What's new

Amnesties? Um, no.

Anonycat

Crusader
For people who are :shrug: , past members have been banned for one reason or another. It seems a rumor has circulated that once Emma leaves, the bans will be lifted. :lol:

Bans that were made by Emma were for good reason, and not some thing where she didn't want to see their crap posts anymore - it was for reals, and not personal.

SO, the past bans will be upheld, and NO, they were not some personal attack, they were justified and will stand.

I think I got ethercat right there.

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
I haven't voiced anything to anyone recently but I take the opportunity of this thread to say that I would love to have Alanzo back. I don't know if he is willing and interested in coming back but I would love to see his ban lifted.

I haven't voiced anything to anyone recently but I take the opportunity of this thread to say that I would love to have Alanzo back. I don't know if he is willing and interested in coming back but I would love to see his ban lifted.

As I recall Al left in one of his characteristic drama queen hissy fits after repeatedly insulting Emma and insisted that Emma henceforth list him as 'banned'. I like Al, but I don't welcome the unnecessary drama he insists on creating.

Mark A. Baker

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Duh -- if someone wants to get unbanned all they have to do is re-register under a different name. If they behave themselves, they will be able to post all they want.

Helena

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

Just a silly note on this.

I have friends who are here on ESMB and also who have been banned (self-ban or otherwise).

I never thought it had anything to do with Emma or how ESMB is run.

It seems that if anyone really wanted to they could get banned or unbanned.

So it is really in the hands of the banee, ain't it?

I mean, even in kindergarten, didn't the report cards have one section that graded kids on: PLAYS WELL WITH OTHERS ?

Party on, ESMB!

Well, yes there is the " PLAYS WELL WITH OTHERS " & there is also - in my book - room for spats at recess. Ya know, even a bad hair day.

What merits a warning ?
How many warnings - over what length of time -before suspension ?
What merits a 1 week suspension ?
What merits a 2 week suspension ?
What merits a month suspension
What merits a 2 month suspension ?
What merits a 3 month suspension ?
What merits a 1 year ban ?
What merits a lifetime ban ?

I'd not want to be an admin on any board. Besides being pretty much a thankless job it is taxing to make calls that are going to be unpopular with one or another faction.

Is a board a democracy where I have "rights" ? No it is a privately owned thing that has a pretty much supreme ruler.

I've come to let the mods call it as they see it & accept it or move on.

I mean, one can always pick up their marbles & go play elsewhere or start their own board with their own rules & play a new game.

So, yes, it boils to us.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Shit! How did I miss seeing this thread!

I must've been dropped from the distribution list.

(sigh)

TG1

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

Possible solution.

MESSAGE TO ALL BANNED TERMINALS

In order to make up the damage you have done, your amends project is to bring back the
[STRIKE]broom[/STRIKE] e-meter of the [STRIKE]wicked with of the west[/STRIKE] COB.​

:giggle:

Oh, that's too easy! COB wouldn't even notice if his e-meter was missing. He never uses it.

How 'bout bringing us his video of "musical chairs"? That'd be enough to make anyone a Kha Khan. :biggrin:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Well, yes there is the " PLAYS WELL WITH OTHERS " & there is also - in my book - room for spats at recess. Ya know, even a bad hair day.

What merits a warning ?
How many warnings - over what length of time -before suspension ?
What merits a 1 week suspension ?
What merits a 2 week suspension ?
What merits a month suspension
What merits a 2 month suspension ?
What merits a 3 month suspension ?
What merits a 1 year ban ?
What merits a lifetime ban ?

I'd not want to be an admin on any board. Besides being pretty much a thankless job it is taxing to make calls that are going to be unpopular with one or another faction.

Is a board a democracy where I have "rights" ? No it is a privately owned thing that has a pretty much supreme ruler.

I've come to let the mods call it as they see it & accept it or move on.

I mean, one can always pick up their marbles & go play elsewhere or start their own board with their own rules & play a new game.

So, yes, it boils to us.

All the responsibilities of Admin make such a position equally unappealing to me, however, I would love Admin rights just to be able to correct spellings in Thread Headings, etc..

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Shit! How did I miss seeing this thread!

I must've been dropped from the distribution list.

(sigh)

TG1

I'm find similar problems. I get emails for PMs, but not for thread updates, and all those settings are "ON". It seems to have been a constant bug since the forced software upgrade.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I don't know if it's still like that, but I know that a couple years ago, if you put someone on ignore and they pm'd you, you wouldn't get the PM. Whether it's like that now, I don't know.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm find similar problems. I get emails for PMs, but not for thread updates, and all those settings are "ON". It seems to have been a constant bug since the forced software upgrade.

I had the same issue with receiving "instant thread notifications" via email. I was only getting PM emails but not thread updates.

I changed setting to "daily thread notifications" and that sorted it. I'd prefer to get "instant" updates but there is some sort of bug. I get "daily notifications" updates via email.

Hope this helps. :)

ethercat

Cat in flight

I had the same issue with receiving "instant thread notifications" via email. I was only getting PM emails but not thread updates.

I changed setting to "daily thread notifications" and that sorted it. I'd prefer to get "instant" updates but there is some sort of bug. I get "daily notifications" updates via email.

Hope this helps. :)

Anyone who isn't getting instant notifications, but whose settings are correct for them, please set your notifications to daily and see if they come through. If the daily notifications work but the instant ones don't, please PM me with the email address your notifications are set to go to. I'd like to see if there is any common factor that might be the cause.

I myself have no problem getting the instant ones, and in fact, had to set it to daily because I was getting inundated with notifications, so my thinking is that it's probably something outside the forum. If everyone with the problem has the same email provider, that could be it.

Thanks.

Hey, just follow the Tech!

ESMB is in POWER.

Don't change anything! (The formula for a Power Condition)

:biggrin:

And, if you DO ever grant an amnesty, be sure to require FULL O/W write-ups (with F/N at examiner) from all concerned, and a minimum of 50 hours of Sec Checking by at least a Cl VIII auditor able to make a meter read! Lord knows, we have to keep ESMB "standard". :hysterical:

i don't know as it has power stats lately. there's bound to be a surge in traffic with the release of The Master, maybe a big one.

y'all ought to be grateful to DM. he has screwed the tech severely. the rowling books have generated massive HE (high explosive) in terms of potential interestin matters esoteric and the flick could be the blasting cap that sets it off