Anyone want Scientology Books-?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by KnightVision, Feb 11, 2019.

?
  1. Throw Away !!!!!

54.5%
  2. Give Away ??

36.4%
  3. Maybe sell some to Nasty Aliens?

27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
View Users: View Users
  1. KnightVision

KnightVision Gold Meritorious Patron

Hi Everyone,
    I've been MIA for a few years, off living my life and taking care of things. I'm doing fairly well and I hope the same for all of you here.

I am clearing out my attic of cobwebs and what not and came face-to-face with my collection of Scientology books from years past, which incidentally fit in both categories , LOL . And so I look at them and think well should I put them in the recycle bin or is there possibly somebody who still would like to use them and or want them? So I thought I would post here and see if anybody could direct me towards anybody who might be able to put them to use. It's kind of an odd thing because I'm not a big fan of the vast majority of what Hubbard wrote but I understand that there are a great number of different views about it. And it would be nice if I could actually sell some of them but I'm not sure about that. Mainly I'm trying to part with them swiftly.
    If you would like to direct me towards anybody that might be interested please let me know. I'm located in Los Angeles, CA.

List of books:
    Technical bulletins 1 to 13. Plus the case supervisor series, technical series, auditing rundowns, grade processes and prepared list and Technical bulletin index.
    Management series 0 to 7.
    Scientology handbook.
    Various tapes collections, how to present Scientology to the world, PTS, SP lectures, the study tapes, truth, the Phoenix lectures, professional TR course, Academy lectures 1 to four, the route to Infinity, games.
    The key to Life course books, what is Scientology?, dianetics.
    Mission Earth series 1 to 10.
    The problems of work, have you lived before this life, Scientology eight 8008, Psychiatry the ultimate betrayal, preclears, the evolution of a science, the Dynamics of life, Advanced procedures and axioms, child dianetics.
    Art, science of survival, the creation of human ability, the truth about drugs, a history of man, Mission into time, history of man, fear, self-analysis.
    A couple boxes of Scientology magazines 1997 through 2000, most of them unopened and unread (a blessing, hahaha) in original condition.

Thank you. KV

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

There are some people/organizations researching/investigating Scientology. They might appreciate some or all of that as a donation.

Or you could make a bit of money selling them -- especially to a True Believer -- freezone or CoS.

But other than that, they have a negative worth -- toss them.

3. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

What Scientology magazines do you have?

4. Type4_PTS

For sure some reporters and sociology students might find some of that stuff useful.

5. KnightVision

ASI, IAS and others. I didn't look closely. Anything in particular you're looking for?

6. Type4_PTS

I'm not personally looking for anything, but sometimes that material can be useful for reporters working on various stories. Tony Ortega has done many stories based upon Scientology magazines.

7. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

Either donations(as previously mentionned) or recycling bin.
    Otherwise the only people who might be interested to it as ''valuable material to study'' would be freezoners.

8. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

9. KnightVision

Ok, thank you BigBlue. I have sent Mr Kent an email about the books.

10. KnightVision

Okay, when I get a chance I'll get back to you. Thank you, KV

11. Irayam

Irayam Patron with Honors

It could be dangerous to just throw them away.
    Someone could pick one of the books from the waste bin, read it and start some service at the nearest org...
    I brought mine back to the org when Ieft.:)
    Irayam

12. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

You live in LA, just drop them off at the PAC base.

13. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

I think Scientology wants old materials out of circulation as much as we do but for different reasons. They compete with new sales and contain uncensored, unrevised wording that they prefer be relegated to the growing pile of disappeared history.

They should be treated either as haz-waste to protect others from contamination and disposed of responsibly or relegated to libraries dedicated to exposing the abuses of Scientology.

I think this stuff is damning. To the unindoctrinated things that Hubbard and Scientologists take for granted appears absolutely insane. I would not underestimate the value old materials have for anyone investigating Scientology. In addition to universities with social study departments that take an interest in cults, there may be news organizations near prominent Scientology locations that want to build their own libraries and would have their shipping departments pay and schedule a donation pick-up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  14. TomKat

TomKat Patron Meritorious

Send them to the boss of some obnoxious church member, in their name.

15. exbritscino

exbritscino Patron with Honors

I still had some scino books after I left the cult. I don't know why, but I kept them for a while, probably because I didn't want them to be picked up from a recycling site and lure some unsuspecting thetan into the mind trap........

Then I bought a house with a wood burner................ Good news!! Got myself a briquette maker, tore all the books into little bits, added some water and made a load of compressed paper briquettes for the wood burner.

This was the best use I ever had for this garbage.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  16. screamer2

screamer2 Idiot Bastardson

If you can't get them to some group who will use them in their investigation into the abuses committed by this abusive cult...

Fold, spindle, and mutilate them.

17. KnightVision

Thank you for your suggestions and support. I have donated everything to some folks who can and already have begun to use them for public reporting. :D

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Please, do not just throw the books away!

Reason: THERE IS LIFE-SAVING TECHNOLOGY CONTAINED WITHIN THOSE BOOKS!

References: See avatar & signature section

19. Irontyphoon

Irontyphoon New Member

nvm