What's new

Anti Scientology cultist?

Veda

Sponsor
Lately Marty Rathbun has adopted the meme pushed by corporate Scientology for decades. The "anti-Scientology cultist."

Such people as "perimeter defense" covert operative "Bernie" have been promoting this for decades. So do hired "wog" cult apologist "scholars."

"Perimeter defense" means away from Scientology but still attacking its enemies.

Sad to see Marty sink to this level.

miscavige-slapping-marty-gif.192476

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
IF Marty has become the latest "weapon" of OSA against "us" then it shows just how close to extinction the cult really is.

There is a barrage of "entheta" emanating from a no-longer-cowed media and a steady trickle of celebrities leaving that threatens to publicly become a flood.

It's unknown how many of the Faithful rank-and-file (S.O., staff and public) are quietly leaving but there appears to be a complete inability to even keep the doors open anywhere in the cult but a few major centres like FSO, the AOs etc.. The few culties that have been seen in the real world by me or those I know well here in Oz are cowering imbeciles unable to function in the presence of SPs real and/or imagined.

There's no strategy appearing to resurrect the cult brand that's going to change the current torrent of exposure of crimes and abuses. Duke Miniscule only seems to have His "open new buildings" to fall back on. And now Marty, The Oracle, Alanzo et al ?

Where's Tom Cruise? Travolta? Krusty? Heber?

So, my message to Marty and his crew, any OSA lurkers and those simpletons who continue to believe that the cult is on track for planetary domination thanks to Drunken Maggot and His minions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QCxyns1lrg

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Who is this aimed at?

Whether it is the cherch or simply a one man revenge trip, who is the intended reader that is supposed to be turned off by the words?

Ackerland

Patron with Honors
Who is this aimed at?

This is the 1000$ question. On the surface, his blog postings serve no purpose, other than to get even on perceived injustices inflicted on him by the Anti Scientology Community (ASC). There is still that chance that he's acting independently from the Co$. But, I very much doubt it.

ethercat

Cat in flight
Quoting your post from another thread, Veda, because it's relevant to this thread:

Except that, by dismissing anyone and everyone who posts on Marty's blog as a [fill in any uncomplimentary description] it mainly serves to forward Marty's use of Hubbard's Battle Tactics.

The model that Marty, in a somewhat sloppy way, seems to be following is that of old ("perimeter defense") fake critic "Bernie":

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://bernie.cncfamily.com/ars.htm

Before the era of the participatory Blog, Bernie would search for quotes from anyone with a disagreement or upset with any critic of Scientology and use those quotes. Sometimes, he'd befriend these persons. Many of these people were used unwittingly by Bernie, and most had no idea what Bernie was really doing.

Bernie's shtick was that he wasn't part of corporate Scientology but a "critic," so his comments and information were worthy of being taken seriously.

There are other variations. Some are more obviously corporate Scientology sites.

Below is a link to one such $cientology disinformation site - not as well disguised as what Bernie does.

Amongst other things, and like the Bernie site, it lies about, and continues to attack, Paulette Cooper. The first attempt at framing Cooper with making "bomb threats," in 1972 ('Operation Dynamite'), did succeed, resulting in her being brought before a Grand Jury. It came very close to destroying her life.

And yet, this site, outrageously, attempts to mislead by asserting:

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://www.scientologymyths.info/operation-freakout

It even blows Bernie's cover (slightly) linking to the 'Bernie' site. Notice the link at the end of the piece under "One of them is here." "Here" is in red.

So if Marty, his "Independent Scientology" books and all, is secretly working on behalf of corporate Scientology these days, it's been done before.

And I Wonder what Marty, in his current role, would say if anyone asked him about Paulette Cooper? :eyeroll:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I nominate the term "Anti-Scientology Cult" as the official replacement for the far more cumbersome mouthful, "Bitter Defrocked Apostates And Bloggers Living On The Fringes Of The Internet."

"Anti-Scientology Cult" rolls off the forked tongue so much easier...
And ASC is so much easier to remember than BDAABLOTFOTI

Thanks Marty.
Quite a legacy.
In the exact same way that, at the last moment, legal defeat was snatched, inexplicably, from jaws of victory, years of honest, if incomplete, truth-telling and public exposure of the crimes and predations of the Mafia-like, Scientology Cult are being eclipsed by the incarnation of "Marty, the Guru" - oddly reminiscent of the "Ron" series.

The Truth Rundown Series by Childs and Tobin revealed the hitherto unseen, dark soft underbelly of the Scientology beast and Marty, along with the other courageous people earned the respect and gratitude of the entire ex-Scientology community, a wildly diverse assortment people and philosophies at various stages of recovery, healing and growth.

But here's the thing:
People who are newly out of Scientology need a safe harbor where they can decompress, and begin to heal.
They need honest and accurate information about the methods and manipulations that Scientology uses, and which held them captive.
They need to repair the architecture of their minds.
And to that end, ESMB and The Underground Bunker provide safe harbors.
Emma and Tony Ortega are very good people.
Yet, sadly they are the ones Marty and his remaining acolytes have in their cross-hairs.

OSA dearly needs and wants to eliminate such safe harbors and populate them instead with assorted loons, kooks and conspiracy theory nuts. Hey, you guys know who you are, right?

Fortunately for the ex-Scientology community most of them are hanging out over there with ol' Marty.

Last edited:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I nominate the term "Anti-Scientology Cult" as the official replacement for the far more cumbersome mouthful, "Bitter Defrocked Apostates And Bloggers Living On The Fringes Of The Internet."

Thanks Marty.
Quite a legacy.
In the exact same way that, at the last moment, legal defeat was snatched, inexplicably, from jaws of victory, years of honest, if incomplete, truth-telling and public exposure of the crimes and predations of the Mafia-like, Scientology Cult.

The Truth Rundown Series by Childs and Tobin revealed the hitherto unseen, dark soft underbelly of the Scientology beast and Marty, along with the other courageous people earned the respect and gratitude of the entire ex-Scientology community, a wildly diverse assortment people and philosophies at various stages of healing and growth.

But here's the thing:
People who are newly out of Scientology need a safe harbor where they can decompress, and begin to heal.
They need honest and accurate information about the methods and manipulations that Scientology uses, and which held them captive.
They need to repair the architecture of their minds.
And to that end, ESMB and The Underground Bunker provide safe harbors.
Emma and Tony Ortega are very good people.
Yet, sadly they are the ones Marty and his remaining acolytes have in their cross-hairs.

OSA dearly needs and wants to eliminate such safe harbors and populate them instead with assorted loons, kooks and conspiracy theory nuts. Hey, you guys know who you are, right?

Fortunately for the ex-Scientology community most of them are hanging out over there with ol' Marty.

One of the best summations I've seen. Thanks.

ethercat

Cat in flight
Thanks Ethercat. I had no idea what Veda was talking about....who's Bernie? LOL

The current "meme" looks like a rerun to those who were on ars during that time period.

Discussing Marty is discussing something "not scientology" and is too convoluted for people new to the subject to follow. It also provokes (some) people into what appears to be fanaticism, leading those who are new to think all "sides" are some form of crazy they don't want any part of, and they quit looking at the real subject - scientology. This is nothing new.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

It's not immediately clear if it's "(anti-Scientology) cult" or "anti-(Scientology cult)". "Anti Scientology Cult" indicates neither, so if it's unfamiliar one has to figure it out from context.

Not joking.

Paul

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Quoting your post from another thread, Veda, because it's relevant to this thread:

Yes, that Anti Scientology Cultist term has Bernie written all over it, lol. Glad Anonymouse preserved http://bernie.cncfamily.com pages since Bernie blocked the Internet Archive from archiving them.

Disclaimer by Anonymouse

"This web site is NOT created by a Scientologist. It is created by a Scientology EX-MEMBER who is critical of Scientology. However, this ex-member is ALSO critical of the anti-Scientology movement. This does not make him a Scientologist, nor a defender of Scientology."
http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://bernie.cncfamily.com/sc/myths.htm

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

This thread reminds me of something. . .

Something way worse than eating chocolate pudding and having a Scientologist give you an r-factor that it's actually Ron's poop.

One of the worst things ever posted in the history of the internet! By Anybody! Anywhere! Ever! LOL

And now, my friends, we shall revive & revisit an event far more restimulative than OT III or even the Gorilla Goal Implants of 318 trillion years ago. Let us proceed by opening the ESMB time capsule. Prepare yourself for a full dosage of Redux Reflux Regurgitatus.

---------------​

An Ode to L Ron Hubbard
Written by Mark Rathbun
Posted on March 12, 2011

You said your legacy would be the tech
but the dictator said otherwise
and the church began its demise
and hurt came to those who would object

You said there was no hidden data line
but the dictator said he knew better
and burned all of your policy letters
and the church went into long term decline

You said the tech was timeless and free
but the dictator wanted power and cash
and made your truth a confusing hash
and status and greed replaced the state of OT

You acknowledged the loyalty of your gracious wife
but the dictator used her as a stepping stone
and she died forgotten, friendless and alone
and thus he erased your dear Manuela from your life

You raised three fine children and one who died too soon
but the dictator wanted them forgotten too
and your progeny turned from sunshine to blue
and the many who loved you wept under a sorrowful moon

You had faith that your friends would make it come out right
but the dictator mis-used your treasure to enervate them
and black dianetics, reverse scientology internecine mayhem
and with violence did he destroy their willingness to fight

You said only truth could penetrate thick armor plate
and though the dictator protested this fact
it was your ace in the hole that has our back
and everyday now more are working to reverse your fate

And alas, it may take time and a perilous struggle
but we assure you it is too late to reverse our tide
you’ve got friends to the end of time on your side
and come hell or high water we’ll emerge from this jungle

Because we know you were right that the truth shall set us free
and that is one thing no dictator will ever take away
it will be your real friends standing at the end of day
humanity freed, the only proper acknowledgment of thee

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/03/12/an-ode-to-l-ron-hubbard/
There are a series of Hubby photos at this link.

Ogsonofgroo
12th March 2011, 04:13 PM​

:puke2:

Good frikken fried baby jebus onna poopsicle stick that suxors..... :(

afaceinthecrowd
12th March 2011, 04:16 PM​

BUMP!:thumbsup: Took the words right outta my mouth.:yes:

Face:)

degraded being
12th March 2011, 04:16 PM​

How do I get vomit out of my keyboard?

Opter
12th March 2011, 04:19 PM​

The blind leads the sightless.:eyeroll::eyeroll:

Mary Sue went to jail "on behalf" of her husband while he was still alive.:yes:

Puleeze, give me a break.:duh:

Opter

Ogsonofgroo
12th March 2011, 04:20 PM​

How do I get it off my cat??? (even she puked a bit in her mouth, poor thing)

In retrospect I recall, many, many years ago, being assaulted by poetry of this caliber, I'm thinking it was 4th or 5th grade but could be my own teen-angst stuff too...... oi. :tearingeyesoutwashingbrainsmiley:

Emma
12th March 2011, 04:20 PM​

You can't. You'll have to line up behind me to get a new one. :censored:

skollie
12th March 2011, 04:22 PM​

I was wondering the same thing, db. Let me know if you figure it out.

Gadfly
12th March 2011, 04:32 PM​

Puking uncontrollably!

The essay sort of makes sense if you put the name of the ORIGINAL DICTATOR in place of every word "dictator" - the name "L. Ron Hubbard".

Contradictory? Well, of course, but THAT is a very intense part of how Hubbard put the subject of Scientology together - it is incredibly contradictory - and most people can't mentally deal with THAT and instead suppress various aspects of that (ref: cognitive dissonance).

+++++++++++++++

Sindy
12th March 2011, 04:38 PM​

I guess we'll call this the "Puke Thread". :puke2::puke2:

BunnySkull
12th March 2011, 04:40 PM​

This seriously needs to be entered in a bad poetry contest. It's just as bad as Marty's serious "writing." Anyone remember his book excerpt about trying to will himself to die in order not to deny Mosey the gift of Scientology. It was seriously just as cliched, juvenile, overwrought, revolting sentimental and melodramatic as this latest hilarious attempt at poetry.

No wonder Marty failed miserably as a "independent journalist" when he left the cult. His writing samples would have been passed around any editors meeting for the good laugh of the day. Since he his totally unable to accept any criticism his awful writing will never improve.

I have no doubt the real worlds honest criticism of his abilities and work is one reason he went running back into the arms of Scientology followers where he could get the ignorant fawning he so desperately needs. No where else on the planet does anyone give two shits about Rathbun or think of his talents as anything even approaching mediocre. But among the brainwashed Scios he can still pretend he is a BIG being, superior to all wogs and on a mission to salvage this sector with other loyal officers.

He doesn't want to "wake up" in fact the delusion is the only thing he has to validate his sense of self worth. Without it he is just another immature, middle age loser, but with wacky beliefs most people scoff or mock, with a bad back who possesses no real talents, skills or accomplishments in the real world except the those most school yard bullies have. He clings to the con as if his life depended on it, because it does. If he loses it he also loses his purpose, his income, his new house, his saviour complex and all his adoring sychopants. Its all just truly pathetic behavior for a grown man. Reminds me of the 7 year old kid running around with a cape pretending he's a super hero fighting villains and saving the world and who crumbles into a puddle of tears when adults tell him he is in fact just an average kid playing make believe.

Tl:dr He tried the real wog world for a short time and went running scared back into the arms of LRH because deep down he's truly a coward and not man enough to make it the real world where criticism is part of the learning curve and his totally unmerited superiority complex would ensure his place as a running joke.

Emma
12th March 2011, 04:45 PM​

Someone needs to educate Marty about the SEVEN children Hubbard fathered. :duh:

Sindy
12th March 2011, 04:46 PM​

Someone needs to educate Marty about the SEVEN children Hubbard fathered. :duh:

Me too. I thought there were SIX. Am I forgetting that Nibs has a sibling?

Free to shine
12th March 2011, 04:47 PM​

I agree with your no nonsense comment BunnySkull.

Funny thing is that it didn't make me puke to read it, or I couldn't have posted it here. I have read many such things over the years. What does make me feel sick are the comments from other people.

I see this Ode as a heartfelt message. I respect Marty's right to say what he does. The more he talks, the more it becomes even more obvious what he intends, and how terribly deluded he still is.

I think many of us could have thought of Hubby that way in times past. To see such a starkly puke making Ode right here, right now, from someone who has supposedly woken up in some way and is presenting himself as a leader, is a dire warning to anyone who values their own thought processes.

FoTi
12th March 2011, 04:47 PM​

Delusional? :blink::wacko::dizzy:

How could he possibly believe that? :confused2:

NomenNescioNY
12th March 2011, 04:49 PM​

^^ Well said.

--
Marty and Hubby, sitting in a tree..

FoTi
12th March 2011, 04:49 PM​

3 wives....7 children.

Emma
12th March 2011, 04:52 PM​

Yeah Nibs has a sister.

http://exscn.net/content/view/137/100/

HelluvaHoax!
12th March 2011, 04:54 PM​

You mean standardly?

A turkey feather duster and newspaper?

(continued at LINK).....................

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I've been posting for years (after Rathbun condemned Scientology as a cult and Hubbard as an antisocial tyrant whose tech did not work) that it is bizarre beyond comprehension why Marty did not REMOVE that odious Ode post from the internet.

At long last, sir, have you no sense of shame and cringing? Wouldn't a normal human being delete and erase all traces of that abominably humiliating admission that he was once "flowing power to" and fawning over a vindictive con man who stole most of his life with a cruel and avaricious hoax?

But, no. Marty left the Ode up there on his blog for anyone to read.

I could never even come up with a theory of why anyone would do such a thing.

Of late, perhaps it is dawning on me that (somehow, impossibly)--did Rathbun never change his mind about Hubbard since writing the Ode? LOL

He really shoulda listened to my free online advice these past years. I'll give it another try. . .

Mr. [STRIKE]Gorbachev[/STRIKE] Rathbun, tear down this [STRIKE]wall[/STRIKE] Ode!

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

:laugh:

ethercat

Cat in flight
Yes, that Anti Scientology Cultist term has Bernie written all over it, lol. Glad Anonymouse preserved http://bernie.cncfamily.com pages since Bernie blocked the Internet Archive from archiving them.

Disclaimer by Anonymouse

"This web site is NOT created by a Scientologist. It is created by a Scientology EX-MEMBER who is critical of Scientology. However, this ex-member is ALSO critical of the anti-Scientology movement. This does not make him a Scientologist, nor a defender of Scientology."
http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://bernie.cncfamily.com/sc/myths.htm

anonymouse.org is an anonymizer, not someone who preserved the site. It's pulling the pages, as they are now, through a proxy server that strips your browsing info. The disclaimer was written by Bernie (or whoever may be running the site).

moontaco

Patron with Honors

I've been posting for years (after Rathbun condemned Scientology as a cult and Hubbard as an antisocial tyrant whose tech did not work) that it is bizarre beyond comprehension why Marty did not REMOVE that odious Ode post from the internet.

At long last, sir, have you no sense of shame and cringing? Wouldn't a normal human being delete and erase all traces of that abominably humiliating admission that he was once "flowing power to" and fawning over a vindictive con man who stole most of his life with a cruel and avaricious hoax?

Of late, perhaps it is dawning on me that (somehow, impossibly)--did Rathbun never change his mind about Hubbard since writing the Ode? LOL

He really shoulda listened to my free online advice these past years. I'll give it another try. . .

Mr. [STRIKE]Gorbachev[/STRIKE] Rathbun, tear down this [STRIKE]wall[/STRIKE] Ode!

I had to look for myself. It is indeed still there—and comments are still open. Just in case anyone wants to add something before it's taken down.

Marty's Ode to LRH

guanoloco

As-Wased

I had to look for myself. It is indeed still there—and comments are still open. Just in case anyone wants to add something before it's taken down.

Marty's Ode to LRH

Marty is a Commanding Officer in the Vogon Invader Force!!

guide_entry__vogon_by_alexhart-d5d39tx.jpg

Veda

Sponsor
It's not immediately clear if it's "(anti-Scientology) cult" or "anti-(Scientology cult)". "Anti Scientology Cult" indicates neither, so if it's unfamiliar one has to figure it out from context.

Not joking.

Paul

:) Probably should have placed a hyphen between "Anti" and "Scientology."

The idea is that the "Anti-Scientologists" are bad, and are probably worse than corporate Scientology.

I did use a hyphen in the text.

-snip-

The "anti-Scientology cultist."

-snip-

For example, Marty explains:

"Anti-Scientology Cult (ASC)... more zealous and coercive than anything it accuses Scientology of..."​

You get the drift.

:runaround:

1427731748-miscaivagemotocross.png