an example of premonition

Discussion in 'Human Potential, Self Discovery' started by Mimsey Borogrove, Aug 12, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

Never ignore an urge to secure a load in the back of a truck. Nothing worse than having something fly out on the highway, could cause a disaster to other drivers and extreme anguish for you. I was with a friend who had secured some stuff in the back and I had the thought "that's not secured right" but decided to say nothing and sure enough, once on the highway, out it flew.

2. Gib

Gib Crusader

Mims mentions he had a "picture" of something happening in the future.

We all have done this, engineers do this all the time, create thru their imagination pictures of worst case scenarios, imagination at work, and engineers design for safety, the third eye, premonition, let's not get confused.

If anybody has had a baby or puppy, we all imagine or create or mock-up mental image pictures of what could go wrong, envision it. And we learn from experience not to leave dangerous objects about for the curious kid or puppy or cat and so on.

Hubbard certaintly profited from simple things that he made profound. LOL

3. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

It was so, so, ephemeral. You know it wasn't like your average thinking of about some idea or whatever, it's just a little nagging sort of a thought that skitters across the surface of your mind and then you think a counter thought and it's gone away. Like someone whispering really light and filmy. C'est la vie.
    Mimsey

4. Gib

Gib Crusader

oh come on, really Mims?

5. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

I ignored a "premonition" on one stock investment that I had some years ago. I am happy that I ignored it.
    My "premonition" (subconscious brain activity) was wrong.

:happydance:

Do you write a personal journal (diary) of all "premonitions" that you have, before it happens, to see how many turn out to be true and how many turn out to be false?
    (A comprehensive journal would be needed to rule out Confirmation Bias.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  6. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Yes.

Since I have had these things happen before, I tried to recall precisely what happened, and that was how it appeared.

It is quite different then the one I had in college when I was rapidly descending a flight of stairs and reached out my hand and caught my camera just as the strap snapped. There was no thought there I just reached out and caught it.

Possibly it was an involuntary action, who knows, but the result was the same. I caught the falling camera before I was aware the camera was falling.

Mimsey