What's new

A note on Scales

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scales are a very important part of Scientology.

Pretty much everything is arranged in some sort of scale or heirarchy. Human emotion, human conditions, processing (auditing), training, organizational structure ... everything.

Probably the most important in Scientology is the Scale of Awareness.

Pretty much everything is put somewhere on this. Tone (emotional level), organizational structure (different departments are supposed to reflect different awareness characteristics), the training and auditing bridge.

This is the chart which ties it all together.

There is a post somewhere on this board which lists them and I can find it right now. Can someone post a link to the list on this board?

So, everything in Scientology can (theoretically) be understood better if one understands what scientology means by these different levels. Some are self explanatory. Many could use definition as to what scn defines them as.

Would someone else like to explain the different awareness characteristics or do people want me to do it?

Every scale is basically Be, Do and Have. The cycle of action broken down into tiny steps and viewed from different viewpoints. Be, Do and Have is basic to the universe - that is to say it is the ability to postulate and perceive with Time and Space added to it.

Grasp that fully and all else will fall into place.

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
Every scale is basically Be, Do and Have. The cycle of action broken down into tiny steps and viewed from different viewpoints. Be, Do and Have is basic to the universe - that is to say it is the ability to postulate and perceive with Time and Space added to it.

Grasp that fully and all else will fall into place.

Well, I don't want people to HAVE to understand "Be Do Have" or any other part of "the tech" if they don't want to.

I just wanted to make a blanket statement that almost all things in Scientology are arranged in some type of scale or heirerchy.

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
Another user (gomorrhan) posted a link on my other thread, which has explanations for the scales and their relationship to the levels of awareness, conditions, etc. It's pretty good .. so I quote it here:

I much prefer Konchok Penday's revisitation of many scales (including Tone Scale), aligned, and I find it predictive and revelatory as laid out by him.

here: http://www.net-prophet.net/ucp/nuchart14.htm