What's new

Arnie Lerma just passed RIP Arnie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Arnaldo Lerma
2 hrs ·
ARNIE HAS PASSED AWAY GINGER SUGERMAN. PLEASE HAVE TONY ORTEGA CALL ME 661-568-8260 ANYONE ELSE CAN CALL TOO.
The news is all over Facebook

RIP Arnie

(Posted by his wife Ginger.)

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
OMG

Attempted to murder his wife (Ginger Sugarman)
(shot in her face) and then committed suicide
Shocking!

:eek:

Warning: The story and photograph are very upsetting!
(so you may choose to avoid the descriptive expository and graphic)

Last edited:

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Arnie was in severe back pain for a long time ~~ years and years and was on opiates for pain killers.

We exchanged much back channels. It is possible long duration Fentanyl effected him mentally. There is always collateral damage and severe side effects to drugs.

phenomanon

Canyon
OMG

Attempted to kill his wife (shot in her face) and then committed suicide
Shocking!

Warning: The story and photograph are vey upsetting! (so you may chose to avoid the descriptive)

OMG

Attempted to kill his wife (shot in her face) and then committed suicide
Shocking!

Warning: The story and photograph are vey upsetting! (so you may chose to avoid the descriptive)
I almost passed out. Shocking!

IWantOffThisTrain

Eternal Optimist
I'm glad Ginger wasn't hurt worse and I'm sorry Arnie was hurting so badly he felt he had no other options. While we don't know much I do think CO$ is what started his battle with paranoia and a contributing factor to his death.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
R.I.P. Arnie.

My limited interactions with him were always (for me) educational to say the least. He was a true colossus when it came to the load he carried against this toxic cult.

He was probably the only person I was sad to see banned from here - not that I had a disagreement with why he needed to be banned, but he always added a perspective based on years of both experience and a deep knowledge. But finding out just now that he suffered from not just chronic pain but an opiate dependency makes it easy to see why such a compassionate person could do and say the things that he did in these last few years.

I hope his legacy of chronicling the crimes and abuses of $cientology can be continued - it would be a fitting tribute to a person who did so much to expose what a poisonous creature Hubbard truly was.

My deepest sympathies to his wife and I hope her horrific injuries get the best medical attention and she is able to fully heal. And condolences to all those who were close to him.

He was truly a giant of our community, and I'm very sad that he won't be around to see David Miscavige finally get what He truly deserves.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Wherever he may be (if we even remain anywhere after death) I wish him a better journey ahead.

In life, he used his energetically inquisitive mind to extricate himself from Scientology.

And that same courageously probing mind helped him fight countless battles against the evil cult.

But, somehow (whether through drugs, the ravages of cult warfare, or otherwise...) at some point in time his powerful mind began to flip and turn against himself--until he lost that last battle.

It is hard to imagine that had he not chosen to join Scientology that his life would have ended in such tragedy. I have just seen this too many times, where someone is caught in Scientology's toxic wake, to not suspect that being somewhere in the cult's dark gravity didn't somehow contribute to pushing Arnie's life to this dark end.

I didn't read the articles. It's too raw to want more, at least at this point. Maybe his wife will have a statement at some point bringing much needed clarity.

Condolences to all that knew him and grieve his loss.

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Wherever he may be (if we even remain anywhere after death) I wish him a better journey ahead.
Condolences to all that knew him and grieve his loss.
:cool:
To Ginger who did not deserved such act of violence prepetrated on her...may she be given strenght, resiliency as well as be comforted, cared for and helped to recover , mentally, emotionnaly and physically from this trauma.
It's twice tragic to her.

Best thoughts!

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
Consolations to Arnie's family.

We have lost a great contributor, and brave man, a teacher, and a fighter for justice.

arnie72.jpg

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was saddened and shocked to learn this terrible news.
I extend my deepest condolences to Arnie Lerma's family and friends.
I pray that Ginger will continue to heal and summon the strength to enable her full recovery.

Gib

Crusader
Arnaldo Lerma
2 hrs ·
ARNIE HAS PASSED AWAY GINGER SUGERMAN. PLEASE HAVE TONY ORTEGA CALL ME 661-568-8260 ANYONE ELSE CAN CALL TOO.
The news is all over Facebook

RIP Arnie

(Posted by his wife Ginger.)
I'm not going to get into the condolences, I truely agree, WFT happened, no matter, Arnie was a true warrior.

In arnie's video here, at the 13:46 mark or so, Arnie says the only part of scientology that worked was the lawyers.

I'd agree, If only existing members knew this. Arnie says DM knows this. I think he is right, only the lawyers run scientology, LOL

You da man Arnie, thumbs up my friend.

Last edited:

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am shocked that Arnie attempted murder rather than just going through a divorce.

Anyway, his Scientology info website:
http://www.lermanet.com/
I can't excuse the choices people make while under the influence of any substance, but I have a better understanding now.
I was given heavy painkillers and things to block nerve pain after back surgery. When I got home I became increasingly paranoid. I became convinced that the house was crawling with spiders and the only safe place was in the bedroom. My husband had to do "spider" sweeps of the lounge and bathroom and even then I knew he had missed them. I was terrified to speak to anyone from work, despite knowing them all for years and they were nothing but loving and caring. I was simply scared of everything and everyone. I remember conversations and events from that period that I don't know if they were real or not.
It was such a huge change in personality, the fear of losing myself and my mind was greater than the fear of the pain. I stopped the tablets and got a much lighter paracetamol/codeine mix which took some of the edge off, but the fear and paranoia disappeared in days.

I never went through decades of constant pain and people react differently to painkillers. If someone is used to living in a general state of fear and anxiety, the escalation of it wouldn't be noticed so much. But rational decision making would definitely be affected.

I am very sorry that his wife and son had to go through this terrible tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.