An escape for the ages

Discussion in 'Leaving Scientology' started by Caroline, Dec 13, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. Caroline

Caroline Patron Meritorious

Gerry Armstrong resigned from the Church of Scientology on 12 December 1981, thirty-five years ago yesterday. Here is his letter of resignation:

Scientology entered Gerry's letter into evidence at trial on May 17, 1984. (See Exhibit 30.)

I asked Gerry to write about the letter and his Blow Day:

2. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

See, that's what happens when you don't do a proper hat turn-over. You're stuck with the damn thing foreva! :biggrin:

Congrats on your 35th anniversary out!

It's my 9th anniversary out this month.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  3. Caroline

Congrats to you too. I've been working on my 17th year out since May.

Gerry said thanks and admits he does seem to be stuck with the hat. He is still researching Hubbard's biography!

4. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

Just to get it off my chest and for the record I've always hated that pretentious stupid name Jonnie Goodboy Tyler. Goodboy? WTF? stupid!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

So do I take it, from reading your Goodbugger post, that Gerry/Garrison believed Leon Brown sodomized Hubbard when he was in kindergarten?

6. Wants2Talk

Wants2Talk Silver Meritorious Patron

Jerry - thanks for the true data. Thanks for the courage. Thanks for sharing yourself with us.

[video=youtube;BQ-jspv-Qok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ-jspv-Qok[/video]

7. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Ruthless Sec-Checker

Amen brother. That made me cringe and squirm myself completely out of my skin, almost to the extent of The Apollo Stars album. I knew by these watermarks that we were't dealing with a full deck by any means...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  8. Caroline

No, Gerry says that from a memory half as old as he is the picture that Hubbard conveyed was Leon Brown introducing him into buggery when he was a teenager in Helena, Montana. Gerry recalls that Brown was only a year or two older than Hubbard, not enough years older for that kind of kindergarten incident.

Gerry also says he saw no evidence in Hubbard’s materials of him being molested or abused as a kindergartener or prepubescent child, or at any time.

9. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Why does Gerry not post here himself? Does it have to do with whatever papers he signed years ago?

Mimsey

10. Caroline

No it doesn't have to do with papers. I've brought your post to his attention, and he'll undoubtedly say something if he wants to.

11. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

Would he not consider being 'taught' to masturbate by an adult as a form of sexual abuse?

12. Caroline

Here's what Hubbard says in The Admissions:

Hubbard does not identify his masturbation mentor, nor does he say whether his mentor was an adult.

At age 11, Hubbard was living in San Diego, California. (See Bare-faced Messiah Timeline.) Later in 1922, Hubbard and his mom moved to Seattle.

By the age of 12, when he cruised on the same ship with Commander Trouser Snake Thompson, Hubbard already had a year under his belt. Thus it is possible to safely eliminate Thompson as the Hubbard's unnamed basic sex educator.

It is altogether possible, assuming a degree of truthfulness in the Admissions, that in his mind Julia Flavia taught him to masturbate at age 11.

Hubbard might have been so hung up he was the only Homo Sap in history who required supervision in masturbation. But I think we would be stretching it too much to assume that the person or entity who had him under instruction was an adult.

13. Gib

Gib Crusader

I don't think Hubbard was taught to masturbate. We all figure it out without instruction. LOL

This is a wrong path, IMHO. He was just hung up on it from whatever he learned at the time when wanking off was considered a sin, early 1900's. And that includes women at the time.

What was it that Hubbard said, I think the PDC's, or maybe later, that all men (women) masturbate. Well, how did he come up with that conclusion?

Simple, he was the C/S at the time and read all the sins of PC's and found out they wanked off, and then enter in Hubbard's rhetoric to persuade people to get people into his game known as scientology.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  14. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

I learned that it was a sin in the mid-1900's. The reason it was a sin for guys was because you were wasting your vital essence, which was intended to be used only for procreation. This wasn't the case with women, however, since they didn't lose anything when they did it. (I suppose they could have "deflowered" themselves -- broken the hymen -- if they really got into it, which would have made it appear they weren't virgins when they got married.) As I recall, the sinfulness of masturbation was much less of a biggie for girls.

15. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

Based in scripture Piney

Old Testament somewhere; "It is better to leave your seed in the belly of a whore than spill it by the wayside"

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Poop Poop x 1
    • List
  16. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

Right -- for guys. But women don't have seed. Hence no big deal was made of masturbation for women, contrary to what Gib said. That was my point.

17. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

How are you Caroline and Gerry doing these days? What do you guys think of the Aftermath series?

18. Dave B.

Dave B. Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

Reading that admissions stuff is so cringey, what a fruitcake.

19. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

About the time he's being admonished for masturbation (13 years old) Sarah Northrup is born.

20. TomKat

TomKat Patron with Honors

You didn't like out-of-tune horns? :)