Featured A small piece of the story-me as an OOT

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Sky, Jan 11, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

I just found this thread. Wow. Pretty horrific read. Sky, if you're still around, I'm glad you escaped!!

They did this to public in the course rooms, too. All their promo is fake.

2. cantsay

cantsay Patron Meritorious

I know this thread is probably dead and gone, but it reminded me of an incident where a recently recruited staff was sent to Flag as an OOT. The org forgot to mention to her at the time that they didnt have the money for ALL the flights to get her there. Next thing she knows, she is stuck living in an airport (Hong Kong I think) for days and days, with no money for food or a hotel, until the org could bring in enough GI to pay for the rest of the flights.

Her partner was FURIOUS. And at the time, I agreed with him, although I didnt have the guts to say anything to the morons that did that to her. She blew shortly after.

I have to admit, being an OTT is one of the more horrific experiences for staff (I did the Continental version). Like EPF for Class Vs.

Emme - I remember when that stupid record came out and we had to sing at muster for months (1999-2002 sometime? If youre talking about an earlier one, they did it again!). Goddamn, that was rediculous.

3. Jimmymac

Jimmymac Patron

I am trying to remember the name of that stupid fucking album. It tortured me for a year played non stop by sci friends, flatmates etc. I do remember having to listen to it at muster don't ever remeber having to sing it but maybe it was just so painful I blocked it out :D

4. Takin Time

Takin Time Patron with Honors

The Road to Freedom?
    State of Mind?
    The Joy of Creating? (the one with that kooky lady flying away in the bubble)

5. Jimmymac

Jimmymac Patron

Thats the one. The road to Freedom

6. cantsay

cantsay Patron Meritorious

We only did it for a couple of months, I was so relieved when it stopped. For ages we had to have LRHs music playing in the org AT ALL TIMES.... there was always some fad pushed on us by upper management.

7. Jimmymac

Jimmymac Patron

It was sooooo theta and up stat etc though. You are showing your suppressive tendencies. Either that or you had an MU in one of the songs, otherwise you would have thought it was better than mozart and the beatles combined:D :D

8. Moomin

Moomin Patron

Fantastic Story!

Hi Sky,

I have just read your story and found it very moving. I too know EXACTLY what you mean as my experience as an OOT was hellish.

J

9. Nicki

Nicki Patron with Honors

When were you there Sky?
    This stuff is news to me...and very interesting...good your writing about it.
    Nicki

10. Nicki

Nicki Patron with Honors

When were you there Sky?
    This stuff is news to me...and very interesting...good you're writing about it.
    Nicki

11. Sky

Sky Patron with Honors

I was an OOT at Flag from Summer 2001 to Summer 2002. So things have probably changed there a little--but I would guess not much.

I just realized that it's been a couple of years since I started this thread. I had to read through it again to remember everything that I wrote about.

I'm happy that I've been able to move on with my life, and although my experiences in Scientology will probably always have at least a little bit of traumatic impact on my existence, for the most part I feel like I am recovered.

Yay!:happydance:

12. vumba

vumba Patron with Honors

That really sucks and I feel for you. You mention the mouldy motel rooms... they were icky when I lived in them in 1980, so they must have been rank when you were in them. Did they still have heavy shagpile carpets?

Your work study sounded more like RPF! Glad you're out.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2017
  13. Koot

Koot Patron with Honors

Well, I was there in the KTL / LOC push myself. I was from PTLF at ITO on Hollywood Blvd. In short, I will say, find your own way from housing(barracks at WUS to ITO, some miles away) Run down stairs to lunch, Dinner??? , I forget!!! 14 hrs a day 6 days a week, Sunday, class at noon!! You get to do laundry. Very non stop go go go. I did it with gusto. It was grueling but THAT was the game. Took a shower one morning in a shower with a backed up drain and got a case of athletes foot that went septic. Was kept in "isolation" till the fever came down. You think I was PTS!!~!!!! I finished the KTL training and was ready to go back to PTLF. Kind of a badge of honor. I toughed it out!! Oops, , new rundown, Get busy boy. LOC. "You should be honored to be able to do this" Alright let's go for it, lots of good data but can you say OVERRUN!! I won't go into the details right now. One good thing was that while on LOC I was auditing as an intern at ITO and did comp my IV internship. Sorry Gemma, I just HAD to get out of there. Well, that's about it. In brief!!!!!!!!

14. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Because I really had good wins on the KTL the LOC was in my view a joke. Not in the same league at all. To some extent, I think, setting Hubbard's tweak - the modifiers - aside, it was one of their best products.

Mimsey