Karakorum

Karakorum supressively reasonable

I think they will hire lobbyists, hecklers and maybe also news people to derail Bunker's campaign. I also think they might want to support some other candidates to block Bunker.

11. Type4_PTS

Yeah, they may attempt to do ALL of that.

And they'll attempt to find some respected and influential people in the local area to help them.

I feel though that Mark can be a formidable candidate, someone I would personally consider voting for onto the City Council (if I lived there) even if it had absolutely to do with Scientology.

While he's got no previous experience in government, he's very intelligent, very likable, and I believe the Clearwater voters will embrace him.

Given that Scientology IS a factor though, that will help him. The city has frequently had issues co-existing with Scientology over the decades, and Mark truly IS an expert, and will be able to help educate the other Clearwater government officials.

12. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

Cooooooool...