What's new

A survey for those that still have feelings for Scientology

phenomanon

Canyon
Gosh I really like those. Sensible. Comfortable.

Cult life and comfortable under-garments. Brilliant. :eyeroll:

I wonder if they come in different colours....

That women's one looks like something that would by boobs up without my feeling they were stapped in. I detest bras. Haven't worn one since early 60s. Needing something now because boobs are
shifting to beneath my armpits.
Strapped In as a new Int button. LOL.

Free Being Me

Crusader
I didn't know what FIFY meant. I didn't want to appear senile by asking, so thanks for the clarification of the letters
PPl who read my posts know that I have not computer skill, so on a few occasions, even just a couple days ago, I asked for someone to post a link that I hadn't the smarts to find. They did. That FIF(M).
I've never thought it to be sarcastic or derogatory or anything but helpful. FIFY now I know! Fixed It For You! Woot

:)

Using FIFY can be a hazardous venture, user beware ... lol. Apparently FIFY isn't listed in elcon's tek dictionary which leaves hubbardites resorting to [STRIKE]ARC[/STRIKE] self-aggrandizing adhoms. :duh:

>snippy< No, but you are rude, presumptuous and abusive (for posting a FIFY).

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
That women's one looks like something that would by boobs up without my feeling they were stapped in. I detest bras. Haven't worn one since early 60s. Needing something now because boobs are
shifting to beneath my armpits.
Strapped In as a new Int button. LOL.

lol!

Phen, try the one-piece Ahh Bra, comfort bra... lots of names for it. It's really just super stretchy material with thin pads in front that can be taken out and an extra wide stretchy band underneath (but it's better with the pads in or too see-through). Even K-mart sells them. I have half a dozen, nearly all the elderly clients use them when they have to use bras, too. They aren't sexy or pretty, but they are terrifically comfortable and can be worn all day. Not hard to put on or off, either, unlike the old athletic bras.

The skin gets more tender and sensitive as we age, so wires can actually cut in or cause rashes. Even the back buckles can cause rashes, or just the rubbing of material under the breasts for wireless bras.

Here's a link with pic:

http://www.classicshapewear.com/rho...rid=au861034&gclid=CP6X_MjH9b4CFVgRvQodZFUAxQ

/derail

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
lol!

Phen, try the one-piece Ahh Bra, comfort bra... lots of names for it. It's really just super stretchy material with thin pads in front that can be taken out and an extra wide stretchy band underneath (but it's better with the pads in or too see-through). Even K-mart sells them. I have half a dozen, nearly all the elderly clients use them when they have to use bras, too. They aren't sexy or pretty, but they are terrifically comfortable and can be worn all day. Not hard to put on or off, either, unlike the old athletic bras.

The skin gets more tender and sensitive as we age, so wires can actually cut in or cause rashes. Even the back buckles can cause rashes, or just the rubbing of material under the breasts for wireless bras.

Here's a link with pic:

http://www.classicshapewear.com/rho...rid=au861034&gclid=CP6X_MjH9b4CFVgRvQodZFUAxQ

/derail

I'm going to post a thread in off-topic... just because I have a place that folks RAVE about their bras--- NOT cute bras, but female-friendly comfy and all good humanitarian stuff...

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron

Using FIFY can be a hazardous venture, user beware ... lol. Apparently FIFY isn't listed in elcon's tek dictionary which leaves hubbardites resorting to [STRIKE]ARC[/STRIKE] self-aggrandizing adhoms. :duh:

FBM,

I was thinking about letting this go, but it's clearly become personal since you're continuing to needle me about it.

Maybe we should put each other on ignore from now on.

And btw, I didn't call you "rude, presumptuous and abusive" for posting an FIFY, but for the remark you made about my eyesight. The evidence is there if you wish to check it.

Last edited:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
As for my being a "hubbardite", I don't think so but (as a British politician memorably said in a different situation) that's for others to judge. It's not a road I believe is worth going down because I'd end up talking about myself the whole time and that's not what this board is (or IMO should be) about.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

FIFY is a very highly charged subject for Scientologists.

It is (in their words) "putting words in their mouth". They have too much integrity to ever allow someone else to tell them what they think.

But, then again, they should be used to that, because that's all that Hubbard ever did to Scientologists.

Hey! I just realized that if I ever want to get back on the Bridge, I will have to write up this post in my O/Ws. LOL

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron

It is (in their words) "putting words in their mouth". They have too much integrity to ever allow someone else to tell them what they think.

But, then again, they should be used to that, because that's all that Hubbard ever did to Scientologists.

Hey! I just realized that if I ever want to get back on the Bridge, I will have to write up this post in my O/Ws. LOL

On the assumption that this is aimed at me, since you're quoting an attack on me to make your point; indeed, which is why I left after four months (and the fact that the org was dumb enough to show its arse to me while I was still introductory public). I got a telling off for giving my beliefs about dreams, which were at variance with what Ron Hubbard said about them, to someone who was "org public" and thus considered capable of being influenced by me.

No one ever has the right to tell you what to think.

Free Being Me

Crusader
because L Ron Hubbard has been quite successful at discrediting the subject.

FIFY

Credit given where credit is due.

I beg to differ. This is what Helena said;

"David Miscavige has been quite successful at discrediting the subject."

which you changed to

"L Ron Hubbard has been quite successful at discrediting the subject,"

calling it a "comment of clarity," although it is a quite different statement, and ending with "FIFY" (fixed it for you). If that isn't putting words in Helena's mouth, I don't know what is.

Are you blind? I posted a FIFY ... that was my comment. Complaining about the stupendously obvious is so trivial.

No, but you are rude, presumptuous and abusive. My physical impairments, if any, are not your concern unless I choose to share them on this board or with you - and given comments like that from you I'm not likely to.

True, but piggybacking on hers - that's what an FIFY is. It presumes upon the tolerance of the other person more than a straightforward response does - which is why I rarely use it myself (see below).

Trivial to you, maybe, but Helena didn't think so, did she? She clearly objected to your comment on the basis that you were "putting words in her mouth", and you've tried to brush her aside, instead of doing what I believe you should have done which is to ask yourself what she was unhappy about.

Personally, I wouldn't FIFY anyone's comments unless I was fairly sure they'd respond well to it, as by doing it one is not only saying that one's comment trumps theirs but that they should agree that it does, especially when in your case you refer to your own remarks as "a comment of clarity", which has the implication that the comment you've fixed is unclear or confused.

I can understand Helena objecting to that as I don't think that is an action likely to endear you to the person whose comment you've used to make your point (or maybe to a disinterested observer either).

FBM,

I was thinking about letting this go, but it's clearly become personal since you're continuing to needle me about it.

Maybe we should put each other on ignore from now on.

And btw, I didn't call you "rude, presumptuous and abusive" for posting an FIFY, but for the remark you made about my eyesight. The evidence is there if you wish to check it.

Asking "Are you blind" regarding my posted FIFY was a figurative question (I.E.- a rhetorical, "can't you read?"), responding with "No, but you are rude, presumptuous and abusive" is you turning a harmless FIFY into "clearly becoming personal" adhoms. You lowered yourself to adhoms about me, I can and will comment/quote/ridicule about that in any way I deem fit whether you like it or not.

:congratulations:

:hysterical:

ron_zpsd336bd92.jpg

L Ron Hubbard:
Damn it, these internet acronyms are suppressive J & D-ing, what are your crimes, what are your crimes!!!

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Asking "Are you blind" regarding my posted FIFY was a figurative question

<snip>

Well if it was me, and I thought someone had a problem with reading one of my posts, I'd phrase it something like this; "I hope you don't mind my asking, but do you have any difficulty in reading what I'm saying?"

Some people on my side of the Atlantic would find even that rude. Putting it the way you did, though, would be seen as highly aggressive by most British people and I'd guess by a good many Americans as well.

(I.E.- a rhetorical, "can't you read?"), responding with "No, but you are rude, presumptuous and abusive" is you turning a harmless FIFY into "clearly becoming personal" adhoms. You lowered yourself to adhoms about me.

I think I've already answered that above, but just to repeat; no, it was not what I was responding to in that post but your comment about my eyesight. I answered the point about FIFYs in the previous post.

We've already had the discussion about FIFYs in full in this thread now and can agree to differ if needs be; I see no point in prolonging it here.

I can and will comment/quote/ridicule about that in any way I deem fit whether you like it or not.

I'm sure you will, which is why I'm not sure it's worth continuing this conversation. It seems to me though that you may have an awareness deficit in how you come over to other people. You come across as very aggressive and confrontational, as both that remark and the question about my eyesight illustrate even when, presumably, you're not intending to be.

I actually want to enjoy the limited time I have to spend posting here, as I believe most other people here do too. In order for that to happen some kinds of constraints sometimes have to be observed in people's conduct when posting online (in my case I've had to learn not to use Tech language when not absolutely necessary, for example, as a lot of people here understandably don't like it).

If you are intending to be, on the other hand...well, we can both draw our conclusions from that. All I can say is that if you want me to read your posts, it is best avoided. I am not required to read the results of that on any board with an ignore list.

Last edited:

Free Being Me

Crusader
<snip>Well if it was me, and I thought someoone had a problem with reading one of my posts, I'd phrase it something like this; "I hope you don;t mind my asking, but do you have any difficulty in reading what I'm saying?"

Some people on my side of the Atlantic would find even that rude. Putting it the way you did, though, would be seen as an insult by most British people and I'd guess by a good many Americans as well.

I'm sure you will, which is why I'm not sure it's worth continuing this conversation. It seems to me though that you may have an awareness deficit in how you come over to other people. You seem very aggressive and confrontational even when, presumably, you're not intending to be.

If you are intending to be, on the other hand...well, we can both draw our conclusions from that. All I can say is that if you want me to read your posts, it is best avoided. I am not required to read the results of that on any board with an ignore list.

No, you're missing the point entirely. ESMB is a highly visible site with a huge readership and I don't appreciate your "you are rude, presumptuous and abusive" comment over a fucking FIFY. Even after Bill and JustSheila provided an explanation of what FIFY is (that you could have looked up on google before posting your slurs) it didn't even occur to you to offer an apology afterwards. Accusing me of an "awareness deficit" for speaking up for myself (with a little J&D-ing added in) regarding your smears is utter bullshit. Go look in mirror, your hypocrisy sucks and so does $cientology.

Last edited:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
No, you're missing the point entirely. ESMB is a highly visible site with a huge readership and I don't appreciate your "you are rude, presumptuous and abusive" comment over a fucking FIFY. Even after Bill and JustSheila provided an explanation of what FIFY is (that you could have looked up on google before posting your slurs) it didn't even occur to you to offer an apology afterwards. Accusing me of an "awareness deficit" for speaking up for myself (with a little J&D-ing added in) regarding your smears is utter bullshit. Go look in mirror, your hypocrisy sucks and so does $cientology.

It was not over a "fucking FIFY", as I've just explained. It was because of what you said about my eyesight.

No hypocrisy at all.

Believe that or not, the truth stands clear.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
FBM, can you honestly not see that "Are you blind?" is an inappropriate at best, and very hostile at worst, way to enquire about someone's eyesight?

Free Being Me

Crusader
It was not over a "fucking FIFY", as I've just explained. It was because of what you said about my eyesight.

No hypocrisy at all.

Believe that or not, the truth stands clear.

FBM, can you honestly not see that "Are you blind?" is an inappropriate at best, and very hostile at worst, way to enquire about someone's eyesight?

Asking "Are you blind" regarding my posted FIFY was a figurative question (I.E.- a rhetorical, "can't you read?")>snip<

Ah, I see (no pun intended), differentiating between the literal and the figuratively rhetorical isn't your strong suit. Over thinking looking for insults that don't exist and weren't offered for an excuse to post defamatory tripe is indeed an "awareness deficit," fortunately not on my part. Never fear, there must be some kind of tekky thing to fix that .... lol.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

If you do have a problem with your self-esteem and/or with your eyesight, that's your problem, not ours. So can you please stop playing a victim when you aren't one and can you also please STFU and HTFU, like, right now? Because, frankly, it's getting a little annoying. Nobody here attacks you, nobody here wants to hurt you, nobody here has any ill will against you. Someone made a FIFY reply to one of your posts and that's all there is to it. So what?

Geeze, the cult doesn't even make good drama queens anymore... :melodramatic:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ah, I see (no pun intended), differentiating between the literal and the figuratively rhetorical isn't your strong suit. Over thinking looking for insults that don't exist and weren't offered for an excuse to post defamatory tripe is indeed an "awareness deficit," fortunately not on my part. Never fear, there must some kind of tekky thing to fix that .... lol.

FBM; just that one post illustrates perfectly the point I'm making about you if you could only see it. And it does seem obvious to me that you don't see it.

Someone takes a comment of yours, in this case about their eyesight, as an insult, even though you don't intend it.

You respond by ridiculing them for taking it as an insult. It never seems to occur to you that it might matter that they are offended by what you say, whether you intended it or not.

It would to a lot of people. Unintended circumstances can matter just as much as intended ones can,

I'm ending this conversation right here. I don't see any point in continuing it. In fact, I suggest we put each other on ignore from now on.

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon
I'm going to post a thread in off-topic... just because I have a place that folks RAVE about their bras--- NOT cute bras, but female-friendly comfy and all good humanitarian stuff...

My bad for de-railing the kerfluffle about the use of FIFY.
Thanks for that link. I put it in my favorites and am gonna try 'em, and maybe some other of their products.
About elderly boobs: Mine don't sag much, but they have moved sideways. Not really a problem, except I used to show a lot of cleavage, and now I don't. ( I would wear see-thu shirts to ASHO. Part of my success with PCs).
The big thing with bras, other than the painful wires, is that bras push the twins up.... like... under my chin!
When I modelled, I wore "Merry Widows". Remember them? Long lined and pulled the waist in making an hour glass figure.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
If you do have a problem with your self-esteem and/or with your eyesight, that's your problem, not ours. So can you please stop playing a victim when you aren't one and can you also please STFU and HTFU, like, right now? Because, frankly, it's getting a little annoying. Nobody here attacks you, nobody here wants to hurt you, nobody here has any ill will against you. Someone made a FIFY reply to one of your posts and that's all there is to it. So what?

Geeze, the cult doesn't even make good drama queens anymore... :melodramatic:

If you're getting annoyed I'm sorry but believe it or not, this isn't fun for me either. If it's too painful for you, feel free to put me on ignore.

BTW, I wasn't in the cult long enough for them to turn me into a "drama queen" - I left after four months. I did see one in my local org though, sadly she was on staff as well.

Free Being Me

Crusader
FBM; just that one post illustrates perfectly the point I'm making about you if you could only see it. And it does seem obvious to me that you don;t see it.

Someone takes a comment of yours, in this case about their eyesight, as an insult, even though you don't intend it.

You respond by ridiculing them for taking it as an insult. It never seems to occur to you that it might matter that they are offended by what you say, whether you intended it or not.

It would to a lot of people. Unintended circumstances can matter just as much as intended ones can,

I'm ending this conversation right here. I don't see any point in continuing it. In fact, I suggest we put each other on ignore from now on.

I'm willing to let bygones be bygones, however trying to convince me (or anyone else) I'm a villain for using a FIFY and a rhetorical question is really out there. Let's talk about Xenu, he's always worth a chuckle ... lol.

Free Being Me

Crusader
My bad for de-railing the kerfluffle about the use of FIFY.
Thanks for that link. I put it in my favorites and am gonna try 'em, and maybe some other of their products.
About elderly boobs: Mine don't sag much, but they have moved sideways. Not really a problem, except I used to show a lot of cleavage, and now I don't. ( I would wear see-thu shirts to ASHO. Part of my success with PCs).
The big thing with bras, other than the painful wires, is that bras push the twins up.... like... under my chin!
When I modelled, I wore "Merry Widows". Remember them? Long lined and pulled the waist in making an hour glass figure.

Oh please, any derail is welcome at this point ... lol. Thank you!