An Open Letter to Mary DeMoss

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Churchill, Nov 18, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. TrevAnon

TrevAnon Big List researcher

For all we know Mary will be in Mark Bunkers upcoming documentary. :biggrin:

2. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

Very cool post!

Now, about that "fog" you mention. An apt term, if there ever was one, to describe the atmospheric conditions & mindset surrounding planet Scientology.

Perhaps all things Hubbard--and more specifically why Scientologists do the incredibly stupid & cringey things they do--can be best understood as phenomena related to "The Fog of War".

Considering that Scientology's "fog" was carefully crafted in a manner best suited to entice, coerce and defraud Scientology's participants out of all their money to satisfy Hubbard's insatiable avarice, perhaps the term should more correctly be: The fog of [STRIKE]war[/STRIKE] whore.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  3. HelluvaHoax!

And, as long as we're talking about "fog" and "the fog of war", maybe it's worth mentioning--

As conceived by Hubbard:

The WAR in Scientology is not against insanity, criminality & war.

The WAR in Scientology is against Scientologists.

4. HelluvaHoax!

Whoa! That would be cosmically cool & karmic or something!

Especially if he captured footage of OSA goons harassing him with protest marches while he was trying to make the documentary. And Mary was filmed walking back and forth amongst the Scn. protesters, bullbaiting them. LOL

5. Good twin

Good twin Floater

Sadly Mary became famous in the critic community through the Mary go round video. It is a very harsh exploitation of who she was and I believe she was really hurt by it. Not just while she was still in but even when she was working through the trauma of leaving. The internet forums were not a safe place for her to work out her exodus and her plans to rebuild her life.

She did have the support of people that she trusted. There are other exes and critics who don't publish everything they go through but handle their stuff more privately. Even though I spent most of my forst several years out talking things through publicly I also was in contact with several exes who were under the radar and have never made public statements. Those people gave me another layer of recovery.

People find their own way. I like that. So different than being a Scientologist.

6. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

great to hear from you Good Twin:wave:

7. Vittorio

Vittorio Patron Meritorious

I agree.

That she's out *and* moved on is the most important thing