What's new

Attached to London Org but want to bow out...

Quber

Think I may have old friends on here from the 80's...want to ask for a 'repayment' but reading the net - prospects of money return don't look good....

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
If you're from the 80's you probably didn't sign the oppressive forms they have to sign these days so you may have a chance.

Quber

If you're from the 80's you probably didn't sign the oppressive forms they have to sign these days so you may have a chance.
Thanks for your reply...I do recall having to sign at least 5 different things - I gave up reading the small print after the 2nd or 3rd:eek:

exbritscino

Patron with Honors
Thanks for your reply...I do recall having to sign at least 5 different things - I gave up reading the small print after the 2nd or 3rd:eek:
Hi,

I'm from the UK and managed to get a sizeable refund/repayment some years ago.

You'll need to check with a solicitor, but basically the forms you sign waiving your rights to a refund are not legally binding in the UK. (At least they weren't when I did legal action).

How long ago are we talking about when you paid your money into the organisation? I ask because usually you only get 6 years in which to claim money taken from you under false pretences or by undue influence etc...... Again, you'll need to check with a solicitor.

IM me if you need any advice.

Quber

Hi,

I'm from the UK and managed to get a sizeable refund/repayment some years ago.

You'll need to check with a solicitor, but basically the forms you sign waiving your rights to a refund are not legally binding in the UK. (At least they weren't when I did legal action).

How long ago are we talking about when you paid your money into the organisation? I ask because usually you only get 6 years in which to claim money taken from you under false pretences or by undue influence etc...... Again, you'll need to check with a solicitor.

IM me if you need any advice.
Hi...oh I'm trying to work out how to private message you...