What's new

Anyone looking to sell a working e-meter?

xela3991

Patron
I am looking to buy an emeter! I'd be willing to pay $150 via paypal plus the cost of shipping! Just PM me and we can get started!

Thanks!

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
When that meter was made, it was common for auditors to make footplates out of 32 oz vegetable juice cans, with tin snips and a hammer. Using them often required longer leads, so we'd head over to Radio Shack, buy a standard 1/4" right angle jack, some wire, and two alligator clips. No soldering required, just pliers and maybe a small screwdriver.

The power connector was slightly more exotic than a 1/4" jack, but I don't think by much. Replacing it shouldn't be that hard. Freezoner types probably know sites which sell replacements, if you're not the DIY type.

That said, I hope you're not going to use it for scientology. That stuff can mess people up.

kate8024

-deleted-
I am looking to buy an emeter! I'd be willing to pay $150 via paypal plus the cost of shipping! Just PM me and we can get started!

Thanks!

The best place to get one is from an eBay seller named TechLibrary. The one I got from them was calibrated out of the box with a new battery, in its original shipping box and everything. It was more than $150 though - I think I paid right about $300 for it (a mark v model)

kate8024

-deleted-
The power connector was slightly more exotic than a 1/4" jack, but I don't think by much. Replacing it shouldn't be that hard. Freezoner types probably know sites which sell replacements, if you're not the DIY type.

The power adapter for my Mark V is a pretty standard DC 'wall wart' type plug, a universal power adapter with changeable tips would have this one.
12VAC 500mA, it doesn't specify on the adapter if the tip is positive or negative.
Mine specifically is a Mouser model no AA-1250 but that exact model and part seem almost impossible to find on the web.

kate8024

-deleted-
i looked at that one and it doesnt have anything other than the meter itself, no leads nor power cord.

The thing I would be worried about with that one is the battery. The battery used in the Mark V is very unusual and has a center tap in it. If the battery is bad it would pretty much have to be replaced by a professional and probably won't be cheap.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can get you a newer and latest version E-Meter from a friend - they paid $3,200 but he/she would take $500 and you pay for shipping.

It was used a few times. Black and in excellent condition. Has the case and all the attachments, cans, calibrator, plugs etc.

If he/she can't get a min. of $500 - he/she said they would rather smash it into tiny bits rather than to deal with the hassle.

E-mail them at [email protected]

They may be posting it on e-bay for $1,000 and maybe already have so if you see it - offer $500 and it could be yours!!

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
''

Buying an e-meter to measure engrams is like buying a rabbit hutch to house the Easter Bunny.