What's new

ANZO Staff / Sea Org : Request for info

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
`

I think that was Jose...? He was a nice guy, a musician, an auditor, Tech trained, not Admin trained. Towards the end he was really just holding the fort for Cheryl. As I heard the story, she had gone to Flag for Tech training when there had been a big Tech push on and while she was there had been transferred to the OEC/FEBC when the big FEBC push began. She and Steve Fawcett returned to Melbourne as the Product Officer/Org Officer team which is a basic FEBC team structure. The Product Officer is like the Executive Director, in a Class IV Org, except I think she was referred to as the 'CO' for Melbourne, and the Org Officer is simply referred to as the OO. They both came back Sea Org, because the (early?) FEBCs had to be SO - even though neither of then were strictly SO qualified. Or that may have been just the CO/OO who had to be SO at that time. Later FEBCs weren't required to be.

That would have been in in 81 or 82.

At some stage Cheryl became CO ANZO and was up there for a while before she was sent back to Melbourne Day again as ED. It was probably during the time that Cheryl was CO ANZO that Leanne was the ED.

Welcome Spiritlines! :happydance:
You are from my era - how wonderful.

I've sent you a PM (private message).

Feral

Rogue male
Welcome! It's nice to have another aussie, or someone who was in Aus. I remember Pat and Moana too. And Mark and Marion Whitter etc. Any idea where any of these guys are now? You can PM if needed. I would just for more Aussies to turn up here. :happydance:

Pat blew the SO,then Moana blew from the captains post to recover him, That was back in '97-'98. Before Elaine Allans' reign of terror.

I have no idea what happened to them... because Moana was the captain I fear an SP declare was inevitable

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Pat blew the SO,then Moana blew from the captains post to recover him, That was back in '97-'98. Before Elaine Allans' reign of terror.

I have no idea what happened to them... because Moana was the captain I fear an SP declare was inevitable

Thanks Feral!
I remember walking into the AO the last time I was ever there and being greeted by EA. She had been my senior and had done her best at the time to cave me in when I was pregnant and leaving staff. When she saw me again some ten years later I was like a long lost friend...!? Er, not. Though I hope she does escape the SP Hall at Int and regain the warmth she had when I first met her.

I hope Pat and Moana are happy now. Wouldn't it be great if they were reading here? :)

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron

Pat got declared for some sexual misconduct. I was told that Moana was sent uplines for re-programming but I don't know if this is true or not. The Pat declare is true as I have seen it. This was about late '90's if I remember rightly.

Pixie

Crusader
Thanks. It's great to be here.

Welcome to the forum Spiritlines!! :welcome2: I love your Avatar and your name! :yes: Looking forward to reading more of your posts, it's a fun ride here, not always too serious.. :no: so kick your shoes off, grab a beer (or whatever you fancy) and get typing, we're all looking forward to getting to know you a little better. :happydance:

Andrew

Patron with Honors
Hi,

I was in the Sea Org for about 15 years and I left in the late 90s. I'll send you a PM with a few more specifics to see if you know me. I chatted a bit via PMs with Emma last night and she happened to know who I was.

Last time I saw Marion Whitta would have been late 90s and I'm pretty sure that was in LA. I like Marion a lot, she was very cool. Mark and Marion had been divorced for a number of years. His later wife was an American named Denise - very pretty lady who I recall used to be the Receptionist at Flag Bureaux and then moved into the Programs area.

Marion was my ED at Adelaide Fdn 1996/97. She was there with her son Martin. Then he "came of age" and went off to the SO in Sydney. Marion went back to Sydney for awhile before being sent back to ED Adelaide. Which is pretty much like being sent out to Siberia. I'm not sure who she pissed off to get that gig again. Eventually courtesy of some more SO babies and the arrival of their respective parents she went back to Sydney and then to LA sometime around 98. I really liked her she was quite the tough nut and fantastically ethically flexible :yes:.

exso72

Patron
Oh come on, Adelaide isn't that bad... At least you can get a proper "pie floater"! Ha ha. Yeah in fact Adelaide is that bad... Had I ever been sent there or to ACT I probably would have put a bullet in my head.

I'd forgotten about "Tuppy" or "Tupper" or whatever Martin's nickname was. Didn't realize he joined the S.O. Last time I saw him he was probably no older than 10.

I think we were all a bit "ethically flexible" as you put it. I guess that ultimately we did what we needed to do in order to survive at times.

ANZO Staff/Sea Org

Hello everyone,
I have just registered for this forum. I am so glad that there are Australians posting here. I spent 6 years in the Sea Org. 1980-1982 when the AOSH ANZO first opened 3rd floor,Castlereagh St. Then 1990-94 at the Glebe address and I was there when the AO went so called St. Hill size. I must admit the food was not too bad. Mostly we had eggs for breakfast, salad of sorts for lunch and mostly meat and veges for dinner. The pay was $50 a week if not in lower conditions.That was standard regardless of income.If you sold books, you received a small bonus. No such thing as superannuation, sick leave, holiday pay etc. Just work. If you were sick, into ethics and then degraded in front of the whole crew for being a down stat. When I was there Moana Colossimo was Captain and her husband Pat was her MAA. She loved to scream and get into your face. Don't know much about the RPF, I only knew a few people who were in and they were in for quite some time (one person about 3 years because he could not find a twin). He eventually blew. When the push for St. Hill size was on, all days off were cancelled, no more family time, working until after midnight every night and only had time Saturday night off for cleaning own berthing and washing. Of cause after St. Hill size announcement, it could not continue being up stat as people went home after event, so back came the missions and hard times. After six months of mental abuse, I decided that was enough. SP declare (no problem).

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hello everyone,
I have just registered for this forum. I am so glad that there are Australians posting here. I spent 6 years in the Sea Org. 1980-1982 when the AOSH ANZO first opened 3rd floor,Castlereagh St. Then 1990-94 at the Glebe address and I was there when the AO went so called St. Hill size. I must admit the food was not too bad. Mostly we had eggs for breakfast, salad of sorts for lunch and mostly meat and veges for dinner. The pay was $50 a week if not in lower conditions.That was standard regardless of income.If you sold books, you received a small bonus. No such thing as superannuation, sick leave, holiday pay etc. Just work. If you were sick, into ethics and then degraded in front of the whole crew for being a down stat. When I was there Moana Colossimo was Captain and her husband Pat was her MAA. She loved to scream and get into your face. Don't know much about the RPF, I only knew a few people who were in and they were in for quite some time (one person about 3 years because he could not find a twin). He eventually blew. When the push for St. Hill size was on, all days off were cancelled, no more family time, working until after midnight every night and only had time Saturday night off for cleaning own berthing and washing. Of cause after St. Hill size announcement, it could not continue being up stat as people went home after event, so back came the missions and hard times. After six months of mental abuse, I decided that was enough. SP declare (no problem).

Welcome jasminefrech. Thanks for your story.

I'm a fellow Aussie too. From Melbourne.

Neo
:)

freefrom

Hello everyone,
I have just registered for this forum. I am so glad that there are Australians posting here.

Hi'ya jasminefrech,

Welcome! It's great to have you here.
There are LOTS of Aussies here too. The more the merrier - I only wish MORE of my old mates were here! :clap:
Since I found this place, not long ago, I have started remembering more and more people and wondering what they're up to now.
I spent a bit of time at the AO too, but in between your 2 stints.
I don't think it mattered who was Captain, yelling in people's faces was pretty much Standard Operating Procedure. :omg:
For me, the lack of family time was definitely the hardest thing to take.

Cheers!

Pixie

Crusader
Hello everyone,

Welcome Jasminefrech. :welcome2: Wow, you've really been through it, just another typical nightmare of life in the SO. I mean the rest was bad enough, but to be degraded in front of your fellow staff just because you're ill, what the hell did they expect when they were working people like dogs! :duh: :no: Anyway, good to have you here and I look forward to reading more of your posts. :yes:

freefrom

Welcome to the forum Spiritlines!! :welcome2: I love your Avatar and your name! :yes:

THANKS Pixie! I have changed both now, but I appreciate your sentiment. It took me a little while to decide WHO I wanted to be - now I am free from...free to... and FREE. Yes. I have very much enjoyed reading stuff and thinking about stuff, it has brought back so many memories. Hey, it wasn't all bad! :yes: And it is so interesting looking at things a bit more objectively. I see so much more now and understand much more than I did when I left, which is like... 20 years ago - Wow.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
THANKS Pixie! I have changed both now, but I appreciate your sentiment. It took me a little while to decide WHO I wanted to be - now I am free from...free to... and FREE. Yes. I have very much enjoyed reading stuff and thinking about stuff, it has brought back so many memories. Hey, it wasn't all bad! :yes: And it is so interesting looking at things a bit more objectively. I see so much more now and understand much more than I did when I left, which is like... 20 years ago - Wow.

There are quite a few "frees" here. :D
Welcome! I was on staff in Melbourne in the early 80's and public from then and left for good in 1998.

DartSmohen

I went on tour of ANZO in both 1971 and 1981. Had a GREAT time. (Having a Kha Khan Order was of huge benefit),

In 1971 the orgs were just shitty holes in the wall. By 1981, with the exception of Sydney, they were still in the same condition.

The OTL (or FOLO as it was later called) was based in a house on Bondi Heights. The org was in Bondi Junction. There were a fantastic bunch of rogues, led by John Parselle. We went up and down to Brisbane and across to Perth and Auckland.

We worked hard and played hard. Made a lot of money for St Hill, gave talks to audiences of several hundred.

By 1981, there had been some changes. Pat & Harry Bloomberg were in Sydney. The org had a reasonable building and my mate Stevie Stevens was there. I remember Martin Bentley, he had a boat in Rushcutters Bay. It was still a good atmosphere. Perth Org hag a building, but very few public or staff (bit like the rest of them). The Fdn ED was a large lady who ran the place like a madam.

Well, as it happens, she WAS a madam, running a couple of "massage parlours" as her main income source. The GO went loopy when they found out. Thought it was "out PR". In fact, I thought it gave them some real street cred.

Adelaide was a nice, clean town. I liked it. The main crowd there were all connected to the Rinders. I knew them well from St Hill and their daughter, Judy, had a huge crush on me. (Oh, it is damning to be so handsome!)

Melbourne looked the same. I remembered Tino & Cherie Ceberano there. Just as well he was a champion karate master, with a daughter like his. All the lads were "prowling". Also Delwyn and Bob & Noel, the brothers.

Auckland was again a small operation. It was good to meet up with old contacts and old flames.

By this time there was strong talk of an AO ANZO, so locals were looking to go there instead of St Hill.

The real downturn, as far as I was concerned, was putting Phyll Stevens in charge. I remember her from Edinburgh and St Hill. Boy, what a fundamentalist fanatic nutcase she was. I hear she is now in a Florida retirement home. (Good luck to the unfortunate people sharing the place with her). She hated me because I used to run rings around her. What used to send her really up the wall was to come into her office, open the paper and find the crossword had already been filled in. Her suffering ex-husband Steve sr, used to play poker at the local clubs. He was a good guy.

From reading several of the threads about ANZO, I can only conclude that what was once a fun place to work in has turned into a psychotic stat-led hell hole.

Hopefully the protests will continue to erode the scilon presence. The government departments need to be engaged.

There will come a tipping point and the lot should crumple. :yes:

Neo

Thanks for the data Dart.

I don't know much about the history outside Melbourne, apart from what I have read at this board. Cherie Ceberano is still very much a part of the Melbourne scene. Married to Ben Balfour now. Cherie runs her own FSM practice. Has been one of the orgs main sources of 'affluent' new public.

Neo

Pixie

Crusader

:omg: Gee whiz freeform!! Looks like I can't keep up! :eyeroll: OK, sorry about that. Your new name is great, however you will be welcomed and loved here no matter what you're name is. :yes: Yes, it's an interesting one isn't it, I've learned more in the last four months of posting that I have in the last twenty years!! Because I had no one to talk with about scientology, and holding all that in can't be healthy either, putting your experiences in words, and reading others experiences, helps to clear one's head of the accumulated clutter and helps get things back into a normal perspective. OK then, see you around the forum, and best of luck with your new name! :yes:

ANZO Staff/Sea Org

Thanks for the welcome and I am looking forward to posting and bantering and I bet you I know a few of you too. I knew Elaine Allan prior to her joining staff and she seemed always very nice. It goes to show what pressure does to a person. I went to the Melbourne Org on tour a few times from the AO and really liked the people. I think Johnny Colossimo was the ED at that time. Does anyone know what happened to Pat and Moana's son? I used to look after him from time to time.

Neo

Thanks for the welcome and I am looking forward to posting and bantering and I bet you I know a few of you too. I knew Elaine Allan prior to her joining staff and she seemed always very nice. It goes to show what pressure does to a person. I went to the Melbourne Org on tour a few times from the AO and really liked the people. I think Johnny Colossimo was the ED at that time. Does anyone know what happened to Pat and Moana's son? I used to look after him from time to time.

Johnny Colossimo hasn't been onlines for about a decade. He isn't declared from my understanding, because he is the FSM for his sister, Maria, who did services last year. I was standing there whilst the HES called Johnny to find out where to send the FSM check (it was for several hundred dollars). I believe he was quite surprised to receive the call. He has had nothing else to do with Scientology since leaving - that is my understanding.

If I understand the situation correctly (this was before my time on staff) Johnny got mixed up with a financial 'situation' that was caused by the then LC Tony Bell, who has been declared. I believe Tony used many public for large loans for a business deal that went disastrous, never paid back the monies, drove people off the Bridge as a result, etc. Messy. I was still hearing about it a decade (or more) later.

Neo