An escape for the ages

Discussion in 'Leaving Scientology' started by Caroline, Dec 13, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. Tanchi

Tanchi Patron with Honors

Oh, so many comments come to me. Nomenclature, imo, is such a beautiful lovely, ethereal way to convey "made up word or phrase. No offense, I think the superpower y'all possess is the gift of writing. I envy that. So, i give ole whatsisname credit for that.

At times I feel like I've hit a wall, because the communication style is so.. verbose. Less punctuation, a long winding road. It's Hubstyle. At 40 years gone, why still write like that?

2. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Except for clips, I've not followed this series, and I'd have to watch the series before judging it.

My initial impression, over all, is that it's a very good development. I don't see any sinister intentions at work.

That said, the rapid appearance of a series of words at 10:53 of the above video is odd to say the least.

It's not subliminal, in that it's visible, but the suddenness and rapidity of it with no explanation is peculiar.

I don't see it having much effect, but why put it there in the first place?

A show about a manipulative group features a short segment that - at first glance at least - seems to be manipulative.

It just seems like a stupid and unnecessary addition to an otherwise good show.

3. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Here is a link to the complete A&E series of the Aftermath show
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcviVtB85dLzs-yNhvtYZmuSRuUTM70HD

4. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Conspiracy Analyst

I just hope that no one involved in the back stage production has taken any kind of bribe or been promised future work by some nefarious entities in order to set the stage for a sabotage of the production. Fortunately we know that the enemy doesn't operate like that... right.

5. Tanchi

Every week, there are new (ish) attempts to sabatoge the show, or trash talk the hosts. It's simply not effective though. Season THREE!!! and people are leaving because of the show.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

There is no such quote (about "seed in the belly of a whore") in the Bible.
    Regarding the passage about the "sin of Onan", supposedly prohibiting masturbation and coitus interruptus, it wasn't about that. The Bible passage, in Genesis 38, is

8 Then Judah said to Onan, “Sleep with your brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother.” 9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. 10 What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also.​

In Old Testament times, when a woman was widowed without sons, it was the duty of the late husband's brother to take the widow in, support her, and give her sons to support her in her old age. That is what Onan refused to do. His punishment was over his refusal to perform his duty towards his late brother's widow.

7. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

It's bigger than that. If you are told "We are giving you a 21 year Leave of Absence" by Scn "justice" authorities, it's not "permission" to die, it is a COMMAND to die, so as to leave behind the issues and potential liabilities associated with your current life, so as to be ready to re-join in a new life later.

8. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Conspiracy Analyst

These are the names and labels that Leah has been accused of being by the COS for gods sake! That is all. They flash as attention getters and to mock the accusations, not for any sinister purposes. Geezus

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Absolument! In Scientology a suggestion is a "COMMAND". We are told as much in KSW. If you got an "Advice" from R on a project that included some kind of ambiguous hint you struggled to interpret this as something equivalent to all the other "wowee" type ramblings he interjected in correspondence and therefore dismissible so you could use your own sense of reason to do your job...or, take it as law in the form of a hint. If you're smart and grasp the lay of the land you go with the latter. If you're really smart you leave.

A pregnancy in the Sea Org is a PTP (Present Time Problem), Other Intention, Off Purpose, a Liability or even Enemy, Treason or Confusion depending on how desperate the Ethics Officer or Medical Liaison Officer gets.

The culture is so imbued with this kind of fluid interpretation of their own vernacular that they can't function. Yes, they think they profoundly know what they are saying because they have word cleared everything many times over in every way imaginable but they don't really because collectively it makes no sense. We all word cleared MEST (Matter, Energy Space, Time) in the Tech Dictionary on the Communications Course. Probably our first course, and we demoed it with paperclips, got a star rate checkout from another student, maybe even word cleared it on the meter - but can any of us really say we understood what Hubbard was saying? You have to read the Factors to begin to understand all the concepts of Viewpoints and Dimension Points but we are trying to reverse engineer the Factors like snails crawling over the reliefs of the Parthenon with cryptic Tech Dictionary references that refer back and forth to each other in a loop. To compound the problem Hubbard was constantly shifting between real world tense and fantasy tense. Are we talking about the laws of the physical universe now or the theta universe or both? Can any Scientologist really say they fully grasp the meaning of something in Scientology when you have to be an OT VIII to really get it? All the time he was describing DB's (Degraded Beings) - now we know in his mind he was thinking of people hopelessly buried under a pile of psychotic body thetans which was virtually all of humanity including us. That isn't in the Technical Dictionary. They have to put their understanding on hold and trust that other Scientologists who are higher on the Bridge, have more training or higher on the Org Board are far more sophisticated and knowledgeable about the subject at hand so you just go with it.

But to my larger point, Scientology is so mired in Tanchisms, er, I mean,... "made up words or phrases", and euphemisms intended to befuddle the outside world that we need people like Gerry to obsess over their use and meaning. I personally don't care much if sometimes there is a little over-compensation because as Dagwood points out it is completely realistic that someone working on the production could be co-opted to sabotage it. But in this case, I find the usage of the fast screen imagery to accurately convey the Church's nature and expectation that they will do whatever it takes to utterly destroy Leah and Mike. If this were a Scientology caper it is another colossal and predictable fail.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Tanchi

Tanchisms. I like it!!

11. Tanchi

Caroline. I think you're really Gerry, but still..Caroline,
    You notified legal counsel?

I may shut up in a bit, but seriously. To sort of allege that Leah Remini is dupable, then culpable in the same post is just out there, man. I don't know what the deal is with Mike Rinder, other than Gerrys myriad victim videos, but has Gerry Armstrong apologised to Paulette Cooper for contributing to the terrorism inflicted on her by Hubbard? While he, Gerry was in? Before he lifted the docs? Or others, not necessarily high level insiders that were hurt, defrauded, abused by that pig? Gerry you also contributed to the org til you didnt.

Oh and. In a you tube search, your victim videos pop up by Marty's most recent, and Taryn Teutsch's.

Now this. Frame by frame sounds to me like something COS OSA would do. Or Rathbun. Maybe that was Leah or Mikes lil backhand slap to whois?

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Caroline

Caroline Patron Meritorious

Thank you for your review, Veda. Yes, there is a sequence at 10:53 of the video. There is also a sequence that begins earlier, with this frame, timecoded in Avidemux at 00:03:16.563:

[​IMG]

Did you see the first sequence? Was the term "ENEMY" visible to you? It is hard enough to make out the word as a still frame, and I cannot see it go by at all, at regular viewing speed. There are sequences that begin with frames where the terms are delivered at even lower opacity. I am also not able to accurately report the words that go by, even after transcribing the segment. Granted, I'm not claiming to be OT. ;)

I'll put the video back in here, for convenience:

[MEDIA]

In the sequence at 10:53, what word or words were visible to you when you viewed it initially? If you don't remember, could you watch that segment again at normal speed please, and post your results?

I have deconstructed the sequences frame by frame and posted my transcript on my site, but it would be a better test to watch the subject video before reviewing the transcript. I really do appreciate your input.

I intend to address the false and confused supraliminal messaging which led me to begin transcribing the episodes in the first place. One of the first issues to deal with is the false messaging about the SP doctrine.

But for now, thanks in advance for your detailed observations regarding the subject sequences.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Huh? Huh? x 1
    • List
  13. Tanchi

Or, if you are on speaking terms with either Mike or Leah, maybe you could ask them?

14. whistleblower

whistleblower New Member

These are very good points, Tanchi. I also think Caroline is really Gerry.

Either way, Caroline, why are you so intent on maligning Leah Remini and her show? I did research on subliminal messages years ago, and what's in the title sequence of Leah's show is far from subliminal. Bill pointed that out earlier in this thread.

Please tell me this. Other than Leah's show, name a more effective tool currently that is educating the public about the evils of Scientology and helping Scientologists to leave. I highly doubt you can because there isn't anything else that even comes close to the good Leah, Mike and A&E are doing with Aftermath.

I know Scientology put Gerry through hell, but Scientology is aiming most of its Fair Game and firepower on Leah and Mike now. I urge you to stop your criticism of Leah and her show. They are the worst nightmare Scientology has faced since Anonymous. I hope Gerry finds peace and stops railing against other well-known people who have left Scientology. Enough already.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  15. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

Gerry Armstrong has no need to apologize to Paulette Cooper; he wasn't involved in any of the Fair Game operations against her.
    Jeff Marino, Andy and Kathy Savas, Charlie Batdorf, George Pilat and Jimmy Meisler were involved, among others.
    Caroline is Gerry's wife, and has her own voice. It's insulting and demeaning to suggest otherwise.
    Truth matters; it matters to Gerry and Caroline just as it also matters to Leah and Mike.
    (Come to think of it, the only one to whom truth is an inconvenient impediment...is Scientology, which euphemistically refers to LIES as
    "acceptable truths.")

I heard a comment today in connection with the suicide of Kate Spade, fashion designer, wife, and mother of a 13 year old daughter.
    I think it's worth repeating here.
    "Everyone you know is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Tanchi

I want to apologise if what I said demeaned you or anyone.

Try to see it from a relative newcomers perspective. I'll use my ignorance as the excuse, I really have no idea who posts as who. I don't know much history here.

I have different opinions re: accountability, but won't clutter up this thread with it.

EXCEPT TO SAY, alleging that Aftermath was using subliminal messages is insulting to all the Aftermath contributors. Even swiftly backpedalling to *supraliminal*, imo, demeans the bravery and courage it took to come forward.

Ok. Heading back to the likes and the loves symbols.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • List
  17. whistleblower

whistleblower New Member

I agree that alleging Aftermath was using subliminal messages is a huge slap in the face not only to Leah and Mike but to all the show's contributors. I want to apologize too, Churchill, if me expressing my opinion that Gerry is posting as Caroline or that Gerry is helping Caroline with those incredibly detailed posts on supposed subliminal or supraliminal messages insulted or demeaned anyone. I've never met Caroline. I don't know if she's just as focused on every tiny detail of things like Gerry is. Maybe she is. My point was that Caroline's posts on this issue are very similar to the level of detail that Gerry often uses to criticize and attack others who have left Scientology.

My intent with my post was to be as kind as I could while still expressing my thoughts. Churchill, Is it OK with you that Caroline is attacking Leah and Mike and Aftermath? She shows no respect for the battles they fight daily to continue with Aftermath. And she shows no respect for the amazing amount of good Aftermath is doing for the victims of Scientology and for inspiring tens of thousands of people to take action and speak out against Scientology. She mentions none of that good and focuses instead on tiny details alleging that Mike, Leah and others (who would all like to be her allies, by the way) have nefarious intent in regard to Aftermath. I take strong exception to that and will continue to urge her to stop attacking the people involved with Aftermath and to apologize for her previous attacks on them.

The excellent quote you mentioned was from Len Zinberg, whose appearance on Aftermath deeply moved me and so many others. So Caroline, please stop your attacks and apologize for them.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018